Re:Zero Life in a Modern world

By KuroiHitsujisan

You are a freelance artist whose work usually go unrecognized, you attend a college in hopes to improve your... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 2: Introduction
Chapter 3: Girlfriend?
Chapter 4: Routine
Chapter 5: Cotton Candy
Chapter 6: Maid in heaven

Chapter 1: Strangers

622 20 5
By KuroiHitsujisan

The moon shines brightly in the night sky, not being bothered by any clouds it shined the street in a coat of blue.

Your eyes are weary after finishing your shift in a restaurant, the agonizing pain of your back and the weight of your shoulders was enough to make you sleepy, but alas you had to walk.

The cool breeze of the passing cars kept you awake for the whole trip. You stop by a convenience store before going home, buying the same cup of noodles along with the same can of orange soda.

The cashier finishes checking your items and waits for your response but alas looking at your wallet you could only afford the noodles.

"Just a few more days and I can pay this month's rent" you said to yourself, as you walks out the convenience store carrying your grocery.

As you wait for the crosswalk lights to change you yawned due to your exhaustion, you blinked and with that you see this familiar darkness you always see, letting you know that its time to pay it a visit but as you open your eyes you see an unfamiliar image.

With the moon's light bouncing towards your eyes this image became rather soothing. A bright blue shining as if it was made of light, a monochrome pattern that made the blue color stand out, this unusual sight was accompanied with an alluring skintone, it was like she was made of porcelain, as if she was a mannequin or a doll.

But the sound of on coming traffic broke your trance you see the figure more clearly now it was a young woman walking towards on coming traffic, with you being the only one on the side walk you reached out.

"WATCH OUT!"

You grabbed her arm, this delicate yet soft arm, you then pulled her towards you with force to make her come back before she meets the headlights of an on coming driver.

You dropped your bag and noodles and fell to the ground alongside her, as the on coming traffic passes by. She lands on top of you safe from the concrete you fell on.

A few moments later you calmed down and sit up, she moves aside to the concrete next to the noodles you dropped. You looked at her and thought to yourself.

"She is very cute"

As both of you made eye contact, You blushed before standing up you asked her if she was okay, she nods. You went to grab your noodles and gave her a warning about crossing the street.

She thanked you for saving her life and wanted to give you something as thanks but you declined and walked away back to your apartment.

Having such an experience happened you wanted to back track and prove to yourself it was real but it was getting late and you had to sleep before your classes tomorrow.

So you ate what was left with your noodles that got damaged and went to sleep.

You try to get the day's exhaustion off of you but something inside you refused too, you were restless and went through the night sleepless, you were worried.

The girl who you just met looked like she was cosplaying as some sort of maid but something doesn't feel right. Although you've seen your friends cosplay and other strangers in conventions do the same this particular person felt different.

It was as if she was not from this world, it was in the middle of night you hear nothing but distant crickets and know you can't sleep anymore you try to find the person again.

You walked slowly to the convenience store while looking around to see if you can catch a glimpse of her but you hear a voice in the distance, a girl's voice demanding.

"Please leave me alone"

Within that voice mixed in was several voices that sounded like young men. You peeked behind an alley and saw the same figure along with other figures. 3 young men surrounded her, Teasing her, and asking her for sexual favours. She tries to not make eye contact and refused them but they urged her to do it, until one person grabbed her arm she then reacts and tries to judo throw the person but alas she could only tug on him. The young men caught on what she was doing and grabbed her other arm now forcing her to do sexual activities.

You had to think quickly, luckily you have your phone with you so you used that to your advantage. You yelled into the alleyway.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS IS THE POLICE"

The young men were then startled by the flashlight you used on your phone and ran the other direction of the alley leaving the girl alone.

You then ran to the girl and urged her to come with you, she couldn't see your face due to the flashlight but she still felt safe from a familiar feeling she got from your hand. She followed you willingly as you hold her hand while running away from the alley.

When you stopped to catch your breath you looked back to check on her and if you were being followed she was out of breath it was if she ran a marathon not to brag about since you yourself looked like you were at death's door from being out of breath.

After awhile you asked if she was alright, she nods and bows down to show her thanks again. You felt embarrassed and told her to stop, she refused and kept bowing.

"You saved me twice already and I have nothing to show for my thanks I am very grateful for what you did even though we're strangers"

She finally spoke to you, her fluency was that of a native to your country but what she just went through felt like what a foreigner would do.

You asked her.
"You're not from here are you?"
She nods no, and what she says next was the most bizzare thing you've experienced all day.

"I-I-I am not from this world..."

