Keep An Open Mind {Lynn Gunn}

By Run-Dont-Walk

TW: this book may contain mentions of violence and of suicide. DISCLAIMER #1: I wrote this story when I was... More

1) I'm The One With The Ghosts In My Bed
3) Set Of Empty Bones
4) It's My Head Not My Heart That's Strayed
5) It's Hard To Find Life In Something That's Already Died
6) All I Speak Is Static Screams
7) The Weight In The Words That You Preach
8) You Make It Seem That You Feel Whole
9) Put Your Heart To Your Eyes
10) It's Hard To Dream With Eyes Stitched Open
A/N
11) Sick Of The Lack Of Signal
12) What You Give Is What You Get
13) Shape Shifting.
14) My Head Spins And I Cave In And I Can't Pick Sides
15) There's Demons At The Door Patiently Waiting
16) Gemini, Won't You Meet Me Eye To Eye?
17) Got Your Hooks In My Back
18) Buried Yourself Alive And Expected To Be Fine
19) I've Grown Sick Of This Fight So Frequent
20) Find A New Place, Another Space To Invade, Another Brain To Decay
21) Using Words As A Comforter
22) Mind Over Matter Makes These Things Feel So Real
23) There's No Such Thing As Better Things In Life
24) Placebo Feelings
25) I'm Losing You To The Games In My Mind
26) If I Change I Start To Fade
27) Watching. Waiting. Aching. Suffocating. Breathing. Speaking. Screaming.
28) Up Against The Ghosts In My Head
29) You Give Me Something To Talk About
30) Just Wanted To Say "Good Night"
31) Please Be The Light That Carries Me
32) This Might Not Make Sense, If I Don't Explain It
33) This World Is A Masterpiece
34) This Is Not A Place In My Head [Final Chapter]
Keep An Open Mind [EPILOGUE]

2) Stuck In A Rut And A Wasteland

1.4K 76 8
By Run-Dont-Walk

School was always the same, classes were always boring. I wasn't even paying attention to the lesson - like always - I felt like I didn't need to. There were more important things to think of. and I didn't really have any friend to exchange notes with, so.

I kept sketching on my notebook, living in my own world, until I heard Mrs Sullivan clear her throat near me. I looked up at her, catching her gaze. She was staring at me with a hand on her hip, expectantly. Everyone fell silent.

"May I help you." I said, with sass in my voice.

Wow, that was weird, I usually would never talk like that to a teacher. But I was getting frustrated... My father's words kept popping in my head as if they were glued to my mind and would be stuck there forever.

Ms. Sullivan took the notebook from my desk and stared at the drawing with a puzzled expression, then looked back at me.

"What is this?" she asked, quietly.

"It's a rabbit." I replied, stating the obvious. I was pretty good at drawing, so it was damn clearly a rabbit. Everyone in the room chuckled and Ms. Sullivan just sighed.

I knew why though. Teachers were tolerant with me, they thought my behaviour was influenced by my situation. I didn't like it one bit. To me, that means being treated like a sort of monster. Because that's how they make it out to be, it takes an uncommon opinion on facts to be labeled as 'problematic'.

"Lyndsey, would you like to tell the rest of the class the answer to the problem?" she said after placing the notebook back on my desk and pointing to the blackboard, revealing a math problem.

I poked my head out of the desk to get a better view and analyzed the problem in a few seconds.

"The answer is 2x minus 3y." I said. She raised her eyebrows at me and looked back at the board, to make sure my answer was correct.

"Correct..." she said in a shaky, annoyed voice, and went back to the lesson. I have this thing called eidetic memory, so it was really easy for me to remember all the passages and formulas of math, or memorize whatever is written in the school book.

I went back to my drawing, occasionally glancing outside the window. I was so glad to have the nearest desk to the window, sometimes school looked like a prison, and feeling the rush of air on my skin, the cold breeze coming from the mountains, sent electric shivers through my body.

Whenever I looked around me I just saw an empty room, I felt like being in a wasteland, even though there were people everywhere. It was like they didn't even exist.

It's sad to think I'm stuck in here when I could be enjoying the world, experiencing freedom.

Somewhere, out here, there was a magical place. A sort of Wonderland. It may be between those mountains, that now looked so far and so unreachable.

This is not just all your head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

VALERIE By マリーナ

General Fiction

950K 43.4K 99
He speaks as if he knows everything, he trips over his own tongue like the intelligent person he is. The lingering taste of vodka and whiskey taint h...
168 0 11
Personally, I never saw myself as an optimistic person. I never really had any friends, I didn't share feelings for people, I never really had any so...
4.3K 622 10
For Eva Winters, life turned out a little more complicated than she had imagined. After years worth of saving, she was finally ready to leave the bus...
Problem Kid By Raven

Teen Fiction

29.1K 703 105
[NEW CHAPTERS RANDOMLY RELEASED] ⚠️⚠️18+ due to mature themes⚠️⚠️ Everleigh has never had a normal life. After losing her father as a young teenager...