The Elusive Katherine Pierce

By kaits215

Since the day I met Katherine Pierce, I knew I was facing trouble, but yet, I had the urge to follow her. ~ T... More

I'm Juliana
Call me Katherine
Welcome to Mystic Falls
Mosquitoes, it comes from mosquitoes
Bush Hill
Annabelle
I had to try
A pretty boy is no longer pretty
Frederick
Red Wine for a Classy girl
Vervain
She won't be coming back
You Failed
What's your deal?
I need you to do me a favor
You're going back to school
Eat up
Daddy's Little Girl
Miss Mystic Falls
Where's Stefan?
It's time to leave
Isobel
Founder's Day
The Return
Lawrence
Waking up to the Devil
"Hi, partner."
The Lemonade
Wolfboy
She's the Puppet Master
All Good Things Must Come to an End
Before The Ball
Masquerade
Abigail
And the Oscar goes to...
I Fell in Love With a Monster
I know the truth
Peyton
The Ritual
A Room with Katherine
Ripper Stefan
The Search for the Best Friend
I'm Juliana's girlfriend
The Jog
I'm looking for a Warehouse
The Trap
Answers
It's For You
Bonnie's Offer
Graduation
Human Katherine
Protective Juliana
The Mysterious Woman
Remembrance Day
Monster's Ball
Dr. Maxfield
The Cute One's Here

Handle with Care

1.1K 41 5
By kaits215

•Mystic Falls, Present •

Katherine clapped her hands after watching Nadia and I pulled apart. "Now that the two most important people in my life know each other, we better get a move on before Silas finds us." She announced, and began shoving some stuff into the duffle bag closest to her. But hearing her words made my heart flutter, even though I knew she only referred to the idea of me being her best friend, but it was enough for me.

I rolled my eyes, "Something we should have done in the beginning, like I said. But someone wanted to search for Stefan."

Katherine gave me a side glare, but continued doing what she was doing. Nadia groaned and I  turned and watched as she struggled to get up from the bed. As I watched her struggle, I quickly went by her side and helped her up. "She is right though, we need to getting moving, or else Silas will find us in no time."

I glanced up and down Nadia, "But you are in no shape to do anything. In all honestly, we need to get you fresh blood, especially knowing Katherine and what she is capable of when it comes to torture." I replied, adding a slight chuckle at the end. To think, even as a human, Katherine still manages to be great a torturing people.

Once again, Katherine gave me the side eye, "Not helping." She mumbled.

Nadia gave me slight push, telling me she could stand on her own. "I'll be fine. I just a couple more hours to heal and maybe a few more blood bags, but I'll be fine. Especially if I can just sit in the back of the car." She turned towards me. "Plus, you will be there to protect Katherine if the worst was to come."

Suddenly a phone went off and I turned towards the sound, only to find it was coming from Katherine. I gave her a confused look, "Whose calling you? And how would they have your number?" I questioned.

Katherine hesitated to answer, because she knew I wouldn't like the answer. "Stefan, but technically Damon."

I quickly sped in front of her, "Why did you call them? They will only use you!"

"I had to know if they found Stefan, now if you excuse me." Katherine answered and walked away to answer the phone.

I sighed in frustration and turned around and faced Nadia again. "She is going to get us killed, or worst, herself." I mumbled to her.

Nadia didn't have any expression on her face, "I think she knows what she is doing, Juliana."

I stared at her, she clearly didn't not know Katherine at all and her blind spot for Stefan and the unrealistic dream that they will fall in love with each other. "Then you don't know Katherine that well. She will risk everything for that asshole." I paused and continued. "Also, you can call me Julia, Katherine is the only one who still calls me Juliana."

Nadia nodded, "Noted." Before she could continued, Katherine graced us with her presences.

"And what do the two annoying brothers want now?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

Katherine ignored my question and focus her attention on Nadia, showing she didn't want to hear anymore of my comments. "We need to stop by the Salvatore's house on the way leaving town, Damon says there is something urgent and they need me."

I tilted my head at her comment, confused as to why Damon would need her. Something was off, but Katherine would never listen to me when it came to those brothers. "Why would Damon need a human Katherine? No offense or anything thing, but what help are you now? All you can do is give information." I commented.

Nadia spoke up as well, "I agree with her, what help could you provide?"

