ALMOST

Oleh popularfanfics

"Let's not even exchange names.. we aren't going to see each other anyway after this.." - Taehyung "Can't we... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Mr. 200 dollars
Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit
Chapter 3 - Another coincidence, another embarrassment
Chapter 4 - A Favor
Chapter 5 - Sweets
Chapter 6 - Sleep over
Chapter 7 - Return the favor
Chapter 8 - Something
Chapter 9 - Greater
Chapter 10 - His happiness
Chapter 11 - Similar yet different
Chapter 12 - It was destiny
Chapter 13 - Her family, his home
Chapter 14 - Friendship and Love
Chapter 15 - Five minutes
Chapter 16 - One after another
Chapter 17 - Breaking Up and Breaking Down
Chapter 18 - Time flies
Chapter 19 - Their Past
Chapter 20 - From 'sorry' to 'thank you'
Chapter 21 - That thing called 'ex'
Chapter 22 - Still in love
Chapter 23 - Never Again
Chapter 24 - Don'ts
Chapter 25 - Her question, his answer
Chapter 26 - Pure and Sincere
Chapter 28 - Lovely moments
Chapter 29 - Their very first
Chapter 30 - Till the end

Chapter 27 - Returning to him

777 54 13
Oleh popularfanfics

Mike and Mirae were surprised to see their Jisoo at their house at 10 pm.

“Daughter.. what is.. going on?” asked Mirae as she let her inside confusedly.

She usually calls beforehand if she comes late at night.

Jisoo smiled.

“I just.. wanted to sleep here tonight..” she replied.

She went home first to take a shower and change clothes before deciding to sleep at their place..

“Did you have dinner already?” asked Mike looking at her. “Are you hungry? Do you want me to cook for you?”

Jisoo shook her head.

“I’m not hungry..” she said sighing. “I just.. didn’t want to be alone tonight..”

Mike and Mirae looked at each other in silence.

“Can I sleep in the guest room?” asked Jisoo faking a smile. “My things are also there, right?”

Mirae nodded as she lead her to the room.

“Make sure to rest well..” she said opening the door.

Jisoo looked at the two of them.

“Goodnight.. mom.. dad..”

And then she locked the door.

Mirae went back to her husband.

“Our daughter looks sad.. I wonder what happened..” she said looking worried.

Mike nodded.

“I guess it has something to do with Taehyung.. I saw them at her shop this afternoon and Jisoo was looking at him with sad eyes..”

Mirae sighed.

“But I also see her looking at RM with sad eyes sometimes..” she said wondering to herself.

Meanwhile, Jisoo sat on the floor beside the bed as she looked at Jhope’s photo on the side table.

“You look happy.. I’m jealous..” she whispered to herself. “You must be doing well without me.. or maybe.. you are laughing at me because I can’t even love properly..”

She pulled her knees to her chest and hugged them.

“I.. usually try to be optimistic.. you know that.. but I can’t help but pity myself these days..” she continued.

Then her eyes went to the corner of the room.

Her beloved bike was there..

“I haven’t seen Turtle Rabbit in a long time.. you also seem comfortable there..” she said smiling a little before bursting into tears.

She must be getting crazy..

She keeps on talking to herself like a mad woman..

She has a lot of things to tell other people but why doesn’t she have anyone whom she could talk to?

No.. she has a lot of people around her.. there are lots of them who love her but she keeps on hurting them by pushing them away..

“I.. am really tired of hurting..” she spoke softly as she beat her chest. “I just.. want to be happy at once..”

———————-

Lisa and Jungkook met at a club that night..

Lisa was in deep thoughts as she stared at her drink..

She didn’t know it would be possible to continue loving the same person despite not seeing him for five years..

How could Taehyung oppa and Jisoo still be in love after being separated for a long time?

Is it because they have missed each other so much that their love just became stronger?

And poor RM oppa who is now in between those two..

She was still thinking to herself when Jungkook surprised her making her scream a little.

