The Microphone ◊ IM5

By yellowhoodies

Completed. The Microphone is the most popular singing competition in the United States. Teenagers across the... More

Chap. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24

Chap. 13

204 4 5
By yellowhoodies

"I can't do it."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What if I say something stupid or what if he ends up figuring out he doesn't like me?"

"Sarah, look at me." She turned to face me. Her face filled with worry, "Did he sing to you?"

"Yes."

"Did he sing to 'Little Things', the most romantic song ever to be written in all of human's race history, to you?"

"He did." She said while blushing.

"Then don't doubt for even a second if he likes you."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Look, if it would calm your nerves, maybe I could talk to Cole and we could go on a double date."

"Yes! That sounds perfect! Thank you, Mar!"

I hugged her, "No problem."

~~~~~~~

I was heading out to Cole's room. On my way, I saw Amanda and her crew.

After what happened last time, I didn't want to test my luck, so I covered my face with a hoodie and threw on sunglasses.

I walked as quickly as my feet would take me, I made it past unnoticed.

Out of a sudden, when I thought I was safe, I felt someone grab my sweatshirt's collar.

I wiggle myself out of the person's grasp.

"Not so fast, Ryan." Said Amanda.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, tired of all the fighting.

She scoffed, "Like you don't know."

"I really don't."

"Then only time will tell," she said with a smirk, "just stay out of my way. And stay away from my man."

She let me go and I ran.

'Stay away from my man.'

Was she talking about Dana?

Dana and I are just friends.

What was going on?

~~~~~~

I finally made it to Cole's room. I knocked on the door.

Will opened the door, he looked incredibly stressed.

"Y'Okay, buddy?" I asked.

"No! I'm totally freaking out!" He said as I entered the room.

"Dude, chill." Said Cole as he walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, "Everything's gonna be fine."

"I can't go alone with her, I haven't had an actual conversation with her!"

"And that, my friends, is why I'm here. I was thinking maybe, if you're both cool with it, we could do a double date."

"Yes!" Exclaimed Will, "Yes, oh God, yes!"

"Wait," Said Cole, "is Sarah okay with this?"

"Yeah, her reaction was practically the same as Will's. They're both nervous as hell."

Will laughed nervously and Cole chuckled.

I started heading out, "See you tomorrow, boys."

~~~~~~~

"Is this okay?" Asked Sarah, clearly paranoid.

"It's perfect. Will is gonna die when he sees you."

"You think so?"

"I see how the boy looks at you, trust me, he'll die."

She blushed, "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~

Cole called me and said that we had to meet in the beach by the pier. Sarah and I decided to walk since a cab ride would be too expensive. When we finally made it the boys were setting up a picnic. My heart melted, and from the look on her face, I'm guessing that Sarah's melted too.

We slowly walked towards them. Cole smiled when he saw me and I did too.

"Hey, W-Will." Sarah said nervously.

"H-Hi, thanks for coming."

We all sat down and I grabbed my phone.

From: Marley Ryan To: Sarah Rivera

Breathe.

She secretly glanced at her phone, then she looked up at me. If looks could kill, I'd be ten feet under.

I just gave her a reassuring smile. She just removed her hair from her face.

When I was about to grab a sandwich, Cole grabbed my hand. I turned to see him and he was staring deeply at me. I smiled.

I grabbed food and started eating, soon afterwards, everyone ate too.

When the picnic baskets were empty, and we had a long afternoon filled with jokes and memories, I was about ready to call it a day, but then, Cole made me stand up.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He smirked and suddenly, he carried me and started running to the water.

"Cole, put me down!" I exclaimed.

"Fine."

"No! Not in the water!"

But it was too late.

Cole freaking Pendery threw me in the ocean. I reached the surface and inhaled all the air my lungs would accept. I got out of the water and ran to Cole.

"You are an evil human being."

He laughed, "I'm not."

I grabbed his hand and we went to the pier. When we were at the edge, I started to pull Cole in for a kiss, and when his lips were about touch mine, I pushed him into the water.

"You got me, Ryan. You got me," He said, "Now help me up."

I leaned down and grabbed his hand. When I was about to pull him up, he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the water. I screamed again.

When I resurfaced, I splashed some water in his face. He did too.

When we were on full splash war mode, Will screamed: "When you children are done splashing around, we'll see you in the hotel."

We laughed like we never had before, "Okay, see you!"

After more splashing around, Cole and I stopped. We got out of the water and he grabbed the blanket we used for the picnic and wrapped it around me.

Out of all the dates we've had, this was definetely my favorite.

~~~~~~~

The next morning, I was in my room getting ready. The music was blasting at the highest volume possible and I was singing at the top of my lungs.

'I'm too hot,

Hot damn,

Call the police and the fireman,

I'm too hot,

Hot damn,

Make a dragon want to retire, man,

I'm too hot,

Hot damn,

Say my name, you know who I am, I'm too hot

Am I bad bout that money?'

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and when I open it, I find Cole.

"That's some vocal power you got there."

"Shut up." I said while laughing, "What's up?"

"Did you see what we have to do for the first round of the live shows?"

"No, what is it?"

"Country song."

~~~~~~

Hey my lovely readers!

Here's a pic of Sarah's date outfit! Check it out!

I hope you liked this chapter, what was your favorite part?

Preview: Country song performance!

Unedited.

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 147 25
Okay so... This is my first IM5 fan fiction!!! Sooo excited!!! BTW: it is more a Cole Pendery fan fic too!! Basically... MG or Mary Grace is a senio...
4.2K 153 29
When Kirstin signed up at the National Vocal Teen Championships, she didn't sign up for the truckload of drama, angst, and stress that came with it...
25.6K 1.2K 72
"All I want is you. You and no one else, and I'll keep you to myself. There's no time to take it slow. Laine, please, let me get to know you." A typi...
2.3K 206 30
I was Inspired by a well known gang story about im5 from iamnobodygirl but this one has its own twist please if you have not read our unpredictable l...