When I Met You

By xDanasaurous_Rexx

Marte Jetson has moved for the 15th time. but this time is different with her cousin being her next door neig... More

When I Met You
Dramatic Arts Class
Food Shower
Meeting Mums, and Making Deals
The Auditions
Lunch Time Stares
Phase Two
Promise

I hate Maths

294 17 4
By xDanasaurous_Rexx

“moment of truth.” Zayn smiled at me as we walked into the large auditorium. People were already there chatting about which parts they hoped to get. As we walked in everyone turned to stare at us. Or should I say me. The whole school could only talk about one thing, who would get the part of Juliet. I knew if I got it, I'd have to watch my back. Even with Necessity and her friends still being laughed at for the pranks we had pulled, she was still the 'Queen of the School'. She could have the whole school turn on me with a snap of her fingers. And luckily she hadn't snapped just yet.

We took our seats next to each other, both of us clinging to the others hands. My nerves were taking over. My whole body began to shake as Ms. Peach bounced into the room. She stood up on stage, wearing velvet trousers and a polka nurses shirt. “good afternoon students! How is my lovely class doing today?” no one said anything. “right, well... um.. what were we doing today?” she looked to the boy in the front who was chuckling.

“you were going to tell us who got the parts.” he said and she smiled nodding her head vigorously.

“right right. Erm... where would I put that list....” she patted her trousers as a girl ran up and handed her a piece of paper. “ah! Yes thank you Casey! Okay, lets get through this shall-”

a girl pushed through the doors and walked in. her long black hair hung over her face as she looked around to find her seat. “Serena Jacobson, I thought you'd have been expelled after your little tussle eh?” she shrugged finding Zayn and walking over quickly.

“hey loser.” she smiled at Zayn. “who are you?” she said staring at me. Zayn bent over and whispered to her making her laugh. “oh okay, nice to meet you Marte. I'm Serena, call me Rena or Re Re.”

"Right, okay yes. I'll start with the extras..." Mrs. Peach called out a collective group of students telling them who or what they were to play. Since Serena hasn't been here to audition Mrs. Peach decided she could just be the maid. To which she proceeded to groan about before Mrs. Peach threatened to and I quote 'come down there and mess you up'. I was right when I said she was my favourite teacher.

After all the extras were given out, she started with the parents. "Lord mercutio goes to... Zayn Malik." She smiled and everyone cheered. Serena whispered something into his ear before he turned to me and smiled. I winked at him looking back to the teacher to see she was already on Romeo.

"Romeo will be played by... Jason Walters." Jason got up and started bowing, he looked over at me and winked. I rolled my eyes looking away from him.

"And finally... Juliet. Since two people auditioned we had an understudy and a lead. The understudy will be..." I felt Zayn's hand slip into mine, I turned to him as he smiled warmly at me. "Necessity Williams."

I looked over to see she was in shock, he eyes went wide before she stared at me, her eyes narrowing and I knew I wouldn't get away with it. But lucky for me I was already working on phase three.

"So that means Ms. Marte Jetson is our Juliet! Congrats everyone, we'll be starting rehearsals tomorrow!" The bell rang just as she finished, we quickly grabbed our things and rush out the door.

Once outside of the large auditorium Serena came and wrapped her arms round both of us.

"Damn Malik, I'm gone for a few weeks and you've already replaced me." She said, Zayn pushed her away laughing slightly. Her arm slumped away from my shoulder as she went to mess up Zayn's hair. "So Marte, word on the street is you're starting an uprising against the queen bitches."

"Uhh I just want them to leave Zayn alone.."

She smiled. "Well I'm in. In fact I think I can help right now.. Delilah is having a party, Necessity will be there. Jason and her will probably end up hooking up in the jacuzzi."

The corner of my mouth twitched as I conjured up a plan that would top our last ones.

Lunch came and went and now we were left to maths. With the worst teacher ever.

Zayn and I walked in, Serena had art this period so it was only us getting to see the looks on those girls faces when they got their tests back. We sat down in our seats and watched as the three girls walked in. Necessity held her head high as she past me. All throughout lunch I had Been subjected to their glares. Zayn and Serena hadn't noticed as they were too busy catching up. But they didn't intimidate me. As much 'power' as they had, they couldn't do anything I couldn't out do. That may sound cocky, but it's true.

The teacher got up unwillingly from his seat and began passing back our tests. I watched as Necessity got hers, the knowing smile she had dropped just as her jaw did. She turned to look at her friends test and they all looked absolutely shocked. They had all gotten the same low mark. The teacher handed me and Zayn our tests. I looked at my paper, a 83 was printed in red pen at the very top. Zayn handed me his and I passed him mine to see he got a 90.

"Whose stupid now." He winked and I shoved his shoulder.

"Shut up, you know I hate maths."

"That's no excuse, you know I can help you." He smirked. "I mean its pretty simple stuff, you just had to carry the-" I shoved his paper in his face to shut him up. He chuckled putting the test into his binder and watching as the teacher went back to his desk.

