Etched.

By Bamboo_shoot

IT'S TAGGED MATURE... WHICH SUMS UP EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO THE TAG... BUT... This will be a serial killer AU... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 12
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 2

1.1K 87 66
By Bamboo_shoot

He was a quick learner...

What killed Kongpob the most was Arthit's unpredictability. He couldn't guess what that man would do, ever.

Some days he would pop into the library and talk with Marie for hours. And then he'd disappear again for ages. Or what felt like ages for Kongpob. He was just scared...

And just like that, another surprise hit him. As he was walking from class he could see Arthit standing there, leaning against his car...  A black SUV. Shiny and posh.

In his black jeans, with a black shirt with three buttons popped open. Revealing a well-sculpted, pale muscular chest. And Kongpob thought he looked good. Just a little.

And Kongpob finally knew why people said to be aware of the charmers. Because once you're caught in their web, there's no escape. None.

"Who's that?" he heard a whisper next to him. "He is hot... Who is he waiting for?"

"How would I know," Kongpob replied to his friend, walking faster in the other direction.

He ran home, the visuals replaying in his head. And he blamed his hormones for thinking about how hot Arthit looked. It wasn't Kongpob in his sane mind.

He buried his head in the pillows. Of course after checking the doors, windows, closets, and such at least three times.

He opened his eyes wide, jolting out of bed. Forgetting to do one thing. One very important thing.

He got up, running to the kitchen, and opening drawers to count the knives. He let out a sigh of relief seeing everything untouched.

Maybe he should watch fewer crime documentaries. He sat down eating alone, like always.

He was always alone, being the orphan he was. And he never really minded because he liked the feeling of independence. But now, maybe it was getting to him.

It could be because he sees all his friends in happy relationships. Or the more romcoms he's been watching. Or maybe because someone who shouldn't have, may have weaseled their way inside.

He sighed, slurping his noodles. Until his eyes fell upon a piece of paper on the countertop. And a neat freak like him would remember if he put a paper there. And he didn't.

He stiffened, feeling the bile rising. He stood up with his shaky legs and walked over, taking the small piece of paper in his hands.

"You have great taste in furniture. You should restock on some vegetables by the way."

Kongpob reread the note countless times. His breathing slowly increasing. He looked around, running to the bigger windows. He made sure they were locked, before slumping down. Trembling, letting the tears fall.

Why was this man doing this? Killing him would have been easier. Kongpob gripped his hair, screaming into his arms, curling up in the corner. Waiting for the sun to reappear.

And Kongpob didn't leave the house. He checked the doors and windows constantly, keeping a knife with him for self-defense. Knowing damn well, he wouldn't use it. He couldn't.

Marie had called him to check up. Kongpob had never missed more than a day of work at once. He wasn't that type of person. But he refused to let anyone come over and he refused to leave his sanctuary. Even though the house barely felt safe, he couldn't face the world.

After a week of skipping his duties, he stepped out. His face resembling the nightmare he lived. But he was thankful that no one pointed it out.

And it was like deja vu. How silent and still everything was. Letting Kongpob think everything was okay.

But Kongpob didn't fall for it again, like last time. He was still very much on guard and alarmed with the slightest of changes anywhere.

And he thought he prepared himself for anything until he turned on the news. And saw the endless reports about bodies being found.

A woman shot in the head, with carvings.

Kongpob stumbled back. Breaking in a cold sweat. This wasn't possible. Kongpob had a small inkling about who Arthit was. But he never wanted to admit, nor did he fully believe that he was the one haunting their once-peaceful town.

And that was just one case. There were bodies from weeks. But more that were recent. As recent as last night.

Kongpob found himself hoping Arthit wouldn't get caught. He was being messy. But Kongpob was too tired to reprimand himself for those thoughts.

He knew he was in the wrong for wanting a serial killer to escape, but his stupid heart. He wouldn't help Arthit nor would he harm. He'd just sit back.

Kongpob sat down on the couch, staring at the news. The headlines becoming more and more alarming as the days went by.

