The Lucarelli queen

By diane9113

When left at the altar Haley decides to go on a trip to Europe to find her true self. Her plan takes a diffe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 29

10.2K 224 17
By diane9113

My parents left a few days back, I made up with my mom, but Amelia was still mad at me and honestly I was still mad at her and I knew we both needed time to cool off before we try to make up.

Today was the day of my 8 week ultrasound. I couldn't believe I was already 2 months in and this time Riccardo was coming with me and I was so excited. We only needed to tell his parents about the pregnancy and I could only hope that it would finally go better as telling Riccardo and my family didn't go as planned. I wanted to not tell anyone until the third trimester was over but seeing as my parents already knew it felt wrong to keep it a secret from Riccardos parents for another month so we decided we will them soon after this ultrasound.

''Are you ready?'' Riccardo asks me as we sit in the car and are about to leave. I look through my purse to check that I had everything I needed with me.

''Yeah, we can go'' I reply and he just caresses my leg and starts to drive.

''What if we're having twins?'' I ask Riccardo jokingly as we drive to the clinic I was getting my ultrasound

''Then we're having twins'' He simply replies as if one more wouldn't be anything.

We keep talking about the most random stuff while driving and I could feel a little anxiety inside of me about the appointment today, I was scared that something might be wrong, after all we did have a couple of stressful days a while back.

''Good morning Haley and Riccardo'' The doctor says as she walks in the room and I was already sat on the doctor's chair and Riccardo was next to me looking around the room.

''So let's check how the baby is doing'' The doctor says giving us a sweet smile and squeezing the cold jelly on my belly making me flinch at first of how cold it was. The she puts on the transducer on my lower stomach and starts to drag it around looking for the baby.

''There it is!'' She says showing us the screen with a little blob on it, it was so small that it was hard to even tell what it was. She then takes some measurements of the baby while my eyes are still glued to the little bean.

''And this is your baby's heartbeat'' She says and turns on the sound making me and Riccardo hear the fast heart that was beating inside of me. I look over to Riccardo and give him my hand and he just has the biggest smile on his face from hearing the heartbeat.

The doctor finishes up and let's me clean up while she continues to tell us everything we need to know.

''So your due date is 28th September, and the baby is measuring as it should be at 8 weeks so I have no concerns and also the heartbeat was strong so your baby is healthy and growing. And I think the next time I should see you would be around 18-20 weeks, then we can also find out the gender of the baby'' The doctor says looking at us and giving us the most heartwarming smile.

''Okay thank you'' Riccardo says happily as we both get ready and leave.

We drive back home both filled with joy about what doctor had told us.

''When we get back, go pack you bags we're gonna go to Sicily for a few days to visit my parents'' He says and I just nod in agreeing.

The next day, Sicily

"Haley! Riccardo!" I hear Riccardo's mom shout just as we had entered the house and she walks over to greet us.

She pulls me in for a hug which I return and then goes to hug her son.

"Come in guys, are you hungry?" She asks us waving her hand so we follow her to the kitchen.

We walk to the kitchen and just as we enter there is Riccardo's father and two women that I had never seen before.

"This is my best friend Layla and her daughter Gabrielle" she introduces me to the two women.

"Ricky" the younger female, which I believe is Gabriella goes to hug Riccardo and takes him by surprise.

"I haven't seen you in so long" she continues pulling away from the hug still holding on to Riccardo's shoulders and looking at his face giving him a soft smile.

"Come sit, we need to catch up" she says and pulls him over to the table not even establishing that I am there.

I was so confused by what was going on but I knew for sure that this Gabrielle was trouble and had a crush on my man.

"You must be Haley" Layla says as I sit by the table and gives me a sweet smile.

"Paulina has told me so much about you" she then continues and I just give her a soft smile not knowing how to respond.

"Layla has been my best friend since high school" Paulina says sitting next to me and introducing us better.

