Silence

By ohdearenisdc

Part 1 {Silence} COMPLETED Part 2 {Noise} COMPLETED Part 3 {Continuation} ONGOING- (SEPERATE BOOK) Aspen Orin... More

{Updated} A/N and Characters
{1} Silence
{2} Quiet
{3} Peace
{4} Stillness
{5} Lull
{6} Serenity
{7} Hushed
{8} Tranquility
{9} Solitude
{10} Rest
{11} Muffled
{12} Shush
{13} Mute
{14} Unheard
{15} Inaudible
{16} Soothe
{17} Speechless
{18} Placid
{19} Gentle
{20} Lonely
{21} Unclear
{22} Low
{23} Soundless
{24} Reserved
{25} Secretive
{26} Reticent
{27} Sedate
{28} Composure
{29} Whist
{30} Incoherent
{31} Equanimity
{32} Faint
{33} Stifled
{34} Hazy
{35} Dull
{36} Feeble
{37} Vague
{38} Faltering
{39} Hesitance
{40} The Final Silence
Character Q&A
{1.2} Noise
{2.2} Loud
{3.2} Crash
{4.2} Piercing
{5.2} Ringing
{6.2} Enhanced
{7.2} Screech
{8.2} Whistle
{9.2} Echo
{10.2} Boom
{11.2} Commotion
{12.2} Unruly
{13.2} Deep
{14.2} Ruckus
{16.2} Deafening
{17.2} Static
{18.2} Shrill
{19.2} Emphatic
{20.5} Language
{21.5} Snap
{22.2} Powerful
{23.2} Cry
{24.2} Uproarious
{25.2} Melody
{26.2} Blare
{27.2} Scream
{28.2} Thundering
{29.2} The Final Noise
Epilogue
{Bonus 1} Love
AUTHORS NOTE :)

{15.2} Yell

7.8K 363 156
By ohdearenisdc

{Aspen's POV}

When you find yourself in a pickle that I am currently finding myself in, you probably shouldn't do what I do.

"But you see, Monsieur manhandling is not kind." I tell the big guy with an iron grip around my bicep.

"Shut your mouth."

"You remind me of someone, you know? They ended up with with a jabbed neck and a bullet in the brain." I explain, "oh what was his name again?" I look away thinking.

I'm brought outside our mansion to where the rest of a large army of sorts is standing. No one on my team is in sight, as in my brothers, their associates, etc.

An old man with graying hair steps forward and looks me in the eyes. I return his stare, hoping to challenge him a little bit.

"You're much different than I imagined." The old man states, a few feet in front of me now.

My attention is caught by a few young men talking in the background. They have their guns strapped around them lazily and they have their handguns pointed down. They really suck at their job it seems.

Oldy takes a quick glance at what I'm looking at and the young men look towards us. They really can't be older than 18. Just for kicks, I stick the finger at one of them and he raises his eyebrows.

Oldy looks back at me and I look at him. He reaches his hand out for a handshake and I look down at it.

"I'm Romy, Romy Donne."

"EDGER" I say suddenly, looking at the big buff dude who still has his hand around my bicep. "Yes, his name was Edger." I nod my head, happy that I remembered, "Maybe you're related or something."

{24 Hours Earlier}

Sorin keeps pestering me about Arlo. Not Arlo specifically because I refuse to give up the name, but my crush nonetheless.

Ever since him and Alani got back Sorin has not shut up about my crush, and now Alani knows about it too. 

I don't imagine it will be long before the rest of the house knows.

But you know, if they're going to find out and get angry anyways, I might as well give them a real reason to get upset. 

I pick up my phone and search for probably the most used contact on this thing.

Just as I'm about to press call, the screen lights up from a call. 

A call from him.

{Arlo's POV}

"Did Alani send details about the meeting?" Trev asks.

"If you could even call them that." I groan, leaning back in the office chair. Trev gives me a curious look and I continue, "Alani said I would be on a video call with one of the leaders at an hour which he decides."

