Times Have Changed [MDZS]

Oleh XiexieRourou

Also: 今非昔比 Jīn fēi xī bi Shoved back to his nearly dying 17-year-old past self just after the siege in Burial... Lebih Banyak

Prologue: Xi
Chapter 1: Jin
Chapter 2: Revisiting the Past
Chapter 3: Removing Thorns
Chapter 4: I to Him
Chapter 5: Hide or Fight
Chapter 6: Bloody Cold Pond Cave
Chapter 7: Clarity Bell
Chapter 8: Baba
Chapter 9: Longing to Comeback to Gusu
Chapter 10: Suspicious Woman
Chapter 11: Intentional Third Encounter
Chapter 12: The Family of Three
Chapter 13: Orchid
Chapter 14: Hanguang-Jun 《OG Timeline》
Chapter 15: Sect Leader Nie《OG Timeline》
Chapter 16: Token of Engagement
Chapter 17: I Am Out of My Mind
Chapter 18: Zhengye Xiangu
Chapter 19: She's My Responsibility
Chapter 20: I Will Watch Over Her
Chapter 21: Please, do watch over me
Chapter 22: Thousand Years' Sorrow
Chapter 23: Privilege Bestowed Upon Zhengye Xiangu
Chapter 24: Lure The Tiger Out Of The Mountains
Chapter 25: The Stronger The Better
Chapter 26: Magical Wine
Chapter 27: Drunk Lan Wangji
Chapter 28: Who said Hanguang-Jun is as cold as an iceberg?
Chapter 29: Eternal Blood Oath
Chapter 30: Who are you, really?
Chapter 31: This woman is Wei Wuxian
Chapter 32: Who was really lying?
Chapter 33: Do Not Disturb The Newlyweds!
Chapter 34: Fourteen Years Of Yearning
Freebie
Chapter 35: Two Monsters
Chapter 36: Little Devil
Chapter 37: The Savior And His Damsel In Distress
Chapter 39: Chang Clan Extermination
Freebie
Chapter 40: The Reunion
Chapter 41: Yīn Hǔ Fú Didi
Chapter 42: The Hungry Family
Freebie
Chapter 43: Wen Rouhan
Finale: Wang Xian
Extra I : Granduncle
Extra II: Old Friend
Extra III Part 1: Discussion Conference
Extra III Part 2: Discussion Conference
Extra III Part 3: Discussion Conference
Extra IV: Immortal-grade Pills
Small Theatre

Chapter 38: No paper money for me?

2.6K 173 19
Oleh XiexieRourou

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Thirty Eight

Years ago, former Sect Leader Nie encountered a mishap and was rescued by a kind-hearted wandering cultivator. Old Nie is a man who believes in karma. To repay the kindness of his savior, he promised to fulfill one favor for the man as long as it's within the moral standard. The wandering cultivator only have his granddaughter and great granddaughter as kin and only wished for the Nie Sect to take care of them. Hearing this, Old Nie immediately remembered his great grandsons. This wandering cultivator has a really kind soul and his family members couldn't be that bad either. Therefore, Old Nie decided to protect the man's great granddaughter by marrying her into the Nie Clan.

Initially, Eldest Young Master Nie was the chosen groom for this betrothal but he resolutely refused. Nie Mingjue didn't say it but everyone knew that he did it for Nie Huaisang. He was persistent into making Nie Huaisang lead the sect one day. Therefore, he couldn't marry or have a child to any woman to avoid the struggle of power in the future. And so, Nie Huaisang's marriage had been set in stone since he was at the age of five.

Nie Huaisang was made aware of this betrothal ever since he could remember and his feelings towards this future wife was very lukewarm. He knew that he should fulfill the promise of his great grandfather, but he was also not overly enthusiastic about it. He thought that maybe if he could meet her, his feelings and stand towards this marriage would somehow be clear. However, he was never given that chance.

One day, they were suddenly shocked by the news that she and her mother died. He remembered how angry his father back then and knew that their deaths were not that simple. However, no one explained it to him.

Later on, Nie Huaisang found out that her clan had met a downfall and knew that it was the work of his father. That was the last time that he heard a news from that small clan, not knowing the truth of what really happened to her and her mother.

Nie Huaisang was still young and it didn't affect him that deeply. Years passed, this incident that had been buried at the back of his mind soon faded with the passage of time... until he completely forgot about that one girl who would have been his wife.

But the twisted strings of fate were really hard to untangle. In the course of seeking revenge, Nie Huaisang met Sisi. Sisi is a woman with a dark past and just like him, her heart was also full of revenge. After she had learned about the dirty things that Jin Guangyao did for Jin Guangshan, Sisi willingly allowed Nie Huaisang to use her as a tool to expose Jin Guangyao.