“I will really kill you one day!” said Lisa hitting him on his back. “Are you crazy? People are looking at me like a weird person!”

Jungkook chuckled.

“It’s because you have been spacing out for a long time.. it was weirder looking at you like that..”

“Then you shouldn’t have looked at me..” said Lisa pouting. “There’s a lot of people around anyway..”

Jungkook smiled.

“I have you before me so why would I look anywhere else?” he said whispering to himself.

Lisa looked at her watch.

“We should leave in a few.. I need to  wake up early tomorrow morning..” she said drinking from her glass.

Jungkook’s brows furrowed.

“Where are you going? Who are you meeting?”

Lisa sighed.

“My parents set me up on a blind date with the son of the K Company..” she replied.

Jungkook stood from his seat startling her.

“WHAT?” he asked in a loud voice.

Lisa looked around them and noticed everyone was looking at them.

“What are you doing? Sit down!” she said pulling him down. “Why are you being so crazy tonight? It’s not like I said I’m going to get married tomorrow and-..”

“But a blind date set up by your parents might lead to a potential marriage..” said Jungkook still shocked.

Lisa leaned her back against the seat.

“I know.. but that will not happen soon..” she replied.

“Then are you saying it will really happen not soon but in the future?” asked Jungkook baffled.

Lisa nodded.

“I should also get married, shouldn’t I?” she said shrugging her shoulders.

Jungkook let out a sigh.

“What about me?”

Lisa’s brows narrowed.

“You should get married too..”

Jungkook sat beside her.

“You..” he said pointing at her. “You cannot get married before me..”

Lisa flicked him on his forehead.

“Who are you to prevent me from marrying?” she asked annoyed. “I need another drink.. you keep making me mad..”

She called the waiter to get a few more drinks and Jungkook did the same.

“Let’s see who’ll get drunk first..” said Jungkook smirking. “The loser will have to listen to the winner.. okay?”

Lisa smiled onesidedly.

“Whatever.. I won’t lose anyway..”

———————-

It was Saturday morning and Jisoo has just opened the shop..

She looked around the kitchen and was reminded of what happened with her and Taehyung last night..

That kiss.. made her emotional by sending her back to the past when they were still dating..

Did she kiss him passionately because she thought he was still her boyfriend?

Or was she using that excuse so she could kiss him?

She looked at the clock and noticed it was already past 10 am..

Taehyung is late today..

Did he go home safely last night? Did he forget he has a part time today?

Why isn’t he here yet?

She went out of the kitchen and saw a man standing before the cashier..

It must be a customer.. a young customer..

He honestly looks like a student..

Did she make him wait for long?

“How may I help you?” she asked smiling.

The young man handed her a paper.

She opened it and realized it was the notice she had posted at the university about a month ago when she was looking for a part timer..

“Professor Kim from the university told me you were looking for a part-timer on Saturday and Sunday..” the  young man said. “My name is Mashiho.. pleased to meet you..”

Jisoo had to let that sink in for a few seconds.

“Professor Kim told me you are an old friend of his..” Mashiho continued. “I’m willing to learn a lot from you..”

Jisoo was only able to smile.

An old friend.. of Professor Kim..

A friend.. being called one.. does it usually hurt like this?

“Mashiho.. nice to meet you..” she said softly. “Could you wait here for a moment while I get something?”

She hurriedly went to the kitchen and let the tears she has been holding to fall..

It seems like.. Taehyung will never come back..

She successfully pushed him out of her life for the second time..

She must be feeling great.. she must be happy..

But her heart feels like being ripped into pieces..

She must be the most foolish woman in the entire world by sending away the only man she loves in her life..

———————-

The day after..

Jisoo went to the cemetery with Mirae and Mike as it was the day they were transfering Jhope’s ashes next to her parents.

RM was also there.

It was him who helped Jisoo to get all the papers needed and was with her through all the process.

