BLISS

By SimplyShay-

"Has it ever occurred to you that anytime you are this close to feeling something for me, you pull away. You... More

❛Epigraph༉‧₊˚
❛Author's note༉‧₊˚
❛ One༉‧₊˚
❛Two༉‧₊˚
❛ Three༉‧₊˚
❛ Four༉‧₊˚
❛ Five༉‧₊˚
❛ Seven༉‧₊˚
❛ Eight༉‧₊˚
❛Nine༉‧₊˚
❛Ten༉‧₊˚
❛Aesthetics༉‧₊˚
❛Eleven༉‧₊˚
❛Twelve༉‧₊˚
❛Thirteen༉‧₊˚
❛Fourteen༉‧₊˚

❛ Six༉‧₊˚

34 2 0
By SimplyShay-

Love doesn't hurt. Loving the wrong person does

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

B L I S S

"Are you really sure you are not going to visit him?" Liv asked for the hundredth time beside me, on her bed.

I had told her about the news I got yesterday and all she seems to be saying ever since was that I should reconsider my decision. I know to everyone it might seem I'm wicked.

"I know he hurt you a lot. I understand you quite well but, what if he just wants to make amends before anything happens since no one know what the outcome of the sickness would be."

amendments my foot

"So now all of a sudden he remembers he has a daughter somewhere," I laughed sarcastically.

"I don't know but whatever his reasons are, I'm sure they are good."

I drew the duvet over my face and sighed loudly. "Can we please change the topic, please?" I asked hopefully wishing she could say something else because this very topic was beginning to make my ear bleed.

Silence immediately filled the room that I had to take off the duvet from my face to make sure Olivia was still in the room and well, Alive and breathing.

"Are you sure there is nothing going on between you and him?" Liv asked shuffling around the bed, attempting to sit up.

"Who are you referring to as 'him'?" I asked her.

"That guy," she pointedly glared at me.

I chuckled internally. I know for a fact she was referring to Liam but me being me, wanted to annoy her a little. "Sorry, but I will need you to clarify." Plus she really needed to be more specific because I knew a lot of guys.

"I was referring to the waiter guy dammit" she huffed.

My mind suddenly flashed back to this morning when I went out for the early morning jog that I had told myself yesterday I would be doing. As I entered the other street for the jog, I saw Liam jogging in the opposite direction as me. Instantly a blush crept its way to my cheek and all I wanted to do at the moment was slap the hell out.

"Are you stalking me?" I had asked him. To which he replied to and I quote, "Why would I? You just happened to be going the same way as I am plus I live around here," with a smirk on his face.

We had chatted a little after and he even jogged me half way to my house. I do enjoy being around him and I couldn't help myself but steal small glances from him. I also got to know about his little sister. He was really lucky to have a younger sibling to protect.

The highlight of the day was he happened to be attending my dream school, UCLA. I was really excited when he was telling me his experience in the school.

"What about him?" I finally replied Liv's earlier question.

"What's going on between you two," She repeated the question.

"Definitely nothing. We've only met thrice."

"Thrice? Ummm.. Just so you know my intuitions are always right."

"Okay?" I said, shaking my head.

"For real."

It went silent again.

As I was really not the type to bring up small talks, i sat in silence and waited for Olivia to start up the conversation again. After fruitless effort of trying to bring up something we could talk about because that also was not the discussion I want to venture into either but you know, i was out of suggestions.

"Jake better ask me out before it is prom," Liv finally broke the silence talking to more of herself than me.

I do fear she would one day develop High blood pressure with the level she gets worked up about things. Getting agitated on things that are irrelevant. Prom that's next year.

"You know, we need to start preparing intensively for SAT and build our college list," I advised instead.

"That's absolutely right."

"Should Jake eventually ask you to be his girlfriend, how would you cope if you get accepted into different universities?" I finally asked 'THE' question We needed to be frank.

There are possibilities for situations like that  to happen.Though there are choices they can opt for if they still really want to be in a relationship. They can be in an open or a long distance relationship which usually don't last and I even doubt Liv would opt for any of those options.

