The Boy In Her Dreams

Bởi Benzita13

Who would have thought changing schools could be the strangest thing to ever happen? No one, of course! But s... Xem Thêm

Author's note
🌺 PROLOGUE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER ONE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWO 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FOUR 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FIVE 🌺
🌺CASTS🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SIX🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER EIGHT 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER NINE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER ELEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWELVE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTEEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FOURTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER FIFTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SIXTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER EIGHTEEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER NINETEEN 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY ONE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY TWO🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SIX🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT🌺
🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY NINE🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY ONE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY TWO 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY THREE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SIX 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT 🌺
🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY NINE 🌺
🌺 EPILOGUE 🌺

🌺 CHAPTER THREE 🌺

182 48 43
Bởi Benzita13

Four days later:

After much arguing, I decided moving out of town was best for me, though I would miss Hannah alot.

Mother decided we leave as early as possible on the day of our journey and we did.

We got a cab and was taken to an apartment which, mother said, was provided by the company when we arrived at Edo State. According to her, the rent would be paid by the company for two months and after that, it would be her responsibility.

We got into the apartment, unpacked our things, and had some trucks bring in our other items.

Hours later, we were settled in our new home and my mum insisted she find us a school as soon as possible.

I contended she rest for the day and not worry about it, but it seemed all my ranting went through deaf ears.

And now, I stood nervously in front of the big gate of a school building which had the words De Royale Academy, written above it, wearing a white long sleeve shirt, a black vest with the school's logo imprinted on it, a grey tartan pleated skirt and knee-length black socks.

I felt really positive about moving away from Ebonyi State. I hadn't had the nightmare or any dream at all the last few nights, those were the first days of my life I would say I had a good night sleep.

I took in a deep breath and walked through the gate which was left wide open.

I stared at the school in awe. The school had a very large environment, it was brightly colored in yellow and white paint and was greatly adorned with various ornamental plants. In the centre of the school's compound, stood a Bougainvillea tree.

The paper-like petals of the triangular flowers on the tree were of pink colours. And it's bark, very thick and wide.

I walked along side my brothers as we headed to the Bursar's office to get our school books.

"Good morning ma" Jomafu greeted and Jokpa and I did the same.

"Same to you" She smiled. "I'm seeing new faces....and double faces".

"We're new students and we came to get our books. My brother and I are twins" Jokpa said.

"Okay" She gestured for us to sit and walked to a pile of books arranged on a shelf.

"May I know your names?" She asked.

"Oh. I'm Jomafu, my twin is Jokpa, and this our little sister, Ejiro".

"I'm not little" I pouted, and Jomafu chuckled.

"Wow, lovely names" She said. "Here are your note books and exercise books. You'll get the text books later".

"Thank you ma" I said and carried mine.

"Take these. It's a list of the classes" She said, handing us three pieces of paper.

I took mine and walked out of her office, trying to stay on my feet while carrying my books and my heavy school bag at the same time.

I was lucky classes were tagged. I looked at the list on my hand and tried to locate SS1 B, the class for art students.

I walked through a hallway and came across a class room door with the name SS1 B written on top of the door. I could tell it was a classroom due to the noise that came from it.

I opened the door nervously and took few steps into the class, heads turned and the room fell silent at once.

All eyes were on me and gosh! Did I hate it.

My eyes moved around the classroom avoiding the stares of the students and I found an empty seat at the end of the class. No surprise there.

I tried to hide my nervousness by walking casually to the back. I sat down as soon as I got there. I could hear murmurs from each of the students, but I decided to ignore them and read a novel instead.

"Hi".

I looked up to see a beaming dark skinned girl, with black eye balls and dimples sitting in front of me.

"I'm Nnadzwa" She said. "You can call me Zee".

"Thanks but I like Nnadzwa better. I'm Ejiro". I smiled.

"Cute name. I'm guessing you're from Delta state" She said, and I nodded in reply.

"What tribe are you?" I asked, most especially because of the name.

"I'm Nupe and from Kwara state" She said.

"Wow, what are you doing in Edo State then?" I asked, dropping the novel I held.

She cleared her throat and stated instead, "Family issues".

"Oh ok".

"So how do you see this school?" She asked.

"Well, honestly, I don't know. I just came to the school few minutes ago. Although, in terms of the surrounding, the school is quite lovely" I said.

"You'll love this school, trust me" She said.

"Okay" I replied.

She turned away and I went back to reading the novel on my locker.

"Hello" I heard another voice say.

I looked up again and saw a boy approach me. I observed his features as he sauntered to my direction.

He was dark skinned, had pink lips and wore circular- framed clear lens glasses. His shirt was tucked in neatly into his trouser and wore a crew cut.

"I'm Noah. Can we be friends?" He asked, taking the empty seat beside me. I raised a brow at him in confusion.

"Don't mind him, he wants to use you for another experiment of his" A girl snickered. She was dark chocolate in complexion and had a grey Hijab on to complement her school uniform.

"No I don't." The boy frowned, folding his hands. "What's your name new student?".

"Uuh, My name is Ejiro" I said.

