Ghost Of You | cth

By bbyloncal95

"Promise me you'll be fine?" She said as the two of held onto each other's hands for dear life. "I'll be just... More

Prologue
1. Meet You There
2. Woke Up In Japan
4. Best Friend
5. Monster Among Men
6. I Can't Take It
7. I Won't Break Your Heart Again
8. Youngblood
9. 'Til The Day I Die
10. I'm Pulling Away
11. Empty Wallets
12. Second Chances
13. Sugar Coated Pain
14. Sugar Coated Brain
15. More
16. We're Missing Out
17. Like I'm Standing Behind The Door
18. Something's Broken
19. Why Won't You Love Me
20. I Hold Back The Tears
21. You Never Heard
22. You're With Me
23. Valentine
24. Full Plate, Don't Wait
25. Fall More In Love Every Day
26. I Can Take You Out
27. Better Man
28. With Your Love
29. The First To Fall
30. Talk Fast
31. Knitted Sweater For Two
32. Lie To Me
33. Flashing Back To New York City
34. Too Hard To Forget
35. I Can Make It
36. If Walls Could Talk
37. Oh, But I'm giving In
38. Moving Along
39. Babylon
40. Watch It All Fall Down
41. Won't Last, I'm Okay With That
42. Want You Back
43. Ghost Of You: Part 1
44. Ghost Of You: Part 2
Epilogue

3. Falling Fast, Breathing Slow

4K 98 68
By bbyloncal95

~Calum
August 2, 2015

"I will totally beat your ass at air hockey." Michael challenges Luke.

"Try me, mate." Luke fights back going around to the other side of the hockey table.

This was the first time any of us had been to Japan and it was quite exciting.

We were inside of this arcade with more games than you could ever imagine.

Ashton and Paige were racing each other in a game called Final Lap, but I was over here too intrigued to see who would win.

It's no secret to anyone that Michael is the 'gamer guy' of the band and gets incredibly competitive when he's up against someone.

The two begin hitting the hockey puck back in forth trying to make it into each others slots.

The determination in their face and body language was apparently not enough to keep my attention because I hear Paige squeal from behind me.

I turn around to go check in on how they're doing and find myself smiling at the girl.

She is so focused on beating Ashton that her eyes are practically glued to the screen and she doesn't even notice me standing beside her.

Ever since the two of us broke up 2 years ago, things have been okay. Except for the fact that I'm still not over her.

When the two of us became a couple, it was like a match made in heaven.

It was the type of thing that was expected and just made sense.

"Ashton!" Paige yells keeping her eyes on the screen and her hands on the steering wheel, "You just drove straight into me!"

"That's the point of the game!" Ashton yells back giggling at her frustration.

Their game only has one lap left until it's finished so I decide to lean up against the machine and wait.

Tour has been going amazing so far. I was honestly more nervous for this one than when we opened for One Direction. Reason being, that this time was the real deal.

Being the main artist that the fans come to see is a big deal and it still hasn't made sense in my mind that all of these people come out to see us.

We've sold out arenas and met more fans than I could count. It's just all very insane.

"Yes!" I hear Ashton shout. "I win, Paige lost!" He celebrates standing up from his seat.

"No fair!" Paige whines looking at Ashton in envy that he just beat her. "You have more muscle power than me, meaning that I had a disadvantage."

"Someone's a sore loser." He says rubbing it in her face even more.

"I am not a sore loser!" She fights back.

Paige is tough. She's always been able to match our humor and level of conversation. The four of us are brothers, so when we insult each other or say something that you normally wouldn't say to someone who's just a friend, it's considered normal to us.

When Paige became our friend and started hanging out with us all the time, it was as if nothing about that changed.

Besides the fact that I have the deepest and strongest feelings for her.

"They're calling us back on the tour bus." Luke says putting his phone back in his pocket.

We begin walking with Michael following reluctantly behind us, "What's up with him?" I ask Luke.

"He lost to me at air hockey, so he's pouting like a sore loser."  He explains.

"Same with this one over here." Ashton says referring to Paige.

"I already said I am not a sore loser!" She says shoving Ashton, but not hard enough to knock him down.

