Alpha's Second Chance (Second...

By BinanFanclubMember

Sequel to Omega's Second Chance Dean Richards hadn't been the same since he raped and rejected Jackson Rhodes... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24- End

12

252 19 1
By BinanFanclubMember

Evan

"Let's go eat already, so I can devour that sweet ass of yours for dessert," Dean whispered in my ear huskily, causing me to inhale sharply, only to choke on my own spit. He laughed as he walked out of the room, and I followed right after him.

Thinking back on what we were about to do, it made me blush, but I was also somewhat grateful for Angel's interruption. I wasn't sure what to expect after dinner. Was he planning on actually claiming me? Or was this just going to be a way to satisfy a primal urge, and he wasn't going to claim me at all, like what happened with his first Mate? Suddenly, I didn't want to go through with it at all...

"Chill, kit," Jasper said. It was the first time he'd called me Kit before, but I didn't mind. "You're majorly overthinking this stuff. If you really don't feel comfortable, why not invite him on a run with you? I'm positive he hasn't gone since he arrived, and I'm pretty sure Axle needs to get out."

I considered Jasper's suggestion, before nodding, it was a good idea, and I'd do it. I just hoped Dean wouldn't be too upset about it.

Right before we made it to the dining room, I tugged on his sleeve. When he turned around, I bowed my head slightly.

"Can we go on a run after dinner instead?" I mumbled quietly. I really didn't want to upset my Mate by denying him what he wanted, but at the same time, I wanted to make sure I also felt comfortable before we kept going.

"What? I couldn't hear you. Could you repeat that for me, babe?" Dean asked.

I looked up and sighed before repeating my question. When he heard it, there was a look on Dean's face that I couldn't quite read.

"What do you mean instead? I thought you were just as into it as I was?" He looked at me confused, and I didn't really know how to explain it to him.

I didn't want to hurt him by saying I didn't want to be treated like his first Mate, which was true, but I also wanted our mating to be more meaningful than a spur of the moment.

"I-I was, it's just..." my voice trailed off, unsure of how to put my feelings into words.

"Let me guess," he started, a sad sigh escaping as he stepped away from me. The distance he put between us made my chest ache. "You're worried I'll somehow treat you like Jackson. Is that it?" He crossed his arms as he leaned against the far wall.

"N-no," I stammered. "I-I just want our mating to be special... not just some spur of the moment thing that you could come to regret..." I looked down at my feet, unable to continue looking at Dean.

"You think I'd regret mating with you?" His voice was soft, quiet. I knew instantly that he'd taken my words out of context, and they'd hurt him.

Obviously I can't handle having a Mate if I can't even put my own feelings into words that make sense to anyone!

Instead of responding, I ran. My eyes were stinging, and I could feel the tears overflowing, falling down my face, but I didn't care. I had to get away.

I heard Dean's voice calling after me, but I didn't stop. I ran passed the dining room and through the front door, out into the clearing. I didn't know what to do, so I simply shed my clothes and quickly shifted into my fox form, running into the forest, not wanting to be caught by anyone.

I found myself back near the little town where I'd met Glinda before. I shifted back, and found a spare set of clothes in a knothole of a tree, before heading into the town, and toward the flower shop. I wasn't exactly expecting it to be open at this late hour, and I also wasn't planning on buying anything, but being here, with the fragrant blooms made me feel better.

I was surprised when I saw the light was still on in the flower shop, and when I tried the door, it opened! I walked inside the cute little shop, and simply basked in the scents all around me for a few minutes.

"Hello, is someone there?" Glinda's sweet voice called out from the back. It made me smile slightly.

I walked up to the counter, and smiled at the woman.

"Hello, again, Glinda," I said. She looked at me in surprise before recognition blossomed across her features and she smiled right back.

"Why, hello, dearie! I wasn't expecting to see you back so soon!"

I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. She seemed to pick up on my emotions, because she quickly started closing up shop around her as I simply stood there.