He wanted to shut it off but how could he? Knowing that he was involved. That he had seen. He was repulsed by himself for subconsciously rooting for Arthit. Disgusted with himself for abandoning his morals.

But as the cases revealed more information, they found out. All of the victims were rich fools that the police and government protected.

And Kongpob's heart felt warmer again. Maybe even proud, to think that someone was bringing about justice.

Yes. He is a fool. But he promised he would keep his mouth shut.

And he kept his mouth shut when he heard all the talk about the portrait killer and how brutal he was. How only a psychopath could do the things he did to his victims.

Kongpob wanted to say they were bad people who had it coming. Kongpob wanted to say there may be more to the story than they all know. But he couldn't. He wasn't even sure if Arthit was the portrait killer.

Maybe he wasn't. Maybe the murder was just self-defense...

Kongpob sighed, shaking his head to his friends who asked what was wrong. He was more or less open with his friends but he couldn't possibly talk to them about his inner battle of whether the murderer who kissed him is the serial killer or not.

More days went by with complete silence. No murders and no new cases. Although the media was having a field day with the previously unsolved cases. And the town was getting restless, not knowing who could be next.

And Kongpob was feeling a little more anxious each day. No more notes, stalking, or library visits. Which was alarming. Each time Arthit went radio silent, the town would go into an uproar, finding bodies left and right.

Or maybe they just haven't found any yet.

Kongpob's life went on to be normal. But the sun was dimmer, the days colder, the house darker, the food blander, the library quieter, and an overall gloominess surrounded him. And he couldn't put his finger on what caused it.

And even though Kongpob promised himself to not let down his guard, he was getting busy with his life. His job, his classes, hanging out with friends, and their annual festival were coming up. And Kongpob was very busy to even think about Arthit.

He never forgot, who could? But he unconsciously stopped checking the windows and doors. He was just too tired.

"Did you get the treats and toys?" Another slightly taller boy approached Kongpob.

Kongpob looked back and smiled widely. "Hello, P'Adam. Yes. I'm packing them right now."

Adam ruffled his hair, looking into the box Kongpob was organizing. "You do know you don't need to color-code them right?" Adam chuckled while Kongpob glared at him, pushing him to the side.

"I want to," Kongpob pouted.

"Don't pout, baby. Don't make me fall harder."

Kongpob looked past Adam's shoulder and saw a way taller man. With raven hair combed to the side and styled perfectly. Not a single hair out of place. Wearing their arts emerald hazer shirt.

Kongpob blushed, looking down and shuffling his feet. And he heard them all coo. He groaned softly and turned away, concentrating on the boxes instead of the gazes boring into him.

Kongpob picked up the three boxes but he was shorter and couldn't see past the second box. He huffed, puffing his cheeks.

"Here, let me help," Nathan went ahead, putting his keys in the pocket of his hazer shirt.

He took the boxes from Kongpob, throwing a wink. Kongpob's red face got redder and he smiled back politely.

"Of course Kongpob's getting all the boys," Annie grumbled, elbowing Kongpob.

Kongpob shrugged, stifling his laughter.

"No fair," Annie glared at Kongpob before falling into fits of laughter with Kongpob and the rest of their friend group.

"Stop laughing and help your seniors," Adam yelled at the group who instantly shut up and followed inside the cafe.

"Wow, this place looks so nice."

"Of course. Your seniors are amazing," Nathan smirked at Kongpob who was looking around fascinated.

They all put their aprons on, ready to paint the walls and decorate any plain area insight.

"Guys. Let's not make it seem like a rainbow threw up," Adam remarked at the tree they were painting at the corner of the classroom. Which was now being transformed into a cat cafe.

Kongpob looked at the tree, tilting his head. It was colorful...

The tree had all sorts of flowers on them. Even roses?

"Who the hell painted roses on a fucking tree?" Adam hissed at the small group of painters sitting around like children. And they ALL looked guilty.

Nathan came around and laughed, seeing the juniors covered in paint. And the tree... looked. Nathan sighed, patting Adam's back.

"They're cats. They don't care," Annie mumbled.

