𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 | ✔️

By _DemonGoddesss_

Scarlett Moore has had her fair share of betrayal and lies. She's afraid to give someone else her heart witho... More

BEFORE READING ⚠️
description
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
epilogue

twenty-eight

695 23 0
By _DemonGoddesss_

In shorter terms, Carter and I been together for a good while now. I mean, everyday we spend together is great, because we get to know each other a little more. My feelings for him are... getting stronger by the minute.

Am I terrified? Of course I am.

Who wouldn't be terrified? It's nerve wracking just thinking about the possibilities, but I try to push them aside. Doesn't always work, but I still try. The point is, I'm really happy with Carter, and we've been amazing up to this point. I don't want to lose it or mess it up.

"You asshole!" I gasped when Carter dipped his finger in the pan. "That's gross."

"It is not. Besides, I'm hungry," he answered, licking the food off of his finger.

"You could've been patient, greedy ass," I chuckled, nudging him away with my hip.

He grunted from beside me and held my waist, pulling me to his chest. I glanced back at him with a smile then kept stirring the pots.

I was in the mood for... well, a meal. So, I'm making baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a side of green beans. Carter keeps trying to get his greedy hands in everything, and he just dipped his finger in the potatoes. It's taking everything in me not to slap him with the spoon.

"Carter Hansen, I swear to god," I threatened, glaring at him.

"Last name too?" He grinned, patting my butt.

"Stop distracting me, mister," I chuckled.

"I like having my hands on you. Have you not noticed this?" He then asked, bringing his arms back around my waist.

"Want to try the green beans?" I asked him.

"Hell yeah. I'm starving."

I shook my head, chuckling then grabbed a forkful, bringing it to his mouth. Carter leaned forward, taking the food into his mouth then chewing. I cleaned off the fork then looked at him, waiting for his opinion.

"Can I have more?" He mumbled, wiping his mouth.

"When everything's done, you can have as much as you want," I said, bending down to check the chicken.

Once I closed the oven, I yelped when Carter brought his hand to my ass, slapping it. I looked back at him, playfully glaring before smacking his hand.

"You can't wave an ass like that in my face and expect me not to touch it, baby," he chuckled.

"Try to hold back then," I chuckled.

I leaned back against the counter and me moved in front of me, placing his hands on my waist. He then lifted me up, standing between my legs and rubbing my thighs.

"You're beautiful," Carter said, kissing my cheek.

"And your handsome," I replied, feeling warmth on my cheeks.

"You blush so easily," he chuckled. "It's cute."

"Shut up," I mumbled, my cheeks heating up even more.

He chuckled a bit more, kissing my forehead then taking the pan of baked chicken out of the oven. He placed it on the stove then moved back between my legs.

"It's awfully quiet. Where's your little friend, Jason?"

"He's been working a lot, but I don't know for what. I know he's been bringing his little friends over here, but that's about it," I said, leaning back. "That reminds me, I need to start working again. I have bills to pay."

"I know, I know. I've been taking up all your time and attention. I've gotten so used to being around you, it feels weird when you're gone," he explained, tracing shapes into my thigh.

"Attached to me already, huh?"

"I guess you could say that, yeah."

I cupped his cheeks, tilting his head up but his eyes stayed down. With a sigh, I patted his cheek gently and he slowly looked at me.

"Don't make fun of me," he mumbled.

"I would never, baby," I told him, rubbing his cheek bones with my thumb.

Carter looked at me again, moving his head to the crook of my neck and wrapping his arms around me tightly. I brought my arms around him and gently rubbed his back. He let out a soft sight, holding me tighter.

"Sorry if I seem so clingy. If you want me to stop, I-I can."

"Don't apologize, it's okay."

I've never seen Carter so... vulnerable. I liked it, though. I may just be speaking for myself but I'm glad he trusts me enough to break down his walls once in a while.

"I know it's only been a few months, but you really mean a lot to me, Red," Carter spoke up, looking at me.