"Tell you what, I was just getting ready to close for the night, so why don't you help me, and then the two of us can go somewhere and have a nice chat? Get your mind cleared?"

I sighed in relief, and nodded. She talked me through her closing routine, and we were able to finish in less than 10 minutes.

She flipped over the closed sign before turning off the last light as we left the shop, and she locked the front door.

"That was the fastest I have ever managed to close! You are a lifesaver, dearie!" Glinda beamed at me, and I couldn't help but smile back.

We started walking toward a small cafe down the street, where we sat in a small corner booth away from everyone so we could talk.

I told her all about my concerns toward Dean, substituting certain words for human lingo. When I was finished, she was silent for several minutes.

"So you were on board with his plan, until your friend came and informed you of dinner, and your doubts reared up when you were walking down?" Glinda asked finally.

"Yes. I know what happened with his ex was a spur of the moment, and ended up hurting both of them in the process, and he greatly regrets it now. I don't want the same to be true with me, spur of the moment and he may regret it. But also, I don't want to have my first time be spur of the moment in general. I want it to be romantic, planned out special just for me. Not simply because hormones got the best of us!" By the end my voice was raised.

"Did you tell him that? Did you explain you felt that way?" She was giving me this odd look that I didn't particularly like.

"I did. But he didn't listen to what I said! He only took the part about him maybe regretting the spur of the moment thing, and made it out like my point was worrying he might regret choosing me!" I was starting to get emotional all over again. "I just want it to be special, to mean something. Not just be remembered as, 'oh that one time we decided to goof off and have sex as a way to make up, despite it being our first time together!' And the fact he latched onto the regret part, it really hurts..." I started crying all over again, burying my face in my hands.

I heard footsteps near me, but I didn't bother uncovering my face, assuming it was simply the waitress to take our orders. Until I heard talking.

"I'm guessing you heard at least some of that?" It was Glinda, talking to someone. I didn't hear their reply though. "I think you need to sit down and have a nice talk together. You know how he feels, now make sure he understands how you feel."

With that, I heard the squeak of the booth as someone stood up, followed by another squeak, as if someone else sat down in their place. Then there was retreating footsteps, but they were much softer than the ones I'd caught arriving.

I still didn't bother uncovering my face though, I was too distraught. I heard the booth squeak again, and then felt my booth move as someone sat down next to me. Within seconds, there was an arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me closer to a broad chest. I let out an audible gasp, and this time, I did look up, only to see an empty booth in front of me.

"Evan," someone said softly, right by my ear. It startled me, and I recognized the voice instantly as belonging to Dean!

I sat up and looked at him, wide-eyed. How the fuck did he find me?

"I followed your scent trail. Just like I did when I brought you back to the den the first day. Only this time, it led me to you, and not where you came from." He gave a light chuckle, and I realized I'd asked my question out loud, like a dumbass.

"Why? Why'd you follow me?"

"Because you ran out so fast, and I didn't even get a chance to fully process everything you'd said. I'm sorry I took it so negatively." He kissed my forehead, causing me to giggle. "So what do you say? Will you come back home with me? We can go on that run like you said. How does that sound?"

I looked up at him and smiled, giving him a light kiss. "I like that idea."

We stood from the booth and started walking toward the exit, holding hands the whole way. Dean stopped for a couple minutes, and pulled out what I assumed was a phone. How he managed to bring it with him, and where he kept it, I didn't know. Once he was finished with whatever he was doing, we continued on our way.

When we made it to the woods, we stuffed the backup clothing back inside the knotholes we found them from, Dean pulling out a fanny pack type thing and stuffing the phone inside before putting it on himself, and shifted into our animal forms. Dean went first.

When I got a look at Axle for the first time, I was blown away. He was a gorgeous wolf. He was almost a chocolate brown all over. It was almost like looking at a small brown bear.