"I'm not talking about the cats caring, Annie. There will be people coming. This is a fundraiser. We can't blind them with these atrocious colors," Adam stared at her blankly. She looked away and put her paintbrush down.

"I am sorry," Annie apologized, not looking up. Feeling embarrassed.

"I approved of it too. It wasn't all her," Kongpob spoke up, rubbing Annie's back.

"It's alright. I was just saying," Adam scratched his head, feeling a little guilty. "Let me make it up to you?"

Annie looked up, seeing the approaching hand. Adam smiled at her, "my treat."

Annie took his head, flashing a bright smile at Adam and Kongpob. "I'll be back."

Adam sighed, shaking his head. "Coffee?"

Annie nodded her head, very excited. Adam chuckled, seeing her little antics, the rosy hue creeping up on her pale cheeks, making her look stunning.

"Will you give me another opportunity to get you some coffee? Maybe some dinner?" Adam hesitantly asked, while sipping his ice coffee.

Annie looked up, her cheeks puffed from the warm pretzel in her mouth. She chewed slowly, staring at Adam who was turning a little red.

Annie gave a small nod with a shy smile, looking away. And Adam let out the biggest sigh of relief.

"Okay then," Adam continued drinking his ice coffee while Annie looked away while eating. Hiding the deep blush forming.

Kongpob was still painting. He finished the tree with the help of his friends and now was by himself, painting some butterflies all over the cafe. Some small and some big.

"Wish I could help you. But I can't draw such pretty butterflies like you," Nathan came around, pouring more paint into the palette.

"It's okay. I got it," Kongpob replied, his tongue sticking out as he concentrated on drawing the perfect blue wings.

"Here," Nathan gave Kongpob some cold water.

"Thank you P'," Kongpob smiled and accepted the water, drinking some.

"Rest a little. You're the only one who's working nonstop."

"Our fundraiser begins in a week. We have so much to do," Kongpob bit his lips, looking around. The classroom did look like a cafe. It was warm and cozy. But now they need baristas and all the materials a real cafe would have.

And then they need to go get the cats.

"Don't stress. It will all go according to our plans," Nathan pat his shoulder, almost testing the waters. And he was pleased with the results.

Kongpob took off his apron and it was already late and dark inside. And he hated the darkness more now. He loathed not being home with locked doors before sunset. But he had so much work.

He rushed down to his locker, searching for the key in his bag, slung around his shoulder. He opened his locker and put his apron and painting materials inside while grabbing the bigger work bag.

He heard something fall and looked down. He put the bag around his shoulder and bent down, picking the piece of paper up.

You didn't forget me, right?

Me either.

Meet me in the classroom upstairs to the cafe you are working so hard on building. It looks great. But I have a better way to attract more people. Come and I'll show you.

This isn't a request.

Kongpob reread the note, feeling his blood run cold. He shivered, feeling himself tremble. He looked around the dark hallway. Not a single soul in sight.

He glanced back at the paper, his eyes sweeping through the note. "This isn't a request," Kongpob murmured under his breath.

He shoved the note in his pocket, slamming the locker door shut. He ran outside, frantically looking all ways. But it was so quiet. A little too peaceful.

He ran to his bicycle and checked the tires and brakes. It was all good. He forgot how relaxed he was the past couple of days, taking it all for granted. And now it was slipping away from his hands.

Back to square one. Why was this man tormenting him like this? Kongpob didn't even mind being killed anymore. It was better than living...like this.

He reached home with nothing happening out of the ordinary. And he was back to checking the doors and windows. He checked for additional notes.

He bent over, looking under the couch, chairs, hidden corners of the whole house. Under the bed, and by the windows. And he found nothing.

He dragged himself to the shower, needing to peel away all the dry paint all over him. Of course, his friends have to act like toddlers and spill paint all over him. He sighed, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom.

He took the chair that he crammed into the bathroom weeks ago in fear. That he hadn't been using recently. But he will again. Just in case.

He took the chair and put it against the doorknob. He tried opening the door but it was so crammed in the bathroom that even Kongpob was having trouble moving around.

