Pandya Store - Shiva Raavi (...

By RitaSkeeterIF

[COMPLETE] Synopsis: "So, Hetal, red chilies fell as two people bumped into each other. To be precise, Raavi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Penultimate Chapter)
Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)
Chapter 43 (Epilogue Series 1)
Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)
Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)
Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)
Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)
Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

Chapter 17

969 52 13
By RitaSkeeterIF

Raavi jerked up sleepily as she heard Dhara Di's voice yell "Raavi! Raavi! Wake up!" and bang their bedroom door. She pushed herself up, cracked one eye open, and looked over to the clock, which read 3:55 AM. Protesting the disturbance, she muttered five minutes and went to sleep.

"RAAVI!!" Dhara Di's voice called out again. Groaning, as she tried pushing herself to get up and wake up, "OW!" hissed Shiva, "are you trying to kill me? And you are again sleeping ON top of me. Kuch toh raham karo, dinosaur kahinki." He gave her a tough time just because it was 4 AM and she still smelled like a cupcake.

"Shut up" muttered Raavi. She sat up on the bed and focused on keeping her eyes open.

"Ja! See why Dhara Bhabhi is calling you."

"Karva Chauth" said Raavi in response, dragging herself from the room.

After rest of the family gathered in sleepily, Dhara explained the rituals related to Karva Chauth in detail. Shiva looked at Raavi absorbing all the information, determined to do her part despite the fact that they were getting divorced; he felt strangely grateful and uncomfortable that she had resolved to keep the fast for him. So, of course, he had to try and dissuade her in the most obnoxious way possible.

"Bhabhi, ye chipkali ab mere liye vrat rakhegi? Isse toh mere shirts theek se nahi rakhe jaate" said Shiva, his voice still raspy. Raavi scowled at him as Dhara ignored him and went on with her chores.

Suman agreed with Shiva and pointed out that since they were getting divorced, there was no point in fasting either. If anything, it would be better if Dishu kept the fast. At that point, Raavi got up to leave, muttering she had to get dressed for the day.

Later in the morning, Shiva came into to their room, and stopped dead in his tracks. This was the kind of view for which one needed to be warned, given seminars, and abundantly cautioned: It was Raavi in a pale pink saree with low back sleeveless blouse. Standing in front the dresser with her back to him, she had her wet hair tied in a loose bun and was trying to clip on her mangalsutra. A drop of water from her wet hair was dripping onto her back, and it took every ounce of self-control to stop himself from tracing that drop of water with his lips. He clenched his fists knowing he didn't have that relationship with Raavi and exploring that path would just complicate matters further. But he lost the battle in just admiring her from afar because he came up to her wordlessly, helped her tie her mangalsutra and in the process, impulsively untied her hair. Surprised, she turned to face him and a few droplets of water from her wet hair hit his face.

Raavi lifted her eyebrows questioningly and when she didn't get a response, she made a move to leave the room. Shiva blinked, cleared his throat, and grabbed her waist.

"Kya hai?" asked Raavi, curious why he stopped her. She was sure he had come to bother her and irritate her. "Dekh mujhe aaj teri koi bandar wale harkat nahi chahiye," she said shaking her finger at him.

Shiva just looked at her without a response. "Vrat mera hai ya tera maun vrat hai?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly. He just held her waist, but the gentle pressure of his fingers, sent tingling sensations down to her toes. He was so close; she could feel him all around her, overwhelming her senses. She instinctively closed her eyes and averted her face, her breath turning uneven. Pressing her gently against the door, he said, "Raavi, ye sab vrat tere bas ki baat nahi hai. Zaroorat bhi nahi hai... Tujhse toh ek minute bhooka nahi raha jata."

She opened her eyes and met his onyx gaze steadily. She pushed against her Chattan Pandya's chest, not that it made a difference, and said, "Listen to me carefully, I will keep the fast. It is my right as your legal and current wife." She paused and warily asked, "Is it because of that Dishu? Whatever you do or want to do with that dayaan Dishu is not my problem."

Charmed by the pink stain across her cheek, and her determination to keep the fast, he pressed himself closer against her and asked "Ye Disha kahan aagayi beech main? Ye bata, tu vrat kyun rakhna chahti hai? Because I am your husband, or you want me to live a long life?"