After he shifted, Dean looked over at me and yipped, telling me to hurry up. I shrugged before I shifted, feeling my bones crack and pop as my body changed, feeling the itching under my skin as fur erupted. I fell down onto four paws and shook my orange coat out before I looked at Dean, a foxy grin on my face. He looked at me with his tongue sticking out and I remembered this was the first time he'd seen me standing on my own in my fox form. The first time he'd seen my shift, I'd been on the brink of death. I cringed just thinking of it.

I ran around Dean's wolf, circling and yipping at him, nipping his tail whenever I passed, doing anything I could in order to entice him to play with me.

Finally, he let out a playful growl, and I was off at full speed, threading my way through the trees in hopes to make him lose my trail.

Sadly, I wasn't that lucky. Within minutes, he not only caught up with me, but tackled me, sending us both rolling on the ground. I was chittering happily, and he was panting, tongue sticking out and everything. It was a lot of fun.

I lay on the ground, on my belly, tail straight up, wagging in the air, and when I had his attention, I bolted once more, heading toward the den. I didn't know what had come over me, but I was feeling insanely excited, wanting Dean to chase me. I wasn't sure what would happen if he were to catch me, though, and I also wasn't sure if I really cared all that much.

I ran all the way back to the den, where I shifted, and gathered my discarded clothes someone was nice enough to put in a bin for me, before hurrying inside. I rushed up to my room to hide, except I saw something I never thought I'd see in my room.

Candles and rose petals.

Candles on my nightstand and rose petals on the bed. It was breathtaking. Was this what Dean was doing on his phone? But who was he texting? He didn't know anyone in this pack of misfits aside from myself and... Angel. My best friend is amazing!

I was spending so much time admiring the room that I didn't even notice when someone had entered, until I felt arms wrap around me. I squeaked in surprise, causing them to laugh as they held me.

"Sorry to surprise you like that. Didn't Angel to a great job in here? And in such a short period of time too?"

I tilted my head up to stare into Dean's chocolate brown eyes as he stared down into my gold ones.

"Why did you ask Angel to do this?" I asked softly.

He smiled and rocked us side to side gently.

"I wanted to make a romantic vibe in here. I'm just glad you wanted to play as much as you did, it gave Angel enough time to get this all set up."

I looked around again and I realized something.

"You're really wanting to do this, aren't you?"

He grinned toothily at me. "Guilty as charged. Is that a bad thing?"

I thought about it for a second, before I slipped out of his arms, turning around just in time to see his face fall. Without giving him a response, I dragged him over to the bed, and lay myself down when we were right at the foot.

"Well?" I teased huskily. His eyes widened when he saw my position. "You said you wanted to devour my ass for dessert, right? Well, here it is~" I quickly turned around, and started crawling up the bed, swinging my hips with each movement to emphasize my point.

Within seconds, I felt hands on my hips, stopping my movements, followed by Dean grinding himself against me.

He leaned his weight over my back, draping himself until his mouth was right against my ear, sending pleasurable chills down my spine with every breath.

"I'm going to have so much fun devouring this ass of yours. I'm also not going to simply fuck you, Evan," he whispered huskily. Before I could ask what he meant, he continued on. "I'm going to make love to this sexy ass of yours, and then I'll fuck you into the mattress. When I'm done with you, you won't be walking without a permanent limp for days, if not weeks."

I wiggled my hips against his hardening groin, eliciting a hiss and a groan from him.

"Then what are you waiting for, sexy? It's all yours~."

And he pounced like a wild animal, carrying out his promise to a tee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1K 11
Jackson Rhodes is on the run from his home pack. His Goddess-given mate assaulted him and then rejected him. He has nowhere to go. Until he comes upo...
74.1K 3.5K 35
FOURTH BOOK OF "HIS ALPHA" SERIE, CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE, BUT CONTAIN SPOILERS AND MAY BE CONFUSING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO READ THE FIRST BOO...
964K 37.3K 45
Presley had it all, a loving family, great support, a great pack behind him. One thing he didn't have was his mate by his side. After seven years of...
135K 3.9K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...