The Proposed Marriage

By remixthestory

/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of... More

❥ Copyright & Characters
❥ Prologue
❥ 1. Hiraeth
❥ 2. Smultronställe
❥ 3. Anam Cara
❥ 4. Hülya
❥ 5. Orenda
❥ 6. Scintilla
❥ 7. Komorebi
❥ 8. Anodyne
❥ 9. Minutiae
❥ 10. Marmoris
❥ 11. Serendipity
❥ 12. Phosphenes
❥ 13. Inchaote
❥ 14. Ramé
❥ 15. Immure
❥ 16. Dormiveglia
❥ 17. Puissance
❥ 18. Haimish
❥ 19. Flōrentis
❥ 20. Asawa
❥ 21. Brontide
❥ 22. Morii
❥ 23. luftmensch
❥ 24. Aporia
❥ 25. Frore
❥ 26. Parastin
❥ 27. Moed
❥ 28. Procellous
❥ 29. Hellion
❥ 30. Toska
❥ 31. Tacenda
❥ 32. Oneirodynia
❥ 33. Souris
❥ 34. Attrahent
❥ 35. Lucesco
❥ 36. Kalon
❥ 37. Boketto
❥ 38. Tyyneys
❥ 39. Mizpaho
❥ 40. Rakuyou
❥ 41. Neomemenia
❥ 42. Ominous
❥ 43. Verticordious
❥ 45. Zemblanity
❥ 46. Hävitys
❥ 47. Dolent
❥ 48.Còsagach
❥ 49. Ukiyo
❥ 50. Sayonee
❥ 51. Juggernaut
❥ 52. Affrap
❥ 53. Kärsiä
❥ 54. Crudêl
❥ 54. Cruor
❥ 55. Brumous
❥ Epilogue

❥ 44. Elide

2.7K 179 13
By remixthestory

Elide (verb)
To merge or join

♡♡

The bright light flashed across the sky, making her yelp in surprise. Her nails dug into his shoulder, clutching onto him for hold.

His arms on her waist tightened in response.

Under her eyelids, she glanced at him to see amusement painted on his face. He was biting the urge to laugh at her.

Her eyes narrowed, shooting him warning glares to dare and do it. His lower lips trembled to grin. Her hold on her shoulder tightened and his eyes flashed with darkness, all playfulness gone.

"Mahira" he whispered her name, eyes boring holes into her. She looked back at him, tongue darting to lick the moisture on her lips, and his gaze followed.  "Careful with your actions, Dove." He warned huskily

She furrowed her brows in confusion, staring at him.

Another harsh lightening and she jumped in the hold. The last inches between them faded and her body touched his fully, her eyes widened feeling her wet self brushing his transparent shirt.

He grunted and his hooded eyes traveled to her, their chest touching. Her saree was sticking and shaping around her, even the cold air had made her skin tighten around sensitive areas, and her buds were hard.

Her face flushed, blood rushing to her in full force, she pushed back from him turning to the other side and making a run for the exit door, uncaring about the heavy rain.

The exit was the other side, she made the turn but was yanked back, with a force that made her clash against him. She tried using her palms to create some distance, not looking up in embarrassment when he yanked her closer if possible.

She kept her eyes done, clutching them shut hard.

"Look at me Ira" he murmured in her ears, his hot breath mixed with cool water droplets. It created a sensation in her, stirring all of her nerves. She didn't comply.

His knuckles brushed her cheeks, leaving a hot trail behind them which soon was attacked by water. She breathed heavily when his fingers traveled to her throat and neck. 

"Look up Ira." He whispered again, lips so close, caressing her earlobes.

She jerked her head up when he bit the skin below her ear. A sound left her lips, making her eyes snap open.

"Veer" She breathed, he hummed in response, his nose caressing her neck, lips puffing out air. "I...It's r...raining."

"I know" His palm squeezed her waist and she held him tightly.