"The f*ck does that mean?" Osirus asks, laying on a leather couch, much too small for him. 

Or should I say Buttface, as Aspen likes to call him.

There you go again you f*cking idiot. You just cant get her out of your head can you? I scold myself internally.

"How should I know? These people don't like to share real information." I reply, my tone clearly annoyed.

"I have some sh*t to deal with. Let me know if you need me." Trev says, leaving the office.

"Hey, thanks man. I want you nearby when they call." I tell him.

"Sounds good." He calls out, continuing to walk away. I focus back at Butt- Osirus laying on the couch, falling asleep. "And when are you going to leave?" 

"If you want me gone, just say the word." He mumbles, covering his eyes from the lights using a single arm.

"I want you gone." I tell him bluntly.

He groans, turning on the couch, but the action makes him fall of the couch with a thud. I shake my head at the sight while he stands up and walks out of the office, flipping me off in the process. 

I look at the paperwork in front of me with a scowl. 

I cant focus on this sh*t.

Not with her on my mind.

I pick up my phone and find probably the most used contact on this damn phone.

I press dial and wait. She picks up on the second ring.

"Hello?" She says softly.

"Hey Darling."

"I was just going to call you." She says, making me smile softly.

"Any specific reason?" I ask.

"I-" She stutters, which is not normal for her. "I erm, well you see."

"Aspen." I get her attention.

"Elega- Arlo I like-"

Oh sh*t.

"Aspen." I cut her off.

"Yeah?" She asks, her tone confused.

"I really like you." I tell her.

"Hey! I was just about to say that." She says.

"I know, but I had to say it first." I tell her with a big ass stupid grin.

"You cheater." She says accusatorily. 

"Sorry darling, you cant win at this game." I tell her.

"Since when is this a game?! And Anyways, that is false Mr. Elegant chicken wing." She says with new confidence. "I am going to beat you at this." 

"Wait a second," I say, making her pause, "Be my-"

"OH MY GOODNESS ARLO" She starts yelling, making me sit up in concern.

"Aspen?" 

"Be my boyfriend." She rushes out.

"No." I reply immediately.

"Wha-"

"Be my girlfriend." I tell her.

"No." She responds.

I frown at this.

"Why?" I ask.

"Don't start a game you cant finish Mr. Wing." 

"Okay, fine." I say suddenly.

"Fine what?"

"I'll be your boyfriend." I tell her. "On one condition."

"What's that?"

"You be my girlfriend." 

She hums softly, seemingly in thought.

"I think I can agree to those terms." She says, I can hear the smile through the phone, making me smile as well.

"Okay, so we can agree to be tied, for now." I say.

"I suppose." She says.

"But this game is far from over darling."

"Oh, one hundred percent agreed." She says.

This game ends when I put a ring on her finger. No f*cking way I'm going to let her propose to me first.

"Oh my goodness." She says suddenly. "I have a boyfriend." 

"Yeah, I guess that's how this works huh?' I tease.

"Someone's yelling at me, can I call you back?" She asks.

"Of course."

"Okay, bye." She hesitates before she continues, "I like you." She says, as if she's testing the words for herself.

"I like you too." I tell her with a stupid grin.

The line cuts.

I cant believe I just did that.

I f*cking did that.

"Why is your face so- like that?" Trev asks with a frown, leaning against the doorframe. At my silence, his face suddenly turns to recognition and his frown grows deeper. "Oh, your girl again?"

"Yeah Trev," I look at him, trying to control my grin, "My girl."

{Aspen's POV}

If I wasn't in trouble with this whole crush thing before, I certainly am now.

"Aspen!"

"What?!" I call out, lying on top of my bed, feeling I'm in a daze.

"You coming down for dinner?" I recognize Kohen.

