His Fated One (Arthur Leywin...

By VioletGirlRose

Arthur Leywin and Rosalia Eralidth (decided to change it to something else) became friends after he saved her... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17

14

763 41 3
By VioletGirlRose

Third Person's P.O.V
Xyrus Academy, an institution hailed as the most exalted sanctuary for any would-be-mage privileged enough to have both the background and talent to enter. A breeding ground of acclaimed scholars, guild members, leaders, royal guards and military powerhouses. Anyone who has made an impact in this world had ties with Xyrus Academy. That was the kind of fame this school held, an insurmountable titan compared to the countless other academies scattered over the continent. And standing at the helm of it all is the Academy's very own Director Goodsky.

Arthur and Director Goodsky stared at each other making everyone in the room anxious. "Nice to finally meet you, Arthur Leywin." Director Goodsky said as she held her hand in front of him. 'What is the proper social convention in a situation like this? Do I kiss her hand? Shake it?' Arthur thought as he stared at her hand. "Nice to meet you as well, Director." Arthur said as he reached his hands out to shake hers but before he could his mom grabbed his head. "I'm so sorry for my son's rude behavior, Director Goodsky." Alice said as she made him kneel to the floor and bow his head.

'What the--' Arthur thought when he knelt to the ground. "He's just returned home and is ignorant of formal customs." Alice continued as Arthur's stared tot he ground. 'Ugh... I hope this doesn't take long. I haven't eaten in hours.' Arthur thought hungrily with his mom's hand still on his head. "It's quite alright. If anything, I'm the rude one for intruding at such a late hour. But I couldn't refuse a favor from Vincent, after all his great contribution to Xyrus Academy." Director Goodsky said looking towards Vincent. "Please, I'm just helping out the Academy that I hope for my dear Lilia to one day attend." Vincent told her as he rubbed his head embarrassed.

Lilia looked at her dad before looking away while biting her lip. "It isn't very often that I take a house trio to see a potential student, but Vincent piqued my interest when he insisted that a prodigy of the highest caliber is currently living in his home." Director Goodsky said as she walked looking at Arthur. "Would you mind lending us an open space so I can see a demonstration?" She asked Tabitha who perked up before answering. "Oh, sure!" Tabitha responded as Arthur turned to speak.

"Erm, can I at least eat din-- Ouch!" Arthur shouted out as he felt his Alice pinched his cheek. "Arthur!" She whispered to him while pinching his cheek. "This way, Director Cynthia." Tabitha said as the exited the room with Vincent besides them. "Yes! We have a wonderful paved courtyard that'll be suitable!" Vincent said told her as the rest of them followed behind. "Looks like we won't be able to eat dinner anytime soon, Sylvie." Arthur said as both of their stomachs grumbled at the same time.

"Gyuu-" Sylvie said hoping out of Eleanor's hand while Arthur smile at her. "My... What a lovely Mana Beast. Is that your Father's contracted Beast?" Cynthia said noticing Sylvie. "No. Sylvie is my bond. She hatched just a few months ago." Arthur replied walking towards her besides Alistair and his mom. He was reluctant to follow but Alice dragged him by his color. "Interesting. Many nobles here purchase Mana Beasts to form a contract. But I've never seen a Mana Beast like Sylvie." Cynthia said as Sylvie didn't listen to what she was saying thinking about food.

"Her mother was some sort of scaled wolf with small wings. She was almost dead, protecting her egg when I stumbled into her nest. I guess I got lucky." Arthur replied nonchalantly. Cynthia stared at Sylvie silently as she listened to him. "Here we are!" Vincent said interrupting them as Cynthia turned towards the pair. They walked towards the center of the paved courtyard as Alistair gave his cousin a thumbs up. Arthur nodded before looking away. "Well, let's see if what Vincent said wasn't just an exaggeration. He mentioned that you were an Augmenter, but refused to tell me anything beyond that, saying it'll be a surprise." Cynthia spoke as she looked back at Arthur.

'The boy looks neither worried or scared. Is it confidence or arrogance that leaves him so collected?' Cynthia thought as she noticed he wasn't paying attention to her. 'I wonder what's going to be for dinner... I'm feeling grilled fish today...' Arthur thought the hunter making him wonder what they will eat. "She'll definitely be shocked when Arthur shows his fire and lightning magic! And he won't be able to burn this courtyard down like last time!" Vincent said feeling accomplished. "Do you not wish to arm yourself with a weapon at the very least?" She asked Arthur.

