Power and Responsibility (Spi...

Bởi ShallotStudioz

[NOT COMPLETED] Y/n L/n never wanted this. He wanted a normal life, no matter how chaotic his was. But after... Xem Thêm

Vol. 1: Origins (Issue #1: On The Horizon)
Vol. 1: Origins (Issue #3: Great Power)
Vol. 1: Origins (Issue #4: Great Responsibility)

Vol. 1: Origins (Issue #2: New Powers?)

1.6K 53 11
Bởi ShallotStudioz

Y/n groaned a bit as he turned in his sheets.

Sheets?

Y/n snapped his eyes open as he sat up and looked around. He was in his room, filled with science-fiction and superhero posters of Hawkeye and Tony Stark. Others were of other famous scientists, such as Norman Osborn before he became mayor of New York and even Curt Conners. On a workbench he keeps in his room was random tools with some scrap and a notebook with a pencil which he uses to write and sketch down ideas for projects and inventions. Next to his bed was a dresser that held his clothes and on top of it were some pictures of him and his family and friends, along with some old collectibles and other things he hasn't touched in years, like a Rubiks Cube. Next to it was his closet. Shelves line parts of the walls that held some trophies Y/n had earned when he was younger and a lot of other things.

Y/n was in his room in his Grandpa's apartment. How did he get here? Did his grandfather bring him here after he fell asleep? How out of it was he?

Grandpa Rick: "Hey, Y/n! Wake up, sport! I'm gonna bring you to school!"

School? School! Horizon! And since he slept in the clothes he wore yesterday, Y/n had to change his clothes. So that's what he did. He quickly shot out of his bed and went to his drawer, opening the drawers up to pull out his clothes for the day. As he did that, he stripped from his current outfit to change into today's. He ran around his room in an energetic flurry, not even noticing that he was climbing on to the wall and to the ceiling. Once he was dressed, he unknowingly walked back to the wall and back down to the floor.

Then he walked out of his room and found his backpack at the table. Then he saw his grandpa setting down some homemade breakfast burritos.

Grandpa Rick: "Mornin', champ. Feeling better?"

Y/n: "Uh, yeah, actually. Way better."

Grandpa Rick: "That's good. Glad I don't need to bring you to the doctor."

Y/n: "Me, too."

Grandpa Rick: "Now, eat up. Gonna need your energy for today."

Y/n: *smiles* "Thanks, Grandpa."

Rick nods and sits down to eat his own breakfast burrito as he looks through the mail he probably received this morning. Y/n sat down as well and began to eat his. As he did, he looked at the now loose bandage on his hand. He takes it off and looks at the spider bite, only to see that it was basically gone. Only a scar of what was there.

Y/n: "Weird..."

Grandpa Rick: "You okay, pal?"

Y/n looks up at his grandfather and nods.

Y/n: "Yeah. I'm good."

Y/n said as he took a bite of his burrito and swallowed it. Then he saw the mail on the table. The mail about rent.

Y/n knew his grandfather always had money trouble. He even offered to just go to Midtown High instead of Horizon to save money. But Rick said that his idea was "utter nonsense" and that Y/n should be going to Horizon since it was his dream. Y/n loved his grandfather, but he didn't want to be a burden on him.

Y/n: "Um... how is everything for you?"

Rick looked up from biting down on his burrito and then looked down at the mail on the table. He laughs a bit and gives his grandson a soft smile.

Grandpa Rick: "Everything's fine, Y/n. Don't need to worry about me."

Rick ruffles Y/n's hair a bit with a smile before standing up, scarfing down the rest of the burrito, and tossing the plate into the sink.

Grandpa Rick: "Alright. Let's get you to school. And let's pick up Mason on the way."

Y/n nods as he scarfs down the rest of his burrito as well and does the same as his grandfather. Then they go to leave the apartment so that Rick can drive his grandson and his friend to school.

Timeskip...

At school, half of the day had already passes and Y/n was seen in his lab working on his project. It's supposed to to a drone that is small enough to fit through vents and can record things and take pictures. It's gonna be a bit bulky at first, but he'll level down the size when the time comes.

Y/n places his tools down and sighs. He runs his hand through his hair and places his other on the desk. After a small breather, he goes to pick up his tools again to continue his work. However, the hand he had rested on his desk wasn't budging. Y/n looks at his hand and tries to raise it, but it doesn't move. He pulls at it and even stands up as he attempts to yank his hand from his desk.

