The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

By NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... More

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday

260 4 0
By NoOneToRemember123

Y/N's Pov

I collapsed to the ground. My aura had just separated from me and was standing independently in front of me.

Doppelganger: "Look at you."

Y/N: "What? How?"

Doppelganger: "You have failed. You had it all. And here you are now. You have nothing left!" It reached down and grabbed me by the wound in my chest. Compared to before, this pain was nothing, so I barely made a sound. The it picked me up by the wound. "Everyone you care about has cast you aside." It dropped me. "You can't change your failure. It is time for you to move on." 

I felt my now uncontained semblance surge through me. I stood up in one instant motion.

Y/N: "Make me." I took a swing at it and it turned and pushed me away. It hurt, but now my instinct was in control. I recovered instantly and hit back. Both of us erupted in a battle that must have only lasted a few real-time seconds. In the end, I stood victorious.

Doppelganger: "You will never be free if you keep fighting!"

Y/N: "I don't care. I still have a job to do." 

I stabbed it. Now it was its turn to scream in its distorted voice. I ripped my blade out of it and it dissolved back into me. I knew I had just gained something never seen before. 

I stood there for a second, then turned around to see a bright light. I started walking to it. Suddenly some Grimm came at me, and I decided to test my new power. I stabbed my sword into the ground, stunning all of them. 

Then I stepped to the right, while my aura stepped to the left. It felt the same as before, but without the pain. I saw that my own body looked like it was burning with F/C fire and my clothes were glowing the same color. 

I sheathed my sword, and my aura did the same. I was already a force to be reckoned with, but now I could output twice the number of strikes. The Grimm didn't stand a chance.

Once they were out, I stepped into the light. The next thing I saw, I was lying down on a rock surrounded by Grimm. I saw the god of darkness.

God of Darkness: "Good. You are awake."

Y/N: "What happened?"

God of Darkness: "You died. I pulled you out. While you were here, I used you as a reference to make the Grimm more individualistic and intelligent. If we are going to defeat my brother, we need everything at its peak."

Y/N: "So I did actually see all of that?"

God of Darkness: "You were on the line between this life and the afterlife. I pulled you out and gave you all the power you can contain. Your existing abilities no longer have their previous limits, your weapon now runs on magic instead of that mineral, I have given you the power to split part of your soul into a separate entity, and I have made you immortal. You can still be killed, but you will not age. You no longer need food to survive either."

Y/N: "So I don't need to reload my sword anymore?"

God of Darkness: "Yes. You are now the most powerful human to ever live."

Y/N: "What do we do now?"

God of Darkness: "We will attack as soon as possible. My brother has consolidated his forces at the place you call Beacon. While you were gone, he brought all of your species under his control. I have made you immune to his power, but you are the last free human."

Y/N: "How do we stop them?"

God of Darkness: "My brother is perfectly equal to me. I will keep him occupied. You will lead the Grimm on the ground, and once you have an opening, join me against him. With you added in, the two of us together can defeat him." 

It was a sound strategy. And it would leave an opening to take out both of them. It was perfect. I could still do this.

Timeskip

We arrived and came in hard. I signaled the Grimm to charge, and teleported into the fray. I tore through the human forces with no effort. I shattered their lines of defense in seconds, and knocked out almost every anti-air weapon in the area, allowing the fleet of Nevermores to dive in and keep the airships occupied. 

The sky darkened with the sheer number of ships and Grimm, but I could see the gods locked in battle. I noticed that the god of light had team RWBY helping him from both a ship and on one of Wiess's bug summons. They would be enough to tip the scale against him, but the god of light would be weak enough for me to strike.

Just then, team JNPR came at me. It began with shots from everyone except Jaune, which I hurled back at them.

Jaune: "Just surrender. You can't win."

Y/N: "Surrender to you? Don't make me laugh." 

I teleported all around them, making cuts in a radius all around them in a few seconds. Their auras broke instantly and they fell unconscious. The new enhancements to my semblance were even better than I expected.

Oscar: "Y/N!" I stopped.

Y/N: "I wondered where you went to. I'm going to need that back." I pointed to Ozpin's cane.

Oscar: "What do you want with it?"

Y/N: "Less power for all of you to use against me."

Oscar: "Imagine if Ozpin could see you now."

Y/N: "I don't care about him anymore. It's partially his fault this happened."

Oscar: "He taught me everything he could do. You can't hope to beat me." 

