Chapter 28

Thanks to Maa's orders, Raavi was in Dhara Di's room upstairs with Rishita and try as she may, sleep evaded her. she wasn't comfortable here; it wasn't her bed, and her bandar wasn't here to hold her, or pull her closer into his embrace throughout the night. As she tossed and turned trying to find a position she liked, Dhara Di often sleepily muttered, hil mat. She felt out of sorts, her mind was a jumbled mess thinking about the events of the evening, Shiva, and the implications for her. Concern seeped into her heart for Shiva. He had been so mad at the turn of events and Maasi's tirade, she didn't even know if he had calmed down. She needed to be with Shiva, she thought to herself, rubbing the spot over her heart to calm herself.

Frustrated, anxious, scared she sat up and grabbed her phone, in hopes to distract herself into sleep. She went on Instagram, scrolling through her feed. She posted a new photo on Instagram, hoping the mental exercise would tire her, and she scrolled down and saw old photos of Shiva and her, trying to lull herself into sleep. When that didn't work, she quickly exited the app but continued scrolling photos on her phone. Scrolling through the photos, and videos, she rubbed her fingers, caressing and kissing his face through the phone. Great, now she just missed Shiva even more. She slipped on her headphones and called him, only to get notification saying, 'user busy'. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she wondered, was he trying to call her?

Making a split-second decision; she decided she was going downstairs to see her bandar. Consequences be damned. It wasn't a crime last time she checked. Mentally she chanted all the prayers she knew so she wouldn't be too afraid of the dark, had Shiva's number ready to dial on her phone, and impulsively, she got off the bed and as quietly as possible made her way downstairs, in the dark. She opened their bedroom door, tip-toed in, and crouched beside the bed. Ye toh ghode baech ke so raha hai! She tugged at his shoulders, and whispered "Bhootnath, chal mere saath," When he didn't respond, she continued, "Palat na! Mujhse kya sharamana?"

"Raavi?" said Shiva.

"Nahi, Jhansi ki Raani. Of course, teri Raavi," she whispered.

"Raavi... darwaze ke taraf dekh,"

She squinted and looked properly for the first time. Shiva was standing at the doorstep. Raavi did a double take. If that was Shiva, then who was.... this?

"Hi Raavi..." said Gaumbi from the bed. Raavi yelped and ran to Shiva, who was smirking at her. Gadheda.

"Whats wrong, Raavi, itni raat ko...?" asked Gaumbi, groggily, barely awake.

"Kuch nahi, woh main apko theek se good night bolne..." trailed off Raavi as Gaumbi slumped back into deep slumber.

Shiva hooked his index finger to hers and gestured to leave. He sandwiched her between the wall and his chest and just looked at her. "Did you see me come down?" asked Raavi, pecking his nose.

Shiva hadn't been able to sleep, angry at the turn of events and thinking about Raavi. He had been tossing and turning in the aangan with Krish, having given the bed to Gaumbi and Dev. Did her bruises and scratches hurt her? Plus, he missed having her sprawled all over him, burying herself in his arms, as if she couldn't get close enough. He called her, only to get notification saying, 'user busy'. Was she trying to call him? Finally, giving up, as he got up to go upstairs, he saw a small figure scurrying towards their room, he knew Raavi had come down to meet him.

He kissed the sweet spot where her jawline met her ear and whispered, "tujh jaisi chudail ko mere gale se lapete bina neend thodi aayegi?"

She muttered, haan hoon main teri chudail and hugged him tightly, shutting her eyes to stop her tears as he asked "tu theek hai?"