[Who Dies] T-B Hanako-kun x R...

By Borbityborb

A girl with no past. A boy who claims he has it. A master who seeks blood. Restless spirits. And most imp... More

Borbity Borb
[Prologue]
{Character Info}
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
{Quick FAQ}
14
15
16
18
19
20
[Epilogue]
To the Readers

17

1.7K 70 133
By Borbityborb

Happy April Fools?! Say hello to my new pet Hajime!!!

(she is looking intensely because I hold a treat)

I know I said I wasnt into TBHK as much, but I checked on the manga out of curiosity and have u guys read the latest chapter?!?! XC
~

The next time Y/N opened her eyes, the sky was already a pale blue morning. She could hear Kamome's students chatting as they flocked to the school entrance, but two familiar voices stirred her awake:

"OH. MY. GOSH. Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that Y/N huddled with Hanako?"

"I think it is, Yashiro. I THINK IT IS!"

She caught the bleary outlines of Kou and Yashiro running towards her. She stood up straighter, a smile so wide on her face it hurt.

"Good morning guys! It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"AHH! YOUR MEMORY... IT'S BACK!" Yashiro squealed and reached out to hug her, Kou doing the same with teary eyes. But Y/N held a finger to her lips, shushing them.

"Look." Y/N whispered. Hanako's hat was on the table, so she gently patted his head. "Hanako-kun's still fast asleep."

"So? Let's wake him up! We have loads to catch up on, Y/N." Kou looked so excited Y/N almost gave in. As cute as Hanako was when he was snoozing, her shoulder was growing sore and her body stiff from the cold.

Luckily, Hanako began to shift. Yashiro clenched her fists impatiently as Kou jabbed him in the shoulder to wake him up faster.

"OUCH! MOKKE, what the he-" Hanako caught himself, pulling away from Y/N. "Guys?"

"Sorry to interrupt another of your moments," Kou crossed his arms cheekily. "But we miss our best friend, too."

"COME HERE!" Y/N burst free, tackling Kou and Mitsuba in a chaotic embrace. They fell to the grass in a bundle, laughing and crying at once.

"Y/N! TELL US ALL YOU REMEMBER!" Yashiro sobbed. She cupped her face fiercely. "I need to make sure everything's alright. What's your favorite food for lunch? Your favorite color? What's your nickname for me?"

"F/F, F/C, Daikon legs..." Y/N choked out as Kou suffocated her in a tight hug.

"I'm such a disappointment to all of you!" He wailed. "I couldn't exorcise Hanako's twin... I shoulda' called Teru... I'll try harder this time, I promise! Y/N, will you forgive me?"

Y/N was overwhelmed with her friends' flurry of questions, filled with so many things to say. She sighed in relief when Hanako spoke from behind, setting his hat formally on his head:

"I don't want to be the pushover, but... let's continue this reunion somewhere else. Look over there."

The three of them followed Hanako's eyes. A stupefied student stared from afar.

"Oh, they must think you're crying over thin air!" Y/N laughed, patting her friends away. Yashiro and Kou got up, not caring that their uniforms were now muddy and grassy.

"Let's reconvene at the Broadcasting Room after school," Hanako suggested. His signature grin had now returned. "The other Wonders missed you a lot."

~
11:45 PM, Class A...

Yashiro kept roving over question 12 of her math test, which illustrated a graph and some marked points.

"Graphs... graphs.... What the heck is this graph supposed to mean?!"

"The points form an upward curve. It's a quadratic function."

"GAH!"

Yashiro leapt in her seat as Y/N appeared in front of her, upside down.

"Oh... oh my gosh, I keep forgetting you're a ghost now." Yashiro seized her heart in relief. Her classmates stared at her like she dropped from the sky. Aoi gave her a concerned look.

"Sorry about that," Y/N said as Yashiro settled down in embarrassment. "It's just... Hanako-kun did that to me. A lot. And I can see the fun in it now."

"You think it's fun to scare me?!"

"Better answer that test! Only 15 minutes left!"

Yashiro rolled her eyes and circled the answer "quadratic equation."

"By the way, Y/N, should't you be with Hanako-kun?"

"What! I'm not that clingy! He needs to do his Wonderly duties first."

"And what of your Wonderly duties?"

At this, Y/N only sighed. Yashiro quickly went back to her test and the rest was silence.

~
12:30 PM, Canteen...

Y/N walked through the cafeteria brimming with students, unseen.

She recognized Sabiro, a quiet boy who gave her a note that asked for friendship after she had (or Hanako had) beat up her old bully, Tobero. Now she could see, to her total surprise, that the two boys were talking eagerly and eating ramen at a table.

'Tobero's old mates aren't with him. Maybe he's improved.' Y/N hummed, flicking a bit of ramen at Tobero's shirt.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Tobero screamed.

"Chill, dude." Sabiro frowned. "Probably just the wind?"

"No... I don't think like that anymore! Do you think it's the ghost? The ghost that beat me up last year? Y/N's cursed me with a ghost for life!"

Y/N blended to the crowd invisibly, grinning.

"I saw that!"

Y/N turned. Kou was beaming at her proudly from a table.

"What are you doing here, Y/N? Where's Hanako?"

"Busy." Y/N sat across Kou. "Where's Yashiro?"

"Senpai's off to buy us smoothies. And be quiet," Kou lowered his voice and nodded over his shoulder. "Teru's sitting behind us."

Y/N ducked her head. Kou's older brother, she knew, had a grudge against spirits.

"I've been meaning to ask, and no pressure, by the way," Kou added quickly. "Don't answer if it brings back bad memories. But... how is Mitsuba?"

