seraphic [h.s]

By ohharryangel

1988. Self discovery wasn't something that came easy to Mabel, in fact, she'd refused to deal with the matte... More

authors note.
cast list.
playlist.
part I
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty seven.
chapter thirty eight.
chapter thirty nine.
chapter forty.
chapter forty one.
chapter forty two.
chapter forty three.
chapter forty four.
chapter forty five.
part II
chapter forty six.
chapter forty seven.
chapter forty eight.
chapter forty nine.
chapter fifty.
chapter fifty one.
chapter fifty two.
chapter fifty three.
chapter fifty four.
chapter fifty five.
chapter fifty six.
chapter fifty seven.
chapter fifty eight.
chapter fifty nine.
chapter sixty.
chapter sixty one.
chapter sixty two.
chapter sixty three.
thank you.

chapter thirty five.

4.6K 141 243
By ohharryangel

I woke with an easier breath. My vision seemed lighter, the air around me more purified.

A sleepless heavy hand slumped over my head and I narrowed my brows as I woke fully. Realising the hand belonged to Evie, I nudged it off my hair in full force and a groan.

Last night ran through my mind quickly as I made my way out of my bedroom, I shivered at the thought of it happening at all, but then I remembered that this was the only way to properly move forward. Did I expect Harry to choose his long time friend over their sister? No. Did I expect Harry to drop everything and pursue a relationship with me? No. Was I ready for another relationship? God no. And so I breathed happily as I pushed open the bathroom door, going straight for my toothbrush.

I swirled the minty concoction around in my mouth before spitting it into the sink, along with my worries about how facing Harry would go. Could I say the same things as I once would? Could I kiss him? Could I crawl up onto his lap and revel in being in my favourite place? I shook my head to each question, probably not.

Fixing my baggy tee, I huffed my way out of the bathroom, no longer having the energy to stare at the reflection of such a confused girl. I descended each step carefully, walking through the eerily silent house. The clock on the wall read 11:17, which was perfect because that meant I was able to get to the shop around lunchtime if I hurried up now.

The television in the living room was playing as I entered, my pace slowing as I recognised the sound of the stovetop coffee brewer coming up to boil. I sucked in a nervous breath because I already knew who would be in the kitchen, I could sense his presence from anywhere. And so I trudged along, my eyes navigating over to a muscular back and a tousled mess of brown hair.

It seemed as though Harry could sense me too, as he turned around, the silver coffee brewer hot and noisy in his hands, his deep green eyes laying straight into mine. My first thought was to sneak my fingertips all the way over his delicate skin, it took me a second to realise that after last night's clarification, I definitely could not do that.

A small smile was set on his lips as he looked me up and down, only to turn around and fill two coffee mugs halfway. "Mornin' Mabel." He huskily spoke in what I assumed was his delicious morning voice. Though the use of my full name didn't stray far from my mind. I swallowed, taking small steps over to the counter that held a carefully placed bowl, it was filled with my favourite cereal and a spoon beside it.

"Uh," I said confused, "Good morning." Harry turned around, carrying two mugs in his large palms. He placed one down onto the counter, pushing it slowly over towards me with his finger, "For you." He said, eyes sharp and soft all in one. I smiled, bringing my hands around the mug to hug the sides, "Thank you, you didn't have to." I crossed one bare foot over the other and leant my hip against the counter.

This time, when my eyes so badly wanted to betray me and admire the intricate lines of art gracing Harry's chest, I forced myself not to, and brought the steaming mug closer to my lips before blowing. Harry held his cup as I did mine, though for some reason beyond me, he leant his elbows onto the cold surface of the counter, his torso welcoming it, leaving his tall body stretched before me.

"Eat your cereal before it goes soggy Mae, I know you like it crunchy." Harry hummed, as if he acquired an all knowing power. I looked at the bowl of cereal, then back to him, "This is for me?" I questioned hesitantly, watching his smirk grow, "It is." I inched my face forward, inspecting the bowl, "Heard you gettin' ready," He said, pointing upwards, "Thought you'd be hungry."