"W...we're wet." She let out, blinking hard with his lips on her collarbone. His teeth grazed her skin and her fingers clutched onto his hair, she wanted to pull him back but ended up pushing him more.

"Are you wet?" his voice was husky and controlled, he was staring into her eyes, his escapades on her throat long forgotten. Fingers holding her so tight, she bet she was going to have marks but it felt so good.

"I...huh...we both are. W...we'll get ill." she tried reasoning when his fingers held her nape, his thump brushing water droplets away from her cheek.

"If I kiss you, will you push me away?" He asked making her gape.

"Huh.." she blinked, her eyes traveling to his lips, involuntarily her tongue licked her lower lip.

He groaned loudly, pulling her face closer and taking her lips in a searing kiss. She felt alive, so much so that the blood flow made the tingles run all over her. His lips sucked her oxygen away.

She should be numb or pushing him away but with a single stroke of his tongue and she started responding to him. He sucked her lower lip and she mimicked his actions for his upper lip. His right hand cupped her face, left pulling her closer, more if possible.

His teeth bit onto her lips and she moaned into the kiss, giving him control of her mouth. He took it immediately. He was tasting her, thoroughly if it is possible. She was breathless, and so was he as his chest raised and deflated brushing hers, letting her shudder each time.

Her knees were ready to buckle, and as if he got the hint he picked her up in the air, she gasped in surprise but he didn't let the kiss break. She was now pressed against the cold wall.

His attack on her lips continued until she was panting for breath and he let her go, his forehead touched hers, and she clutched her eyes shut, gasping her breath as his lips placed open-mouth kisses on her cheek and down to her neck.

The cold breeze was the secondary force that made her shiver, first was his torture on her. She was liking the warmth traveling to her, his fingers touching, teasing, and tapping on her bare waist. She rasped hard, pulling him from his nape, back to face her. He pecked her lips once, twice, thrice, and kept doing it until she opened her eyes to stare into his dark orbs.

"I thought you won't be opening them for another lifetime" he bumped his nose with hers, lips in a gentle smirk "You're blushing Ira. Why? I'm just your husband."

She blinked looking at him. "This...I..." she looked away, flushing more if possible. "Veer" she gulped. "W...we should go back. It's g.. going to be late"

He hummed, cupping her jaw and making her look back at him. "Before that, Let me look at you more."

She averted her eyes from him, feeling him taking a slow, leisurely glance at her, his eyes making her shiver in scrutiny.

Taking her chance to look at him, she took in his face, his lips looked swollen. Her eyes widened realizing what her lips would be looking like. She touched her lips unconsciously.
He chuckled at her expressions. 

"For the records, You look thoroughly kissed" he paused "By me."

He looked almost proud and possessive. She bit her lower lip to hold back any sound.

"I had always wanted to do this. Every time you wear a saree you make me hold on to the urge to lock you in and have my ways with you, You torture me with your elegance in this Ira. It's so hard to control." He breathed into her scent, his forehead touching her temples, breath blowing in her ears. His palm touched her back and he grinned at the goosebumps. "And when you're this nervous in my arms, writhing it takes so much self-control to hold back. I would rather stack my claim on you and let others know what the consequences be if they even think about you. You're mine, Ira, to hold and to cherish."

"Veer" she breathed.

"Shush. Let me just stay like this, it's calming and peaceful. Holding you near me is a feeling I can't explain to you. It means so much to me. You mean so much to me." He confessed.
Her heart plummeted making her stutter "You mean so much to me too. You're the o...only one I...have let so close to me...I have never let anyone be this close to me."  

"I know." He kissed her forehead, lingering his touch there. "I'm the only one and I'll remain the only one. I promise. I'm going to cherish you for the whole of eternity, Dove. You'll be mine until you want to and trust me, I'll never let you think otherwise. Never thought of leaving me will cross your head. I vow that."

"You'll be only one" She leaned to him, revering his words, his promises, and his touches.