Katherine let out a deep breathe, annoyed with all the questions we were throwing at her.  "Doppelgänger stuff, you two wouldn't understand. Now let's go. Juliana, why don't you make yourself useful and gather all of our stuff and put it in the car. Also, you're driving." Katherine made her way over to Nadia and helped her out of the motel room and towards the car.

"Great." I mumbled to myself before gathering everything that Katherine asked before walking out of the room.

Upon pulling up to the Salvatore house, I glanced over at Katherine and then at Nadia, who was sitting in the back seat. "Are you sure this is a good idea? And not a trap?"

Katherine rolled her eyes, "I'll be fine, just stay in the car. I'm doing this alone."

I quickly turned towards her, "No, I'm coming with. I don't trust them."

"Juliana, I'll be fine." She paused. "Trust me."

I took in a deep breathe, trying to calm my nerves about the whole situation, and let out the breathe. "If you are not back within the next twenty minutes, I'm coming in. And you aren't arguing with me on this."

Katherine nodded, "I'll be back within twenty minutes."

~

Katherine knocked hard on the door, wanting to get this conversation over and done with so she could get going on the road. For once, everything was going good for her, she had her daughter and her best friend at her side. The only downside was the fact she was human and was being chased by a psychotic-immortal witch. And to think, only a couple of years ago was she doing this exact same thing with Klaus.

Katherine tapped her foot, clearly annoyed that had to wait. Until the door opened and there stood Damon.

"Why, hello." Damon greeted with a small smirk upon his face.

Katherine rolled her eyes and began walking into the house, brushing pass Damon in the process. "What's so urgent? I'm on the run. Don't exactly have time for a pit stop." But then, Katherine came to a halt when she saw, what she assumed to be Silas, laying on the couch with grayed out skin and clear blood stain on his shirt. And not too far from him was Elena sitting on the couch, her head turned away from Katherine, realizing what Damon had just done for them and Bonnie.

In that moment, in that second, all of Katherine's worries lifted off her shoulders and she felt like a free woman again, but this time, she had her long-lost daughter and her best friend. Nothing could go wrong for her at this point now.

She began slowly walking towards the body again, "Or maybe I do. Maybe I have all the time in the world." Katherine stared down the body before chuckling. "Katherine Pierce eludes death yet again." She turned around and faced the annoying couple, but at the moment, she didn't care. Katherine Pierce had won again when all odds were against her. "And you two finally did something right for once. How does it feel?" She asked.

But just as fast as her happiness came, she slowly felt it disappearing just by the look of Damon's face in front of her. He looked up at her with a sinuous smirk and rubbing his hands.

"Thrilling." Damon replied and Katherine's smile disappeared before glancing around her when it finally click. It was a trap. A trap in which she clearly fell into, even when Juliana once again told her not go. A trap she knew that would leave her unable to walk out of the house alive.

She took a step back, glancing between Elena and Damon. "Damon, no." She quickly replied, and to everyone else around her, it sounded like she was begging. Begging for her life.

Before she could react or do anything, Damon used his vampire speed and raced over to her and held her tightly by her sides. Damon knew he couldn't risk her trying to escape, but Katherine tried anything. She thrashed around in his grip, hoping to do something, but Katherine was human. There was nothing she could do. "He needs the cure to become a witch." Damon announced before tilting her head and bitting into her neck, causing Katherine to scream out in pain.

"No. No. No, Damon. No, no, please." Katherine begged relentlessly.

As this was happening, Elena stood up from the couch, clearly wanting to do something, especially as she watched Katherine beg, but at the same time, she could only think about Bonnie. But, watching Katherine beg, it was something she thought she would never see.

"He needs all of my blood. It'll kill me, Damon." Katherine spoke, trying to justify her reason to live. Tears at this point were forming in her eyes. She just got to meet her daughter, she was finally happy, and she only got to live in that happiness for a split second. "Damon, please, I don't want to die. I don't want to die, Damon." Katherine repeated, but she could tell by the look in Damon's eyes that he didn't care what she wanted. Only want he wanted.

Katherine continued to try and break his grip, but she knew her end was near, but she had to keep fighting. That's who she was, a fighter.

"I don't want to die, please." Katherine begged once more.