As I studied the bowl of cereal, noticing that there was in fact no milk poured into it yet, I pulled out the stool and slid onto it. "It could've been anyone getting ready. You didn't know it was me." I spoke, watching Harry as he pushed himself away from the bench and go over to the fridge, pulling the carton of milk out. "Guess you're right sweet girl, but I hoped real bad that it would be you." He neared my seated position, his body heat now so close that I could feel it.

I'd hoped he had suddenly forgotten our talk last night, that he would rid the carton of milk in his hands and instead hold me. His eyes lowering over my body told me that he was thinking the exact same, but his mind must have given him a reality check once he met my needy brown orbs. "Say when baby." He huskily murmured, but as soon as the words left him, he bit into his bottom lip as if he shouldn't have said it. And it was then that all of my worries had been answered, I most likely could not go on treating him how I had been.

No kissing. No touching. No wishing he would have me completely. My stomach grumbled and I peered down towards it, I was starved, for more things than just cereal. Though right now, the only thing I could have was cereal and so I gave Harry a light nod, watching his skilled fingers open the carton.

He kept watching me as he held the opening just above the bowl, my eyes stayed on him as the small trickle of milk began. I wasn't sure how he made pouring milk look so pleasing, but he was definitely doing it, and I was eating it up. His hair the perfect amount of wet from a shower he must have taken previously, skin graced with the smallest bit of shine, tattoos looking like I'd want one myself.

"You want all my milk?" He whispered lowly, my jaw slackening. His pouring was so slow that I knew when to tell him to stop, he knew it too, and yet his eyes and voice and words sounded exactly like the inner workings of my mind. I wanted him. But I wasn't that brave or selfish enough to put my needs before what would be a good, but ultimately bad decision. Plus, Harry had openly told me in fewer words, that if it came to choosing Evie's friendship or me... Evie's friendship would take home the crown.

And as sad as it was, I had to be okay with that. Who was I to ruin something so meaningful?

So I cleared my throat, watching his hand instead, "You buy this milk yourself?" I asked, not meeting his eyes though knowing his were on me. "I did." He nodded smartly, and I held back the internal need to roll my eyes. The milk began to reach just exactly where I liked it in the bowl, and so I placed a gentle hand to his, stopping his movements, "That's enough of your milk then." I said, wiggling myself on the cushioned seat and grabbing the spoon.

Though Harry gestured the carton forward again, the milk spilling the tiniest bit onto my fingers. "What are you doing?" I shrieked, "I said I didn't want anymore." Harry kept pouring until he shrugged, "I told you to say 'when' and I still haven't heard it." I groaned straight away, feeling my fingers become wet and watching the droplets of milk roll down them.

"What the fuck H? Clean this, and I don't want your bullshit cereal now either. What the hell? Why even make this for me in the first place if-"

He grabbed my fingers before I could scold him further, his skin on mine shut me up, and I suddenly forgot all about the righteous way I should be going about things with him. "God I fucking love it when you loose your temper. Such an angry girl." He mumbled, making all the sense in my mind completely vanish. I let out a small gasp as he brought my fingers to his mouth, letting his tongue gently lick over the droplets on my index finger.

"Nothing changed." He whispered, as if he knew what I was thinking, "I said I wasn't going to avoid you." I shut my eyes, only to open them back up just as fiercely, "I don't know what I can and can't do with you." I said, because if Harry and I had been so truthful and honest this far, then I wasn't going to hold back my worries now.

Harry's stare honed in on mine, his palm clasping the side of my neck as his thumb ran circles over my skin, "You can do absolutely anything you want and feel Mae, we didn't have that conversation last night to put a stop to this right now." He spoke, his lips coming closer to mine. "But there is an expiration date somewhere down the track." I breathed against his lips, his eyes lacked colour at my words, at how real and raw they were.

