The Lucarelli queen

By diane9113

When left at the altar Haley decides to go on a trip to Europe to find her true self. Her plan takes a diffe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 28

10.5K 233 2
By diane9113

''Good morning'' My mom says as she enters the kitchen with my dad and sits down by the table next to me.

''Good morning'' I reply while slowly sipping my morning cup of coffee. Sitting next to my sister and next to her was Zane.

''How did you sleep?'' I ask her and she gives me a sweet smile.

''Very good, thank you honey for all of this'' She says while placing her hand over mine and caresses it slowly.

''I thought I could show you a little bit of Italy if you guys are up for it'' I say looking for their reaction.

''We didn't come here for nothing'' My sister says before anyone else could say anything and it just makes me laugh.

''Great, then enjoy your breakfast and we will leave in 2 hours'' I say and they nod as I go to leave.

''Is it just us going or someone else too?'' My dad asks just as I was about to leave the kitchen to go get ready.

''Bella and Riccardo are also coming'' I say giving them a smile and leave.

I go up to mine and Riccardo's bedroom and go to take a shower. I get undressed and stand only in my underwear looking at my stomach that was still fairly flat but it defiantly was starting to show, but it looked like I only have had a bigger meal and not like I had a baby in there. I stop staring at myself and get in the shower and let the warm water kiss my skin.

***

We all had left the house and went to go show some part of Italy to my family. The car ride was fun, we all talked and laughed about all the things I had missed happening back home. I found out that my sister had gotten mad at her husband and threw a cup at him missing him but breaking the cup and then running away and crying. Judging by the look on her face when the story was getting told she looked like she could throw a cup at each one of us at the exact moment.

We arrived at our second destination. And as we walked Riccardo was holding my hand but no one seemed to be bothered by it like the first time they saw as together, but maybe they were just focused on the beauty around them.

''Hey, can I talk to you?'' I hear my sister say as she pats on my shoulder making me notice her. I nod my head and pull away from Riccardo and walking with her now.

''What is it?'' I ask her worriedly as she sounded serious.

''Are you coming home with us?'' She asks and I stop for a second before continuing to walk.

I sigh ''No'' I say looking at her and her face seems to grow confused.

''Why not? You haven't been home in almost two moths and you only meant to come for Christmas'' She says then as if trying to convince me to go back to America with them.

''I can't Amelia'' I say looking down t the floor.

''Why can't you?'' She asks almost sounding a little mad and stopping me while everyone else passes us and continuous to walk forward us staying behind.

''Because my home is here Amelia'''I say to her trying to make her not mad at me.

''Haley...'' She goes to say before I stop her.

''Amelia, please don't, I know all of you miss me but I just can't go back to America, my home is now here, with Riccardo'' I say defeated, why does everything have to be so complicated. My family has always stayed close by each other for many generations and I knew they wouldn't understand me wanting to move so far away from them.

''I love him Amelia, and I tried to let him go twice but both times the universe dragged us back together and I'm done fighting it, I want to be here, I belong here'' I say hoping she out of all people would understand.

''Do you even hear yourself? You're just in this honeymoon phase and soon enough you will be running back home to us'' She sounds mad and now she is making me mad.

''Can you just understand me for once and support the decision I make for myself?'' I now raise my voice making her understand how serious I was.

''Not when you're doing something stupid'' she says and crosses her arms above her big belly.

''What's going on girls?'' I hear my moms voice say as she has made her way over to us.

''She's not coming back to America with us'' My sister says not breaking eye contact with me.

''Is that true Haley?'' My mom looks over to me with worry in her face.

''Yes it is mom'' I feel mad about my sister doing this to me.

''But honey'' My mom goes to say when I interrupt.

''Just don't mom'' I let out a breath in defeat as I see Bella stand further away with Riccardo.

''I don't understand Haley'' My mom says looking for answers as my sister still stares at me with anger.

''Can we please not talk about this now and here'' I almost beg.

''Her home is here mom, she's not coming back'' My sister says sounding really mad.

''I still don't understand'' My moms voice grow with worry.

''She's staying here for Riccardo'' My sister says and I look up at her giving her an warning look.

''But honey, that's not good enough reason to leave your life in America and come here for a guy you're not even married to.'' As the words leave my moms mouth I just couldn't keep it in anymore.

''Is having his baby good enough a reason to stay?'' I almost scream tears now coming from my eyes as I look at my mother who's face was filled with surprise and I could see as my sister relaxes and now feels awkward.

As I place my hands over my face to hide the pain I was feeling I feel Riccardo's hands on my shoulders trying to comfort me.

