UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... More

[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 01 ]

84 2 0
By ixfixite_

In the last full month of summer, the heat was drawing to a close. Azure blue skies began clouding up into a thick grey blanket, leaving pockets of the sun rays raining down onto the humble home by the hills of Ottery St Catchpole. The houses around the village were all different and unique in their ways— a crooked house with five chimleys perched on top of the vibrant red roof which had belonged to the Weasley Family, a castle-like house that resembles a rook in a chess game that was surrounded by strange floating plants where the Lovegood family lived, a Tudor-styled house with massive ivy walls climbing to its roof that belonged to the Fawcett family along with an Edwardian house that is always beaming with its brightness and friendliness nearby, belonging to the Diggory family. Lastly, it was also the village where the Estoileon family's home resides; with neat rows of various plants and herbs planted across the garden and trees that seemed to flourish magically well despite the different seasons, along with beautiful blue roses blooming around the petite cottage home.

There laid a girl by the wooden swing with roses intertwining the frame, her raven black hair swishing with the wind as it graces her with a gentle nudge, quietly rocking the swing back and forth as she fell into a small nap on it. Though just for a single while, she could take her mind off from overthinking or so she thought. It was strange to find even no relief when sleeping since that's what she thought she could have. Yet, most of the time she would wake to find herself even more tired, and more disturbed by what she had dreamt.

Faintly, she could hear her name, muffled out by the person who was calling her in her dream. Two voices simultaneously mixed that didn't belong together, just like water and oil. One was soft and mellow, gentle even, almost as if it was embracing her and the other, cold, low and sinister almost as if it was singing a lullaby that lures you in and hypnotizes you. Even in her dream, she could differentiate the two voices very distinctly. 

When she heard the gentle voice slowly getting louder and closer, the other voice was slowly fading away as she flutters her eyes open, revealing bright golden pupils staring at green ones. She winces as the sunlight slaps down onto her face and she rubs her eyes, still groggy when she was finally awake, the person frowns down upon her, hands on his hips as he glares at her. 

"Oh. Good morning, Aion," she greeted sheepishly as the young lad sighs through his nose before pulling her off the swing. 

"Don't you 'Good morning, Aion' me! I've been looking all over for you!" he scolded.

"Well, our house isn't really that big for you to spot me," the girl replies before earning a flick on the forehead, "Hey!" she exclaimed, protecting her head as she pouted at him.

"Mind you I just started living here," Aion answered back, nudging her along the path ahead that leads to their home.

Aion was finally back to where he had belonged. The home that he had left years ago with his mother, leaving behind his father and precious little sister. It had been a rough couple of weeks, trying to adjust to his life here, but it was something he had missed. The familiarity of this place, the lingering memories that were beginning to resurface. 

He was truly home.

"Must have been tough to get used around here," she commented and Aion gave her the side-eye before shouting to the figure in the distance. 

"Father! Aine's not getting any work done!" 

Aine's eyes widened and she watches as the young man hurriedly dashed on ahead, escaping before she could argue with him. He turned and gave her a mischievous smirk. 

"Jeez, brother! You—!" she huffs, running after him before stopping by her basket of freshly cut roses and picking it up.

When the duo made it back home, a man emerged from the kitchen and pinches the bridge of his nose, "What is it, again?" he asked, watching his two children bicker about for the hundredth time this week. How quick the night changed and they were getting along well, too well until they could quarrel with each other. They were no doubt siblings, indeed.

"She was laying freely in the garden again," Aion tattled, grinning at his sister who scoffs at his claims.

"That's because I was done picking the flowers!" she proclaimed, gently shoving his side as she moves to the cabinet to grab a vase before arranging the blue roses in it.

"He kept teasing me, Dad! Tell him off for me!" Aine remarked, glaring at her brother who shrugged, approaching her and ruffling her hair. 

"That's because it's adorable to see your face whenever you're angry."

There was another gasp and Aine couldn't believe her ears, he was completely different from who he was the first time she had met him at Hogwarts during the Triwizard Tournament. The image of his kind, the gentleman-like presence that made many girls swoon over him. The delicate tone in his voice exudes nothing but benevolence. That must have all been in her mind, there's no way they were the same person. I was fooled... she said in her thoughts. 

"You're a total meanie ever since Dad allowed you to do whatever you want."