Damon did a once glance at her, but his decision was made, Katherine for Bonnie. "Goodbye, Katherine." Then he pushed her down and shoved her neck into Silas's mouth and held her down as Silas began to drink her blood.

Katherine kept fighting, pushing against Silas body, trying to move her neck, but it did nothing. Katherine was human, Damon was a vampire. And to make matters worst, the only person she could see in front of her was Elena. The look on Elena's face explained everything, she didn't know that Damon was going to do this and she was just in shock. She just stood there, leaving Katherine to die.

Katherine fought, but she already felt weak and she began to see color come back into Silas's skin and she knew her war was coming to an end, and she slowly began to stop fighting and just let it happen.

~

I was getting anxious, it had only been five minutes and I knew deep in my gut something was wrong. Anything that had to do with the Salvatore's resulted in nothing but death and misery and Katherine just does the same thing over and over, not evening thinking through the consequences.

Soon my anxiety was getting the best of me and my knee started jumping up and down in my seat, causing the whole car to move. Nadia, who was now laying down along the back row, slipping on a blood bag, let out a loud groan.

"Can you stop shaking your knees! I'm trying to relax here." She mumbled out.

My placed my hand on my knee to stop the movement before looking back at Nadia, "Something is wrong, I can feel it."

Nadia rolled her eyes and pulled herself up into a sitting position, "I'm sure Katherine is fine." She paused and stared at me for a while, "But I can tell you want to go check in on her, so just go."

I gave Nadia a small smile before racing out of the car and into the Salvatore's house only to feel my heart drop to my feet. The sight in front of me was beyond what I thought I would ever see. There, only a few feet away from me on a red couch was Katherine being held down by Silas, almost motionless in his arms with Damon stand right behind her and Elena only a foot away from them. Then he pulled his arm away and Katherine just slumped to the ground, lifeless. And there was Elena and Damon, just staring down at her, doing nothing.

In that moment, I didn't know what to do. I felt my whole world collapse all within a matter of a few seconds. All I could do was stare at Katherine's lifeless body spread out on the Salvatore's floor with the two most ruthless people standing over her. A part of me wanted to race over there and just rip out their hearts. But then the other part me was frozen. My best friend for over two centuries was dead. The one who saved me when no one else wanted to, who gave me a new life and family. Who brought me pain and hardship over the years. But most importantly, the person I fell in love with. The person who I left my family for because I love her more than I could love them. Katherine was the most ruthless and heartless person I knew, but she was also the person I loved the most. And it left me to my biggest fear of being alone. Katherine was dead, Peyton didn't remember me, what was the point now for living?

Standing there, looking at her dead body, I felt my emotions slipping away. Something I had never truly experienced. I always thought I had turned off my humanity countless times, but right there in that moment, I realized I never did. I fooled myself into thinking I did, because I never felt this way before.

Empty. Nothing. Meaningless.

But then Damon spoke, "Do you hear that?" He asked Elena while looking down at Katherine and then Elena let out a loud sigh.

"You've got to be kidding me." She mumbled out and that's when I listened in.

Just faintly, I could hear a heartbeat from across the room. And the emotions I felt slipping away came back at full force.

"Takes a licking, keeps on ticking."

That's when I heard Katherine take in a deep breath and I saw her eyes open as she glanced around her, clearly in pain, before her eyes stopped on the couple. "Am I in hell?" She asked, and that's all it took me for me.

I quickly sped over to her with my vampire speed and gently picked her up from the ground, holding her close to me as humanly possible, and sped out of the house and to the hospital. Not stopping to tell Nadia what happened. At this moment, Katherine was far more important than tell Nadia what happened.

Arriving at the hospital, I found an empty room and placed Katherine down on the bed before searching for a doctor. Within seconds I found one and compelled him to follow me and basically to fix Katherine in any way possible. Make sure that she is okay and that she wasn't going to die within the next minute because the amount of blood lost she endured. He then brought in a couple nurses and they began to try and stabilize her. And all I could do was stand there and watched and hoped that they could help my best friend.

~

Within a few hours, Katherine was better, to the point where she was almost herself before Damon tried to kill her. The doctors honest couldn't do much for Katherine, except stitch up the wound on her neck and gave her plenty of fluids to help her blood produce more blood to make up for the blood she lost. The doctor didn't think she needed a blood transfusion because how much of blood she was making on her own. Plus, with her situation, I really wasn't going to allow a blood transfusion happen anyways, who knows what the outcome of that could be.