"Seeing as you have no intention of using your wand decorating your wristband, I will go barehanded as well." Arthur replied causing Cynthia to perk up. She looked down at her wristband where her wand was before a smile made it's way on her face. "Very well, shall we begin?" She asked Arthur.

'During my time training with Virion, the explosive power of fire and the adaptive riposte of water were the first Ki Arts from my world to manifest as actual elements in this world for me. After that... The Earth and Wind style martial arts techniques of my previous life culminated as well.' Arthur thought as he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes as the floor under his feet began to crack with a brownish glow surrounding him.

'Control the mixture of internal and ambient Mana as you shape it into the desired effect.' Arthur thought as he raised his right foot and smashed against the paved courtyard destroying the area his foot landed on. The rocks around him began to rise up as everyone except for Alastair and Eleanor to stare shocked. Alastair on the other hand began to grin mischievously as he looked at his cousin. Eleanor on the other hand was being cute as she held Sylvie cheering her brother.

'Different from conjurers, these are the fundamental step augmenters take to manifest an element attack. Of course, I had a bit of a handicap with my past knowledge... Now, let's see how the Director of the most prestigious magic academy reacts when I do... This!' Arthur thought as he jumped and raised his foot kicking the rock towards her. Director Goodwill looked surprised before she smiled. Suddenly a strong wind barrier appeared around her as the rock began to break into smaller pieces by the pressure.

She suddenly pushed the rocks back using the wind sending them back at Arthur full force. He crouched down before pouncing forward towards her barrier with wind swirling around his hand. He punched through managing to make it a few inches towards her face before she made a small tornado and launch it towards Arthur causing him to fly back. 'Use wind to help orient myself... Suspend the stone in the air...' Arthur thought as he flipped onto a rock that was floating behind him.

'Damn, even with all of my training with Virion, it's still difficult to use Earth and Wind simultaneously compared to Fire and Water. Gotta concentrate...' He thought before using the rock to propell himself forward. He dashed towards Director Goodsky who stood waiting before she held her hand to the side summoning another small tornado and throwing it to Arthur pushing him back again. "Wind O Wind, please give me your power." Cynthia said as four miniature tornados appeared in her hand.

'She's already finished preparing another spell?' Arthur thought as he stared ahead at her. The four tornadoes appeared besides her before moving towards Arthur. 'Conjure wind in the opposite rotation to deflect the tornadoes.' He thought as he did exactly as he thought blocking the first tornado and slash the other three getting his clothes torn in the process. She smiled as he landed in front of her. "Impressive. But, you're overconfident in your ability to face opponents head on. All in all, your display of magical and combat prowess was exceptional." She said as she snapped her fingers causing the tornadoes around her to disappear.

"This will be my last test-- An extra credit of sort. Try to stay conscious." Cynthia said as she pointed her index finger towards Arthur as he gave her a hard stare. As she activated the spell Arthur quickly covered his ears in pain. 'Sound magic?! She's a deviant?!' Arthur thought as he experienced her sound ability. "Marvelous. He passes with flying colors. And with the aptitude Arthur has shown in Wind magic, I'm tempted to teach him myself." Cynthia said as she walked passed Reynolds smiling.

"A-Arthur... Since when did you learn to use Earth and Wind magic as well?" Reynolds asked his son surprised as he walked towards him. "What do you mean 'as well'?" Cynthia asked him confused by what he meant. "He-He used Fire magic just yesterday! And Li-Lightning magic! That's why I brought you out into this paved courtyard-- because he burned down my lawn." Vincent told her terribly confused by what had just transpired. "So what you mean to say is that this little boy can control at least three elements, and one to its Deviant level?" Cynthia asked looking back at Vincent shocked.

"Four, actually. I have an elemental affinity for all four elements." Arthur said showing fire and water in his hand causing smoke to arise in his hand. Cynthia almost fell in shock before Arthur catches her. "E-Excuse me. You alright there, Madam Director?" Vincent asked her. "Thanks, I'm okay." Cynthia said as she cleared her throat. "Is brudher strong, Mama?... Mama?" Eleanor asked Alice not receiving a response from her. "Very strong, little one. Perhaps the strongest in the future." Director Goodsky told her as Reynolds stared surprised. 'St-Strongest?' He thought in shocked.