I wasn't going to beat around it, or look at it for something that it wasn't. Eventually, he would have to choose when Evie's friendship becomes more important than his feelings for me. Was I willing to give myself to him in between that time? Yes. And that answer made me want to hurl in the nearest sink, bin, or really anything else. I had to be stronger than that.

"Mae," He mumbled, holding my chin, "This is entirely your choice, if you don't feel comfortable doing this then you have to tell me. I won't be mad, I won't avoid you, I won't make things weird. Tell me what you want and I'll give it to you. You- You make the rules, always. Okay? You absolutely always make the rules." I nodded at his soft tone, and wondered if he could tell just how much I wanted to jump him right now. "Say it back to me." He said, brushing my lips with his the tiniest bit.

Biting the inside of my cheeks, I could tell just from his face alone that he was dead serious about everything he just said. He really thought we could do this without letting it get too far. I wondered how he held so much faith and hope in something like that. Nodding his head slowly, I whispered back, "I absolutely always make the rules." I couldn't deny how good saying those words felt, even though I barely believed them.

His hand somehow found it's way around to my lower back, his fingers tracing the lines of my tattoo like he had already memorised it. "If you don't want me saying certain things," He said, lips brushing my ear, the cereal now completely forgotten, "You tell me." And I nodded, inhaling a quick breath as his fingers smoothed their way underneath my top, his thumbs going back and forth over the band of my sleep shorts. "If you don't want me touching you," His fingers dipped the smallest bit past the top of my shorts before he rasped out, "You tell me."

"I tell you... got it." I gulped, watching his brows furrow. "I'm serious Mabel. If you have the tiniest doubt, I want to hear it. I need to hear everything that comes from that pretty mouth." His lips brushed against mine again as he spoke, not enough for me to feel satisfied in their softness, but enough for me to know that Harry needed my approval to continue.

It wasn't something I'd ever felt before. It wasn't something I'd been brought up to expect. To expect my voice heard, to demand it, to know that it was so important. But I knew it now, I knew how vital it was, because why couldn't my thoughts and voice be just as important as others around me.

I was still reserved and a little shy sometimes, but I knew right from wrong. I knew when to speak and when not to. I knew when to pick my battles. And I knew that with Harry, even if it wouldn't last forever, I would still give him everything I had. Not in hopes that I could change his mind, but simply because I could.

My eyes were focused on his lips, but I drew them up, liking the way he watched me so intently. I opened my mouth to speak, still not really knowing what I was going to say, but instead, footsteps came from behind me, I could hear them descend from the stairs.

In a quick panic, I spun around in Harry's hold, planting my hands firmly on the counter to steady myself. Though the movement caused more commotion that it should have, once I realised that I had placed a hand right into the cereal bowl. "God fucking damn it." I cursed quietly, hearing Harry chuckle from behind me just as the sound of footsteps got closer.

With the snickering coming from behind me, and a wide smirk I knew would be etched onto Harry's face, I picked up the bowl and spun, tipping what was left in it down Harry's torso, earning a curse to fly from his lips too. My hands were wet and milky, with specks of cereal sliding off, and as I lowered my eyes over to Harry, I wasn't sure why it looked like the most erotic scene I'd ever come across.

The sunlight coming from the window shone through, shining right off Harry's slick looking torso. His stomach was wet and dripping, small drops trailing down his ferns and onto his boxers. His jaw was clenched and his eyes looked so sharp I thought my eyes had split in two.

"What the hell was all that-" I twisted my head to the side, looking at Jett's confused face. Her eyes were sleepy and her hair was a mess around her fresh face. She eyed me—my hands— then she eyed Harry— his torso— her eyebrows furrowed in confusion like she couldn't think of any reason at all as to why this would have happened.