She couldn't think. Shiva's hands on her bare waist; one hand holding her, the other hand subconsciously tracing patterns on her belly, his closeness was turning her brain to mush. His grip on her was steady, and the fingers tracing patterns were so light, yet they left a permanent imprint all over her body. He was so close, she could feel the warmth radiating from his body, and all she wanted to do was melt into him. She blinked a couple of times and then realized he was waiting for her response. "Dekh, mujhe taang maat kar. Let me go" said Raavi sternly, but she couldn't help the slight tremor in her voice.

From this proximity he could see every quiver on her lips, the dip in her eyebrows as she fought to think of an answer. He realized he enjoyed teasing his beautiful wife, Shiva's softly whispered, "Not good enough...Tell me why, Raavi?"

"Ma-Main chahti hoon ki tu mujhse bhi lamba zindagi jeeye."

"Kyun?"

"Taaki ek din main chudail banke tere sar pe naach sakun" said Raavi. Catching him off guard with her response, she pushed him aside and left the room.

After Shiva got dressed for the day, he saw his brothers in the aangan of Pandya Niwas. Everyone was taking on some chore, any task to get everything prepared in time. The women were in the kitchen preparing for the pooja. He saw Raavi working mile a minute, looking like a busy fairy in her pink saree, hovering over the stove, dashing to grab ingredients, all under the strict supervision of his mother. Her waist teased him, casually peeking between the folds of her saree, reminding him how earlier in their room, he couldn't keep his hands to himself, sending all the blood southward. He knew he was staring, no, ogling at his own wife, but she looked particularly delicious in a saree. Which is why he was a little late to clue in on the fact that someone was repeatedly calling his name.

"Huh?"

"Shiva, tu yahan kya kar raha hai?" asked Suman curiously.

"What?" he asked his mother; all he could see and think of was peachy brown skin wrapped in a pink saree.

Suman whacked him across his arm, how many times did she have to call him and repeat herself? "Maine kaha, Shiva, tu yahan kya kar raha hai?" asked Suman

Rubbing the back of his head, "Nothing... I just came by to let you know that I will be out visiting the factory of one of our brands we carry in store. I will be back in the evening," said Shiva.

"Haan, theek hai, but on your way, make sure you grab a gift for Dishu. She told me she won't be fasting this year but its nice to spend the evening with her and give her something nice. Usko aacha lagega" said Suman. Shiva took a deep breath to ease his irritation and left without a response.

Raavi ran behind Shiva, calling his name out. He looked at her expectantly, and without preamble she said, "tu uske liye gift layega?"

Obviously not, Shiva thought to himself. The name of Disha was enough to dampen any joy in his heart. "Dekh Chipkali... mere paas iske liye waqt nahi hai."

"If you give Disha a gift, I will let you not break my fast. I am warning you now," said Raavi sternly. Since she had made the decision to salvage her marriage with Shiva, she had been looking for signs to gauge what Shiva wanted. It was important to her that today, of all days, Shiva focused on his wife, her, rather than anybody else. She didn't want to share this day with anybody else.

Shiva heard the vulnerability in her voice behind her threat, and he steeled himself from expressing any emotion. Masking his feelings, he drawled, "theek hai, main bhi dekhta hoon tu kitni der bhuki rehti hai." With that he left her behind and walked away.

          Raavi was pacing back and forth in the secluded northeast spot on the top floor of the historic Somnath Temple. After completing the necessary rituals at home, Rishita had suggested they go to Somnath Temple to break their fast. Krish and Hetal had brought Raavi to this spot but there was some confusion, and now Krish had gone looking for the rest of the family, while Hetal was contacting Shiva. Raavi was hungry and irritable with the possibility of Dishu spoiling her first Karva Chauth and the icing on the cake (that she couldn't eat just yet), they had lost rest of the family.

Trying to calm herself, she leaned against the pillar and listened the legends and myths around Karva Chauth. The voice over the speaker narrated, "once Arjun went to the Nilgiris for penance and the rest of the Pandavas faced many problems in his absence. Draupadi, out of desperation, remembered Lord Krishna and asked for help. Lord Krishna reminded her that on an earlier occasion, when Goddess Parvati had sought Lord Shiva's guidance under similar circumstances, she had been advised to observe the fast of Karva Chauth."

As the narrator finished, the moon had risen, and she saw Shiva walking up to her. Finally. "What took you so long? Were you with someone else? Let's get going, do you know where the rest of the family is?"