Once her blood level got to safe number, the doctor said I could take her home which I did, not before compelling the doctor and nurses to forget everything they saw.

I ended up taking Katherine back to the same motel that we were at earlier and placed her down softly on the bed since she was sleeping again. At the hospital, she kept drifting in and out of consciousness, and I told the doctors to sedate her so she could let her body heal and not have her to worry about stressing herself out about the situation.

For most of the night, I watched over her in very uncomfortable chair next to the bed and basically every hour on the dot I would listen in to make sure she was still breathing and had a heartbeat, until I fell asleep in the chair to the sound of her heartbeat.

I abruptly woke up to someone poking me in the side and I quickly jumped out my seat ready to attack anyone on sight, only to realize it was only Katherine who was poking me. I sighed and felt my body relax while Katherine let out a small chuckle, before walking back towards the bed and sitting back down, smiling at me. From the way I saw her last night, basically dead on the Salvatore's floor, Katherine seemed like she was back to normal and I couldn't be more happy.

I stretched my back in the chair, realizing that falling asleep in the chair was the worst idea I could do before looking at Katherine. "For someone who almost died yesterday, you seem to be in good spirits."

Katherine crossed her legs, "That is because I am in good mood." I stared at her, wanting her to continue. She leaned forward, "I'm officially now a free woman. No one chasing me anymore and I have my best friend and my daughter with me. What isn't there to be happy about?" She paused and glanced around the room. "Which reminds me, where is Nadia? I didn't see her when I woke up."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I was a little too occupied at the moment to tell her what happened, which by the way, shouldn't have happened if you had listen to me." I reminded her, with a slight bit of venom behind my words.

Katherine rolled her eyes, "You win some, you lose some. That's just life."

I stared at her with disbelief, trying to figure out how she could act so casually even though she almost died yesterday. In all honesty, she should be dead, but here she was. "How can you do that?" I asked and she raised an eyebrow, confused as to what I was asking. "Katherine, last night, I thought you died. I thought my best friend for over two hundred years was dead and there was literally nothing I could have done to stop it because you were so hell bent on jumping the pool of sharks the second the Salvatore's, especially Stefan, calls you."

I chuckled and looked up at the ceiling of the motel room, reliving the painful memories of last night. "Do you how I felt when I saw you? Lying there, lifeless on the ground? I felt myself breaking apart. The one person who has been there for me since I was sixteen, who cared for me when everyone else gave up on me, who gave me a new life and family, the person I love more than anyone else in the world was dead. The person I would stop at nothing to make sure you were okay was dead and there was nothing I could do. Except look at you on the ground." I paused, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "Wanna hear the funniest part? I wanted to rip Damon and Elena apart, piece by piece, but I couldn't move from my spot. I couldn't move because I didn't want it to be real. I didn't want to think that the Katherine Pierce was dead, and it was all my fault because I allowed you to go into that house, knowing you weren't going to be safe. I basically almost killed you." I admitted, feeling more tears fall down my face.

Katherine stared at me for a while before she got up from the bed and came over to me and sat down in my lap and hooked her arm around my neck while the other hand went to my face to wipe away the tears that fell down my face. "I'm sorry." She whispered as the hand that wipe away my tears moved and she grabbed a piece of my hair and began twirling it in between her fingers. "I'm sorry I didn't listen to you and I'm sorry you had to go through that, thinking that I was dead. That I had left you alone in this world, but I'm not going anywhere, and I think I just proved that." Then she pulled me close and I couldn't help myself but wrap my arms around her tightly and cried into her neck.

And during all of this, Katherine just rubbed my back while I cried into her neck. I needed to let out my emotions, especially since last night, I felt all my emotions slipping away. The only thing that made me remotely human was almost gone and I would have no one to bring me back had Katherine died. In all honesty, I don't even think Abby or Caroline, or hell, even Peyton could bring me back from something that dark. I felt the feeling for a split second, and even within that second, I knew what I would become. I would become the worst part of myself and I knew that no one would be able to stop me.

After a few minutes, my tears ran out and I pulled away from Katherine's neck and before either one of us could get anything out, her stomach let out a loud grumble and I chuckled and so did she.