I rolled my eyes, looking back at Harry as he arched his brow at me in expectancy, "He- He started it." I pointed, hearing Harry burst out in a groan, "Seriously Mae?" I pried my eyes off his body and looked towards Jett again. "I'm too fuckin' tired for this shit. Harry, I'm here to get water, I don't want any part in your food fight game, you sick fuck." She shimmied her way past Harry, shaking her head as she propped her glasses on the top of her head.

Harry stood with his arms crossed, eyes stern and eyes trailing up from my bare legs. I backed away, out of the kitchen, stomach hungry and grumbling. Though still, I rose my hands, flipping Harry off as I turned the corner. I could hear his laughter even after I'd ran up the stairs, all light and refreshing, I wanted to listen to it forever.

-

The heat was striking, it sunk its way into my skin as I shut the door to my fathers car. The material of my yellow sundress stuck to my skin like glue as I made my way towards the shop. My half up, half down hair blew with the breeze and my face stayed frowning until I pushed open the heavy door and stepped into the refreshing coolness.

"You've brought the sunshine with you again." Dee smiled, looking up at me from a newly installed boxy cream computer. I walked over to her, my purse swinging from one shoulder as I bent down to place two kisses to her cheeks, "Hello to you too." I said. Her dark hair was down today, and the first time I'd ever seen it straight, instead of her normal waves.

She pushed herself up off the chair, "Today is a big day for you sweets." She excitedly wiggled, giving me a wave to follow her as she walked towards the new tattoo stations. "A big day? Why..." I wearily questioned, my eyes noticing that she had stopped at the third station, the one near the wall and furthest from the front desk. "This," She gave me jazz hands as she gestured to the space, "Is your station! It's all yours, see over there it has your little name on the wall." I looked in the direction she pointed, and of course, in what looked like scratchy black ink, my name had been scrawled on the wall above the compartment drawer.

"Dee," I drew out, my heart pinching as I took in the black leather client chair and my own swivel one, "I think I might cry." The drawers were topped with every essential thing, and as I peered sideways, looking at the other two stations, the same scratchy black ink had been written for both Dee and Eli too.

"Do you like?" She nudged my arm, "In the drawers are everything you'll need. Transfer paper, black ink, coloured ink, spare needles for the tattoo machine, and if you need refills they'll be in the storage room." She opened each row, showing me exactly where things were. I grinned so wide, "This is amazing! I- I didn't know I'd have my own proper section." I walked closer to the client chair, letting my fingertips trail along the new leather.

Dee laughed, "Of course you get your own station sweets, you're officially one of us now." She squeezed an arm around me and I melted into it, the kindness and love she freely gave to me was nothing I'd ever truly known from making new friends. Avery and I had grown up together, we had built our affection over the years, we were accustomed to each other. But with Dee, she openly lay out her love to those close to her, that's how I knew it was special. It wasn't given to just anyone. And I guess I kind of related to that. A lot.

I smiled into a blush and wrapped my arms around her, "Thankyou Dee, I really appreciate this." I could feel her hug me just as hard, "You deserve good things Mabel, and don't you forget it." She said with a grin I could feel against my cheek. They were words I'd heard before, even if they were reiterated differently, I wondered when I'd start believing them.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed a tall figure emerge from around the corner. It was Eli. He'd come from a room I hadn't yet seen, and one that hadn't been there last time. "Hey Sunshine." He nodded my way, giving me a small smile that made his cheeks warm. "Hey." I smiled back, watching him place the stack of papers in his hands with the rest that were on the front desk.

With the metal on his face and tattoos swirling from his open shirt, I admired his raven coloured hair that matched his ink. "Set yourself up Mabel," Eli spoke, "I'm teaching you how to tattoo today." My eyes widened instantly, a light catching in his as he watched my reaction. Was I really ready for that? Once I knew how to tattoo properly, I'd have to do it on real people. Real people. I gulped.