"I'd like to have necessity, Amanda and Grace stay after class concerning your tests." He sent a glare towards them before starting the lesson. I didn't bother listening it wasn't exactly like he taught well. The book taught better.

A note was pushed onto my desk immediately I looked over to Zayn quirking a brow, he didn't look over only stared at the board. He was fighting back a smile as I continued to stare. I sighed picking up the paper. 'Fancy coming over after school to study?'

I almost laughed. 'First off, note passing? Really? And I was coming over tonight whether you like it or not.'

I slipped it over onto his desk and within seconds it was back on mine. 'Yes note passing really ;) and good Serena's coming over too but after dinner, her parents don't like it when she eats over'

'Why? Is this one of those Romeo and Juliet things?'

'Haha i see what you did there no definitely I've known her forever, I don't like her like that. And her parents think dinner is a family thing and don't let her eat at anyone else's'

'Aw no crush on Serena? Poo I was hoping it could be like one of those movies where I try and set you up with your true love'

'But doesn't that girl end up getting the guy'

'No clue I'm not into those kinda movies'

'What movies are you in to?'

'Give me a classic scary movie any day and I'll be a happy girl'

'Right gotcha I have poltergeist if you wanna watch it tonight'

I looked over at him and smiled nodding. And just when I was going to start listening to the teacher's boring lecture. The bell rang. I scrambled out of my seat and followed Zayn out. We carried on making plans for tonight when Jason stepped in between us. He wrapped an arm round my waist and tugged me away from Zayn. I shot Zayn a look and mouthed to him to wait for meat our lockers. Jason pulled me along down the hall till we were stood at his locker.

" care to explain why you kidnapped me?"

"Yes, one your always around that loser and two we both have the man parts in the play. Which means you and I have to be round each other more. And maybe we can practice our kissing?" He brushed some of my hair out of my face and leaned in. I pushed him away.

"The only times we'll be kissing is during the play. Don't think I'll kiss you anywhere else. Is that all?"

"One day you'll want me to kiss you. Just watch. And no one more thing. Rumor has it that scouts are going to be there opening night. You and I'll be movie stats before the end of the year."

I let out a hard laugh. "Good one, I'm no actress And its only a play."

" you audition was better than you take credit for. Just trust me on this. If you don't screw up we won't have to worry about uni or actual jobs ever again." That's all he wanted, was to be rich and famous. To have young girls pawn at his very existence. How shallow.

"Fine, but leave Zayn alone. He did nothing."

Jason chuckled, his hand cupped my cheek and his thumb rubbed circles into my skin. "You don't know what your talking about."

And then Jason left leaving me to ponder what he meant. What had Zayn done?

"Thank you so much mrs. Malik it was absolutely delicious." I smiled picking up my plate and walking it to the sink.

"Marte, please call me Trish and here let me do that you two go on up to Zayn's room. I'll bring some dessert up in a bit." Zayn grabbed my hand and pulled me along to his room.

"Marte! Wait can I play with you?" Safaa said she clutched her Barbie doll in her hand and gave me the cutest smile I've ever seen.

"No Safaa me and M are watching a scary movie."

"Can I watch?!"

"Won't you get scared?" I didn't want her to get nightmares, and I could tell Zayn didn't want her there.

"No! I promise I won't I'm a big girl I-"

"Safaa no, go to your room and leave us alone." Zayn snapped, I watched Safaa frown, her lip quivered as tears spilled from her eyes.

"Oh for god sakes Zayn, come on Safaa I'll play with you for a little. I took her hand and she pulled me into her room. I heard a loud sigh and Zayn was by my side a second later.

"Safaa time for bed." Trish said from the door way. Safaa rubbed her eyes and nodded.

"Can Marte tuck me in?" I saw her nod and then leave the room, Zayn mumbled saying something about putting the movie in finally. He got up and left leaving me to say goodnight to her. Safaa crawled into her bed and cuddled into her large teddy bear.

"Zayn likes you." She mumbled.

"I like him too-"

"No like he's in love with you." She said faintly before falling to sleep. I got up remembering what Jason had said. I went to Zayn's room to see him setting up the movie on his TV. Zayn looked over his shoulder and smiled at me.

"What did you do to make them hate you?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 30.3K 62
Hailey Malik life seems great, living with One Direction and having Zayn Malik as an adopted brother. Even coming from an abusive childhood, she stan...
248K 7.8K 30
Skylar Lawrence has the perfect life, right? Well, you thought wrong. Sure, she has friends, and she is popular, but no one knows about her home issu...
144K 4K 36
Sandy Horan is the famous Niall Horans cousin, yet she is far from famous. Living with an abusive boyfriend and struggling to keep her head above wat...
51.3K 712 58
Ally Tomlinson is, you guessed it, one of Louis Tomlinson's younger sisters. Growing up, they became best friends, barely spending any time apart. Si...