Shaking his head, "Shhh" said Shiva, silencing her by placing an index finger to her lips. "Its 8.07 PM. The moon just came out, lets just break your fast here."Raavi nodded uncertainly and the air between them changed; it became poignant as neither missed the importance of Karva Chauth, nor the significance of breaking it in the historic temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.

Raavi looked the epitome of a young new bride in her simple rose chiffon saree with thinly laid zari border, adorned in north star earrings, lotus flower pendant on chain, and her mangalsutra. Before she began breaking her fast, Shiva gently grabbed her pallu and draped it over her head. A soft breeze swept past them, Raavi could have sworn it carried softest whisper, Ab lag rahi hai Shiva ki Parvati. As she chanted prayers, as old as the Somnath Temple, humbled, Shiva fed her water and food from the thali. As she met his gaze, unable to help himself after six long years, he let his guard down, and let her see softness in his eyes, just for her. To her surprise with utter disregard for etiquette and decorum at the temple, he leaned in and lightly pecked her nose.

Hetal came up to them, cleared her throat, and said, "lets go, Krish messaged me saying rest of the family is waiting for us on the opposite side with dinner."

          Much later into the night at Pandya Niwas, Raavi had changed into her night suit, and went to the kitchen to grab her usual bottle of water. As she was about to turn into the kitchen, she heard Rishita's voice, "Shiva, aaram se kha! Acha hua Raavi ne tere liye extra khana bacha ke rakha tha."

"Sorry Bhabhi, Din baar kuch nahi khaya, issliye ab bhi bahut bhook lagi hai. Aur woh Chipkali abhi 5-10 minutes aayegi, uski water bottle lene."

"Raavi ke liye fast kiya tumne... how romantic!"

"Nahi nahi, Bhabhi, I was busy in the factory all day... I, uh, didn't have a chance to eat," said Shiva refuted a little too quickly.

"If you say so... Did Raavi catch on that you planned the location mix up at the Somnath Temple?" asked Rishita, remembering Shiva texting her and Hetal, requesting Pandya ladies go to the Somnath Temple to break their fast, additionally asking that Hetal and Krish accidentally take Raavi to the top northeast floor, and she take everyone else in the opposite direction.

"She wasn't suspicious at all. She was probably so hungry she didn't question anything. Also, thanks Bhabhi, you took care of Disha's gift," said Shiva.

"I just told Disha, you were too busy and forgot her gift," shrugged Rishita, before ruffling his hair, casually remarking, "you didn't have to do all this you know? You could have said the word, and Raavi would have followed you to the ends of this earth."

Shiva stayed silent choosing to shove a big bite of Malai Kofta and Jeera rice into his mouth. Rolling her eyes at him, "so, do you have MY gift?" said Rishita.

"Here you go, Dev's childhood photos, there are couple where he is butt naked."

          Raavi turned away from the kitchen, and practically ran back to her room. Sitting on the bed and aimlessly scrolling thru her phone, as her mind worked out information she just found out, her heart pounding in her chest. For her, Karva Chauth hadn't just been about fulfilling a ritual. She had kept the fast, followed every custom, tradition with sincerity; praying all day for a sign that her decision to stay and salvage her marriage was the right one. A smile broke out, as warmth unfurled in her as she processed that Shiva had cared and respected her, her wishes to complete the Karva Chauth rituals with her, without Disha's presence and in the process even defied Suman Kaki's wishes. Pagal, theek se bol nahi sakta tha mujhe?

Just then, her phone went into a frenzy, downloading messages from Hetal. She had sent over pictures from earlier in the evening: Shiva draping her pallu over the head. Shiva pecking her nose. She rubbed her fingers wistfully over his face on the phone screen. How handsome was he in that dark magenta kurta? As she zoomed into her own face in the photos, it revealed a depth of emotion for Shiva that her entire being shied away from acknowledging. She feared it went beyond the desire to save her marriage; she was afraid her soul was again tilting on its axis to center her being around him. She should have been satisfied to know Shiva cared, but the feelings he invoked within her, this feeling gave her wings to fly, also scared the living daylights out of her. Did he feel the same way about her? Or what if even after all this, Shiva left her?