"Well, I am older than you and I've graduated! So, I am free to do whatever I want," he added with a teasing tone, gaining an eye-roll from his little sister.

"Aion," their father, Elliot warns. 

"Yeah. Aion," Aine imitated her father and her brother burst out laughing.

"What is it, my sweet Ma Cherie?" he questions, using the nickname that his sister had gotten from his best friend, Fleur Delacour.  

Aine narrowed her eyes, plastering on an identical grin, "Go get some work done, frère."

"Oh, wow! You're learning French now?" 

"Dégage," the girl shot back boldly.

"Aine!" Elliot gasps at his daughter's word, and he seethes, wondering who had taught her the use of such a vulgar word. 

Aion cackles and clapped. He cooed as he nodded at her, surprised that she had a side like this. "I'm impressed! You're amazing, Lianna!"

Aine winks at her father before placing the vase of roses by the table, "I know~" she casually replies with a smile.

"So, Aion. When is your next gig?" Elliot asks, stirring the cauldron as his son leans by the counter, picking up a vial of potion and swirling it. 

"Not so soon, I guess. Now that the Dark Lord has returned, rumours have been spreading around and people are in a frenzy," he replies, sighing.

"I'm sure you'll find one soon, my son," Elliot cheers and Aion smiles in response, eyes adverting to Aine who spaces out again. His forest-like eyes immediately soften before meeting his father's who purses his lips, shaking his head. It was occurring much more frequently than before, Aine would be doing her duties and then she'll get stuck in a daze all of the sudden, almost as if she was seeing something else in a distance.

Aine blinks, snapping back to reality, just a second ago she felt like she was seeing through the eyes of someone else. The same shadowed figure looking outside of a manor's window and the faint hissing sound of a snake that slithered by. She didn't need to think before knowing who it was but it was hard to comprehend why she was seeing it or whether it was real or not. Aine quickly put on a smile so as to not worry her family and met her father's eyes who raised wide, indirectly asking her if there was anything wrong. She shook her head and walked to the window, staring ahead at all their blooming herbs and plants. 

"The flowers are growing well," she commented out of the blue and Aion hums along, standing by her side and watching outside. Feigning ignorance just like she had wished for them to be. Given time, she will be ready to tell them. In time, the truth will prevail. 

The blue roses that her brother had given her had blossomed well in their new homes, she didn't think it'll be possible to regrow the roses since it wasn't just any kind of normal rose. It was a magical rose that is said to bloom only when the moon turns full or at its nearing date. Nevertheless, she was grateful that they were growing fairly speedy, it had become a favourite flower amongst them even her father. Though his facial expression seemed bitter, he would stay up till midnight admiring the roses in full bloom almost every time and Aine would always wonder what thoughts were running in his mind.

It was moments like these when she would think of her mother, she wondered if she was doing alright and wondered if she was safe. Despite Aion and her father still searching around for her, she was still nowhere to be seen. It was as if she had faded away, leaving a spirit loitering around and leaving scattered crumbs of herself on this earth. However, it didn't ease Aine's growing fury and hatred one bit, she felt like she was left in the dark and part of her almost felt like her mother had abandoned her (there's that too). No matter how much she thought it through, she couldn't understand why she had to leave, what was so important that she even left her son she had brought along when she was stranded away from this house.

"You alright there?" she heard Aion's voice ringing in her right ear, she turns to him and nodded.

"Mmhm, just thinking."

Her brother patted her head before pulling her close to a friendly hug, offering some comfort in his arms even just for a little while, something Aine has grown to appreciate and like. She always felt safer and reassured whenever she was in his arms, or her father's along with some of her friends.

Speaking of Aine's friends, she had been receiving loads of letters from them lately. Ginny would often write her a stack of letters informing her about her family, her older brothers' little joke shop plans, her boyfriend Michael Corner along with a couple of rants since Ron would often ask her to write in his stead as well as questions about Aine's life during the holidays. 

Hermione was equally just as prompt in writing to her, she would tell Aine all about the Muggle world and even recommended and gave her some Muggle books that have lots of fascinating plants and herbs Aine didn't think would exist. She was definitely thankful to her brunette friend and had written back to her a couple of reviews she has after reading the books. 

Harry had also written to her, though it wasn't as much as her other friends, Aine was grateful and understanding that he wrote to her. She knew that his relatives weren't exactly fond of his friends from the Magical world and were rather unpleasant to know that they were partially connected to this realm.