I don't respond, rather I get up from bed and open my door, revealing a neutral looking Jasper, right in front of my face. He frowns slightly, and I have to crane my neck to look up at him.

"Why does your face look like that?" He asks.

I make sure to suppress the grin.

"You're not Kohen." I ignore his question.

"He went downstairs already." Jasper replies, still looking at me suspiciously.

The betrayal.

I close the door behind me and start walking downstairs. Jasper walks beside me, which is really weird. 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I ask him.

Something's been on my mind and he seems to be in a civil mood.

"What?" He asks.

"When I first moved in with you guys, how did you know I had that gun in my room?"

My question makes Jasper pause and look at me. I pause as well, hoping he'll answer. His previously blank face turns to a smirk as he shakes his head and continues walking.

"No, but seriously." I continue, catching back up to him. 

"Curiosity killed the cat." He flicks my forehead and I frown slightly.

"I think I deserve to know." I tell him as we descend the stairs.

"It's in the past Aspen. Why the sudden need to know?" He asks, "Will this information save your life? Will it stop a bomb from exploding? Will it be your life jacket while drowning? Will it stop a bullet coming at you? Will it-"

"Okay, you can stop." I cut him off.

"Oh I wasn't done though. Will it put out fire? Will it-"

"Oh shut up." Xan groans, suddenly showing up behind us.

Jasper suppresses a smirk and continues walking in silence.

When we arrive at the dining room, the majority of people are sat down already. The chatter is loud, something that I've gotten pretty used to by now.

It's funny, a year ago, at the sound of something like this, I think I would have curled up in a ball and died.

It's still not great, but it's bearable and that makes me pretty happy.

I take my usual spot which is now beside Ambrose and Balor. Caspian is seated at the head of the table with Ambrose on his left. Caspian is looking down at his phone before looking back up, directly at me as if he knew I was looking at him. He nods at me, I nod at him. 

Dinner passes quickly with only five arguments. It sounds like a lot, but compared to other days, this is like a world record. It seems these men don't like to be civil.

I get up from the table and say goodnight to everyone since I don't plan on leaving my room again tonight. I plan on calling Edith and filling her in on the Arlo situation. She knows so much more about relationships than me and I could use another girl to talk to.

That's exactly what I do. When I get to my room, I lock the door. And since the lock on the door is useless, I then go into my bathroom and lock that door. At least that one is secure.

When I tell Edith that Arlo and I are dating, I think I heard her scream from here. She starts firing out questions and rambling on.

And that's how my evening ends. Edith doesn't let me hang up until she's gotten every little detail, which makes me stay up until 11p.m. It's not that late, but I need my rest which she doesn't understand.

When I get into my bed, finally, I respond to Arlo's goodnight text and put my phone away for the night. I close my eyes with my head resting on the pillow, but I cant fight the lingering smile on my face.

----------------------------------

Enjoy this chapter, you wont get one like it next time loll.

Sorry but gotta have the drama, you know? Make the story interesting.

For those of you who are forgetful-
Edger is one of Romy Donne's goons who tried to get Aspen at the baking competition. Ronan killed him.
Trev is a relatively new character who just works at the warehouse with Arlo.

Thoughts on our Elegant Chicken Wing and Aspen? ;)
I think I love them.

Thank you all for the support on this book. At the time of this chapter publishing, we're currently in #1 in the brother tag, thank you all so much <3

Until next time :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 63 10
Here's some Chris, Kevin, Thor x Reader one-shot Fanfictions you might like which I randomly made myself with my own imagination. Don't judge, it's...
26K 845 19
(Silently Drowning Series - Book Three) Alessia Fiorella Ferrari; going from unnoticed to far too noticed. Having 6 brothers that were once too busy...
96.7K 4.4K 46
GODLYJISUNG sent you a snap! ↬ snapchat sequel ; COMPLETED
1M 24.6K 49
(This book has been completely rewritten, you can find the new version on my page under the title "Silently Drowning", the rewritten version is also...