Avengers react to Hawkeye TV...

By chazza678

the avengers react to the Hawkeye tv show :) *all characters belong to Marvel/MCU* More

Introduction
Episode 1: Young Kate Bishop
Episode 1: Rogers the Musical
Episode 1: The Dinner Party
Episode 1: You're Hawkeye!
Episode 2: The Fire
Episode 2: Katniss Everdeen
Episode 2: NYC LARPERS
Episode 2: Echo
Episode 3: Imagine Dragons
Episode 3: The Car Chase
Episode 3: Sir Dog Of Pizza
Episode 4: Dancing
Episode 4: Pizza And Holiday Cheer
Episode 4: Bombshell
Episode 4: The Widow
Yelena's Introduction
Episode 5: The Blip
Episode 5: Mac And Cheese
Episode 5: The Avengers Memorial
Episode 5: Kingpin
Episode 6: Trick Arrows
Episode 6: Enjoy The Party
Episode 6: Let's Give 'Em Hell
Episode 6: You Should Have Fought Harder
Episode 6: Hawkeye
Goodbye.
Sequel
New Stories

Episode 3: Young Maya Lopez

8.5K 228 82
By chazza678

"Please welcome to the cinema; Maya Lopez. She will come here from the end of the Hawkeye TV show. So she will know what happens in scenes where she is involved." The Voice announced as Maya appeared in the room, her eyes wide with shock.

She looked around the group of people; her eyebrows raised as she noticed Clint and Kate.

Before she started to approach the archers, a slip of paper appeared in her hands explaining to her what was going on. She frowned as she read it, then nodded; taking a seat at the back of the room.

Kate waved at her as she walked past and Maya smiled slightly in return.

"We are going to add subtitles to the show so Maya can read what the characters are saying," the Voice announced as everyone nodded, "right then! Let's start episode 3."

Children chattered as the scene began with a classroom. The year 2007 was shown in the corner of the screen.

The camera focused on a young girl. She looked around the room. Voices fading and becoming Inaudible. She watched as children laughed together and as they opened their work books. The teacher began to write something on the board.

'Is that you?' Clint signed while speaking to Maya.

She nodded her head and looked back at the screen.

Maya lip-read what the teacher was saying and opened her book. She frowned as the teacher turned around. She sighed and began to do her work; filling in the missing gaps with words.

The teacher began to walk towards her and tapped her desk.

"Maya... interpreter," the subtitles read, "pay attent..." the teacher stopped talking and smiled when she realised the young girl had finished her work. She walked back to her desk as Maya smiled slightly.

"You're were a cute kid," Nat smiled and signed slowly to Maya.

Maya signed 'thank you,' in reply, the Voice translated what she said to the room.

"You know sign language?" Clint asked Nat, smiling in shock at his best friend.

"Yeah I learned it after you told me you're hard of hearing. No big deal, I know lots of languages." Nat shrugged, eating some popcorn.

Clint smiled at Natasha, his heart warmed at the kind gesture.

The scene changed and showed shadow puppets on the walls. A man laughed kindly. The screen showed Maya and a man sitting next to eachother.

The room smiled at the sweet moment.

Maya leaned forward in her chair as she saw her father. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"What sound does the sky make?" She signed.

"It's quiet like you," he replied, smiling.

Maya smiled as she sobbed.

Peter, T'Challa, Steve, Kate and Nat looked at her sadly. They had assumed her father passed away.

"What sound does a dragon make?" Maya asked, signing.

The man smiled before growling: imitating a dragon. She laughed.

Maya laughed, wiping away her tears.

"Are dragons real?"

"Um, no," the man answered, "Maybe they are, but dragons live in a different world."

"I'd love to fight a dragon," Thor announced to the group.

"I want to be friends with one," Peter smiled.

"Like the movie Pete's dragon?" Kate laughed.

"Exactly, yes."

"What if they learned to come into our world?"

"Well, that would make them stronger." He nodded.

"Seriously though, dragons are pretty cool," Tony smirked.

"I thought I was going to school with kids like me?" Maya signed.

"It's impossible. See, you are one of a kind."

"But you said we could pay for the deaf school," Maya frowned.

"I'm sorry," he signed, sincerely, "But in the end, it'll be better for you."

Maya frowned and looked down at her hands.

'Are you okay?' Nat signed.

'I'm fine. Thank you, Black Widow,' Maya replied.

'Call me Nat," she looked up at Maya kindly.

Maya nodded in return. 'Nat seemed like someone she could trust,' she thought as she smiled.

"Will I have to stop signing?" She asked.

"No. You have to learn to jump between two worlds," her father smiled.

Tears started to flow down Maya's cheek once more. Natasha noticed and sat next to the woman for support. Maya looked at her in gratitude.

"How?"

"Just by watching," her father looked lovingly at his daughter as the scene changed once more.

"He looked like a wonderful father," T'Challa spoke to Maya, as Nat signed it for her.

Maya nodded as the Voice translated what she signed for the room, "he was. I miss him so much."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Steve commented sincerely; Clint signing what he said for her.