“Thank you.. RM oppa..” said Jisoo unable to look at him. “You even came today and drove us here.. I’m really thankful..”

RM smiled.

“This is nothing..” he said looking at her. “I promised I’d come today, didn’t I?”

Jisoo smiled shyly.

There was a moment of silence before RM spoke again.

He looked around them and realized Jhope’s parents were quite far from them.

“Jisoo.. you look like you have been crying a lot lately..” he said worried seeing her swollen and red eyes. “Are you.. getting enough sleep and rest?”

Jisoo looked at him and raised her brows together.

Well.. she did cry.. a little.. and to be honest.. she hasn’t slept well for the past few days..

“You.. don’t tell me you pushed him away again..” said RM sighing.

Jisoo turned her head away.

“You shouldn’t feel bad for me Jisoo..” RM continued. “Seeing two people I love hurting because of me.. that’ll make me feel worse..”

Jisoo looked at him slowly as her eyes glistened with tears.

“Oppa.. I.. am sorry-..”

“If you’re sorry then you should at least be happy for my sake.. if you rejected me then you should be together with him..” said RM tapping her arm gently. “Do you understand me? Do you understand what I’m telling you?”

Jisoo lowered her gaze as she wiped her tears.

RM lifted her chin.

“Didn’t you say.. you have been hurt enough?” he said softly. “Then I hope you stop hurting yourself anymore..”

Jisoo didn’t say anything and was just looking at him until RM’s phone rang.

She cleared her throat as she took a step away from him.

“You should answer your phone oppa.. I’ll tell mom and dad that we should go back home now..”

RM nodded.

“Alright.. I’ll meet you at the parking then..” he replied as he took his phone out of his pocket.

Jisoo went away leaving him alone.

She found Mike and Mirae still standing before her parents’ and Jhope’s grave.

“Do you think.. your parents have forgiven us, Jisoo?” asked Mirae turning to her.

Jisoo smiled as she put herself in between them and held their hands tightly.

“My mom.. and my dad.. loved you a lot..” she said as she stared at her parents’ picture. “If there was hate in their hearts.. I’m sure it was easily replaced by a greater love after you took me in and raised me in their stead.. I’m sure they loved you more than they despised you.. and I’m certain that they have long forgiven you..”

Mike choked back a sob as he felt guilty for ruining their families.

It was all his fault.. it was all because of him..

His mistake cost him his bestfriends’ and son’s lives..

And that is something he will regret forever..

Jisoo kissed the two of them on their cheeks.

“I kissed you on Jhope’s stead..” she said giggling. “He used to kiss you a lot when he was younger but he stopped when he started dating..”

Mirae chuckled.

“Did he date a lot?” she asked curiously.

Jisoo nodded.

“He must have dated every girl in our old school..”

Mike laughed.

“I should have beaten him up more..”

They were walking towards the parking hand in hand when they saw RM running to them.

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I can drive you home aunt.. uncle..” he said catching his breath.

Mirae and Mike looked at each other.

Jisoo also looked confused.

Did something happen?

“Jisoo.. you need to come with me to the hospital..” RM continued speaking making her even more nervous.

“Why? Is someone sick?” asked Mike.

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

Hospital? She hates going there and he knows that..

“Jisoo..” RM took a deep breath. “Taehyung got into an accident and they said he’s in the hospital right now..”

Jisoo felt her whole world crumble the moment RM’s words sunk in..

“W-what.. did you.. just say, oppa?” she asked as her eyes quivered.

There’s no way she heard him right..

She must be having another nightmare..

This can’t be true..

“He.. got into an accident..” RM said again in a low voice. “Taehyung.. did..”

———————-

Jisoo’s hands were trembling as she entered the hospital with RM.

Just the smell of the hospital makes her feel sick..

She doesn’t know how many times she has been there.. from visiting her mom weekly for 10 years until she passed away and she also had to stay there for a few months to be cured from depression..

She was trying to hold back her tears as RM asked some nurses where the Emergency Room was..