"Alright, alright I'm sorry," Ashton says raising his hands up in defense. Not a second later until he cups his hand over his mouth so that she doesn't see and mouths to me and Luke, "Sore loser."

Paige walks onto the bus first and heads straight for the back of the bus, the lounge area.

"Gus bus!" Luke shouts as he walks on behind me.

"Luke will you give that up already," Michael says still annoyed with him. "That was 3 years ago."

"Gus bus will never die." Ashton defends.

I roll my eyes at their childish behavior and sit down next to Paige.

Due to how hot it was in Japan today, Paige was wearing a red crop top, a pair of shorts that showed off her beautiful tan legs, and black converse.

I could hardly wait to get back to the hotel room. My jeans felt like they were getting tighter by the minute.

Trying to control my mind I start a conversation with her, "You get any good photos at the arcade?"

"A ton!" She says excitedly, taking the treasured camera out of its case.

"Wanna see?" She asks earning a nod from me.

She turns it on and begins to flick through the pictures, "They're not edited yet so don't judge."

"I would never judge work done by you."

She looks to me appreciatively before turning her attention back to the screen.

"I got this really good one of you and Michael playing that shooting game." Paige says turning the screen slightly towards me so I could see.

"That's a good one, it's funny." I say letting out a soft laugh at the determined look on our faces as we tried to beat each other.

She leans back into the couch to get more comfortable and continues to scroll through the photos. Her eyes showed pure pride and happiness at the pictures she took.

It makes me so happy seeing her being proud of herself.

She continues showing me the pictures until we arrive back to the hotel, not boring me in the slightest.

As the boys get up and exit first, Paige goes to stand up but I stop her, pushing her back down on the couch by the waist lightly.

Her eyes grow wide as she looks at me, not expecting me to do that.

"What Cal?" She asks concerned at the way I'm acting.

"Do you know how crazy you make me?" I say, my voice deep and filled with lust.

Her mouth opens partly and soft, but fast breaths escape through them.

When she doesn't respond, I take this as my chance to finally connect our lips together after these past few days of having no alone time together.

Her lips are quick to respond and they move in time with mine, clearly we were both just as hungry and needy for each other.

Paige's body reacts positively to this as she wraps both legs around my torso and sits facing me, straddling me.

Her hands find they're favorite place at the nape of my neck, where my curls end. She keeps up with the kiss and tangles her fingers through them making a groan escape from my throat.

I remove my mouth from her lips and move them to her cheek, to jaw, and finally settle on her neck.

Her eyes are closed in pleasure as I suck and nick my teeth at the spot on her neck that makes her the most weak.

She is completely sold to me at this point.

"Mm Cal," She whines tugging at my hair a bit harder. This only encourages me to continue.

Paige tilts her head to the side slightly in order to allow me more access on her neck, I continue.

I pull away to admire the purple and red mark that I created on her neck. A small smirk tugs on my lips as I admire what I did.

"Who did this to you?" I ask the out of breath girl sitting too close to where I need her most.

"You did Calum." She says opening her eyes and connecting them with mine.

"That's right."

Her pupils appear ten times more dilated, it amazes me how fast I can turn her on.

I guess I forgot to mention that the two of us found a way to take care of the lingering feelings we have for each other.

I take initiative into switching our positions and lay her flat down on her back onto the couch, with me hovering over her.

She smiles widely and is about to let out a laugh, that no doubt would've been adorable, but I quickly swallow it by engulfing her lips with mine.

My hands settle onto her waist, keeping her firmly pressed into the cushion. A few of my fingers rest on her exposed stomach, letting me feel the warmth of her soft skin.

Luckily, everyone has gotten off the bus by now and went inside the hotel. Ever since tour started back up again, Paige and I have hardly ever had alone time together. You can imagine just how hard that's been for the both of us.

It's such a hard thing having an undeniable attraction with a person you can't be with.

It's frustrating and makes my mind hurt just thinking about it.

"Can I take these off?" I ask referring to her jean shorts that are teasing me in such a way.

Her eyes snap open, concerning me immediately, "Um actually," She says shyly while sitting up. "I was gonna ask if we could talk."

My heart beats rapidly in my chest with nerves, but I comply and get off of her.