Y/n: "Rgh! Why won't you budge?!"

*knock-knock!*

Y/n snaps his head towards his lab door and widens his eyes in panic. He quickly runs his mind for a solution and comes up with... act casual.

Y/n: "Come in!"

The door slides open and an African-American girl comes in. She was the same girl Y/n was looking at the day before.

Girl: "Uh, h-hey. You're Y/n L/n, right?"

Y/n: "Y-yeah. That's me."

Francine: "Great! I'm, uh, Francine Frye. You a-and that Mason guy, and Morales, are new here, r-right?"

Y/n: "Yeah. Me and Mason have been here for a week. Morales just got here yesterday."

Francine: "R-right. I just wanted to know if you wanted to join me and some of my friends on a hang out. I've already invited M-Miles and he agreed, but as long as you or Mason came. I'm t-talking to him next."

Y/n: "Hang... out?"

Oh, God. When was the last time Y/n hung out with someone other than Mason?

Francine: "Y-yeah! Just so that you guys can, y'know, feel included and whatnot. Maybe give you guys some advice s-so you don't screw up like we did on our first year."

Y/n: "Um, yeah. I could do that. When and where?"

Why is he acting like this? Y/n would usually blow stuff like this off and say that he was busy, unless it was Mason. It was like that the entire time of middle school and Freshman year. High school is so confusing...

Francine: "Great! U-um, maybe the mall Saturday? At two?"

Y/n: "Sounds like a plan."

Francine: "Great! I'll see you ar-round. I'm gonna talk to Mason now. B-bye!"

Y/n: "Bye!"

Francine waved goodbye and so did Y/n. Then she left, closing the door behind her. Y/n sighed as his hand finally slipped off the desk and he looks at it.

Y/n: "Oh, so now you wanna let go?"

Y/n sighs as he falls back into his chair and runs his hands through his hair. High school, amiright?

Timeskip...

After school, Y/n is seen walking with Mason, who was riding on a skateboard, down the subway. Mason was talking about the hang out the following weekend.

Mason: "Man, when was the last time we hung out with other people? This is gonna be fun!"

Y/n: "I can't believe that I agreed to it."

Mason: "Oh, come on! You need this. You can't go about your life just hanging out with a trouble maker like me."

Y/n: "Yeah, yeah."

Y/n says as he waves it off as they near the stairs down into the subway. However, a strange sensation fills Y/n's head and he stops walking. Mason notices this and stops, turning to his friend.

Mason: "You good, pal?"

Y/n doesn't answer as all he feels is the buzzing in his head. It was weird.

He turns just to see a man flying through the air in a yellow suit. This was the villain known as The Shocker, a man that uses "vibration gauntlets" to commit crimes.

Chasing after him were the two Spider-Men. The one in red and blue which you grew up with...

... and the new one in black and red.

Y/n watches them swing away, keeping his eyes on them as Mason shakes his friend a bit.

Mason: "You good, dude?"

Y/n takes a moment before the buzzing goes away and he shakes his head.

Y/n: "I'm good. Let's go."

Mason nods and hops off of his board, and the two walk into the subway. Y/n's grandpa was busy doing something for FEAST and Mason wanted to hang out, but Y/n had a job to do at FEAST, so they decided to both go to the shelter and work together for the day. But Mason was impatient and didn't want to walk that far, so they were going to take the subway to FEAST.

Mason: "That Francine girl was pretty cute. Oh, and then there's her friends. I think their name's were Anya and Gwen."

Y/n: "Is that all you think about? Causing chaos and girls?"

Y/n asks as they pass by some people and go to the subway train they always take. They both have all year passes.

Mason: "Maybe that's what you need to think sometimes. Let loose. Ask out a girl or two. A lot of the girls at Horizon are pretty cute."

Y/n: "My education is a lot more important."

Mason: "Says the guy who agreed to hang out with that Francine girl. Besides, maybe that's the reason I'm your only friend."

Y/n scoffs and looks away. He doesn't need any more friends. Mason is enough for him. Maybe Miles. He doesn't seem too bad.

Y/n: "Whatever."

Mason chuckles a bit as the subway train rolls up to the platform. After its former passengers get off, Y/n and Mason join the few others who were getting on to the train. Y/n yawns as and Mason walks up to one of the benches in the train and sets his bag down on the bench.

Y/n: "I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up when we get to FEAST, 'kay?"

Mason: "I got you, buddy."