He turned the shower on letting the bathroom be fogged up in the hot shower. He wiped the mirror, cleaning up the fog.

He threw his head back, sighing. He had evidence now. Multiple notes. But it may not last but what if it does...

Kongpob shook his head, undressing and climbing into the tub. Letting the hot water soothe his nerves. His lips quivered, finally breaking. Letting the water wash away his tears.

And he doesn't know how long he stayed in the tub. But he was trembling from the chilling water spraying on him constantly. From the shower overhead.

He turned it off and got out. Dressing and doing his nightly routine quickly. Thankful that the crew bought everyone dinner. Because his fridge was empty.

Kongpob found himself in the same classroom, still painting butterflies. He was bent over, concentrating on trying to paint the smallest of nooks and crannies in the classroom.

He straightened up, stretching. This wasn't good for his back or knees. He yawned, rubbing his eyes to get the sleepiness away. He barely slept last night, the words on the note haunting his dreams.

"You need rest, Kongpob. Look at you," Annie came up behind him, grabbing the paintbrush from his hands.

"Annie I am fine," Kongpob smiled, blinking his eyes to stop himself from falling asleep.

"Yeah yeah. I know Mr. I'm always fine even though I'm not. Go rest. I'll finish it up here," Annie shooed him away. Forcefully giving him a cup of coffee and demanding he rests.

Kongpob did reluctantly, knowing you can't win against Annie.

It was an exhausting past week. But they did it. Kongpob looked around the classroom. No. The cafe. Everything was set. The baristas were making excellent coffee with muffins and all sorts of cake. And the cats seemed happy.

Well most of them; some of the cats were just sleeping. All day and Kongpob was jealous. He wanted to sleep all day too.

He unconsciously pouted but soon broke out into a smile, seeing a small orange kitten coming to him. It was so small.

Kongpob took the kitten into his arms, rocking them both softly. He looked at the collar and it showed "Twinkle."

"Hi, Twinkle. You're so cute," Kongpob giggled when Twinkle climbed up his shirt and sniffed his neck. "It tickles," he laughed, pushing the kitten away slowly.

He sighed, sitting down in the far corner, watching Nathan and Adam giving their final touches. This was it. Their months-long hard work paid off. It was a beautiful place.

He looked down at his lap, looking at another four cats coming to him. Settling themselves in between his thighs, arms, and any place they fit.

Kongpob giggled, scratching behind their ears. Smiling wide when they purred. And Nathan was watching the whole ordeal with a soft smile. The scene was to die for.

And more and more people were watching Kongpob play with the cats. Some looked at him with envy because none of the cats stayed with them. And some were envious because they wanted to be the cats. To be in Kongpob's arms.

And before they knew, the day of their fundraiser came. Kongpob and another fifteen juniors were there to run the cafe along with a couple of seniors.

Kongpob organized some of the chairs and paintings hung on the wall. And stood back admiring all of their hard work. He took Twinkle who was climbing up his white jeans into his arms. He let Twinkle hide her face in his furry pink sweater while scratching her head.

"Kongpob, get the cats comfortable," Adam asked, running to the back to bring out the box full of muffins and bread.

Kongpob nodded and put down Twinkle after a lot of pampering and convincing. And brought out the crates with some of the cats that refused to stay in the comfortable beds Kongpob made himself.

He was so busy this past week that he didn't even get time to sleep. Had to stay at the cafe most of the night too. Along with a few other people.

He was so busy that he hadn't given that note another thought after the second day. He just didn't have the time. And he was so busy entertaining the people and cats, that he didn't feel the presence of the man in the classroom upstairs. Waiting for him.

He was clad in his white dress shirt along with black dress pants. Looking elegant and wealthy. Not the killer with a glint in his eyes in the alleys.

But Arthit was comfortable, having the best view of all that was taking place just below. He was mad. Furious actually.

But he can show Kongpob his mistakes later, for now, he was just going to enjoy. He sat back, getting comfortable in those awfully hard chairs.