It was a bubble, a cocoon that the two had built standing below the cloudy sky, pouring harsh rain. They were soaked, but more than rain it was the warmth oozing out of them. Confiding their shivering forms but still holding on to each other.

Until she sneezed.

"You caught a cold" he stated concerned.

"I... No. I did not" she shook her head for more certainty.

"Yeah! Knowing you, you'll keep denying it" he narrowed his eyes accusing.

She huffed then rolled her eyes, sniffing, and said "We s.. should get going. Mira must be waiting. We have been h..here for too long. I hope she doesn't come looking for us here."

"Can't a man have a little time with his girl? Bad idea I brought her here." His lips twisted in distaste.

Mahira glared at him, slapping his arm "She loves you"

"Yeah, That's the root cause of all." He rolled his eyes, pushing the water back from his hair.

"Veer" she called him sternly. "Let's go.." she sneezed "home"

"Yes! Come let us go before you get it bad." He scrunched his nose earning a slap from her again.

Through the mirror, she flushed looking at him who leaned back against the washroom wall staring at her movements, His arms crossed and a small smile playing on those sinful lips, his black eyes seemed to be twinkling with all the bright lights on the roof.

He shook his head in response chuckling, her lips curved downwards in a half grimace, half pout.

"Is that my favorite flavor on you?"  His lips stretched in a teasing smile, a brow cocked seeing her applying lip gloss.

She mocked a glare at him tying her hair in a braid and he raised his brows in a question. She averted her eyes, ignoring his unsaid demand. She stole a gaze at him and he stood there, hands pocketed, head tilted and face turned stern.

She sighed and dropped her hands, keeping the hair tye back and brushing the knots away. Letting her black locks fall free, she asked him for approval through his eyes.

He nodded happily, and a smirk traveled to his face. She rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders in nonchalance.

The exchange felt weird but meaningful in its sense. She placed her hairbrush down and made space for him infront of the washbasin. The wall mirror is big enough to accommodate 4 people.
He straightened and walked to her, slow strides almost lazy.

He took his place beside her, eyes not leaving hers, all through their reflection.

She broke the stare and started her night routine. His room dresser was full of his perfume bottles, she somehow adjusted her things but fitting everything was impossible so it was this basin cabinet for her.

She glanced up and he winked at her playfully, she gaped at him, blush coating her cheeks, crimson would be the color on her face and neck if she looked up to the mirror. She bit her cheeks to stop flaming and to bring them back to normal, which was a really hard task.

He chuckled at her flushed face. 

"Stop laughing at me" she glared hitting his arm.

He laughed harder making her huff. She stomped out and walked straight to her side table. Plugging in her phone and laptop. She gulped the last dose of medicine for a cold that she had acquired being in rain that long.

She thought back to yesterday and then today morning when she woke up in his arms, close and held so tight as if he was afraid she'll leave in the middle of the night. She had stayed in bed until he decided to wake up and greet her with his handsome smile.

He had stolen kisses on her neck before he had let her go for the start of her day, all because she didn't let him anywhere near her fearing the transmission of cold.

She settled on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

He settled behind her, bringing her close to him, a hand holding her waist, spooning and a leg between hers. Cuddling.

"Ira" he called her out softly and she glanced back at him. "Can you let me in?"

She frowned in confusion. He caressed her hair, pecking them as if choosing his words with utter care.

"I want to know about your nightmares Ira. I want to know everything about them. I have seen you restless in sleep, how tied up you're even while sleeping, far from calmness. I want to know the reason for your nightmares, the reason for your lack of sleep. I wish to destroy it. I wish to break the shackles holding you back. Holding your smiles back holding your happiness back." He stared at her, eyes questioning her soul. "What's stopping you, Ira? Who's stopping you?"

Her throat constricted, her stomach flipping as she clutched her eyes shut and saw the series of events flowing past as a movie. She gasped a breath.