When Shiva came into the room, Raavi was so lost in her phone, caressing her phone screen, she scarcely noticed him. Despite his decision to stay away from her and give her a divorce, these days, he felt out of sorts with himself. His actions today defied his own expectations of himself. Raavi was charming away at his defenses, and off late he was getting tired of pretending that he didn't give a damn; when one look, one word from her was enough to do exactly what she wanted and keep her happy. Her determination and sincerity to keep Karva Chauth had touched him, so he had resolved to do everything in his power give her the respect she deserved, as his wif--- Damn Hetal. His mind helpfully pointed out, its just Raavi. You knew you would start melting one day. You don't have a damned hope or a prayer of resisting her.

He grunted to turn away his inner voice, and switched off the main lights, "Apne phone pe ghus ja, aur meri side se hatt. Utt" he said half sitting on the bed in front of her.

Raavi looked up at him but didn't respond to his comments. "Mujhe bubble tea chahiye, abhi. Aur chahiye matlab chahiye. Please le chal, na?" She just wanted to be with Shiva and if she didn't ask for bubble tea, their day would end right here.

Unable to refuse her, but scoffing at her demanding tone, "Mujhe tu kangal karke hi chodegi," he grumbled, holding her hand, helping her jump out of their bedroom window, "Aur, uss mami ko text karo ke aaj raat ko ghar pe hi padi rahe. Agar maine uss Mami ko bahar dekha toh public indecency ke charges se aandar karwa doonga," mentally shuddering, remembering Mama-Mami's late night rendezvous few days ago.

"Maasi, itni bhi buri nahi hai. Main toh unki favorite hoon. And I think its cute that they still find time to romance. At least jo yahan nahi hota, woh wahan toh hota hai," she retorted, walking with him to Mukesh Tea Café.

"Tu sach main Mami Ki Behen Ki Beti Hi Hai. Tujhe Mama-Mami, woh nagin ki maha saas, Mami, cute lagti hai? Main counsellor ko jake bolunga: ye dekho, Exhibit A, meri biwi pagal hai," as Raavi elbowed him.

"Saas toh woh teri hai Shiva, aur tune unko kya kya gul khilate hue dekha hai," snickered Raavi, as he gave her a disgusted look.

"...Aur tune kya bola, jo yahan nahi hota, wahan...? jo wahan HOTA hai, yahan mere marte dum tak nahi hoga. Kardi na apni aukat wali baat,"

They bickered all way to the Café without once letting go of each other's hands.

Safely helping Raavi jump back into their room, Shiva awkwardly disentangled his hand from hers. Sitting on the bed, drinking her bubble tea, she looked at Shiva, who busied himself doing nothing. When he finally came to his side of the bed, she gathered courage to give her phone so he could see the photos Hetal had sent earlier, and asked, "Do you...want to talk about this?"

Hell No! A pause later, he cleared his throat, swatted her with a pillow and said, "hatt yahan se, mujhe sona hai."

She scooted aside and as he laid down, she persisted, "Isn't it interesting, sirf main wahan galat jagah paunchi? Tujhe kaise pata chala, aur woh bhi itni jaldi?"

He threw her a sideways glance but didn't say anything. He wasn't going to be roped into a discussion about his actions or worse his feelings.

"Tu toh busy tha na? Aur uss dayaan Disha key liye ka gift lekar aaya?" she pressed him.

Still no response. Gadehda. Fine. She put aside her drink, and just laid down beside him, resting her head on his shoulder and entwining their legs, her toes drawing invisible patterns on his foot.

Today would be a wonderful day for some distance between themselves, so he finally he spoke, "Yeh tumhara side hai, Raavi?"

"Tu ne mere ek bhi sawal ka jawaab diya? Nahi na, toh chup chap soja. Aur jaise ke tujhe pata nahi, main raat ko aise hi soti hoon" said Raavi impishly, feeling bold after today's events. No response from Shiva. Fine by her.

Afew minutes later, he cracked one eye open and looked down, Raavi was sleepingpeacefully. Chipkali

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 4.1K 70
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...
2.6M 110K 70
Excuse me!? .. What? Marriage? What marriage are you talking about?" I shouted. Shreya, you are being called. You start in exactly 1.5 minutes. Hurr...
42.1K 1.6K 16
Shiva now manaaofying raavi
47.8K 3.2K 22
After Dev and Rishita got married, leaving Raavi heartbroken and crushed, her maami decided to send her off to her hometown. And Raavi agreed, havin...