Y/N gaped. The last time she saw Mitsuba, she had left him with the camera - she didn't remember then, but it was a dangerous memento that held her memories! - was Tsukasa after him?

Kou at once saw the paleness of her face. "Sorry! Sorry I-"

"No. It's alright." Y/N looked at him anxiously. "But to be honest... I-I don't know. The last time I saw him, he was fine. But things are dangerous in Sakura High."

Kou's eyes dimmed. But he shook his head. "I understand. I'll convince Teru somehow to check that place out. You... you're my best friend too, Y/N, and I don't wanna' drag you into this."

He looked at the bright afternoon sun, then at the half-translucent form of Y/N. His eyes widened.

"Y/N, why do you look so faded?"

"Obviously! I'm a ghost!" Y/N said with a pssht, then paused. "Wait... am I too-"

"Ah, nevermind! It's just my nerves getting the best of me, eh?" Kou cut in with a laugh. Y/N wanted to press him more-

"I knew you'd be here, Y/N!" Yashiro hopped in with three smoothies.

"Shh! Teru's behind us! So that's what you took so long!" Kou whisper-yelled. "You got an extra!"

"F/F (Favorite flavor.)" Y/N gasped.

"Yes, your favorite." Yashiro winked and pushed her the drink. She rose her strawberry-cheese blend. "A toast for Y/N's return?"

"Cheers!" They whisper-hoorayed.

Y/N couldn't wait to dine in to F/F! It had been so long since the last time she ate...

She sipped the straw. No flavor touched her tongue. No freezing goodness flowing through.

Instead, the smoothie ended in the floor as a sad puddle.

"Guys! I can't eat!" Y/N whisper-wept. Kou and Yashiro looked up, aghast.

The rest of school was spent comforting Y/N over her loss.

~

4:00 PM...

BBBBBBBRRRIIIIIIIIINGGGGG!

Y/N closed her eyes to the ringing of the bell. It wasn't the most soothing sound, but it brought back many memories. All around her, student flocked together after dismissal:

"Goodbye, Tazumo!"

"Buh-bye, Aborochi!"

"See you tomorrow!"

"I know it's a little tough not to join them," a voice sighed behind her. "But the other side's always waiting for you."

Y/N turned. Hanako stood in front of the school gates, smiling sadly.

Just seeing him brought her a great comfort. She walked over to him.

"Did you feel very left out, too?" She asked tentatively.

"For a while. Until..."

"Oh no. Don't tell me."

"Well, as predictable as it is-" he pulled her close "-you know it's true."

"Really?" Y/N drew his face near hers. "Is my company so special?"

Y/N enjoyed Hanako's startled blush. Clearly he wasn't used to being flirted back at.

"Oh! Well look who's returned." A new voice slithered in.

Y/N and Hanako turned in surprise. A coy little fox stood serenely on the ground.

"Yako! Why are you here?" Hanako adjusted his collar with a huff.

"Please excuse me, 7th Wonder." Yako rose her dainty chin. "But all of us aren't waiting in the Broadcasting Room for nothing." She looked the pair up and down in disdain.

"And I'm sure you two would be very late if I hadn't intervened..."

"Yako?!" Y/N bursted. This was the first time she had seen the Wonder in her fox form. "You can shapeshift? You're so cute!"

Y/N knelt on the ground to meet her eye to eye. Yako sniffed.

"Of course! I'm a kitsune and-" Yako stopped. Her usual vain demeanor melted to relief and wonder, but only for a second. She instantly reverted to haughtiness.

"Ah. I see you got your memory back. About time. You were causing us lots - and when I say lots, I mean LOTS. Of trouble."

Y/N dipped her head in silence. Hanako frowned, about to defend her, but Yako suddenly hissed-

"What are you doing? Do you also remember that if I get annoyed, I can summon very big scissors, yes?"

Y/N drew her hand back. She had wanted to pet Yako to comfort her. She cleared her throat.

"Of course, Yako. My only encounter with you involved said scissors. Those were.... good times."

"Hmph! Stand up! 7th Wonder, come along now." (Hanako grumbled and followed her, not wishing to argue.) "And do tell me, child. How is it like being a spirit?"

Y/N eagerly answered as they roamed the moonlit halls, floating through corridors and stairs until at last they reached the door of the Broadcasting Room.

By the end of Y/N's story, Yako was so amazed she had forgotten to be bitter.

"And you plucked the kakujoudai from your brain, child?"

"Not plucked! I stabbed it!"

Yako's ears drew back in shock.

"Ladies," Hanako announced. "We're here!"

Behind the door, many familiar voices rushed to Y/N's ears, both Wonder and human. She held her breath. Yako and Hanako hid their grins, before pushing open the door.

~

by @ms_kindaweeb_potterhead on instagram, thank you so much!!! ;UUU; Follow and like their awesome art!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.7K 47
(There is no romance in this story) It all comes down to the day, when heroes realize they can't win. Y/N is a 14 year old who will do anything to a...
35K 1K 12
Y/n a person with unknown past as he himself don't remember it although someone seem to know it But you past might not be the best and yet we still...
10K 223 18
Y/N discovers that she has no recollection of how she died due to a previous accident that has prevented her soul from moving on to the next life. On...
400K 12.3K 39
[DISCONTINUED] "ˢᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ˡᵉᶠᵗ ᵘⁿᵗᵒˡᵈ." → various tbhk x reader ← ┏━━━━°⌜⚝ ◊ ⚝⌟°━━━━┓ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᵗ ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉʰᵒʷ,ᵒⁿᵉ ┗━━━━°⌜ ⚝ ◊ ⚝⌟°━...