"I don't know. I really don't."

Poor girl. I wonder what choices she's going to have to make when love is involved.

Getting to love alone is very hard only for you to end up hurt or heartbroken which by the way is worst.

"I just want to experience that feeling for the fist time before we graduate from high school," she sobbed.

"Why would you say such? You have many time in this world to enjoy that feeling with the right person. You have to be careful so you won't end up hurt." I advised her.

"Come here," I commanded as I opened my arms and hugged her.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

It's been three days since my mum little breakdown, the one in which she promised to change and surprisingly, she's really keeping to her words.

I was currently nibbling on my fingers. I know it's not hygienic or lady like, i just couldn't help but do it because It was something I did out of habit whenever I needed comfort or I was nervous. Like right now, i was really nervous concerning this test I was sitting for. I wasn't really prepared.

Scratch that, i was not prepared.

I raised my head up to find everyone's undivided attention on their calculus test. Our calculus teacher had surprised us this afternoon with an impromptu test which had caused grumbles and complains from everyone.

I solved what I knew and got up to submit my paper. I heard gasp from people around me. They might really think I studied for it. Olivia raised her head and our eyes met. We silently communicated and I made her understand I can't just sit there pretending I know what to write when I actually don't.

My little bravery gingered a few of my classmates to get up to submit theirs also. I mean we have been siting here for over an hour.

"Your results would be out on or before next class," our teacher announced and at the same time, the bell rang.

I hung my bag on my shoulders and walked out of the class to wait for Olivia.

"You can go home alone. I need to go to the library to do some research for my history assignment".

"Alright, but are you sure you would be okay on your own?"

"Yes, just go home and rest. I would chat you up once I'm done."

"Okay, take care," she replied me as she opened her arms wide for a hug.

"Be good."

I finally got to the library after many stops to chat with my class and school mates.

"Long time, no see bliss" the friendly elderly librarian man greeted me.

"Mr Jones, how have you been?"

"I should be asking you that, you were the one who left for almost a month"

I laughed. "I was a little busy"

"Anyways, I kept some books I thought you might like from the new deliveries"

"You are such a sweetheart," I pecked him on his cheeks. He was so homely and he reminded me of my late grandpa, my maternal side of course. I'm sure I don't recognize a soul from my paternal side. It was if they all planned to abandon us, my mum and I altogether.

I went to my usual corner, got seated and started my research. After what felt like few minutes had past, i decided to check the time. I discovered I had been seated in the same position for almost two hours and I was almost done with the project. It was only a page remaining for my assignment which was due Thursday, to be completed.

I started to pack before it got late. I said my byes to Mr Jones and promised to increase my visit to the library.

The library was closer to my school but a little bit far from my house. The distance was one of the reason why I get discouraged from coming and since I got a ride to school from Liv, I had no choice but to enter a bus back home.

Now trekking to the station where I would get a bus with just my ear piece plugged in my ear, enjoying the cold evening breeze and the smell of Mother Nature, I got nearer to the place to board a bus and discovered I knew the person on the bench.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I unplugged my earphones from my ear.

"I came around here to do something and here I am," Liam replied as he gestured around with his hands.

"That's great"

"If I didn't know better, I would have said you are stalking me," Liam joked.

"I'm stalking you or you are?" I scoffed.

"I'm just joking"

I sat down in the space beside him as we fell into a comfortable silence, listening to the soft whistle of the cold air.

"Your father left you when you were young and now he is back saying he wants to meet you because his time is limited. If it were you, would you immediately forgive him and go?" I blurted the first question that came to my head.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

I hope you liked this chapter. Remember to click on the star button and comment
Shay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 77.1K 62
[boyxboy] Simon Matthews was off limits. Off limits to everyone and everything. Everyone knew that. The football team knew that, the teachers knew th...
1.3M 29.1K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
104 8 7
They were best friends growing up-until that summer of mistakes they couldn't fix. Now, he's the boy who never dates; she's the girl all the boys che...
245K 7.7K 20
**This story is, for the most part, still the same as before, however it was completely rewritten so some of the events and story lines have been cha...