Such a sentence to come out from such a girl took you aback and you fell down on the concrete.
She got worried and asked if you were okay, you told her you were fine and offered her some water in your place.

She followed you to your home, along the way you thought to yourself

"Wait...am I bringing a girl home?"

With this thought you struggled to put the key through the lock on your door.
When you opened the door she sees your apartment, it was a mess your clothes were everywhere and your trash was piling up.

"Sorry I didn't know I would be bringing someone home, if I did I would have cleaned up. Here take a seat"

She takes a seat on your single chair behind a table. You cleaned a glass and gave her water.
You apologized to her that you didn't have anything else to offer but she shrugs it off and was still grateful.

"Do you live alone um...."

She she asked you about your living circumstances you suddenly realized that you haven't introduced yourself yet.

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot, I'm (Y/N)"

"What a nice name. I'm Rem."

"Nice to meet you Rem and to answer your question, yes again I'm really sorry I didn't cleaned up but I wasn't expecting any guests so its a mess."

She shrugs it off and says she doesn't mind since it was your apartment,you asked her to elaborate further on what she said earlier.

She takes a sip of the water and answers.

"It's as you heard it. For some reason I was teleported to this world while I was doing my duties as a maid."

The story was really unbelievable. You stood there bewildered, it was really awkward to talk to her while you were standing but you kept at it.

"I'm sorry to ask you this but are you in character?"

She looks at you confusingly

"In character? What is that?"

You explained to her that in this world its normal to see people wear clothes like her and look like her even to the point as to make a story like she did.

Although it looked like she felt offended to hear that you didn't believe her at first she still respected your question.

"No. I am from a world where magic is present. Where people could create objects from just thin air. Here let me show you."

You asked

"What are you doing?"

She stands and closes her eyes.

"I am from a clan of onis we manifest a horn to gather mana in the atmosphere"

She stands there focusing but nothing happened.

"W-w-what?"

She appears to be confused, she tries again, and again, and again.
Until to such point she was straining herself, so you asked her to stop before she hurts herself.

"I-I don't understand why can't I use my horn?!"

She holds out her hand straining herself again. Trying to use her magic but nothing worked.

"This can't be happening."

"I'm sorry but in this world the only magic we have is the t.v and other things I still don't understand how it works."

Rem looked at you as if she remembered something her eyes sparkled as if she found an answer.

"T.v? As in television?"

"Yea, why? Do you have televisions in your world too?"

Rem shakes her head slightly.

"No...It's just I remembered something."

"Hm? What's that?"

Rem then looks at you eagerly and slams her palms on the table.

"(Y/N)-san... do you have ice creams, taxis, skyscrapers, and Tokyo tower?"

"Not particularly mine but we have all of them here in my world."

She then returns to her seat and ponders on your answer

"As I thought....I've been teleported to the world where Subaru-kun was born"

"Who exactly?"

Rem then asks you softly

"Do you happen to know anyone by the name Natsuki Subaru?"

"No not really."

"But people do wear tracksuit here right?"

"Yes, but not as a casual clothing, not usually."

She thought hard that it was visible on her face... seeing as it was getting late you asked her if she has anywhere else to stay and offered to walk her there.

But as it appeared she was completely homeless. You then thought to yourself if what really happened, happened because for a girl who has no knowledge of how to live in this world to just suddenly appear in front of you it seems purely fictional or coincidental.

You shyly offered her to sleep in your apartment. She thanks you again bowing down trying to show how grateful she was to you but it was still embarrassing so you asked her to stop.

Funny enough you had a spare towel and oversized clothing that didn't fit you or her. You gave her the spare loose clothes along with the towel. You hear her struggling to figure out how the shower works and you guided her through the process.

While she was having a bath you took the time to clean out your room of "embarrassing stuff" and dust. You made sure the bed was made neatly and you grabbed a spare blanket and some clothes.

When she finished she was already changed into the clothes you gave her, although they were oversized they still fit Rem nicely as the shirt was up to her thighs and she wore the long pajama bottom you gave her.

She had a cheery look on her face which reminded you this was the first time you've seen her smile, you showed her the bedroom and she thanks you again. You close the door and went to take a quick shower, by the time you finished you went to check on Rem she sleeps soundly on your bed under your blanket.

Meanwhile you prepped your bed, you went to your couch and pile up the spare clothes you took from your room to make a pillow, you lay down on your cotton couch feeling the soft and wooden parts of it you fell asleep.

You slept peacefully knowing the worried feeling you felt drift away and feel a never ending bliss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

856K 39.9K 170
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
608K 29K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
221K 5.4K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
233K 15.3K 78
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...