"You mean a lot to me, too. I-I mean, a lot."

He cupped my cheek, humming and kissing me softly.

"I'm lucky to have you," he whispered, looking over my face.

My lips parted, placing my hand on top of his and leaning more into it.

Jesus, what has this man done to me?

"U-Um, you want me to fix you a plate?" I asked.

"Ah, ah. I'll fix it, because I need to get you in the habit of being spoiled."

"I can't get into that habit. I'm used to doing everything," I sighed.

Carter looked over to me and sighed, walking back my way.

"Baby, I know that. But I want you to know that you won't have to do everything in this relationship. It wouldn't hurt to let someone else take care of you, Red. Let me take care of you."

I pursed my lips then sighed, slowly nodding my head. He smiled then pecked my lips before going back to fixing a plate. My eyes averted over to him, watching and I couldn't help but smile.

I was lucky to have Carter. Hell, I was lucky to have met him. He's the best thing to happen to me, and I just don't want to mess it up. It's going amazing so far, so I'm just hoping my... issues don't mess it up.

"Hey, Carter?"

"Yeah?" He replied, looking at me.

""Um... would you want to meet my parents?" I asked, fidgeting with my nails.

"Your parents? Are you serious?"

"Y-You can say no. It was just a suggestion, or whatever," I mumbled, looking at my lap.

"Would they even like me or... accept me?"

"They care about my happiness, and you're apart of that. They know I'm 'seeing' someone, but they need to know that it's more than just seeing someone."

I caught a smile spread on his face before he looked my way, handing me the plate.

"Alright, I'll meet them. When would we go?"

"When they come back from out of town, which is probably in a week or so," I told him, eating a forkful.

"I remember you told me about not seeing them for a few years," Carter started, leaning against the counter in front of me. "How was it seeing them again?"

"It was really good," I said, smiling. "They clearly didn't hold a grudge against me for the way I left, but I still felt like shit. We talked about it and all... I even told them about Liam."

"Jesus, I can't imagine how they felt."

"Ma was emotional and my dad was pissed, but more at himself. He felt like he didn't protect me, and I feel like that was my fault."

"Red..."

"I'm serious. I put myself in that situation and it even exceeded to the point that I was forced to leave home. He should've been pissed at me for letting it get that far," I sighed, picking at my food.

"Red, you were in an abusive and manipulative relationship. That's not your fault, you were a victim in that situation. There's no telling what would've happened, baby. You can't blame yourself for that," Carter said, putting his plate down and moving towards me.

"I-I know," I mumbled. "But, Carter-"

"But nothing. Just be happy that you're no longer in that situation anymore, and in a much better relationship."

I looked at him then nodded my head, pecking his lips. He pecked my lips back then went back to his plate, stuffing his mouth. I leaned back and continued to eat, letting my legs swing.

"Want to watch movies and be lazy today?" Carter asked, looking back at me.

I smiled then quickly nodded. Carter quickly finished his plate then placed it in the sink, scooping me up and making sure not to drop my plate. I broke out into a fist of laughter when he started to pepper kisses all over my face. He chuckled then kissed my cheek, before sitting on the couch, with me on his lap.

We both leaned back as Carter started looking through movies. I got comfortable then continued eating, moving my legs to the couch as his arm went around my waist.

I looked at him, kissing him quickly then resting my head on his shoulder when he clicked on a movie. Bringing my attention to the tv, I snuggled closer to him and just let myself relish in the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498 37 36
*EDITING AND ONGOING* Scarlett was never ordinary. Having her entire family be apart of the Mafia since she could remember. She hoped to stay out of...
71 1 14
Nineteen-year-old Savannah Evans is a regular girl struggling with her troubled family life. Her world takes an unexpected turn when she is mistaken...
247K 8.2K 100
Scarlett was living in bliss when her little girl entered the world. She shut her eyes content that her life's just started. Only to open them and l...
342 40 22
You know that feeling where your world is spinning and you don't know why and you can't stop it. That is exactly how I felt until one day I was taken...