He rolled his eyes but laid back. He put his arm around his chair, leaning back a little. Widening his legs to get comfortable. Sipping on some of the coffee. It was very good.

He watched through the glass at how well Kongpob was with people, children, and animals. And a little too well with the other men.

Arthit stared ahead blankly, sipping his coffee. Slowly gritting his teeth.

Not only did Kongpob forget about him. But he was letting people touch all over him. He was a whore after all.

Arthit thought Kongpob was adorable, the soft smile while playing with the cats. Explaining to the girls the cats' likes and dislikes so fondly. Even having a few of the stray cats adopted, all to Kongpob's charm.

And Arthit watched fondly with a small smile, not realizing the time passing. Until Kongpob let another man grab his waist. And whisper something in his ear and blush.

Arthit watched Kongpob nod softly and walk away with a small kitten in his arms while the other just smiled. Laughing with the rest of his friends.

Arthit fisted his hands, throwing the cup into the trashcan next to him.

"You're pouting again baby," Arthit heard a voice. A voice that was so sickenly sweet, he wanted to gag.

Arthit peeked through to find Kongpob blushing and looking away from the same man that was holding him before.

Arthit gazed down blankly at Kongpob, rubbing his fingertips together. "You're fucking mine," he hissed.

He turned around, bringing his fist up and punching the glass window. Once, twice, thrice. Until there were droplets of blood. He wiped the blood away, cursing under his breath.

He looked at the cracked window and smirked.

"I'm gonna have so much fun with you, baby boy.." Arthit whispered, looking down at Kongpob who was calming the people and cats down from the ruckus upstairs. Arthit left through the backdoor, looking behind. Hiding his bloody knuckles.

"Sir, did you see anyone running away?" Adam and Nathan ran upstairs next to the restrooms while Arthit came out of the bathroom.

"The ruckus? Yeah, I heard. I'm sorry, I didn't see," Arthit apologized politely.

"No, no. It's alright sir. As long as you're fine," Nathan said, bowing his head.

Arthit nodded, humming softly. Hiding his hand inside his pants pocket. The two ran to the classroom to investigate while the juniors tried their absolute best to keep the cafe going.

And of course, their hard work paid off again. Arthit watched Kongpob calm down the cats, kissing their heads, and petting their belly. And apologizing for the interruption.

Arthit walked out, after glancing at Kongpob once more. Promising himself the longer the wait, the better.

Kongpob slumped onto his couch after a dreadful day. Things got so messy after the aggressive noises coming from upstairs. And he didn't get a second to rest afterward.

He grabbed some soda from the fridge and sat back down, turning the TV on.

"Police have found a suspect for the murders recently taking place."

Kongpob coughed, holding his stomach as he watched the news. He put the soda can down and watched intently.

He gasped seeing the picture of the suspect on the news. He looked at his phone and he could see the group chats going crazy.

Kongpob let out a sigh, unsure of what he even wanted. He was terrified...

Kongpob froze, staring off into space. The room. He forgot. He had forgotten to go to the room today. He felt himself tremble; he shot up off the couch, running to look for any notes or damage done.

He finally took a deep breath when he found everything just as he had left it. Nothing was damaged or out of place.

He scrunched up his eyebrows, looking down and scratching the back of his neck. His eyes widened in realization... Could it be? Was that the noise that happened today?

Kongpob paced back and forth in his living room, biting his lips bloody. It was impossible. He was an engineer and he had work to do. It couldn't be him.

Kongpob sat on the floor, his legs outstretched with his arms laying on the floor by his sides. He can't anymore. This was too much. Every time he started living normally. And this time he was scared. What if he made Arthit mad.

Mad enough to kill him or someone else close to him. And the police caught another man and they would lock an innocent man for crimes he didn't commit.

"Beg," Arthit pouted, squatting down to brush the man's hair to the side.

The man looked at Arthit who was wearing a black hoodie with black sweatpants, his head in a cap, and hands covered in gloves.

Very prepared for the night's duty.

"Please. Please don't kill me. Please. I'll do anything. How much money? Fame? Protection? Women? What do you want? I can give it all..." the man pleaded on the ground.