"Oh! Okay, you think I'm ready for that?" I asked him, noticing Dee smirk in the corner as she unpacked a small box. Eli crossed his arms, "You were always ready, don't let your mind talk you out of it now." And so I nodded, because I wasn't going to put my better judgement over two qualified professionals. If they thought I was ready, then I must have been.

Eli turned and walked over to his far end station, and I circled back to my own. I took in my surroundings until I noticed a small note accompanied by a light blue coloured book. Walking over to it, seeing it sat on the corner of a small table, I looked around as if it hadn't been meant for me. As if the envelope hadn't had my name written in the same scratchy ink writing as the one on the wall.

The book sat upwards, it's hard cover displaying ink swirls upon the same light blue colour that matched many of my clothes. It was thick and wordy and beautiful, and I already couldn't wait to dive into it. I was sure my cheeks were already sporting a shade of pink, and I looked left and right before picking up the small envelope and opening it. A fuzzy feeling settled within me, seeing the scratchy writing in paragraph form.

Mon Ange,

For when you can't see that the world is better with you in it, know that nothing would ever be the same without your gorgeous mind and eyes that could siren anybody completely.

I am proud of you little love.

-H

My chest rose and rose, eyes skimming over the words written. I held the small note as if the paper would somehow disintegrate between my fingers, I wanted to watch the words forever as if they could somehow disappear from the paper at any moment.

All I could think about was how good of a boyfriend Harry would be. Not that I'd experience it in my time, but letting my mind wander that far was nice. I let myself do it now without worrying, because I knew that it wouldn't happen. And so I let myself believe for a second that this gesture meant more than what we'd agreed on.

I tucked the tiny note into my purse, already thinking of a safe place to keep it without it being found. I scooped the book up, admiring how Harry would have bought it in New York and instantly thought of me. Ugh. I hated myself for feeling giddy and shy. He wasn't even here and yet he still made me feel completely wrapped up in everything him.

I wondered how the mischievous boy in the kitchen this morning could still be so sweet. 

Leaning on one hip, I flipped through the pages, loving the fresh scent. I breathed in, beginning to read the first page that went into detail about the history of tattooing. "Sunshine," I heard Dee yell, automatically turning my head to her, "Get your ass over here, it's tattoo time baby." I bit my lip with nerves and shut the book, feeling the gush of air against my face.

Propping it back to where it was, I trudged my way slowly over to both Dee and Eli, my chucks soundless on the floor as I came to a stop where they were. He was sat on his swivel chair, looking up at me, "Pull up a seat, I'm gonna teach you, that way you'll be filled with all the proper knowledge." He smirked shyly, I rolled my eyes with a grin, "Is that so?" I prodded, rolling over the nearest swivel chair and taking a seat.

I crossed one leg over the other, the material of my dress brushing my ankles as I did so. Eli pulled open the top drawer, taking out a piece of what looked like paper. "Thermal paper." Eli stated without me having to question first, "We draw the design onto one of these first, then when the client is ready, we transfer this onto the clients desired place and the outline will help guide us." I nodded, tuning out everything else around me as I watched him quickly draw a small crescent moon on the thermal paper, he then transferred it onto a free spot on his forearm— one that wasn't already covered in ink.

"You're going to tattoo yourself right now?" I said, as if he hadn't already known what he was doing. His lips curled up as he searched for the black ink cap, pulling it out and positioning it in a tray beside the client chair where he lay his arm. "Unless you want to offer up that blank canvas." He gave me one look up and down before he fiddled with the machine, propping sterile needles where they needed to be.

My face screwed up as I shook it, making a laugh rumble out from his chest. I watched intently as he went over all the precautionary requirements of using the tattoo machine, of all the ways to handle it properly. He was thorough in his explanations, asking me questions here and there to make sure I was really listening. And I was. I answered every question with every answer I'd picked up on from being so focused on him.