Sisi was a key character in the destruction of the father and son. After returning, she was also one of the first few people that Nie Huaisang seek.

Nie Huaisang deliberately arranged an encounter with Sisi. Pretending to be the savior that saved the damsel in her distress moments. Only she didn't know that this young man who came when she most needed help will also be her doom. It was heartless, he was heartless... or so he thought.

Sisi, she was just a tool, a piece that should be disposed after being used... but she's more than that. Behind her fragile looking beauty is a fighter, a brave woman who would do anything to exact revenge against the man who destroyed her life.

Nie Huaisang thought that he is already heartless, but every moment that he spent with Sisi made him think otherwise. Because of her insistence, he decided to guide Xue Yang instead of killing him. Because of her, he started to understand Meng Yao. Nie Huaisang came from the world where he used many lives as his death bed and Sisi made him see his mistakes. But there's only one miscalculation that he could no longer correct... he could no longer save her.

Nie Huaisang once had a betrothed. He never hated nor like her, he just thought that maybe meeting her might change his feelings. If only he wasn't too late in understanding his own heart... She... she wouldn't...

Nie Huiasang bowed his head, no longer able to look at the scene in front of him. His nails were digging hard against his palms, blood starting to seep from it, but the pain within his chest was so great that he could no longer notice the wound on the both of his palms.

"I'm sorry I did not recognize you," Nie Huaisang mumbled with self-loathing. The clues were all there, he was just blind to notice. If only he tried to learn more about her past. If only he didn't treat her as a tool...

"Nie-xiong! Wake up!" Wei Wuxian shook Nie Huiasang hard but the man in front of him was still delirious. His eyes were unfocused as he stared at the two dead bodies in the other room.

"Feiyun!" Nie Huaisang abruptly stood up, mindlessly running towards the main room. Feiyun, he finally remembered the name of that girl who would have been his wife if fate didn't play tricks with their lives.

Wei Wuxian exchanged a knowing look with Lan Wangji as they followed Nie Huaisang with Xue Yang.

Nie Huaisang was rushing towards the main room when suddenly, his path was blocked by a young man. The young man held Nie Huaisang firmly, preventing him from entering the room.

"Let go! I have to see her! I have to save her!" Nie Huaisang struggled but it was all in vain. The young man was clearly determined to stop him.

"A'sang, it's what Jiejie wanted. Are you really going to make her sacrifices in vain?"

"No, she didn't have to sacrifice anything. I'm going to save her..." Nie Huaisang voice was so weak while tears continued to flow from his eyes. He raised his hand and touched the tightly closed door in front of him. It was only a small distance, but Nie Huaisang felt that it was so hard to reach her.

"It's too late. She's already dead."

"I... I..." Nie Huaisang's vision started to clear out. He finally recognized the young man who was supporting him. "Yao-ge, I failed her."

Meng Yao smiled sadly, "We should respect her choice."

Footsteps rushing from the first floor were heard. Meng Yao looked at the three people behind Nie Huaisang and nodded, "We should go now. If others see us here, all of Jiejie's sacrifices will be in vain."

Wei Wuxian hesitated for a moment but he also knew that at this point, they could no longer do anything to save Sisi. Worse thing was if they were seen here and be tied with Jin Guangshan's death.

Meng Yao lead the way while supporting Nie Huaisang. Wei Wuxian tugged Lan Wangji's sleeve as they followed behind.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Wangji frowned.

Wei Wuxian stared at Lan Wangji's golden eyes. In the end, he only shook his head with a sigh. Actually, he was just wondering why Meng Yao was here. In this incident, it was not just Sisi who died. Meng Yao's father who he always wanted to please was now dead, so why isn't he affected?

Wei Wuxian glanced at the tightly closed door as they passed by. He somehow had this thought that the self-less lady inside this room did many things to help Nie Huaisang. It was just a pity that she could no longer be with him in the end. In fact, Wei Wuxian could turn her into a sentient corpse just like Wen Ning but letting her enter the cycle of reincarnation was what she deserves.

The night was abnormally cold, the road was empty of people, and the hearts of three people standing in the middle of the silent street of Yueyang were particularly heavy. They watched as Meng Yao led Nie Huaisang away until their figures faded into the dark.

Xue Yang stared at their leaving figures, "Sang-ge clearly loves Si-jie but why would fate not let them be together?"

Wei Wuxian slid his fingers between Lan Wangji's slightly cold ones, "Maybe that's how fate works. Perhaps in the next life time, the red strings that crossed would be finally tied into a tight and sturdy knot." He looked up and his eyes were full of emotions as he stared at Lan Wangji, "Am I right, Lan Er-gege?"