Maya nodded in thanks and turned back to the screen.

The scene showed children in a karate academy. Maya sat on the floor; watching carefully as two children fought.

"Hey! I did karate!" Kate expressed eagerly.

Children exclaim in awe as an opponent tripped the other child.

"All right, class. Water break," the instructor announced.

"I could do with some water actually," Bruce noted as he finished eating a butterscotch. He smiled as the room answered his request; a bottle of water appearing in his hands.

"Thank you," he chuckled.

Maya sat on the bench and looked through her rucksack as her father kneeled down in front of her.

"Hey, be good in class today," he smiled, signing,  "But remember, for your match, it's more about speed than size."

"Very good advise," Nat nodded in approval as Maya looked at her father with nothing but love and sadness.

Maya nodded.

"Hmm? Uncle will take you home after class. I'll see you tonight," he smiled before leaving.

The man known as 'uncle' stepped forward and gently pinched Maya's cheek. She smiled warmly as the man chuckled.

Maya noticeably tensed at the mention of her uncle and Clint looked up at her, a thought entering his mind.

"Is your Uncle, The Kingpin?"

Maya lowered her eyes and nodded.

Clint sent a nervous look at the screen and muttered something incohorent.

"Maya, you're up," the instructor spoke as the scene changed. Maya stood up and faced her opponent. Children sat in a circle around the pair. The child Maya was going against shook his head slightly as he noticed her prosthetic leg.

"Why is he underestimating you?" Sam stared frustrated at the screen and Maya frowned.

"And bow," the instructor spoke, "Ready? Fight!"

Children exclaimed as Maya easily pushed her opponent to the ground. She smiled proudly.

Everyone stared at the screen with pride. Maya smirked.

Punk rock music played as the scene showed an older Maya Lopez. She sighed as she punched and kicked a man in a boxing ring. He grunted as he fell on the ropes. She smirked as he strepped forward again, she saw his shaking hands and predicted his next move: flipping him over her back.

"Hey! Good fight," Steve gave his thumbs up to Maya who raised her eyebrows and smiled in amusement.

She laughed slightly as she looked down at him. She pointed to her eyes and back at him again, 'I see you'.

Bucky chuckled warmly at this.

She walked away and the scene changed to her parking her motorbike-

"Nice bike," Sam nodded in appreciation.

-outside an auto repair shop. She takes off her helmet and gasped as she noticed something wrong. Maya ran and put her back against the garage door as she saw blood splatter against the windows.

"Oh," Clint narrowed his eyebrows as he realised who the killer was.

She ducked and stepped to the side of the building. Her eyes widened as she saw a man with a sword murder someone through the window.

Nat looked over at Clint and watched him sadly. His eyes were dripping with guilt.

She creeped past the window as the man killed more people.

Maya kicked open the door with a grunt and scowled at the scene before her. The assassin's victims groaned in agony.

"Oh my God," Shuri gasped at the scene, as Vision's eye's widened.

She hid behind a wall and gasped as she saw her father get impaled by a sword. She rushed forward to help him as the assassin escaped.

Wanda covered her mouth with her hand in shock while Bucky scratched his head nervously.

Nat looked over at Maya and offered her hand for Maya to hold if she needed it.

She looked down at Nat's hand and took it as a sob escaped her. Tears flowing down her face.

She kneeled down beside her father and tried to stop the bleeding. Her face full of concern and worry.

Everyone stared sadly at the screen. It was painful to watch.

"Please just go," Maya's father signed, wincing.

"I won't leave you," tear's flowed down Maya's cheeks.

Maya squeezed Natasha's hand as she weeped.

"I'm already gone," her father cried, "fly away from here... little dragon."

Thor lowered his eye's and bowed his head respectfully, frowning at his hands.

Maya sobbed as her father placed his hand on her face gently. She watched as the life drained from her father's eyes. His hand dropping from her face, leaving a bloody handprint.

Maya couldn't watch anymore. She dropped her face in her hands and leaned against Natasha as she hugged the woman she met only moments ago.

She pulled her father's lifeless body into an embrace, a waterfall of tears flowing down her cheeks.

The screen went black as the title 'Hawkeye' was shown.

Maya looked up and exhaled deeply, wiping her eye's with the back of her sleeve. She smiled in thanks as Ned gave her a bottle of water.

"Maya," Clint signed and spoke as he turned to look at the grieving woman, "I know that nothing I say will make any of this better. But, I truly am sorry. I'm so sorry."

Maya noticed the sincerity in his guilt-ridden expression and nodded slowly.

'I know," she signed, before holding Nat's hand again: for the support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 8.7K 44
Just a collection of one-shots I made when I was super bored Feedback is always appreciated There is language in this story and adult themes I DON'T...
524K 14.2K 41
Ever wondered how it would be like if you were a character in a Marvel movie/TV show? Ever wondered what it was like to date or be best friends with...
485 0 18
Exactly what the title says. I don't know how to summarize this.
75.1K 2.2K 149
Katlin Stark. Genius, billionaire, and in love with a wizard? 🪄 (Most characters belong to Marvel)