Y/n nods and lies down on the bench, using his backpack as a pillow as he goes to take a nap. After a few minutes, the rocking of the train had Y/n slip into sleep.

Mason was on his phone as a group of guys in the train car were talking. Then one of them looks at the sleeping Y/n, looks down at his beer, and smiles as he gets an idea. He crouches down and Mason looks from his phone and to see the man next to his friend.

Mason: "Hey, bozo. Buzz off. Leave my friend alone."

Extra #1: "Ease up, kid. I'm just trying something out."

The man says and raises up his beer bottle before lowering it on to Y/n's forehead. Mason takes off his headphones as he does this and grabs the man's arm.

Mason: "Hey, I said--"

A drop of condensation goes down the bottle of beer and lands on Y/n's forehead. His eyes immediately snap open as he wakes up and leaps into the air and latches on to the train car's ceiling. Everyone, but one of the only two girls, looks at him in shock, especially Mason who had his mouth open in shock, as Y/n looked down at them.

Mason: "What in the Sam Hill...?"

Y/n looks up at his hands and he immediately falls to the ground, but on his hands and feet which left him confused. The girl mentioned earlier was complaining about now smelling like beer since the beer placed on Y/n's forehead earlier was thrown and spilled all over her. Y/n looks at her and immediately stands to his feet as he walks up to her.

Y/n: "Uh, sorry, ma'am...? I didn't mean to do that."

Y/n said as he touches the woman's shoulder. However, he immediately realizes that he shouldn't and pulls away... only for his hand to stick to her shirt.

Y/n: "Uh..."

Mason: "Y/n?"

The man from before walks up to them, looks between the two, and then at Y/n.

Extra #1: "Let go of her."

Y/n: "I'm trying to, so how about you back OFF!"

The man pushes him away, resulting in Y/n accidently pulling off the woman's shirt to reveal her bra. Mason laughs a bit and Y/n looks away as the man tries to shield the girl.

Extra #1: "Are you kidding me? What's wrong with you?!"

Y/n turns to the man.

Y/n: "Hey, that wasn't my intention, man! It's not like I--"

Y/n looks at the pole he was holding to see that he couldn't let go. Then that buzzing from earlier returned, but more intense, and he jumped up to dodge the man's charge and kicks him away.

Y/n: "The hell...?"

Mason: "What was that?!"

Y/n: "I don't know, man! My body just reacted! I--"

The buzz returned and Y/n spun around to kick a man in the face, knocking him out. A third tries to tackle Y/n to the ground, but Mason tackles him instead and punches him in the face. A black man looks at Y/n in surprise and then around before his eyes land on Mason's skateboard. Y/n followed his gaze as Mason kicked the other man in his balls, making him double over in pain and to the ground. Mason then turns to Y/n with a smile before he follows his friend's gaze, and he loses the smile as the black man grabs his board.

Mason: "No, please. Not my board!"

Y/n: "Don't!"

The man swung the board and Y/n raises his arm to block. The board snaps in two upon contact and Y/n immediately punches the guy in the face, knocking him out. Then the buzzing returned once more and Y/n tore the pole clean off from the floor and ceiling and swung it around, hitting the first man and another in their face. They both fall to the ground, unconscious as Y/n and Mason look around in shock.

After that, the two got off the train as soon as possible and ran out of the station. They ran out into the sunlight and ran all the way to FEAST without a single word. Once they made it, May saw them and tried to speak to the two, but they ran past her with apologies coming from their mouths. Then they arrived at Rick's office, which was thankfully empty. Mason and Y/n ran over to the windows and closed all the blinds in a hurry before all of them were closed. Mason then turns to Y/n in a panic.

Mason: "What the actual fuck was that?!"

Y/n: "What're you talking about?"

Mason: "The whole sticking-to-things thing! And you took out most of those guys by yourself. It was like you were Spider-Man! Oh, my God. Are you Spider-Man?"

Y/n: "What?"

Mason: "The new one, I mean. Are you?! Tell me! Tell me, I say!"

Mason orders Y/n as he grabs the boy's shoulders and shakes him. Y/n grabs his friend's arms to stop him, but accidently adds too much pressure and he yelps in pain and lets Y/n go.

Y/n: "Oh, shit! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to--"

Mason: "No, no. It's fine... Shouldn't have done that. Super-Spider-Strength... Noted."

Y/n: "Look, I'm not Spider-Man!"

Y/n said before looking at his hands.

Y/n: "I mean, not him. Or them, I guess."