Lan Wangji tightened his grip on Wei Wuxian's hand as he answered, "Wei Ying is right."

Xue Yang nodded innocently. He was really clueless with things concerning about love.

Wei Wuxian started to like this apprentice even more.

They started to walk on the opposite path with depressed hearts. A while later, the two adults in teenage bodies heard a sniffing sound beside them. They looked around and saw Xue Yang secretly wiping away his tears with his sleeves.

Wei Wuxian was speechless, "This kid..."

Xue Yang raised his head stubbornly, "What's with that look? I clearly didn't cry."

Wei Wuxian chuckled and the heavy feeling in his heart slightly lightened, "Alright, you didn't cry. Should we burn some paper money for Maiden Sisi?"

Xue Yang's eyes brightened but he realized what was wrong, "There should be no store open at this hour, right?"

Wei Wuxian did not expect Xue Yang to take it seriously but he still replied meaningfully."You don't have to worry, we have a master here."

Lan Wangji was drunk when it happened but Elder Heiying made him dream of what happened that night in details. Of course he understood what Wei Wuxian was talking about.

Moments later, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji stood at the side, watching Xue Yang carry out a few random incense sticks, candles, and paper money. Walking over to the side, he built something that resembled a stove using bricks and rocks. He squatted in front of it and started to burn paper money, silently fanning the fire.

Seeing this, Wei Wuxian couldn't help but frown, "Hanguang-Jun, look at what this kid is doing in front of other people's doors. You're not even stopping him."

Lan Wangji replied in an indifferent tone, "As his master, you can stop him."

Wei Wuxian was also affected by Sisi's death and couldn't bear to stop Xue Yang. What more, he was the one who gave Xue Yang this idea of burning paper money. He sighed and let the kid do what he wants. In any case, it's so late in the night and no one is outside. But he still wondered loudly, "Why would dead people want money? They can't receive it anyway."

Xue Yang who was busy burning paper money heard him and looked up, "Master, how do you know?"

Wei Wuxian murmured, "How do I know? Isn't this a common knowledge in the cultivation world?"

And of course, he could not accept it since he was immediately reborn into the past after he died.

Xue Yang, "But what if they can actually receive them?"

Wei Wuxian asked himself in silence, what if this is really the case? Then, did someone burned them for him?

The more he thought about it, the more he wanted an assurance. He turned to his side and whispered to Lan Wangji, "Hanguang-jun, have you burnt paper money for me? At least you've burnt paper money for me, right?"

His voice was weak and seemed that he was just forcefully assuring his own heart.

Lan Wangji glanced at him. He looked down, dusting away the ashes that stuck to the bottom of his sleeve, then stared quietly into the distance, giving not a single word of reply.

Looking at this obvious evasion, Wei Wuxian didn't know whether he should laugh or cry. Really? He had not burnt anything?!

Then he looked at the other's eyes and somehow understood, "You did not believe that I was really dead, did you?"

Lan Wangji did not answer his question but Wei Wuxian knew that it was really the case. He really didn't know if he should be hurt or touched by this.

So many things happened and all of them were really tired. After Xue Yang finished paying respect to the dead, they decided to take a rest before fulfilling their real agenda here in Yueyang City. After they ate their meals, they let Xue Yang stay in the room opposite them while Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji stayed in the same room, waiting for the dog that they had not seen for a day.

Not long after, they heard sounds of scratches on the window. Wei Wuxian personally stood up and welcomed their guest, Elder Heiying. Who would have thought that there would be a day when he will willingly welcome a dog?

Wei Wuxian, "Long time no see, Old Black! Is there a good news?"

The black dog jumped inside and sat lazily, "Of course, there is. But I didn't expect for the Chang Clan to be really disgusting."

Wei Wuxian raised an eyebrow curiously. Xue Yang's words earlier somehow echoed in his head.

Elder Heiying generously shared to them what he saw inside the Chang Clan while he was investigating the whereabouts of the last piece of the Yin metal, "That sickening clan...."

⸞۞⸟

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

29K 1.9K 26
Wei Wuxian knew that he messed up the moment he hit Jin Zixuan. So upon arriving back with Sect Leader Jiang the Madame in her rage beat him to an in...
368K 19.5K 69
What would you do if you find a box of seven kittens? [ High Rankings ] #1 Bighit (06/07/22) #1 Belift (05/25/22) #1 I-Land (05/30/22) #1 Heeseung (0...
6.1K 273 20
Part 2 of my series The Galaxies Align for Our Love After surviving the harrowing challenges of Enid's family to save their love, Wednesday and Enid...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...