The Class Clown And The Class...

By wuchisix

Rory never intended on making any close friends in his last year of highschool , it was supposed to be like a... More

Rory POV
Josh POV
Rory POV
Josh POV
Rory POV
Rory POV
Josh Pov
Rory POV
Josh Pov
Josh Pov
Josh Pov
Rory Pov
Josh Pov
Rory POV
Josh Pov
Rory Pov
Josh Pov
Josh Pov
Rory Pov
Josh Pov
Rory Pov
Josh Pov
Rory Pov
Josh Pov

Rory POV

71 3 1
By wuchisix

6: 18 am

Looking across the room , Josh was still sleeping and for the first time since last night I actually felt at ease . 

We had not spoken any words to each other besides me ocassionally telling Josh to shut up every time he would let out his snarky comments at whatever show he was watching under his sheets.

Looking out the window hung between our bed I could tell It was still too early to leave our room  according to the rules Mr. Murphy  gave us .

I almost didn't leave my bed out of respect for my title, but thinking over I was just going  to order breakfast . It's not like i was committing a crime ,  besides I'd rather do this than having to join a herd of teenage boys in one line later one.

Grabbing my phone and wallet I set off down the halls following the routes I had marked from yesterday. Just as expected I was there in no time and thank God there weren't much people besides a few what seemed to be tourists . 

Walking over to the disserted line I placed my order but right as I was taking out my card I was quickly interrupted  .

" We're not accepting cards at this moment sorry " the worker behind the counter suddenly announced.

" Your not accepting cards? " I questioned back.

It made no sense , did they just think everyone was going to have cash on them especially tourists , not to mention their high prices .

" Sorry Sir but the card machine is currently out of use and the issue will be resolved very soon , sorry for the inconvenience "

Sighing I put back my card , I would just have join with everyone else later.

" I'll pay for both us " I felt a hand push past me . 

"Maleek? " I questioned suddenly turning around

Making sudden eye contact he slightly moved back a little .

" You can pay me back later... If you want to , I know your probably trying to avoid the rush later as well so yeah.... "

" Oh...thanks , I'll make sure to pay you back as soon as possible " I said offering a smile to which he smiled back .

After he ordered his food I trailed behind him as he went to find a seat . I felt obligated to sit with him after he paid so that's what I was going to do.

" You don't have to sit with me If you don't want to " he let out an awkward chuckle .

" Are you running me away? " I asked in a serous voice.

The expression on his face made me try to contain my laughter but it slipped out.

" I was joking " 

" Oh " he let out a small laugh , "Right...Anyways , how's sharing rooms with Josh ? "

Ughh

I had almost forgot he was friends with that damn red head .

" Horrible, he snores rather loudly "

" Put a pillow over his head  that should solve your problems "

" You know..." I said tapping my head as if in deep thought, " That's a really great idea " , He just simply laughed.

Not long after our food was served to us and we spent the rest of the early morning talking about every little thing , I must admit I didn't think anyone associated with that hyena would have half a braincell but Maleek seemed....somewhat different .

It wasn't long before everyone else started slowly making their way down the stairs and I took that as my que to  leave inviting  Maleek as well but he said he would stay back a little longer.

I figured he was waiting for his friends so I Ieft without him.

" Bye " I spoke getting up to which he replied with a small wave .

" Good morning Officer " Josh beamed while brushing pass  me .

Giving the best fake smile I could , I briefly smiled back before pushing past him.

9:00 am

" Alright , before we leave I'll go through the rules once more so listen carefully " Mr. Murphy announced. "Pairing with your room partners you will spend the day cycling around different booths taking notes with your notepads and pen ".

"We will all meet back at 4:30 on the dot at the bus . If lost or in trouble find the nearest security guard and stay there , understood? "  

A series of " yes sir " echoed through the air.

" Now your all young adults and I trust something as simple as this will be executed without any  complications " he said clasping his hands . " Your class presidents will be my extra eyes for the day and If anyone aids in giving the school a bad name I'm sure they will report to me".

 Damn , he had more faith in me than I did

Glancing over at Josh I could tell he was probably thinking the same thing until he suddenly raised his hands.

" Sir , do we have to sit beside our partners? "

he obviously didn't want to sit  beside me , I would be lying if I said it didn't sting a little but I wasn't all that surprised.

" No , any other questions? " he looked around but there was no response.

" Alrighty then , everyone board the bus! "

I chose the same seat I chose from yesterday and plugged in my earphones staring out the window but It wasn't long before someone tapped on my shoulder .

It was Josh.

I gave him a questionable look but he just smiled back before also waving his earphones in my face and plugging them in .

Childish

Ignoring the smile fighting to make its way to my mouth I faced the other way and hit play on my phone.

9:16 am

It wasn't long before we arrived at the convention and the atmosphere alone made me feel somewhat sick. The place made it seem as if a giant could get lost in here , not to mention the crowd, it seemed as if school's from all over the world came for just this one event. 

The only exciting thing was all the different booths that were set up all around the place that was probably too much to count , I know I wouldn't be able to visit them all but that wouldn't stop me from trying.

" Where should we go first? " Josh asked excitedly.

" Up to you "

" Thennnn... " he said doing a full 360 scan around the place , " how about over there "

He was pointing towards an Architecture booth , not questioning it I simply followed along as he took the lead.

We joined right as the host was in the middle of a discussion . To be honest I tried to pay attention but they just kept talking and talking while other booths seemed to be having more exciting activities taking place so can you imagine the shock I was in when I saw Josh willingly paying attention AND taking notes. It was obvious this was most likely his dream job which very much surprised me . 

" Alright!, To wrap things up , how about little game? " The host announced taking out what looked like a box of Legos from underneath her table . " First I need two volunteers "

 Off course captain clown's hand immediately shot up first followed by a few other participants .