"Nice name" The girl said, and the boy nodded in agreement. "I'm Sara, and he's Noah".

"Thanks for helping me introduce myself but I can take it from here" Noah said, playfully pushing Sara away.

"I've been trying to create a theory on understanding girls, and none of these ones here agreed to help me" He said, frowning as he stared at the front of the class.

"My guy friends usually say girls are hard to understand and If I could finally understand them I could change the world for good" He smiled, making a gesture by raising his hands in the air.

"Dude, we already told you. You've got to be a girl to understand us" Sara laughed.

"No I don't, and I'll prove it" He said, then turning to me he said, "Do me a favor newbie and help me prove to all these enemies of progress that anything is possible".

"Uuuh...." I trailed off.

I just came into this class few minutes ago, and now I was going to become the test monkey of a guy's experiment, someone I didn't know.

"Sure, why not" I shrugged.

"Thank you" He smiled, and turning to Sara he said, "See people that have sense". I couldn't help but laugh.

Noah walked away, and Sara and I talked a little about ourselves. I had a good feeling about the students here. The ones I had met were outgoing and friendly.

Shortly after, a teacher walked in to teach and I had to do the introductions as usual which I hated so much.

I did that in other classes until the bell was rung for lunch break.

                                •°•°•

I went to the girl's bathroom and brought out two capsules from the black cellophine I held tightly in my hand.

It wasn't the most hygienic place to take my medications, but I couldn't risk acting crazy because I had imaginations about the boy in my nightmares.

As soon as I was done taking it, I threw the black cellophine inside a dustbin and brought out the list given to me by the Bursar, trying to use it to locate the school's cafeteria.

I walked through the hallway again until I came across a wooden double door with the name Cafeteria written above it.

I pushed it open and couldn't hide my surprise when I saw how big the cafeteria was.

"OMG!" I exclaimed.

I looked to my side and saw a queue of students holding trays and waiting for their turns to get food.

I looked farther and saw another part of the cafeteria where food was sold by a young light skinned lady.

I heard food from the cafeteria tasted bad, so I brought out the 200 naira hidden in my socks and decided to buy snacks instead.

I had a hard time deciding on what I wanted to buy, though, I had gotten two snacks.

Someone approached me and whispered, "Come sit with us".

I turned around and saw Nnadzwa walking along side Sara as they went to sit at a table.

Few seconds later, I was able to decide on snacks to buy and had spent my entire 200 naira.

I turned around to leave but focused more on the cheeseballls I tried to open, and by accident, I bumped into someone.

"Uuh!" She yelled. "Are you blind or something?!".

"No. I'm so sorry" I apologized.

"You even stepped on my foot!" She shrieked.

"Uuum". I looked at her for sometime and tried to walk away. I bumped into her and did nothing to her foot. I knew she was lying.

"Aren't you going to apologize for that?" She yelled, dragging me forward.

"No. I bumped into you not step on your feet. Know the difference" I said and walked away.

Gasps came from different parts of the cafeteria.

"Do I know you?" She asked.

"No" I stated.

"You should because no one messes with me around here. This school is my territory and as long as you're in it, you do as I say. Apologize for stepping on my feet" She said.

"Do I look like I care". I answered, rolling my eyes.

"How dare you speak to me that way, you low life and useless idiot!" She said and scrunched up her nose.

"Excuse me, was that supposed to hurt?" I scoffed and walked away.

See me, see wahala oo!

I got to Nnadzwa's and Sara's seat.

"Girl, you've got guts" Sara said.

"How?" I asked, confused.

"That girl you bumped into, she's the Proprietress' daughter and you just spoke to her in that manner" Nnadzwa said.

"Ah ah, which manner did I use to speak." I exclaimed. "And besides, I don't care if she's the Proprietress' daughter. If she wants trouble I'll give her trouble".

"I loved that" Noah said, taking a seat beside me.

"Who called you? Please go and sit with your guys" Sara said.

"My test monkey's here, so I need to be here". He smiled

"Please don't call me test monkey" I frowned.

"Okay, my tester" He said.

"That's better" I smiled.

"Go naa, later you'll work on your experiment. If you stay long you'll give this new girl a bad impression of the school" Nnadzwa complained while I laughed.

"No I won't!" Noah said, standing up. "I'll come later. Bye".

I felt a person's heated gaze on me, and just by looking through my side eye I could tell it was the Proprietress' daughter.

"The Proprietress' daughter" I said. "What's her name?".

"Sharon Achebe" Sara answered.

I ate silently as I contemplated on the name.

"One of the people I would stay away from". I thought.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
126K 4.1K 12
Sherlock Holmes was never interested in finding love, that is until he crosses paths with a young woman on her way home from Afghanistan. But there's...
VILE Bởi ....

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

18.4K 5.1K 56
Tomike is a young Nigerian programmer living in Boston, trying to pave a way for herself far away from her home country. She seems to have it going a...
17.2K 3.4K 64
You dont know me." Akeredolu Yewande Deraline is admitted into one of the elite schools in nigeria. Bring friends with a rumored depressed freak, a g...