Even Luna, her Ravenclaw friend whom she rarely sees in school had come over to deliver her letter in person a couple of weeks ago. The dreamy girl would often surprise her with stories of magical creatures that she has encountered along with bringing over some hand-crafted accessories to give to Aine. They were, of course, unique pieces that had very good craftsmanship too and were something Aine had adored and treasured well.

Among her bundle of letters Aine had received from her friends, she was delighted to have one from the person she did not expect. His letters were often either short and simple or lengthy with hidden messages in them, and he would always tell her about his astronomy findings and include a small picture of a certain constellation. It would always make Aine smile whenever she read Draco Malfoy's letters since she could picture how he would look if he was writing them to her, the way his cloudy eyes brighten up like stars and his lips would creep up into a beaming smile like a child's. A corner of Aine's room was even filled with the photographs he had sent, nicely framed up on her wall with some other postcards her friends have given her.

"When did you say will Miss Delacour come, Aion?" she heard her father asking her brother. 

Aine whips her head to the two men, "Is Fleur coming?" she inquired excitedly and Aion shook his head. 

"Her sister, Celeste," he commented, growing pink.

Aine gave her brother a smirk, "Oh~ Your girlfriend?"

"Not really, but kinda. Yeah, Fleur has been pestering her to come to visit soon so she's coming in two days."

The smirk on Aine's face was wiped almost instantly, "Two days? But I won't be around to see her!" she gasped, recalling that she will be going to Draco's house tomorrow to hang out for two days. 

"Exactly. That's why I told her to come then since you won't be around to tease me!" Aion answered confidently and his sister scoffed. 

"I don't tease you."

"Right," Aion replies sarcastically and Elliot chuckles to himself, watching his children squabble back and forth. The Estoileon household was filled with bright laughter ever since Aion had come home to live with them and though they may have their little arguments, Elliot was sure that his daughter liked it anyway since she wasn't alone anymore, and it was heartwarming for the Estoileon father to see the smiles on their faces. It always made his days happier and better.

When the banter between the two ended after some time, the family prepared dinner and ate together. Though both Aion and Aine were quarrelling before, dinner went on without any disruptions and they even piled food on top of each other's plates, insisting that both of them had to eat more and fill themselves up with the scrumptious food their father had made. 

As the skies faded to the colour of their roses in their garden, Aine started preparing her small baggage to bring over to the Malfoy's house. Her steps were light as she skipped around the house, grabbing the things she needed like clothing, a hygiene kit, a diary, a couple of books as well as a gift for Draco and his family since it'll be rude to show up without any sort of present, not to mention the fact that she'll be staying there for two days which was both nerve-wracking and exciting for the girl. It was the first time she will be staying over at a friend's house, let alone a guy's place.

Nevertheless, she couldn't hide her excitement as she hums a small tune wherever she goes, making both Aion and Elliot stare at her with quizzical looks. Aine glances at the flowers she had harvested earlier today— they were currently set in a bouquet, ready to be brought over tomorrow along with a spherical paperweight that she had the blue rose preserved in resin with silver streaks of glitter-like stars surrounding the flower like a milky way. It was made a couple of weeks ago with the help of Luna who had assisted her in making it. Though it wasn't much, Aine wondered if Draco would like it. A smile curled on her lips as she admires them from her bed, her heart was fluttering at the thought of it and a wave of joy washed over her making her giggle suddenly. She mentally screams at herself for acting this way, kicking and slapping her pillows before she felt the door creak open slightly with a knock that followed.

Aine jolted before she quickly sat upright, wiping the twitching smile off her face as her father's voice echoed on the other side, "Sweetheart?"

"Yes, Dad? Come on in!" she beckoned, calming herself down as the door swung open. She blinks at her father, smiling innocently as he came in. 

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asks, leaning at the doorway.

Aine nodded, "I got most of my stuff packed. So, I guess, pretty much."

Elliot looks over at his daughter, her face was bright and her cheeks were glowing with pink. He stifled a chuckle before sitting next to his daughter on the bed. He turns to her and she looks at him with matching golden pupils, "I want you to take care of yourself when you're there alright?" 

"I will, Dad."

Her father purses his lips momentarily before continuing on, "You brought your wand?" he asks her and Aine nodded. 

"Always with me."