"Her daughter and Riccardo grew up together, they used to be best friends when they were little" Paulina says looking over to Gabriella and Riccardo talking.

I saw that Riccardo was happy to see her but I trust him so I wasn't worried much.

I talked with Paulina and Layla getting to know her better and she seemed really nice. All of a sudden I got extremely tired and wanted to go down for a nap so I excused myself and Riccardo showed me his room in which we would be staying in.

"Is everything okay?" He asks me as we walk in the room and he looks worried about my sudden decision to leave everyone and go to the room.

"Yes, I just feel really tired, I think I'm gonna take a nap" I say as I sit on the bed and Riccardo only shakes his head as if saying "oh"

"So this Gabrielle, you two seem close" I say while he's still in the room with me.

"Yeah, she's like a sister to me, we grew up together" he calmly says and sits at the end of the bed looking at me.

"We should all go somewhere so you can get to know her better" he then says and rubs my leg lightly and I just nod my head 'yes'.

"I think she has a little crush on you" I say as I release my hair from the ponytail I had and massage my scalp as it hurts from being tied up for so long.

"She doesn't" he says with a little laugh not believing me.

"Are you jealous?" He then says with a smirk still caressing my leg.

"Not at all" I say resting my back against the headboard of the bed.

"Okay, go, I want to sleep" I say and he only laughs and get up to place a kiss on my forehead and leaves the room.

A couple of hours later

I slept for like 2 hours and then woke up feeling really nauseous so I staying in the bed for a bit longer until I felt better and was ready to walk back out to everyone.

I get up from the bed and go to put on some normal clothes before I go look for everyone.

I walk out of the room in the big hallway and I see through the window that Riccardo was out in the garden with Gabrielle and they were just walking around talking. She was laughing and pushing him around. It was so obvious that she liked him and slowly I could feel not liking her being here. I take a deep breath and remember that I trust Riccardo and I know he wouldn't do anything to betray my trust.

"They are so cute together" I hear a woman's voice coming closer to me and I look over to see Layla walking over now with a devilish smirk on her face.

"When they were little me and Paulina would always wish that they would be together when they grow up" she then says as if I was nothing to Riccardo.

"You can't choose who your kids partner for them" I simply say trying to be nice as I didn't want to be rude to Paulina friend.

"I know, but they are just meant to be together and soon enough you will see it too" she says patting my back and giving me a devilish smirk the same one she had before.

"Excuse me?" I say a little shocked by her words.

"Oh honey, you didn't really think Riccardo likes you?" She says with sarcasm in her voice and now frowning her eyebrows.

"If you have a problem with me Layla then keep it to yourself or you will regret talking to me like that" I say now warning her but she only laughs and walks away.

'What the hell, she was so nice to me when we were in the kitchen' I think to myself and go to go outside to see Riccardo.

"Hey, you're up" Riccardo says noticing me coming towards him and he comes to me and pulls me closer to his side by my waist and places a kiss on my head. I look over to Gabrielle who was standing right next to us and I could see her eyes grow with anger. 'Oh game on honey' I think to myself as I have seen her expression.

"Is everything okay?" Riccardo sees as I was mad and asks me.

"Yeah everything is great" I say giving him a smile and placing a kiss on his lips which I return.

"So Gabrielle, I hear your close with Riccardo, we should get to know each other better" I say nicely and waiting for her reaction.

"That's a great idea, I would love that" she says and gives me the fakes smile she could.

"We should all go out to dinner tonight" Riccardo suggest and she just nods her head in agreement.

"I'm gonna go find my mom, see you around" she says looking at Riccardo and just walking around.

I pull away from Riccardo just as soon as she leaves and go to walk away.

"What's wrong with you?" He says pulling me back by my hand and looking worried.

"Nothing" I say sounding a little mad.

"I can see that it's nothing" he says pulling me even more close and holding me by my waist.

"Did I do something?" He asks looking at my eyes and I let out a sigh knowing that he in fact didn't do anything and I shouldn't release my anger on him.