Mason: "Dude, this is amazing. I think you have spider powers! Like Spider-Man! Do you have the webbing?"

Y/n: "Excuse me?"

Mason: "The webbing! You know... thwip-thwip?"

Mason does the signature webshooter thing and smiles at Y/n. However, the (H/C) haired boy only sighs and rolls his eyes.

Y/n: "Don't they have mechanical webshooters?"

Mason: "That's just speculation and theory. One of them is organic webbing! Do you have it?"

Y/n: "Mason..."

Mason: "Just see? For me, please?"

Y/n: "Ugh. Fine."

Y/n says and raises his hand. He presses his middle and ring fingers to his wrist, and nothing happens. No webs. Nothing.

Y/n: "Nothing. See?"

Mason: "Bummer. Guess we'll have to make some."

Y/n: "What?"

Mason: "What?" What do you mean "What?" You have Spider-Man's powers! You gotta do something to help people! It's hero time, man."

Y/n laughs, confusing his friend a bit before he looks at him blankly.

Y/n: "No."

Mason: "What do you mean?"

Y/n: "No. No hero shit. I don't wanna do that. New York has enough heroes, let alone Spider-Men."

Mason: "What?! Why not? You have the opportunity and the power to help people, and you say "No"?"

Y/n: "Yep. And we're not talking any more about this. I'll learn how to deal with these stupid powers and that'll be the end of it. Got it?"

Mason: "But--"

Y/n: "Got it?"

Mason looks at his friend for a moment before sighing and nodding.

Mason: "Alright. Whatever you say, man."

Y/n: "Thank you, Mason."

Mason: "No problem, Y/n."

Y/n smiles gratefully at his friend and nods before walking to the door.

Y/n: "Alright. Let's go see what Grandpa and May need help with."

Y/n walks up to the door and grabs the doorknob to turn it. However, he ends up tearing the door right off the hinges. Y/n looks at the door with a cringe while Mason snickers.

Y/n: "Well, that's gonna be a problem."

Timeskip...

Back at his grandfather's apartment after a day at school and working at FEAST with Mason, Y/n is at his workbench. He was working on his drone again as it was well into the night. However, he was having trouble doing his work carefully since he could snap his tools in an instant. After trying to add something with shaky hands, Y/n yells in frustration before throwing his tools on to the workbench and slamming his hands down.

Y/n: "Goddammit!"

Y/n holds his head in his hands and groans in anger. He's barely had these powers for two days and he hates them already. He couldn't do anything without possibly breaking or damaging whatever he was touching. He even had to carefully twist the doorknobs of the doors in his own home and slowly pull them open so he doesn't break the doors or the knobs.

Y/n: "Maybe some water will clear my head..."

With that, Y/n sat up from his chair and left his room. He went to the kitchen and approached the fridge. He carefully opens it to not rip the door off the hinges and takes out a water bottle. He then closes the door, only to get spooked when he sees Rick standing there.

Y/n: "Gah! Grandpa, you scared the shit outta me!"

Grandpa Rick: "First of all, watch your mouth. Second, what're you doing up?"

Y/n: "Just getting something to drink. Need to clear my head. Things got kinda... crazy recently."

Grandpa Rick: "Oh? Tell me."

Rick tells his grandson as he walks to the table and sits down. Y/n looks at his grandfather for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and going to sit across from his grandfather. He opens the water bottle he got from the fridge and takes a swig of it before setting it down on the table.

Grandpa Rick: "What's wrong?"

Y/n: "I, uh..."

Wait a minute, Y/n couldn't tell Rick that he has "spider powers" now. That would be insane! So, instead, he goes to talk about the other thing he thinks is a bit crazy.

Y/n: "Well, I'm a but stressed about my project for Horizon. Also, this is gonna sound stupid, but... I'm worried about a hang out this Saturday."

Grandpa Rick: "With Mason? Why? You seem comfortable around him. Why worry?"

Y/n: "No, not just with Mason. It's... with other people as well. Miles and some other people from Horizon who just want to help us fit in, I guess."

Grandpa Rick: "Well, that's great! It's wonderful that you're breaking out of your shell. And, even though Mason is like another son to me, you need more friends besides that little trouble maker."