"Good," he replies with a smile, "I know the ministry states that no underage magic is allowed outside Hogwarts, but should you need to use it to protect yourself or anything if the situation calls for it, I want you to use it. Don't worry about the consequences, I'll deal with it."

Aine blinks with confusion, a chuckle escaped from her lips, "I'm sure the most common thing to say is not to use magic. Besides! There won't be a situation that needs that when I'm there, Dad. Don't worry about it! I won't cause any trouble or disturbances when I'm there. We're just going to hang out and read some books, and— watch the stars!" she tells him and Elliot sighs, giving into his daughter.

"Just... Keep that in mind, sweetheart. I don't want you hurt when you're at that— When you're at Malfoy's home," Elliot explained, stroking his daughter's cheeks. Aine looks at her father, worry in his eyes even though he tries to not make it obvious. He knew that the Malfoy boy was unusually caring and kind around Aine but it would be a lie if he said he wasn't worried since he knew all too well that Lucius Malfoy was unlike his son. He was despicable and ruthless and had a sharp tongue that makes him spout the nastiest words. All he hoped is that he wouldn't treat Aine in such a fashion during her time there. 

Elliot felt warmth in his hand before looking down at it, Aine had placed her hand over his and squeezed it, "I'll be alright, Dad. I promise. Don't worry too much and enjoy your time with Aion alone, and maybe tease him for me when I'm gone," she grins and he laughs at her reply, nodding.

"I will, my dear."

"Great!"

Aine jumps off her bed with a smile and Elliot looks at her tenderly before his eyes narrow, "Don't get too intimate with that Malfoy boy, alright? I don't want you two up late together there, understood? I'll be keeping my eyes around!" he gestured to his golden eyes before pointing it to his daughter's  

The girl's eyes went wide at her father's statement and her cheeks grew even redder, "What are you talking about, dad! Nonsense! Why— Why would I do that!" she blurted, covering her face as she quickly nudges her father out of her room, "I need to continue packing, dad. So please, could you leave for a while!"

A peal of laughter erupted out of Elliot as he allows himself to get thrown out of his daughter's room, he knew that she was being shy and embarrassed about her feelings, something she hasn't seemed to notice yet. "I'm serious, Aine. You two better not be smooching or doing those sort of stuff when I'm not there!" he playfully warns.

"DAD!" Aine gasped, feeling even more bashful than ever. Elliot continues to laugh before turning around to her, "You're acting more like Aion these days!" she complains, glaring at him through her covered face. 

He grins before planting a forehead kiss on her, "That's because he's my son, he literally inherited it," he boasts.

"For Godric sake, dad!" Aine exclaims, desperate to hide.

"Alright, alright. Go finish packing and get some good rest, sweetheart," Elliot instructed, slowly turning away

"I will..." Aine replies, her voice soft as she slowly closes the door but before it closes, she grabs onto the back of his sweater, "Goodnight, Dad," she bids sheepishly and then she lets go of him, quickly slamming the door as she uncovers her face from her hand, revealing a bright pink face.

"Goodnight, my little sunshine..." she heard her father say before she smiles again.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Hello, my lovely friends~ Welcome back to the sequel of UNTOLD! This is finally the fourth book of the UNRAVEL series and I couldn't be more excited to show you what I have planned for this one! 

How have you guys been? I hope all of you are doing well! 

Just a little refresher on some of the OC characters in this book... 

Aine Lianna Estoileon

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Aion Rayne Luceras

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Elliot Caius Estoileon

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

I actually have one planned for Celeste Delacour (Fleur's older sister, an OC who has been mentioned in the last book and this one) to be revealed later on. So do check it out when the chapter comes! Also, what do you guys think of the first chapter so far? I'm interested to find out what you guys think so do leave some comments if you like and I'll see you in the next chapter~ 

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 114 35
β‰ͺ ☽ ≫ ──── β‰ͺβ€’ ✾ ‒≫ ──── β‰ͺ ☾ ≫ PJOxHP "Who are you supposed to turn to when the only one who can stop the tears is the one who made you cry in the fir...
28.4K 659 44
Emily Potter is Harry Potter's twin sister. They have always been together in everything. Until their letter came in the mail. They got to Hagwarts a...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
22.9K 552 36
β˜† second story in the sequel β˜† β€’ go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! βœ°β˜½β™‘π‘βœ―β˜Ό He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...