He extended the cane and charged at me with what looked like some kind of aura shield. I didn't even flinch. With one quick swipe of my hand, I shattered Ozpin's cane, breaking the shield and knocking Oscar unconscious. I saw there was nothing left of the cane except the handle, which I picked up. Maybe it would be useful at some point.

I looked up and saw that the gods were still fighting, but team RWBY had left. I guess they had done enough for the god of light to win. Just then, I heard a voice that before would have meant something to me.

Yang: "What are you doing? Working with Grimm? Remember when you fought these things so hard I had to hold you back?"

Y/N: "Those days are over." The rest of her team tried to get me while I was distracted by her, but I was far too fast for them to hit me. "I know who I am now." I said to all of them.

Yang's Pov

I couldn't believe how fast he had fallen. It had only been a week before that he was a my sweet, loving partner, and now he was an ally of the monsters he swore to fight. There was nothing I could do. 

We held our own against him for a while, but eventually he knocked us off balance with the same move as before by stabbing the ground. This time, it looked like his aura separated from him, and he looked like he was burning with power. His eyes and scar were glowing, and his body looked like it was on F/C fire. His clothes looked similar. 

His double didn't have a face at all, but I could see two flames of the same color where eyes would be. I didn't know what to think. Before I could try to make sense of it, both versions of him jumped into action. 

We had barely held against him before, but this time there was almost nothing we could hope to do. Ruby tried her silver eyes, but both of them just teleported to the other side of her and together finished her off. The rest of my team didn't last much longer.

I managed to remain conscious, but my aura was shattered. All I could do was watch. The next thing I saw was the god of darkness land next to him. At least we had managed to defeat him.

Y/N's Pov

I saw my chance, and took it. I came over to my ally, and stabbed him. He didn't react.

God of Darkness: "I knew from the start this was your plan. Good luck." I was caught off guard.

Y/N: "You aren't angry?"

God of Darkness: "Thanks to you, I have become disillusioned with our actions. It is time for something to rise and live without us. Go. I have left a worthy successor. You will lead the Grimm into a new dawn, a new beginning. That was my plan since you sided with me." 

I pulled my sword out. He stopped moving, and the purple glow he emitted died away.

Some of the Grimm stopped what they were doing and surrounded me. A massive, almost humanoid one roared at me, only to then bow. The others followed. 

I heard the god of light land behind me.

Y/N: "You're next." I pointed my sword at him. The Grimm dispersed to continue the battle, and had an easy time with the shocked humans who had seen everything that just happened.

God of Light: "My brother was a fool to trust you."

Y/N: "You would never understand."

I attacked. He was powerful, but clearly drained, meanwhile I was still at full capacity. I started small, partially to give him a false sense of security, partially to study his abilities, and partially because I was so consumed by anger at him that I wanted his death to be slow and painful. As the fight progressed, he began to use increasingly powerful attacks, but always failed to hit me.

Eventually there was a lull in the battle. I had begun to tire out, but I only needed a short rest. He seemed to have begun to realize he might not win this battle.

God of Light: "Why throw it all away? I can see you know power is not worth throwing away your life for."

Y/N: "You can't see. You never will." I stabbed the ground, and separated my aura from my body.

This time he couldn't hope to keep up. I stopped holding back completely. I created a vacuum for a split second with the sheer amount of force I was creating. Eventually, his own defenses broke, and I knew it was over. I had won. 

I reabsorbed my aura and stabbed him. When he went dark like his brother, I could tell every human had sensed it. The Grimm had, too. They stopped fighting and looked to me, wondering if I wanted to keep fighting or leave.

I looked to my own people, and saw nothing but anger. They hadn't been freed. I knew now that the god of darkness had been right. Humanity's time was over, and the Grimm would take their place.

I motioned to the Grimm, and they pulled out. I looked at Yang for a second.

Y/N: "Goodbye." I left as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 112 18
y/n wasn't just an ordinary student at beacon academy, he wasn't even close to being that All rights for rwby go to rooster teeth
95.3K 1.6K 12
After the death of your Master, you abandon your life as a warrior monk of Sun Zhang. Aiming to be a Huntsman, you attend Beacon Academy, however you...
1.6K 98 6
The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventures as a prospective student of Beacon aca...
817K 12.2K 52
Y/N is paralyzed due to a mission. What happens when the girls of Beacon Academy show him love when there is none shown to him? Will they be able to...