The Lone Traveler's Diary and...

بواسطة DarkWinter3

You stumbled upon the Vault of Knowledge, cape ripped and mangled from the attacks of the krills that had sud... المزيد

Sky Log #0: Introduction
Sky Log #1: The Beginning
Sky Log #2: Once a Moth, Always a Moth
Sky Log #3: The Pianist
Short Story 1.1: Val
Sky Log #4: Family
Sky Log #5: Freelancer Job in Vault of Knowledge
Sky Log #6: Stranger Danger
Short Story 1.2: David
Sky Log #7: A Little Moth Named Mo
Sky Log #8: Krill Cult
Sky Log #9: Fear the Nightmare
Sky Log #10: Valid's K
Short Story 1.3: The Letter K
Sky Log #11: The Dark Core
Sky Log #12: Charon - Uber You to Eden
Sky Log #13: Realm Ratings
Sky Log #14: All Hail... the Ice Rink
Short Story 2: The Fox and the Sakura Tree
Sky Log #15: OOB-ers, Hackers and Cheaters
Sky Log #16: The Apologies That Were Never Said
Short Story 3: Mber Corp.
Sky Log #17: The Allure of Pants
Sky Log #18: Season Ratings
Sky Log #19: Happy Birthday
Sky Log #20: Moving On
Sky Log #21: A Moth's Guide Part 1
Sky Log #22: A Moth's Guide Part 2
Sky Log #23: A Moth's Guide Part 3
Short Story 4: Sisters
Sky log #24: Gayest Wedding Ever
Sky Log #25: A Strange Dream
Sky Log #26: Teatime with the Little Prince
Short Story 5: The Wizard's Apprentice
Sky Log #27: How to Tame a Krill 101
Sky Log #28: The Nostalgia of Campfires
Sky Log #30: The Little Prince's Farewell
Sky Log #31: The Land of The Treasure Reef
Sky Log #32: The Waters of the Treasure Reef
Sky Log #33: The One that Lurks in the Deep
Sky Log #34: Closet Fuzzies
Sky Log #35: Lights, Stage, Action!
Sky Log #36: A Turn For The Worse
Sky Log #37: A Risky Gamble
Sky Log #38: Forbidden Knowledge
Sky Log #39: On the Run
Sky Log #40: Goodbye
Epilogue
Author's Afterword

Sky Log #29: A Veteran's Guide

45 1 2
بواسطة DarkWinter3

Since I have written a guide for moths, I believe that writing a short guide on how to be an experienced "butterfly" is in order. However, what I have written here may not be accurate to what everyone believes a veteran should be.

As Sky progresses, the line between a "moth" and a "butterfly" blurs. The longer you stay in Sky, the more you are acquainted with the world, its creatures, and the seasons. However, you may be the type that finished all the realms and decided to take a break before coming to every new season to play again. So, it is difficult to define a "butterfly"/veteran/expert precisely.

There are, after all, many types of butterflies.