We now sit facing each other on the couch with flushed cheeks and out of breath composures.

"What's up?" I ask ready to listen to whatever it is that's bothering her.

Her head stays downward as she looks down at her hands placed in her lap, she's nervous about something. "Whatever it is, you can tell me." I assure her.

"I don't want you to take this in the wrong way." She says looking back at me.

I stay silent allowing her to continue. Paige and I haven't gotten this serious with each other since we broke up 2 years ago.

"You're my best friend above everything Cal," She says letting out a shaky breath. "And I understand why we continue sleeping with each other." She's so nervous that she starts picking at her finger nails.

I can see her hands slightly shake as she continues. Paige hardly ever gets nervous around me and I don't like it when she does.

"I just don't think it's a good idea to continue." She finishes off with looking back at me.

"And why's that?" I say not following.

"Because...I'm afraid it will go even further."

I'm taken aback by her answer and slightly offended as well.

"Why would it be a bad thing if we took things ever further?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. I've been waiting for the day Paige takes me back, for a very long time.

I've kept my mouth shut and gone along with whatever she felt comfortable doing because I care about her more than I care about myself.

She doesn't answer so I continue, "Is being in a committed relationship with me really that bad of an idea to you?" I ask starting to figure it out.

"No Calum!" Shes quick to stop me. "Thats not what it is at all, I swear."

"Then what is it?" I ask growing impatient. In a way it feels like she's been messing with my emotions for 3 years now, even though I know she would never purposely do that.

I don't want Paige to just be some sort of fuck buddy. She is so much more to me than that.

"I guess I'm just scared of what the media will do to my image if they see that we're together again." She says convincing me with her answer. I believe her because I know what it did to her and how it's stuck with her all these years.

The fans got jealous that a gorgeous girl our age was going on tour with us to take pictures and spend time with us. So of course, instead of supporting her, they tore her image apart and spread false rumors like a wildfire.

"I won't let them do anything!" I grab her hands trying to show her who's in power here.

If I defend her from the fans, they are more than likely to listen to me. But I know better than to do that and go against what our managers allow us to do.

"There's nothing you can do about this Calum." She says sadly, getting teary eyed the more she speaks.

"But-" I try to come up with some sort of reasoning, but she cuts me off and doesn't let me.

"Nothing will work." She says in a soft tone and I know she just feels defeated, as do I. "The fans think that I slept with all four of you to keep my job as the bands photographer."

Paige is so sad at this point in the conversation. The fans and their rumors have tore her apart. It breaks my heart and makes me beyond upset to see her like this.

I rub my thumb over her hand to provide some sort of comfort, and show her that I'm still listening.

"I just feel like I give and I give, but receive nothing but hate in return." A tear slips from her eye but she's quick to swipe it away.

She's always been the strongest person in the group.

"Maybe this is our chance to prove that none of that is true." I try to convince her once more.

I feel so defeated knowing there's not much I can do about this.

She shakes her head and sighs letting a few more tears fall onto her flushed cheeks.

Letting the conversation go, I wrap my arms around her and pull her into my chest. As she cries and lets it all out, I place my hand on her head and run my fingers through her hair in attempt to sooth her.

"I'm sorry Calum, so so sorry." She sobs into my chest.

"No," I stop her from putting the blame onto herself. "I'm sorry."

As she continues to let everything she feels out, I can't help but think that there's more to this that she's not telling me.

Paige would never lie to me though. Right?

A/N
Hello lovely people! We love a good flashback every now and then.

Follow my twitter so we can talk all things fanfiction! @calsluver

You can watch the trailer for this fic on my tiktok! https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdMoePpW/

Thank you for reading! Love you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 1.8K 72
"You're just out of my limit." Ashton said. "Do you know what our experiences has been like? A roller coaster. We both had our ups and downs. We bo...
503 63 15
"Hey, hey, no need to be crying, or shaking, we're normal people," Ashton says. "We're idiots, sometimes," Luke chuckles. "Idiots who have po...
252K 4.3K 19
(trigger warnings for some chapters) these are for times when you want to read about the inevitable that involve people you love. grab some tissues...
104K 3.2K 62
Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst. ©Copyright TheJininNamJin ®All rights reserved to TheJininNamJin