I glance at her and gave her small smile, "I guess we should get you something to eat."

She nodded, while returning the smile. "I would very much appreciate it." She replied and got off my lap, basically run towards the door.

I chuckled again before following behind her.

~

Upon arriving at the closest dinner, Katherine basically ordered everything off the menu, or so it felt. She order pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns, and bowl of fruit. Listening her order, I felt my eye burst out of my eye sockets just by her order.

Once the waitress walked away with Katherine's order, Katherine looked up at me and saw my facial expression. "What?" She asked.

"Are you sure you are going to be able to eat all of that? That was a lot of food you ordered."

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Juliana, I'm starving. When I was with Nadia, I really didn't eat much. Then last night I had the life sucked out of me. So, yes. I think I will be able to eat all of the food I just ordered."

I held my hands up in surrender, "Okay, okay. I just want to make sure." I paused. "What do you want to do after this?" I asked

Katherine sighed and leaned back into the booth we were sitting at. "First, probably find Nadia and regroup with her, and from there, we can do anything we want. No more running, no more hiding. Just a free life and enjoyable life." She replied and I could hear the excitement in her voice.

I smiled, "You are truly happy now, aren't you?"

Katherine smiled, "I am. I have my daughter back, and my best friend. Now, if I could have Stefan, I would be over the moon." Hearing his name quickly changed my smile into an annoyed look. Katherine saw this and quickly reacted by reached out and grabbing my hand which happened to be resting on the table. "But, I don't need him. I have you and Nadia. That's all I need. I promise and I won't risk my life for him again if that makes you happy."

I gave her slight nod, "Yes it does." Then our waitress came back and placed down three plates of food on our table, resulting in Katherine glancing up at the woman and give her a smile.

This resulted in the waitress looking down at Katherine, "Sure a little thing like you can eat all that?" She asked, clearing having the same thought process as I.

Katherine grabbed her fork and began digging in. "I'm celebrating. I thought I was gonna die." The waitress look at Katherine like she was a crazy person but Katherine continued. "I didn't. So now I'm free to be what I want to be."

Katherine finished by bring a piece of fruit up to her mouth, "It's a good day." She finished before putting the fruit in her mouth.

The waitress began to walk away from our table, but stopped. "Love the hair, by the way. Bold choice." She finished and went to her other tables.

Both of us looked at the woman in confusion, until I noticed it and my jaw dropped. I was enjoying my time with Katherine so much and her new found happiness that I didn't even notice it.

Seeing my facial reaction, Katherine quickly grabbed the napkin holder and used it as a mirror trying to figure out what was wrong with her hair, and then she found it and pulled it in front of her face. In her hands, was a small section of her hair that had turned gray. As if time was finally starting to catch up with her.

When Katherine noticed the color of her hair, she looked up at me with fear filling her eyes that were once filled with excitement and happiness.

I quickly reached out and grabbed her hand. "We will figure this out okay. You will be fine. Trust me." I reassured her. I glanced down at her food, "Eat a little bit more, I have an idea."

Katherine slowly nodded her head, and continued to eat her fruit. While she was eating, I swallowed hard and continued to stare a section of hair that was turn gray. Deep down, I knew the words I spoke to Katherine were lies. Deep down, I knew the truth.

Katherine Pierce was dying.

And she won't be alive much longer.

___________________________________________

do you love me cause I updated?

I know I love myself for updating. spent the last two days working on this for you guys cause I miss you... and vampire diaries.

these episodes with Katherine aging are just so hard to get through cause I know her fate in the end, but I also love watching them because we get to watch Katherine so much more I love it.

on other news, I turned 21 a couple of days ago and I don't like it... I don't like getting old.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45 23 58
As I promised, this is the second part based on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals series. The whole story was written more than 10 years ago but...
405K 11.1K 82
❛You will always be my almost love...❜ ❛Mind blown. Honestly, I haven't read a fanfic quite like this and I'm all here for it👏❜ ❛Thi...
318K 10.6K 50
Holden Salvatore was always distant from his two brothers Damon and Stefan. That happened after one girl named Katherine Pierce crossed their paths i...
130 4 3
This book tells a story about the other Salvatore Jennifer she's Stefan twin Jennifer Stefan and damon were very close they would do everything toget...