They were instructed to go to the other building making her more anxious..

Where could Taehyung be?

Did he get hurt badly?

What happened to him? Why did he get into an accident?

RM glanced at her and noticed she was shaking a lot.

“Jisoo.. are you okay?” he asked as he held her by her arm.

She nodded.

“Let’s find him quickly.. I want to see how he is..” she said on the verge of tears.

RM sighed.

It was Jungkook who called him about the accident but he said he didn’t about Taehyung’s situation yet as he hasn’t arrived yet at the hospital either.

He stopped a nurse.

“We have a friend who was taken here after getting into an accident.. where should we go to find him?”

The nurse pointed to the right.

“The patients who were taken by the ambulance are all there.. if he was taken here just recently then he might be there..”

Jisoo quickly went to that direction almost leaving RM behind.

She looked left and right as she tried to look for Taehyung..

And every step she took made her heart feel heavy..

And when she saw a man lying down alone with a white blanket covering him from head to toe.. she couldn’t control her tears anymore..

RM was just behind her as he couldn’t understand what he was feeling that moment..

They looked at all the patients in the ER yet they weren’t able to find him..

And this patient.. or maybe.. the deceased.. who is lying down all covered in a blanket is the only one left..

Jisoo covered her mouth as she continued crying while looking at the man lying under the white blanket.

“Taehyung oppa..” she called him gently as she tried to reach her hand to him but she couldn’t..

She withdrew her hand and just kept on crying nonstop.

“Oppa.. you.. you must be kidding, right?” she said wiping her tears. “You.. are doing this because you wanted to take a revenge on me, aren’t you? I’m sorry.. I’m sorry for pushing you away.. I am really sorry oppa..”

But nothing was heard.

There was only silence.

She walked closer to him.

“You.. didn’t even come yesterday to the shop.. you didn’t submit your resignation letter.. and you.. think I’ll let you be? I told you I can fire you but you cannot quit by yourself!”

Her legs collapsed on the floor feeling weak.

“You.. cannot do this to me oppa.. you.. shouldn’t do this to me.. you.. cannot leave me like this.. I haven’t even-..” she took a deep breath as she tried to compose herself. “I haven’t even told you that I love you.. that I have always loved you.. that I did nothing but to love you all these years.. I love you oppa.. I really.. really love you.. so please.. don’t do this to me..”

RM patted her back gently before helping her up.

“Jisoo.. you’re tiring yourself..” he said whispering to her.

Jisoo’s tears kept falling as her eyes continued staring at the man under the blanket.

Then a nurse came and approached the two of them.

“Perhaps.. are you the victim’s relatives?”

Jisoo and RM turned to the nurse and nodded.

“Will you help me sign the papers? We have been waiting for his relatives for a few hours already..” said the nurse.

RM’s brows narrowed.

A few hours already?

He just nodded his head and left Jisoo there to sign the documents.

Jisoo was just standing there.

There’s nothing she can think of right now..

Her mind has completely been emptied..

All her thoughts disappeared..

And her heart feels nothing.. it has gone numb..

She was continuously shedding tears as she stared blankly in the air when a woman with her little daughter passed by her and stopped before the man whom she thinks is Taehyung..

“Honey..” the woman called him as she cried loudly while holding her child’s hand.

The child looked at her mom.

“Is dad here?” asked the little girl curiously.

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

Honey? Dad?

Her tears suddenly dried as she became confused..

And just a few moments later, RM came back to her..

“Jisoo.. that isn’t Taehyung..” he said whispering to her.

He was only able to realize it after the nurse showed him the wallet.

He saw the ID card and the victim turns out to be a middle aged man..

“Huh?” Jisoo looked back at the woman and her child. “Then.. where is Taehyung oppa?”

RM didn’t know either.

Jungkook isn’t even answering his calls..

Maybe he made a mistake in telling him the name of the hospital?

He must have also been shocked and said a wrong one..

