Bound

By WritingGals

Two very different people who shares one common thing: They're afraid of falling in love. Eleanor Edeson, a m... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

79.9K 2.1K 67
By WritingGals

Chapter Thirteen

Eleanor's POV

A gasp flew out of my mouth at hearing his final words. "Parker..."

"What? You're sorry? Don't pity me, ma cheríe," Parker whispered against the side of my head. "It was all in the past."

"What happened after that?"

"Well... my heart was filled with hatred for my dad. If it wasn't for him hitting my mother, or if he could have just forgiven her for whatever she was sorry about, then she wouldn't have died. We would still have been a family."

"You mean you never found out why they got the divorce?"

I felt Parker brush his head against mine as he shook his head. "I never did. All I know is that my father was the one who ruined my family," his voice intensified whilst talking about Thomas. His grip tightened around my waist; his anger getting the best of him. "The only right thing he did was to marry Agatha. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be on speaking terms with my father. Somehow, she brought our family together again. Ellie was herself again and so was my father." Thankfully, his grip loosened and sighed softly in the end.

"What about you?" I asked tracing circles on his chest. "Were you okay as well?"

After a short pause, Parker leaned down and kissed me briefly on the lips. "Now I am."

I took my head out of the comfort between his neck and chest. Smiling at him, I sat right in front him to see the emotions he has on his face. "I've noticed you keep on calling me ma cheríe... Was your mother French?"

Parker laughed and shook his head. "No. Agatha's roots are from France. She would take Ellie and I when we were little to where she grew up every time we get holidays from school. It's where I learned French fluently, also with the help of the French classes I had been taking during school."

"Thank you for telling me Parker," I told him genuinely looking at him right in the eyes. I grabbed both of his hands in mine and squeezed it. "I know it must be hard for you to include me in. I appreciate it."

"What about you?" He asked taking his hands from mine only to trail his fingers up and down my bare arm. 

Looking at him perplexedly, I stopped his fingers which were giving me the chills. "What do you mean?"

Parker looked at me with an amused expression on his face. "What's my wife's deepest, darkest secret?"

I choked on my spit, stupefied by his question. "I don't have any secrets. You know everything about me due to the files you had on me," I spat out bitterly in which Parker gave me a sly smile. "I met a guy in college that my parents disapproved of, got pregnant not only once but twice, and last but not least... That same guy leaving me to raise our two children alone."

"You've never talked about your family much," Parker stated. "Do you have any brothers or sisters? Pets? Imaginary friends?" He smirked at the last one.

"My mom was allergic to fur," I frowned remembering how I would always want a puppy but she wouldn't acquiesce. "Anyways, I guess it's only fair to tell you my side, huh?" He nodded, and I continued on.  "My parents are doctors. Surgeons to be exact. They're very well known in Norfolk, and because of that fact, there was a heavy pressure on me. My parents wanted me to be the perfect daughter. There was never any room for mistakes growing up.

"As a toddler, they already had tutors teaching me studies that a first grader should learn! I've been taught many languages, but as you can see, it never stuck." I sat in front of Parker reminiscing all those countless times I'd try to get away from the tutors making up excuses. "During my teenage years, well... I have done many debutante balls to count. My parents put this picture-perfect image of me, but it wasn't the true me. The one who loves to draw every chance they get.

"I never got to show my parents the real me. They don't know me at all," I ended it with moist eyes remembering my parents. 

"Don't you wish you could do something about it?" Parker asked taking my chin in his.

I nodded. "I wish that a lot of times, but wishing could do me no good. I guess I could have gone back to Norfolk and begged them to take me back, but it was too late. I already had Luke and Peyton, and money was short at the time."

"Do you want to visit them?" 

I nodded wistfully. "They're still my parents after all."

"Then let's go," Parker told me seriously. "I could get my private jet ready and we'll be off to Norfolk this afternoon."

I looked at him incredulous. "Parker you may have a lot of connections, but one thing you don't have are my parents' approval. If we fly over there announcing our marriage and me asking for their forgiveness, what makes you think they would ever forgive me? It's way too late to fix things now! They'll hate me more than ever!"

"If they were truly your parents," Parker started getting out of bed walking over to the closed balcony doors, "they'd forgive you wholeheartedly and take you back just as you are."

"But that's where you're wrong," I sighed sitting back against the headboard, bringing my knees to my chest. "They're not the stereotypical loving parents. It's like I have to please them just to gain their love."

"It doesn't hurt visiting them. After all, our marriage is all over the place. Your parents would most likely already know about us. The only thing missing is meeting their son-in-law personally."