"No, you didn't do anything" I say now looking in his eyes and my face softening.

"Then who? I swear I'm going to put them in their place just tell me who upset you" he asks me now looking with serious eyes into mine.

"It's nothing Riccardo, just had a bad nap" I say and make him leave the subject.

"Come on, we need to get ready for this dinner with your 'friend'" I say sarcastically and Riccardo only looks at me confused but doesn't say anything and just follows her.

At the dinner

We all sat by the table in this nice seaside restaurant. Riccardo was sitting next to me and caressing my leg and Gabrielle sat in front of us.

"So tell me more about you Haley" Gabrielle says with the fakes smile on her face.

''What do you want to know?'' I ask back to her giving her the same expression she gave me.

''Where are you from?'' She asks while putting a napkin on her lap.

''I'm from USA'' I simply reply looking over to Riccardo who was ordering some drinks fro the waiter.

''I thought so'' She says almost in annoyed voice that only I hear as she was speaking under her nose.

We go to order the food and Gabrielle gets the same thing as Riccardo making me fill with rage. She was so desperate and Riccardo saw none of it.

Gabrielle tried to pretend to be nice to me and almost only talked with Riccardo and the only time I got to say anything was when Riccardo asked me something. We got the food brought to us and I finished it first as I wasn't talking while eating.

''You look really good, I can't wait to have you all by myself tonight'' Riccardo softly whispers in my ear leaning closer to me and making me smile not only from his words but also from the jealousy placed over Gabrielle's face.

''Excuse me'' I say as I take my bag and stand up to go to the restroom.

I walk there and let out a deep breath looking at myself in the mirror. 'I need to show that bitch her place' I think to myself as I felt anger from just thinking of her stupid face giving me a fake smile.  I take out my lip gloss from my bag and place place it on my lips as the previous layer had wore off after all the food we had.

I walked back to the table only to see Gabrielle being seated now in my spot next to Riccardo and just as she saw me look at them she goes to whisper something in his ear making me want to walk over and punch her but I keep my calm.

''I want to go home Riccardo'' I say standing next to him and crossing my arms in front of me.

''Are you sure?'' He asks me a little confused.

''I can ask one of the bodyguards to take me home if you want to stay here with Gabrielle'' I say giving him a little warning look and he just nods and gets up from the table.

''Okay, let's go'' He says and wraps his hand around my waist and waits for Gabrielle to get ready to leave and I get annoyed so I just escape his embrace and pull his car keys from his pocket and leave them going to the car.

I was furious, was he really that stupid that he didn't see what she was doing? Or maybe he likes her too? I think to myself as I unlock the car and get in the passenger seat waiting for Riccardo. I get sad thinking about him and Gabrielle, they have known each other for long time and Riccardo has never said that he loves me, I know he loves our baby but does he feel like that about me too?

''What's gotten in to you?'' Riccardo says as he gets in the car and gives me a little mad look.

I just look at him with anger and look away as I see Gabrielle get in the back of the car. I roll my eyes and just sit still looking out of the window the whole ride back to Riccardo's parents house.

When we get there I go to get out just as fast and walk inside the now almost dark house and walk to our room shutting the door and sitting on the bed taking off my heels.

''What's up with you today?'' Riccardo says mad as he walks in and sees me undoing my shoes.

I just ignore him giving him a mad look.

''Don't ignore me Haley!'' He says and I just look at him still not saying anything and walk in the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 5.7K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...
64.6K 1.5K 50
Adria's life is complicated. Her parents don't approve of her life decisions and because of that she's forced to live with her best friend. One night...
2.6K 43 13
Shym Garcia: the worlds known ruthless mafia princess and assassin, emotionless, hot tempered, bad bitch and hot asf Matteo Ricci: Don of the Italian...
88.5K 2.6K 22
"You better find a way to run, princess. When I least expect it." Where pleasure isn't a sin, but a crime you have to run from. Eleanor wanted a vac...