So, I will write a general gist of a veteran. Perhaps, I may go in-depth on the different types of veterans in a separate entry.

~~~

I think to be considered a veteran or an expert in Sky. You need to:

· Know the general candle farming route for all the realms

This is a must if you want to be considered a veteran, especially when buying stuff. I'm not sure if there's anyone who stayed in this world long enough not to know where to get candles and lights. Maybe they might get an Uber or get dragged around by their friends...

· Know the currency system used in Sky; the differences between a regular white candle, an ascended Eden candle, and a season candle, plus the heart trading system that involves gifting presents or lighting candles

If there's a veteran who does not know much, then there's not much to say... Anyway, I have written up a portion dedicated to the currency system in Sky Log 22: A Moth's Guide Part 2

· Understand how to use the creatures and plants around you, such as the manta, butterflies, glowing mushrooms, etc

· Know how to subdue crabs and avoid krills

For the above 2 points about the creatures in Sky, I have dedicated a whole section about the type of animals in the world of Sky in Sky Log 22: A Moth's Guide Part 2. I heard some spoilers that we may get to see some underwater creatures in the upcoming Season of Abyss. Wonder if our favourite zoologist, Chester Abbott (one of my friend's, David's original character), will make any new findings? He made a short film about manta's life cycle on Sanctuary Island. Highly informative.

· Know where all the winged lights are

This should be a piece of cake for veterans. I lost count of how many winged bois I have total, but I know I have more than enough for 11 wedges.

· Get ten wedges for your cape

This may take a while because the maximum winged bois in the realms are just enough for 7 wedges. The rest of the winged bois must be collected from unlocking the ascended branch in traveling spirits' constellation trees.

· Know how to travel through Eden safely

My requirement is to travel until the Point of No Return without losing any wing bois. So, that means you need to avoid stuff like the flying rocks, the krills, and some shiny but dangerous-looking gems. Then, after the Point of No Return, it's good luck to you because we all know what happens next.

I was actually thinking of a requirement like knowing the shortcut to get through Eden quickly, but not everyone knows that. So, I left it as it is.

· Know how to guide a moth or another child safely through a realm

I like to think that a veteran has done this at least once for a moth. It could be on impulse or a one-time thing. Maybe it happened for a short time because your moth decided to get stuck during their journey.

· Experience at least a season from start to end

I remember that I wrote on Sky Log #22: A Moth's Guide Part 2 that veterans stayed for at least 3 seasons. I think that's a high bar to reach, so I decided a kid can be considered a veteran when they experienced an entire season.

· Know the types of spirits and elders in Sky such as the ordinary constellation spirits, seasonal spirits, traveling spirits, quest guide, and elders

I'm not talking about the names of all the spirits because that would be too much. It's the same as differentiating the candle types, but it's the type of spirits this time. I have written about them under the section "Seasons and Events" in Sky Log 21: A Moth's Guide Part 1.

· Know at least 2 Out-Of-Bounds (OOB) spots and how to get to them

One of veterans' defining features would be the knowledge of Out-of-Bound (OOB) spots. It's what sets veterans apart from moths.

One of the problems of staying in Sky is the longer you stay, the more familiar you are with the places. Things can get boring after a while. It's why some people choose to sleep and wake up when it's a new season. Or... they can get so bored, they start finding out the limits of this world.

There are some known ones, but OOB experts find a new OOB every day. When a new place is opened up, new OOB spots will be discovered.

· Completed at least two normal constellations at 100%

My previous idea was to complete about 50% of all normal constellations. I wasn't sure if there was too easy, but I wanted to give people a bit of a challenge at this point. Or it would be too easy, and everyone might end up calling themselves a veteran. That may get too dangerous since we do have dangerous creatures which are light-threatening (life-threatening, but this concerns our wing bois, get it? Lol.)

But I settled for the requirement as you see above. It might prove a challenge for some kids who have financial problems and do not have the habit of saving.

Not all the kids are as diligent in saving and farming candles. They may find farming secondary to playing and hanging out with their friends. Or they just don't come to Sky every single day. Maybe they don't have a conscious habit of saving candles when buying things in Sky. They see something they like, buy it immediately, and cry about their empty wallets when a new traveling spirit comes by.

Here's a tip for saving candles.

Normal constellations will always be there, so you can slowly buy the cosmetics over time. It's not a rush to finish theirs. Traveling spirits, however, come at most yearly. If you missed them, you might need to wait for a year at most because they come at random. So, the priority is traveling spirits. Now, let's do simple math.

Every 2 weeks, a traveling spirit comes.

You need at least 200 candles and 20 hearts to finish their tree. Now, if you are the type who gathers 15 candles every day plus daily missions, you will get 20 candles in total for a day. So, in two weeks, you will get a total of 280 candles. That means 80 candles extra. You can use them to heart trade with your friends. So, you can trade hearts with 2 friends for 13 days. In total, you can get 26 hearts because the math gives you 2 leftover candles.

Of course, this is an example. You can play around with the numbers and realize that 2 weeks is good enough for you to get most items from a traveling spirit.

~~~

These are the general things needed to qualify as a veteran in Sky. If you got most of them, congratulations! You are a veteran.

Maybe you have a few slips up here and there during your journey through Sky. That's okay. I do too.

There are times when the krills are having a field day eating me because I was having difficulty deploying out the Home trick. Or like you didn't expect that you are so popular among them that there's 3 looking at you, and you only prepared for 1 krill to attack. It happens sometimes. Then, you can chalk it up to the krills having that time of their day or were being particularly angry and hungry. I call that hangry.

I know that there is an existence of lone veterans, so I didn't put any requirements of being part of a friend group or being part of a community. Having friends is the goal of TGC, but I know that some choose to be alone because they like to be alone or haven't found the right people to click with.

A/N: 16 Jan 2022

I may need to pause this story soon because I wanted to dedicate an entry or two for the new Season of Abyss which has an entirely new area. It's on 17 January 2022, which is tomorrow! I'm looking forward to getting some new inspirations from the season.

Are you peeps excited for the new Season? Let me know in the comments! XD

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

742 37 20
(Book 2 of The Elf King trilogy) The familiar characters and some background information,are,of course,Tolkien,and of Marvels Loki Series.The new are...
36 5 9
#450 in general fiction 01.12.2024 #63 in paranomal romance 01.12.2024 #10 in supernatural romance 01.12.2024 #6 in new fiction 01.12.2024 ...
45.7K 1.2K 20
"hey krel, what do you think the colours pink and blue make?" Y/n asks krel, as they sit in a tree watching the night sky. "purple why do you ask?" h...
155 6 19
This story is about the Multiverse and pulls together 5 of my other stories I highly recommend you read them first in order to grasp the type of peop...