I sighed heavily closing my eyes. "There would be none of that. Can we please just forget this conversation happened just for today? I've had too many to take in this morning."

"What conversation?" Parker turned back to me a grin slowly creeping its way onto his face. 

I smiled mischievously. "By the way, who was that girl you met at the bar last night? I heard you drunkenly talking about her and how close you two were dancing." 

"Momma look!" I looked up from the book I was reading just in time to see Luke bravely jumping from the diving board and into Parker's arms in the pool.

"That's amazing, angel!" I yelled out to him with a huge smile on my face. "Remember not to let go of Parker, okay?"

"Mum." I felt a tug at the hem of my shirt and looked to my left to see Peyton looking longingly at the water. "Swim!"

"You want to swim, sweetheart?" I asked bringing him onto my lap. "No one's going to be able to take care of you in the water right now."

Parker came up with the idea to spend the Sunday in our very own backyard. With its expansive courtyard and immense sized swimming pool, there were many things to be done. Luke wanted to follow Parker into the water, while my two year old happily played out on the grass with his little Tike bike.

"I want swim!" He fussed in my arms trying to let go of the hold I had on him. "With Parker!"

"He's too busy with your brother," I replied softly letting go of him. I watched as he ran over to the edge almost tripping on the way there. 

"Hey bud, you want to swim?" Parker asked him as he swam over with Luke on his shoulders. Peyton nodded furiously reaching for him. I leaned forward in the lounge seat getting ready to bolt out of the seat and catch Peyton in case he falls in. "It's all right, ma cheríe. I've got him." Parker winked at me from the pool.

With a nervous smile, I nodded slowly leaning back in the chair. Peyton reached for Parker and suddenly was in the pool with him and his brother. "Cold!" I heard him shriek and laugh at the same time. 

"Momma get in!" Luke yelled still clinging onto Parker's head tightly. 

"Oh no, angel. I'll pass!" 

"But Momma! More fun!"

Parker didn't hesitate in mimicking my son. "Yes Momma! More Fun!" 

I raised an eyebrow at him with a mock glare on my face. "Sorry boys, but I'll pass. I don't have the suitable clothes." I looked down at my jeans and white blouse in indication. 

"Excuse me Mrs. Elle," James, who has been the most amazing butler ever (well the only one I ever had), came and took my attention away from Parker who were playing with my sons. 

I gave him a warm smile. "Yes James?"

"Sir Caleb came unexpectedly. He is waiting inside the house."  

"Ah, thank you. I'll be there shortly," I nodded at him sending him away and back into the house. Turning towards the pool, I informed Parker on what James has told me.

"Well quite unexpected. I don't recall inviting him over."

I shrugged my shoulders as confused as him. "I'll go see what they need."

Brushing off any excess dirt on my pants, I made my way through the doors and into the ever-clean living room thanks to James. The couch was occupied with two people with their backs turned towards me. I recognized Caleb, of course, but James never mentioned a second guest coming over. 

"Caleb," I greeted him with a smile standing right next to the couch they were on. "I wasn't expecting your visit with..." I turned to the lady who was now standing also looking over the place with her wandering eyes. "Heidi. What a double surprise."

"Sorry it's last minute," Caleb muttered to my ear standing up. "I came to speak with Parker about some company issues, and Heidi wanted to tag along. I couldn't get rid of her."

I stifled in my laughter and nodded. "Hey Heidi."

Heidi finally brought her attention towards me with a forced smile upon her face. "Elena, right?"

"Eleanor or Elle," I corrected kindly eyeing her as she did the same to me. She was beautiful as always with her lovely shade of brown locks cascading down her back and shoulders. "What prompted the visit?"

"I'm here with Caleb to talk to Parker about some company things," Heidi replied. "Of course you wouldn't know what those things are seeing you're not part of the company."

"Actually it was only I who needed to-" Caleb denied from beside me. 

"I also thought this is the perfect opportunity to see where Parker now resides," the uppity woman in front of me interrupted. "A very different change from his bachelor pad. I'm sure there are many exciting places where you guys could do the deed." Heidi gave me a knowing look. "I'm sure you've enjoyed those as much as I-."

"Alright, Heidi," Caleb saved me from the humiliation that was about to come. "That's enough." 

Thankfully, the back doors opened and in came a damp Parker, Peyton, and Luke. My sons were both in his arms laughing uncontrollably to who knows what. 

"Caleb, Heidi," Parker greeted them with his dazzling smile while putting my sons down. "Go on and change in your room." I heard him whisper to them.

