Blessed by the Gods

By LucyGray1864

Ragnar, his wife and their sons Ivar and Hvitserk travel to the kingdom of Myrhult in Sweden to form an allia... More

Disclaimer
Character backstory
Arrival
A Quarrel
Hateful Words
Visions
Unwanted Visitor
First Encounter
Don't laugh
All Lies
The Bath
Accusations
Hvitserk
Loyal 'til the End
Second Encounter
Not much
Hvitserk!
Fields and Trees
Attack
Symbols
The Lake
They Got Her
Calm
More Visions
Our Future
Present the Finds
See?
Stay Here
The Ground Shook
The Storm
***
Silver Lines
...
Rùna's Plan
Hills and Mountains
Woods
A Voice
The Wave
The End
An Alliance
Every Time
Thank you for reading

Farewell

110 2 0
By LucyGray1864

Leaving the rest of the men behind, they agreed on the conditions for their alliance and celebrated it and the victory over king Bǫlverkr with ale, dance, song and all the people in town and around who had survived the attack.

Soon after Rùna should leave for the north and claim her new kingdom, uniting the forces and rule it all. She distributed the weapons with symbol on them to the men she believed trustworthy, brave and loyal. Not only her own men, but Ragnar's as well, even Ivar and Hvitserk received a sword.

As the night descended upon Myrhult, a ship set sail, on it king Valtar, surrounded by the glistening pearls of water Rùna let float through the air. The ship reached a current, pulling it towards the middle of the lake and Ivar got the honour of shooting the arrow that lit the last bed of Valtar on fire, releasing him into Valhalla where he would meet his wife again, and drink with the gods.

Watching the flames devour her father, Rùna sat next to Ivar, her head on his shoulder. "All the things I saw, but not this. Never this"

Ivar placed a kiss on her forehead. "We never see what's right in front of us. That is the way it works, and only do we see things when they have long passed us"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 5.1K 26
"Tell me, when will I meet the great love of my life? I am so angry and full of hate, so much so that Ubbe and Sigurd say, that no woman will love me...
59.7K 1.5K 36
First from a farmer's village on the coast of Wessex, she's captured by Vikings all of which follows the order of the ruthless Ivar the Boneless. Onc...
22.8K 475 63
Sigrun is a thrall in King Ragnar's court. She is loyal, ambitious, and outspoken, which is dangerous for a thrall to be. She longs to be free to per...
180K 3.7K 46
In the burning ruins of an ancient city, Ragnar Lothbrok's eldest son with his second wife Aslaug, Ubbe, found one lone survivor. A young girl. A gir...