"Hmm. You have so much to offer," Arthit smiled, popping his dimples. "Yet. At the same time nothing." He smiled blankly.

"W-what do you mean? Say the word, you'll get it," the man held onto Arthit's arm which was around his neck.

Arthit leaned down next to the man's ear, "I want..."

"Yes, what do you want? I'll give anything," the man begged, tears streaming down his sweaty face.

"Really?" Arthit whispered, releasing his hold on the man and straightening.

"Yes, yes of course. Anything," the man held around his own neck, rubbing it soothingly. Coughing a little.

Arthit took out his gun and played with the trigger. Enjoying the man's breath hitch with every passing second.

"I want you," Arthit says with a playful smile.

The man looks at him, tilting his head. Arthit rolls his eyes, looking away. "I want your life, to be more specific," he mocked, trailing the pistol against his temple.

The man looked at him wide-eyed, "why? Why? I can give you anything else..."

"I'm bored. You're not the only one on my list for tonight," Arthit said as he glanced down at his watch. He pointed to the watch with his gun, tilting his head. He bit his lip and looked up in deep thought.

The man took that as a chance to get up and take a chance running.

"I love your stamina...and hope. Very intriguing," Arthit smirked before cocking his gun and shooting the man's leg.

He saw the man fall to the ground, screaming. "Shhh...no one will hear or come."

Arthit leaned back on a tree, "you see that hole?"

The man looked up, sweat dripping from his forehead. "Fuck you, you bastard," he seethed.

"Aww that's not nice," Arthit pouted, putting his hand over his heart. "Anyway, that's your grave."

"What?" The man looked around, squinting his eyes.

Arthit rolled his eyes, walking over to the man. "You're too stupid to be in power anyways."

Arthit grabbed him by the collar and dragged him to the huge hole. "I should carve...should I?" Arthit looked at the man, gritting his teeth, murmuring unintelligent words.

"You are mean, cursing at me and calling me a bastard..." Arthit wiped his nonexistent tears and smiled. "So I'll make sure it's painful for you," Arthit said, crouching down, smiling sweetly.

And the man was soon screaming in agony, getting the marks of the portrait killer on himself. While Arthit had a charming smile on his face. Along with sprays of blood.

"Your screams are ugly," Arthit sighed, twisting the man's leg to the side, breaking it.

"Please..." the man begged once more. Knowing it was useless.

The portrait killer was brutal and showed no mercy. So he accepted it, drawing in shallow breaths. Thinking of all the crimes he committed. Thinking of all the families he ripped apart. Think of all the tears children had cried because of him.

And he closed his eyes, dying one of the most painful deaths ever. Getting the blade dug deeper with every small breath.

"Shhh...it'll be over soon. Or not," Arthit giggled, slashing the man's cheek, closing his eyes, and feeling the drops of blood hit his eyelid.

Arthit wiped his forehead with the back of his gloved hand, leaning on the shovel. He looked down blankly at the grave, feeling his blood boil once more.

It was like no amount of bodies. No amount of screaming or begging or tears was able to soothe his nerves. He wanted HIM to cry with tears and beg, being helpless before him.

He took the shovel with him, scraping it along the trees he passed. He took out his phone, looking at the next name on his list. He walked forward, whistling and putting the black skull-decorated mask back on his face. Smirking underneath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 19.3K 51
Kidnap, torture, kill, repeat. That's how this serial killer rolls. So, what does it take for one boy to escape his horrifying captivity? It takes gu...
75.1K 4.3K 54
LOVE CAN BE A DEADLY WEAPON. Kongpob Marvel is fire demon slayer and son of the wealthiest wizard family. He and his best friend, M Krato enters th...
15.2K 1.1K 6
Arthit is accused of being a murder and Kongpob is trying to save him. Will he be successful? What if in the process he found some secrets. What he...
6.2K 232 8
Pete ! Vegas cried holding the lifeless body of Pete....tears roll down his eyes Pete ! Vegas called again ... But there was no response... Vegas ruf...