He reached for ointment to rub on the small spot he was about to tattoo, and within a second, he placed his foot on the pedal below and the buzzing sound filled throughout the shop. It made my heart race, a kind of adrenaline taking place as I realised this would be my life. This place would fill my days and for once, in such a long time, I felt truly happy in the decision I'd made for myself.

Eli talked me through everything, about what parts of the needle tip went where, about how to start and the process of finishing it, about how to estimate how long a tattoo should roughly take. The crescent moon sat on his outstretched arm and he moved slowly as he met his skin with the tip of the needle.

I found it fascinating, watching how the dark ink transferred onto the skin so beautifully. He was smooth in his hand movements, patient and making sure I watched every inch. "Always start with the line work, then go onto colour and shading if that's something the client asks for. I'm not going to shade this, but I just wanted to give you a basic idea of what to expect." Eli said, as he joint the last line of his crescent moon. He moved his foot over the pedal and the buzzing stopped, I watched his pale skin, now raw and red around his new ink.

"Now what do I do?" He asked me, swivelling around so that his knees nudged against mine. I straightened my back as I recalled, "Let it calm down a bit, then clean it, dry it, and apply ointment." I said with a small scrunch to my nose, hoping I'd gotten it right. Eli's lips turned upside down as he nodded softly, beginning the process of what I'd said, "I'm not sure if I'm more proud of you or myself." He laughed, watching me with a grin.

I felt Dee's hands rub gently over my shoulders from behind me, "You're doing great sweets, you're everything we could've wanted and more." She beamed, and I couldn't help but look up at her, "I haven't even started yet, what if I'm really bad and then you want to get rid of me." I gulped, watching her at my upside down angle. "Get fucked, I can see true talent, and I'm also never wrong." She threw her arms up in a defensive gesture as she walked back to her desk.

"Check out the new room." Eli said, catching my attention again as he quirked his head in the direction I'd been looking before. "I didn't know we were getting a new room." I stated, wearily walking closer to it. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, watching the dark shut door. "Builders made a mistake, it would've been too much money to try and change it all. So, Dee did some quick thinking." Eli explained.

My fingers twisted around the doorknob, the cold air hitting my skin as I opened the door fully. I flicked the light on and my eyes began skimming over every object already placed within the room. There was a black leather client chair, just like those in our stations, a sink and counter took up the wall on the left, and a set of drawers were on the wall beside the door.

The room was cold as I walked into it, and filled with all types of hygiene practises. I neared the drawers and began to pull open the first one, only to find the tiniest small bags, each having some kind of jewellery placed within it. I swallowed a nervous gulp, "Piercings?" I turned slowly, noticing Eli's amused face as he watched me figure it out.

I really hoped the answer would be no, because I was just figuring out the tattoo world. I had absolutely no idea about the piercing world. Inking people's skin had been one thing to get over, but puncturing holes in their skin too? I felt the sweat grace my neck already.

Dee's petite frame joined beside Eli's tall one, her smile even crazier than before. She nodded her head, "Mabel," Her eyes focused above my head as she fanned out her hands with enthusiasm, "Tattoist and Body Piercer."

"Oh shit." I breathed out, watching as Dee and Eli laughed their way through my shocked state.

As I realised, this was totally my life now.

-

I sat facing my own set of drawers, just watching in awe, going over everything that was in them. I'd spent the entire day at the shop and much to my surprise, I hadn't gotten sick of it. Dee had spent a solid few hours going over new things with me, about how to outline, shade and colour when it came to tattooing, about how the consult with the client in the beginning is the most important part.

She was patient and understanding and comforting, and she said that it would only take three more long sessions for me to finally be able to tattoo legally. And so that was how I now found myself going through all the things that were already placed in my set of drawers. I checked things over, naming them off as I went, testing myself to see if I could do it on my own.

Once I was satisfied enough, or rather when I felt my brain frying itself over, I shut all the drawers and leant forward on my very own swivel chair, gently picking up the blue book. It felt heavy in my hands, though it was also like inhaling a breath of fresh air. I opened it up, flicking to the first page with a small grin on my face. Sitting back, I let my eyes wander, reading line for line about the history of what I would be getting myself into.