He was still thinking about it when a familiar voice called his name..

“RM oppa.. and.. Jisoo, right?”

Irene.

His ex who crashed his heart multiple times..

“Did you two... come here because of Taehyung?” asked Irene.

RM nodded.

“I saw him being taken to get treated earlier and he should be-..”

Then Irene pointed behind them.

“There he is.. his right arm got dislocated but it’s nothing serious..” she continued.

Jisoo turned around and saw Taehyung walking to their direction as he touched the cast on his right arm..

Her tears fell again while running to him hurriedly.

“Oppa!” she called him loudly as she buried her face on his chest while hugging him tightly.

Taehyung was surprised to see her.

He was only able to call Jungkook before his phone ran out of battery.

Did he call Jisoo? And RM hyung?

He saw him standing a few meters away from him with Irene beside him.

Then he felt Jisoo tremble as she cried making his heart break.

Why is she crying so hard? Seeing her in tears is even more painful than breaking his arm..

Jisoo pulled away a little to look at his face.

“Why did you get hurt? Why did you get into an accident?” she asked beating his chest. “I told you to be careful always! How can you always get in trouble everytime?”

She was already feeling bad when he got his arm burned the other time.. then he got a cut on his finger and even took a punch from RM oppa and now this!

Does he want to see her dead?

Taehyung held her hands with one hand.

“Do you plan to give me more injuries? Why are you beating me up?” he asked smiling a little.

He thought he wasn’t going to see her again closely..

He thought she was going to disappear from his sight again..

But here she is.. crying beautifully with those cute swollen eyes while pouting those tempting lips of hers..

“I missed you..” he said softly as he wiped her tears.

Jisoo took a deep breath as she tried to control her emotions.

Does he know how shocked she was when she heard he got into an accident?

And when she saw that poor man covered in blanket.. her heart sank..

“Do you think it’s the time to tell me you missed me?” she asked almost angry.

She took a moment to look at his face.

“I thought I was going to lose you too..” she said softly as she cried again.

“I thought.. you were going to leave me just like my parents.. and my bestfriend.. I thought I wasn’t going to see you again oppa.. you.. are the only one I have.. so please.. do not scare me like this anymore..”

Taehyung pushed the hair that was covering her face and tucked it behind her ears.

“I’m sorry.. but you look too pretty even when crying..” he said smiling at her.

Jisoo hit him on his chest and Taehyung winced in pain.

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t want to hit you hard but you were-..” Jisoo felt apologetic and lowered her gaze.

“I think I need something..” said Taehyung breathing loudly.

Jisoo was alarmed.

Did she really hurt him badly? Is he having a difficulty in breathing?

“I need a hug..” said Taehyung smiling wide before pulling her into his arms. “I really missed you Jisoo..”

Jisoo’s lips curled up as she slowly wrapped her arms around his back.

Taehyung kissed her on top of her head.

His happiness.. his home.. his family.. his love.. has finally returned to him..

Coincidentally.. he got into the accident by avoiding to hit a little girl riding a bike in the middle of the street..

He can now understand why his parents turned the car to avoid Jisoo 15 years ago..

When he found himself in the same situation, he had no other thought in his mind but to save that girl’s life instead of his own..

And he knows it wasn’t the girl’s fault..

It wasn’t her who asked to be saved..

It was his own decision..

Just like his parents’..

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

665K 38.4K 26
Risking everything for love, Taehyung finally allows himself to listen to whom his heart is calling for, no other than Jungkook, his best friend. How...
16.4K 1.1K 27
Two people meet in an unexpected journey. They found love in each other. But they where unaware of the upcoming tragedy which will change their life...
500K 23.8K 63
He cut her off in between and looked right into her eyes. "You want me to strike a deal with you?" He raked his eyes over her from head to toe and s...
22.1K 534 18
A simple girl who used to get bullied in the past when she was young is now a fashion designer along with her sister. She didn't got the love she de...