''Oh and by the way this baby was made with love and because we both wanted it not just some one night stand as you might think and I knew I wanted to live here long before the baby came around and if it is that hard for you to understand then I have nothing more to say to you'' I say my voice raised and tears coming down my face as the people I call my family stand in front of me now their eyes filled with regret and sadness.

''I want to go home'' I turn to Riccardo and say as I face him and he just nods and wraps my hand around me walking us to the car with Bella following close behind.

I see as my family gets in the other car and we all drive away back to my home. I cried the whole way to the house and Bella with Riccardo tried to calm me down.

My family believed that children should only come after marriage and that any other way it would be wrong. I never liked this way of thinking but I never worried about it as I wasn't planning having kids or getting married anytime soon and then I met Riccardo and things just happened and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I knew that this baby was made with love and me and Riccardo loved each other more than some married couples did.

When we got to the house I immediately walked in before seeing anyone of my family and just walked up to our bedroom. Soon after me Bella and Riccardo came in the room.

''Can I talk to her alone?'' Bella asked and Riccardo just gave her a nod and a sad smile before pressing a kiss on my head and leaving us.

''Haley, I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now but I am here for you, and so is Riccardo'' She says as she hugs me.

''If they don't want to be your family, you still have us, because you are our family and were long before all of this happened'' She then says making me feel better that I had at least someone who didn't think I was just being stupid.

''And I'm sure they'll come around, they just need time to process all of this'' She continues to say as she caresses my back.

''Thank you Bella, it means a lot'' I say back to her and look up to her giving her a smile and pulling her in a tight hug.

We get interrupted by a knock on the door.

''Haley, it's me, can we please talk?'' I hear my fathers voice from the other side of the door and look over to Bella who just gives me a smile and stands up. I stand up just about as she goes to leave the room and opens the door making me face my father who had a devastated look and walks in the room shutting the door behind himself.

''I'm really sorry for how Amelia acted, she had no right to do that to you'' He says still keeping his distance.

My dad never really knew what to say at moments like these but he always tried. My dad was my best friend my whole childhood and I would go to him before I went to anyone else. And he always made sure me and my sister felt loved and he always said how proud he was of us. He was the best dad anyone could wish for. Don't get me wrong, my mom was also amazing but she just had these standards that didn't meet mine and she is the type of woman to think that she is right in everything.

''Haley, I am so proud of the woman you have become and you always will be my little pumpkin, and as much as it is every dad's worst nightmare to see their little girl grow up and find a different man to protect her and cherish her and make us dads feel useless'' He says now taking my hands and making me look in his eyes. ''I am happy for you, and if your life is here in Italy then so be it, you will always be my little girl no matter how far you are'' My dad says now making me tear up again.

''You're always gonna be my best friend dad and I'll always need you no matter how far I am and with who I am'' I say now giving him a hug which he returns. ''I love you dad'' I say burying myself in his warm embrace.

''I love you too my little pumpkin'' He says while hugging me and giving me all the fatherly love he could.

''And I'm gonna deal with your mother and sister, they will come around eventually and you know that'' He says while we pull away from the hug but he still holds on my shoulders and looks at my eyes.

''I'm sorry you had to find out this way'' I say trying to look down to the floor but my dad grabs my chin and makes me look back up at him.

''It wasn't your fault Amelia got mad and blabbered everything out that wasn't for her to tell'' He says and wipes away the one tear that was on my face.

I go to hug my dad again and just as we hug the door opens and sad Riccardo enters the room and my dad pulls away from the hug and greets Riccardo.

''Congratulations, I am so happy for you both'' My dad says to both of us making me and Riccardo smile.

''Take good care of her'' My dad says as he pats Riccardo on the shoulder and leaves the room.

''How are you feeling?'' Riccardo asks me and pulls me in his arms.

''Much better now'' I say giving him a reassuring smile which he returns and kisses the tip of my nose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 4.2K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...
64.5K 1.5K 50
Adria's life is complicated. Her parents don't approve of her life decisions and because of that she's forced to live with her best friend. One night...
6.4K 282 35
Who would've imagined that the Italian mafia princess had a devil waiting for her in the city of Russia? โ—โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌเน‘เน‘โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ— โ•ฐโ”ˆโซธ ๐‘บ ๐’€ ๐‘ต ๐‘ถ ๐‘ท ๐‘บ ๐‘ฐ ๐‘บ: ๐‘...
17.3K 41 5
Ariadne Greco has never been able to take her life in her own hands. Every aspect of it was controlled by her power hungry father who was eager to ga...