His thump drew circles on her arm but it was not calming, It was a constant reminder for her that he was waiting for her to open up, for her to relive the memories and narrate them to him.

"I...I don't want to recall them. Veer, I'm not that strong."  She whispered, blinking back the moisture.

"You are. You are the strongest girl I have ever met. Never say that again." He tightened his hold on her.

"I can't." She denied

"It is fine. You don't have to do it." He said with understanding.

She heard a laced emotion in his voice, something near hurt and distant. She held his palm, intertwining their fingers.

She swallowed her tears back "I'll try but I can't relive it. It brings back everything. Every single thing is so hard on me. I have locked it all and bringing them to you is not easy"

"When you're ready, I'm all ears, Dove. I'm here. Don't force yourself on anything. I'm not going to pester you but I'm here when you need me. Remember this please." He said, kissing her temple. 

Switching the lights he murmured to her  "Go to sleep."

Sleep was hard to find when she felt him awake near her. The light entering through the creaks of the curtain was enough light for her to be comfortable with along with a small glass globe she had found the next day of his return. It was a crystal ball lighting different shades, producing enough light for her to sleep peacefully in.

She knew he brought it for her. She even knew about small things he did for her, she recognized every little effort he made for her.

She wished to tell him, let him be a part of her past just like he did. But all of this was so difficult.  She tried thinking back, all the memories. Good, bad, and worst. All of them came back to her with force, making her heart drop.

"Ira?" He must have noticed the change in her breathing pattern. "Dove, you don't have to think anything. Just breathe please" he rubbed her arms and cupped her face.

"Mishti." She whispered breaking. "Dad used to call me that. He gave me that name but he started calling me that too. Hearing this name n...now makes my skin c...crawl Veer. Dad used to call me with so much l..love and c...a and h...hearing him call me makes me nauseous, I feel disgusted all o...over." 

His hold tightened "Did this man tried to t...touch you inappropriately?" His eyes were blazing.

She blinked the tears letting them cascade down her cheeks, nodding to his question.

"Fucking Bastard" He swore. 

She flinched at the harshness of his curse.

"Shit I'm so sorry, Ira." He took her in his arms, holding her trembling form. "I'm here. I won't let him cross your mind ever again. I'm sorry I asked you to tell me this. I'm so sorry."

She was clinging to him, sitting in his lap as he leaned back at the headboard holding her closer. "He..."

"No Dove. It's fine, you don't have to tell me." He said. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to."

The box was open and it was better if she let him in But only if she will narrate it so strongly. She took his word and kicked the box so far away not wanting to see or think about it anymore.

She kept her head on his chest, snuggling to him as he rubbed her back. She whimpered and he clutched her tight.

"Just ignore the curse, Dove." He said as a disclaimer and she looked up at him blinking "I'll find that fucking excuse of life and ruin him, I'll burn his whole existence, Just tell me a name, Dove. Give me his name" His words held an unspoken promise and she felt like telling him the name then and there.

But something stopped her, it was an invisible string that stopped her to say a name because uttering his name will snatch her sleep for tonight, also it'll involve Veer in her past. Her past will get connected to her present and future and she didn't want that.

Not now, Not ever.

"Dove.."

"I don't want to remember him, Veer. Please" she begged and he closed his eyes harshly as if controlling his rage.

When he opened, he gave her a nod of understanding and settled them both back in bed.

Her head below his, his arms around her, and her palms clutching his t-shirt. Legs entangled and comforter hugging them warm.

"Sleep Ira. I'm here to protect you."

His words were the last thing she heard before succumbing to her exhaustion.

Intense? And they finally kissed! (And did some more :p)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 901 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
733K 22.3K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
3.1M 139K 57
Romance Ranking: #1 on 05/09/17 #2 on 07/08/17 #3 on 06/08/17 ----------- My phone fell down with a loud thud and he trapped me to the headboard of o...
238K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...