Somewhere amongst my reading, I'd heard the entrance door open and close, though I assumed it had either been Dee or Eli, and so I continued to finish my page, and the next three after that.

"I think my new favourite thing is watching you read."

I snapped the book shut, swivelling the chair so fast in confusion to see if I'd really heard Harry speaking, or just imagined it, I wouldn't be surprised by the latter. Though of course, within seconds, once I'd stilled, there he was. The darkness coming through from the windows didn't make him look any friendlier, nor did his prominent veins and messy hair. He looked beautiful, in his denim jeans and grey t-shirt. My eyes ran over him before I remembered to greet him.

"Did you intend for that to sound as creepy as it did?" I questioned, uncrossing my legs and tightening the black elastic band that sat in my half up, half down do. Harry smirked, "No I did not, sorry about that." He took a few steps closer, his own black chucks that matched mine coming closer. His eyes flickered down to the book laying on my lap, his hands firmly planted in his jean pockets. I stood up, swirling around to where I had the book placed before, balancing it up again, "Thank you for the book," I smiled, "I really love it. I've already started reading it."

Harry grinned, walking over to the left side of my section, leaning his shoulder on the outer wall, "You don't have to thank me Mae." He gave me a nod, one that spoke more words than his own did. I shrugged, trying to think of a non awkward way to thank him for the note. I'd never received a handwritten anything before, and I wondered if this gesture was something he'd normally do for just anybody.

Walking over to him, I mimicked his stance, staring up into his green eyes that sucked me in completely. I could tell that Harry knew I was being cautious, or more so aware that I wanted to do more than I could, he watched me with that knowing look. He could read me as well as I could read him. "I appreciate your note," I swallowed, "You didn't have to do that and you did, and well, I've never had that before so thank-"

"Don't you dare say what I think you're gonna say." Harry muttered, eyes serious and darkening. I rolled my eyes, knowing he could see the gesture but choosing to do it anyway. Taking a breath to rethink my words, I huffed and tilted my head up at him, "I really appreciate what you've given me." I clasped my hands behind my back so that Harry wouldn't notice them fumble.

This time when he spoke, his voice lowered a notch, and his lips looked even more tempting to touch, "You're welcome baby. I really meant what I said— in the note but also what we spoke about the other night. I'm sorry for being a total asshole. I'll prove to you that it won't ever happen again." He said, never taking his eyes away from mine.

His hand closest to the wall inched it's way out of his pocket, the initial feel of his fingers on my arm felt too much like bliss for such a small gesture. Though as minor as it may have been, I felt it all too much. My chest pounded as he ran his fingers down gently, like they weren't even there at all, he reached my shoulder and went all the way back down again. He glanced sideways for a second, making sure nobody had been watching— something I'd completely become oblivious to— and as his fingers reached my wrist, he clasped my palm in his, intertwining our hands.

"I see you Mae," He whispered, tightening his fingers around mine, our warm and cold skin combining, "I won't ever stop proving that to you."

I couldn't stop my eyes as they took in every emotion on his flawless face. He was serious. His tousled hair seemed to call for my touch, lips so pretty and pink.

And out of all the words that had ever been said to me, I believed his most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 100 21
A sweetheart model. A distrusting drummer. 15 or more tattoos. A music video and a Menthol Malboro. "So if I've got it right, that tattoo was your...
253K 7.2K 24
Every good girl falls for the bad boy. That's like some unwritten rule that always seems to be respected. But what if he isn't a bad boy, just looks...
21.6K 846 39
Before Smoky lived on the Nameless Street, P & his family moved there. His parents taught the kids of the street the values of family & survival unti...
2.1K 140 25
I snort as I step over the leader's still unconscious body. "Followers are never as strong as the leader." I say shrugging as I walk confidently down...