Y/n chuckles a bit as he couldn't help but to agree a bit. He's spent basically all of his free time since middle school with Mason. But that's mainly because Mason felt bad that no one wanted to hang out with Y/n when their friendship first began in the detention room. Mason set loose a whole farm's worth of chickens into the school while Y/n blew up the science lab. At first, the friendship was out of pity and Y/n hated it, but he eventually grew close to Mason and they're friendship became genuine. It was... nice to have a friend. Especially one that he could talk science with. He liked Mason. He was a brother to him.

Y/n: "I guess so. But the thing is... we were invited to hang out by a girl."

He's going to regret saying that.

Grandpa Rick: "A girl you say? What's her name? Is she cute?"

And here comes the regret.

Y/n: "Her name is Francine. She's... nice looking, I guess. Don't really know her, though."

Grandpa Rick: "Ah, but the whole point of a date is getting to know the person, isn't it?"

Y/n: "Date...? Grandpa! This is literally some experienced students showing the new kids around and hanging out."

Grandpa Rick: "Uh-huh. And how do you see this girl?"

Y/n: "Grandpa!"

Y/n was blushing now. It was always the people closest to him that could get him flustered, embarrassed, or blushing. Never anyone else. Especially his grandfather.

Grandpa Rick: "Hahaha! You're always so easy to tease, sport."

Y/n: "I know, and I hate you for it."

Rick chuckles a bit and leans back in his chair.

Grandpa Rick: "Here's my advice. Just go for it. Try it. If it's not you and you'd rather stay in your little shell, then do so. What's reward without the risk, amiright?"

Y/n: "... I guess so. I'll give it a shot. Thanks, Grandpa."

Grandpa Rick: "No problem, sport." *stands from chair* "Now, get some rest. Everyday needs your energy. Good night, champ."

Y/n: "Night, Grandpa."

With that, Rick went back to his room to sleep. Y/n just sighs before taking another drink from his water bottle. He sighs after setting it back down on the table and looks up at the ceiling. Then he looks back down at the table to see the mail from that morning still there. The envelope labeled with the big red "RENT" on it was what stuck out to him the most.

Y/n: "Reward without risk, eh?"

Y/n got an idea. Not one that he was gonna be proud of, but one that will help his grandfather.

The Next Day...

The next day, Mason is seen in his lab at Horizon as he works on his project. The door to his lab opens and he doesn't bother to look as Y/n walks in and close the door.

Mason: "What's up, man? Need something?"

Y/n: "How much do you know about Spider-Man?"

Mason stops working on his project and turns to his friend now, curious.

Mason: "What?"

Y/n: "How much...! How much do you know about Spider-Man?"

Mason: "Why?"

Y/n: "I... need your help with something."

Mason looks at his friend for a moment before he grins widely and puts down his tools.

Mason: "No fucking way... You actually gonna do the Spider-Hero thing?!"

Y/n: "Could you shut up! I don't want people to know about this."

Mason: "Right. Sorry. Secret identities and whatnot."

Y/n: "Thank you. Also, it's not gonna be a "hero thing". It's gonna be more of an... underground fighter thing."

Mason: "What?"

Y/n: "Look, my grandpa needs money. We've been late on rent for three months now and we're struggling with other stuff. We had to sell our washing machines. We wash our clothes and towels at FEAST now. And spending all of his time at a charity-based organization like FEAST isn't helping with our money problems."

Mason: "Oh. I-I didn't know that it was that bad."

Y/n: "Yeah. But I heard that underground fighting pays well, especially ones with superhumans."

Mason: "Y/n, you're not thinking to--"

Y/n: "I know. It's stupid and risky, but what's reward without the risk, right? I need to do this so I can help Grandpa. But I can't do this myself. Can you help me? Please?"

Mason looked at his brother figure for a moment. Underground superhuman fights were illegal, but his best friend needed help. He couldn't just say no to him. They've been together through thick and thin. And now was thick.

Mason: "Of course, buddy. Like I'm going to let you do this on your own."

Y/n smiles at this.

Y/n: "Thank you, Mason."

Mason: "No prob, Y/n. Now let's get to work."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

115K 5.2K 50
Everyone knows the story of when Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider and harnessed superhuman powers... But what happens to that ever so...
2K 44 17
Following the events of Infinity War and Endgame (minus his identity being revealed. That never happened here lol) , Spiderman is faced with new aris...
8 1 1
"TAKING THE HITS" After being bitten by a genetically engineered spider, young Peter Parker finds that he now has incredibly enhanced strength, speed...
66.5K 1.9K 43
With great power, comes great responsibility, it is the duty of those with the ability, to use it for the betterment of others. A hero's journey is j...