As they scurried off with shy looks at the guests, I playfully smacked their bums. "Wait for me before you hit the shower!"

"What are you guys doing here?" Parker asked pulling on the dry shirt James brought him. He walked over beside me snaking his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. I slid up closer enjoying the warmth he emanated even if he just came from the pool.

"I have to talk business with you Parker, as the new CEO," Caleb explained before sneaking a peek at Heidi, "and the little child just tagged along."

"Child," Heidi scoffed, "as if. I just wanted to see Parker's new place."

Caleb rolled his eyes and replied in a sarcastic tone, "Oh I'm sorry, not a child, but a stalker."

I tried to stifle in my laughter but failed and ended up receiving an icy glare from the stalker. "I'm part of the company. I think I have a right to know what business deals are going on."

"Your father is part of the business," Caleb sighed irritated, "not you yourself."

"Alright that's enough," Parker stopped the banter between the two. "Heidi, it's fine if you stay." I spotted Heidi's triumphant face directed at Caleb to which he shrugged off. "What are the matters needing to be discussed?"

"We might as well have a sit in your office," Parker's friend said. "It's quite a long conversation."

"Alright, I'll just change out of these shorts and meet you there." I stayed behind hoping to start a conversation with the friend I made in Caleb and also to get to know Heidi more. Maybe my impression of her could change with a proper conversation. "Come with me." Parker's hand tugged mine and pulled me right behind him and into our bedroom.

"Don't tell me you need any help changing," I teased him after I closed the bedroom door behind us. "My boys could change by themselves." With a thought I added, "They don't put them on exactly right, but they know how."

Parker turned around taking the used-to-be dry shirt, which was now damp just from wearing it for a few minutes, off his body. "What is Heidi doing here?" I did my best at keeping myself from ogling his body. After several nights of sleeping with him shirtless, I should be used to it by now. Although I wasn't.

I gave him a bewildered look. "Like I would know?" Walking past him and into the bathroom, I took off the towel hanging from the hook. "She was your ex girlfriend, you have more connection to her. In many ways." I added as the last thought popped into my head which I shouldn't have. 

"She was never my girlfriend," Parker replied frustratedly while catching the towel I threw at him. "I told you that at the party."

Shrugging, I walked out of the bathroom with him hot on my heels. "Oh I'm sorry. Your sex buddy." I turned around to see the unreadable expression on his face. I flashed him a smile before continuing. "No worries. It was the past right?" I made it seem like I could care less about his past relationships, but I knew I couldn't fool myself and especially him. 

Parker grabbed me by my hips, pulling me right onto his freshly dried chest. "Good, because there is nothing to worry about her or my past." He growled before crashing his smooth lips onto mine. 

I responded right away by wounding my arms around his neck and pulling him closer this time. It felt so right kissing him; it came naturally to me. Our lips molded against each other perfectly like they were made for each other. I opened my mouth finally giving him the access he wanted. Parker's hands tightened around my waist hitching me up into his arms. Instinctively, I wrapped my legs just above his hip bones, so I wouldn't fall. Not that I needed to since he had his arms tightly around me.

I felt him walk until he stopped at the edge of the bed. I pulled my lips away from him momentarily to catch my breath. His lips, however, didn't leave my skin. He kissed around my jaw until finding the spot where my shoulder and neck met. 

"Parker..." I breathed out. "Maybe we should stop."

"Stop?" He murmured against my skin, slowly grazing his lips back up to the corner of my lips. "My mind's not registering that word."

"Parker." I pulled his head away from mine even though it was very difficult not to. "Caleb and Heidi are waiting for you."

With a sigh, Parker gently threw me on the bed with a glinting smile on his face. I laughed propping myself on my two elbows. "It's a good thing they're here or else I wouldn't have a reason to stop." He turned his back and headed into the bathroom.

My smile faltered as he left. I knew Parker wasn't the type of man who forces himself onto women. I didn't know that for sure, but I trusted him. Maybe that was my problem. I trust people too easily. I thought as I heard the faint humming of the shower starting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 23 31
Sloane has been in the State once before and it wasn't the best girls trip of her life. Years later, she's forced back to The Big Apple to manage her...
89.1K 4.3K 31
Andrew and Bella's daughter Andrea, seems to have no luck when it comes to finding someone. Every guy she likes, likes someone else. Every time she...
2.3M 69.2K 36
Amara Park : Independent small bakery owner. She is obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. She can't go a day without some chicken nuggets. She'...
2.7M 69.2K 58
Alissa Lawrence has no idea, that her life is going to change, after that night, the most scaring night of her life. As she is thinking that her life...