After everyone settled down, I apologize to my family for keeping this from them. "Please, Art... Just no more secrets." Alice told him giggling nervously. My chest tightened at her words, I wished I could promise her that. Afterwards, as they talked, Arthur rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Cynthia noticed something as she rest her hand on his shoulder and a dome appeared around them. "They can't hear this while this spell is active. Please speak your mind." Cynthia told Arthur who looked up at her.

'Seems like she read right through me.' Arthur thought with a smile appearing on his face. "The truth is... I showed you my abilities because I have two things that you have that I need... Power and Influence. Keep my family safe until I become strong enough to do so myself and I'll not only attend your academy, but I'll also consider you my benefactor." Arthur told her as he thought about his parents and younger sister. "Hah. Not even the King and Queen of Saplin would dare make such a one-sided deal with me, yet you think I'd bend to establish a relationship with a mere child?" She told him simply chuckling at his words.

"Perhaps compared to even the King and Queen of Sapin, I'm more aware of the potential of this "mere child", and trust that you do as well. Although... My end of this deal will have to wait until I actually attend your academy." Arthur told her with a sweet smile before it dropped off his face. "Hmm?" Cynthia said curious about what he meant. "You see... I made a promise to someone important to live my life to the fullest. And I think attending the academy at a more normal age would help with that." Arthur explained.

"Goodness, that's over three years from now! What do you plan on doing until then?" Cynthia asked as Arthur closed his eyes. "I haven't told my family yet but... I've decided to become an Adventurer." Arthur said as he turned his attention to his parents who stared at him confused.

"No! Absolutely not! No way!" Alice shouted from behind the door scaring Tabitha and Lilia. "Looks like they've started." Vincent said sweat dropping as he looked upstairs. "It seems so." Director Goodsky said have the same expression as Vincent. "You just got back after we all thought you were dead and now you're saying you want to go get yourself killed out there?! No! Nope! Over my dead body!" Alice shouted at Arthur angrily as Reynold stood besides her. "Mama, don't be mad. No mad!" Ellie told her mother as she gripped her dress. "Gyuu--" Sykvie said hiding behind Arthur.

"Auntie Alice. Please calm down. Arthur must have a good reason for this." Alastair said as he looked at his aunt who gave him a death stare. He looked at her nervously before facing Arthur. "Welp. I tried. I'm gonna go. Good luck." He told his cousin as he late his shoulder before leaving the room causing Arthur to look at him. "Traitor." He whispered before focusing back on his mom. "Honey, I'm not saying I agree with Arthur becoming an adventurer, but let's hear him out at least." Reynold said as he held his wife's shoulder. "How can you say that after everything we went through to get here?!" Alice shouted as she smacked his hand away from her shoulder.

"You understand, right?" Alice asked her husband her eyes getting watery. "Honey..." Reynold said as he held her just as she started to cry. Arthur silently walked forward and held his mom's hand. "I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon, Mom. I was actually looking forward to spending a few months at home with everyone. I know I just got here, but after staying in the Elves Kingdom for three years, I feel like I've missed so much of Sapin and the rest of Dicathen. I want to experience the excitement you and Dad did back when you two were adventurers." Arthur told them softly before he looked up at them with a huge smile on his face.

"I know where you're coming from, Art. I really do. Even I was itching to experience the adventuring life when I awakened as a teenager. But your mother is right to worry. No matter how prepared or strong you think you are, the life of an adventurer is dangerous and unpredictable." Reynold said understanding where his son was coming from. Arthur looked away scratching his cheek before an idea popped in his head. "What if I were to have some sort of guard or supervisor with me?" Arthur suggested to his parents. "Even then..." Alice started to say as she wiped her tears. "Hey... That's not a bad idea! But who would be a good..." Reynold said as his wife stared at him shocked.

Alice grabbed his collar as he stared at her shocked. "No! I can't believe you're even considering it! I will not let you send my son away for another three years!" Alice shouted as Reynold laid limp in her grasp. Eleanor ran to her brother crying as Arthur stared at the scene in front of him. "I'm not going away for three years. I was planning on coming back every few months, o-or even more frequently between missions!" Arthur explained to his mom nervously. "Really?" Alice said with a sweet aura causing Arthur and Sylvie to nod their head aggressively.