" Alright , you seem eager don't you? , love that , c'mon up then " she said pointing towards Josh. " Oh and you! " she pointed towards another girl from a different school.

They both eagerly made their way to the front of the audience .

" Now listen up " she spoke placing the Legos into two different piles . " I'm going to you show a design of a house on this paper here and you have to try your best to replicate it with the blocks in under a minute , Understood? "

They both shook their heads

" Whoever has the most similar design wins , Let's see who has the potential to become the best Architect "

 Josh turned around and gave  the girl a toothy grin before getting into a set a position .

Tcht

" Ready? Set? GO " she said showing the first picture .

He actually ended up wining three out of the four rounds and in result got a key chain attached with a house on it. The smile on his face was so wide I was worried it wouldn't stop stretching . 

" Good Job " I said , my smile just as big as his. 

I'll admit I felt happy for  him  , anyone who saw that smile and wouldn't automatically start smiling wasn't human .

" Here " he said pushing the keychain towards me , " You can have it " 

Ignoring the sudden strange feeling building up n my chest I gave him a confused look.

" Why? "

" Just cause " he said shrugging his shoulders before grabbing my hand and placing it there himself .

" Oh " 

Breathe Rory , breatheeee

" Thanks " I suddenly blurted out .

" Yeah..... " he said scratching the back of his head , "Anyways, I saw a astronaut booth earlier , Let's go there next yeah? " he beamed.

Throughout the day we visited probably more booths that I can count , some being just lectures while others were extremely fun  . I was already exhausted at the third booth and was eager to just go back to the hotel but Josh was running on batteries apparently , I had to practically be chasing him all over the place . I'm pretty sure I lost him more than three times, I even contemplated reporting him to Mr. Murphy for damage of  my mental health.

4:02 pm

" Alright we can go one more but THAT'S IT " I said looking at my watch.

" You choose " he spoke up.

Looking around I spotted a booth reading ophthalmologist , I couldn't remember what doctor it specialized in so It drew my attention the most.

" That one " I said pointing towards it .

" Fine by me "

" Do you know what it is? " I questioned.

" Yeah , an eye doctor if I'm remembering right " 

" We'll see if your right  " I said as we slowly made our way towards it . 

He was right , It wasn't obvious from a far glance but once you get closer the glasses decor very much gave it away.

" Yeahhh I'm pretty sure I'm right unless perhaps you need glasses? B'dum tiss " he mimicked playing a drum. " Get it? "

" HAHAHA, your so funny I almost forgot to laugh haha... " 

"Tcht "he glared at me , " buzzkill "

Finally approaching the Booth it seemed we had joined in on the ending of the last session .

" Ok , we still have two prizes left , who else wants to go ? " The host/doctor announced looking around hopefully.

Leaning over to Josh I whispered " Don't raise your- " but before I could even finish his hand was already up , something he's seemed to develop a habit for .

" Alright , you young man " he pointed at him , " now we just need one more ".

Before I could even react Josh had grabbed my hand and held it up for me .

" Josh what the hell! " I shout whispered after tugging my arm away.

" Alright then come on up " The host directed us.

" Revenge is a dish best served cold Rory " he whispered as we made our way to the front.

" Aright , It's nothing too hard just a simple staring contest . Are you ready? " 

We both simultaneously shook our heads while facing each other.

" Go!"

Josh suddenly moved forward , stooping at my level causing me to slightly shift backward but I didn't lose my focus . Making eye contact for so long was starting to get awkward . Mindlessly I began studying his eyes . They had a unique color to it , It was this very light brown and It matches with his skin tone perfectly .

My eyes were slowly drifting and I was now focused on his lips , they were a nice shade of pink.

 could use some lip balm though but otherwise they look pretty kissable

KISSABLE?!!  

Quickly averting my eyes back to Josh's eyes , he had a distressed look on his face , I couldn't tell if it was from his eyes burning or if he had saw me staring a little too long.

" And he's out ! . Give him a round of applause everyone " The host cheered Josh on.

" Here you go " he said handing me two glasses keychains .

" Two? " I gave him a confused look.

" Give your friend one , It's the last session , if I carry them home they'll become ornaments "

" Thank you " I said politely dismissed myself , Josh following pursuit .

Speed walking I could hear him getting closer and closer , I had a gut drenching feeling he would ask about earlier so as soon as he finally caught up to me I said the first lie to come to my head.

" You should really consider using a lip moisturizer , I swear I saw dust blowing off of them " 

Not bad me

" Why were you staring at them? " Josh smirked .

Fuck me

 " You see something you like Bianchi? I know it's hard to even resist myself sometimes too " he dramatically held his head.

" Get lost Josh " I pushed pass him.

" Your gonna regret that Rory ! " he shouted from behind me dragging the attention of a few people.

Quickly scrambling back to him I covered his mouth instinctively until I felt a wet slimy figure lick my hand .

" YOU? DISGUST ME " I said quickly dragging my hand away . If this was a cartoon I would be ten shades of red right now . 

" It's my charm " he sang.

Wiping my hands off I quickly changed the topic , " Look around and if you see any of our classmates tell them  It's time to go " 

" What's that? You want me to wait at the bus with Mr. Murphy to ensure everyone returns? , I mean if you insist " and with that he was gone.

This was quite the eventful day wasn't it .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154 5 64
Life has been a rollercoaster for a boy like Martin. He always had a bubbly personality, openly bisexual and he is in fact moderately popular in scho...
82.1K 4K 31
//Complete\\ "Do you really want to waste this opportunity? When you're looking back in fifty years time, don't you think you're gonna regret not giv...
6.3K 55 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
4.7K 173 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...