"Brudher leaving awready?" Eleanor said sadly as her eyes started to water. "No no! I'm staying right here, Ellie! You'll be seeing your brother a lot!" Arthur said waving his hand frantically as he got to her height. "I'm not giving my consent just yet but at least answer me this... Why do you want to be an adventurer now? Wouldn't it make more sense to go to school before setting out as an adventurer?" Alice said looking away from them. 'Stay firm, Alice! Overcome their cuteness...' Alice thought as she blush at the interaction between the two siblings.

"Well, if I go to school now, I'd be quite a bit younger than the other students. I want to fit in and make friends but that might be harder with such a big age difference." Arthur said as Alastair peaked his head inside. "I'm going to the Academy soon anyway. So you'll know me." He told his cousin who smiled shook his head grinning. "Yeah, yeah. I get it. Good night." Alastair said rolling his eyes at Arthur before leaving. Alice on the other hand realed back in shock before composing herself. "Y-You don't have to go to school now, but instead, what if you help out your father, or--" alone said panicking a bit before Reynold stopped her.

"It's fine. Our boy will be fine." He told his wife with a smile on his face as he rest his hand on her head. "Thanks dad." Arthur responded with a smile on his face. 'I also don't want to just train. I want to fight and test out the skills I've learned since coming to this world in an open environment.' Arthur as he clenched his fist before he saw his Mom playfully hitting Reynold. He started to laugh at them. 'Still, I didn't lie to my mother... Sylvia did tell me to enjoy life.' Arthur said as his Mom pulled on Reynolds cheek as they smiled at him.

"Slow down and chew, Rey. No one's going to steal your food." Alice said looking at her husband. "I'm just happy to be enjoying a meal without being rushed for work!" Reynold said happily as he ate his food. "Wait, aren't you going to the Auction House later today to show some of the new recruits around?" Vincent asked Reynold who stopped eating. "That's just an excuse to hold a welcoming party after!" Arthur said with a smile on his face. "So that's where those ridiculous meal expenses are coming from!" Vincent said as Alice and Tabitha stared at their spouses annoyed. "So embarrassing." Lilia said as she shielded her face with her hand embarrassed by her father.

"So what do you guys have planned today?" Arthur asked Tabitha as he looked at her. "Your mother and I have to run some errands around town to prepare for an upcoming event at the Helstea Auction House. We're taking your sister and Lilia, if you want to come as well." Tabitha responded as Alastair made a no gesture besides her warning Arthur. "I think I'll stay behind today and hang out with Alastair. Thank you, though." He responded as his cousin smiled and nodded. "Anyway... Did you guys settle on what to do about Arthur?" Vincent said clearing his throat.

"We agreed to let him become an adventurer under certain conditions." Alice responded to Vincent's question. "Oh? What conditions?" Tabitha asked curious on what they came to an agreement with. "First, he'll have to wait until after his birthday in three months. Second, he'll have a guard on him at all times during missions. And third, he'll have to visit at least once every two months. Besides that, he's smart enough to manage the rest on his own. I think..." Reynold said as he stared at his son and Sylvie wrestling over a piece of meat. "That's all fine and dandy but do you have anyone in mind for who Arthur's guard will be? Heck, is there even a guard capable of guarding him?" Vincent asked remembering Arthur's abilities as they thought about the guard crying before bursting out laughing.

"Papa! Look! I'm Seelvee!" Eleanor said as she held two forks above her head creating horns. "Honey, that's bad manners." Alice told her daughter who say in her lap. "Wait, that's it! I got it!" Reynold exclaimed as his hand slammed against the table for him to stand. "The Twin Horns will be coming around after a dungeon expedition soon! I got a letter from the adventurers guild that said they'll be back in two months! We can have one of them go with Arthur!" Reynold said announcing his idea to the others. "That's... actually a pretty good idea." Alice praised her husband surprised. "H-Honey... Can you not look so surprised that I have a good idea?" Reynold asked her as she smiled sheepishly at him.

'The Twin Horns?! Jasmine! Durden! Angela! Helen! And Adam! I'll get to see them all soon!' Arthur thought excited as Alastair cheered happily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 1.3K 23
Miraculously appearing in the woods is something you could consider your bad luck or alcohol, but waking up in the woods in an entirely new, newborn...
23.2K 911 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...
50.5K 1.3K 25
Yuu Emcee was the favorite of all of NRC. Well, used to. Ever since Sashi came, Yuu has been replaced little by little. Now no one was on her side, a...