Sound Waves (Avatar: The Last...

Від GoldenSapphire2

Princess Himoko of Omashu's life changed when the Avatar visited her city, for the better or worse she doesn'... Більше

Chapter 1 - Last Letter
Chapter 2 - Water
Chapter 3 - Dai Li
Chapter 4 - Comrade
Chapter 5 - Everything and Anything
Chapter 6 - The City
Chapter 7 - Moonlight
Chapter 8 - What Lies Ahead
Chapter 9 - Drowned
Chapter 10 - Order
Chapter 11 - Identity
Chapter 12 - Heir
Chapter 13 - Tunnel Vision
Chapter 14 - Reunion
Chapter 15 - Innocence
Chapter 16 - Tall Tales
Chapter 17 - Indoctrinated City
Chapter 18 - Palace-Arrest
Chapter 19 - Reflections
Chapter 20 - The Lady of the Lake
Chapter 21 - Daffodils
Sound Reflection

22 - Blistering Crystals

368 14 8
Від GoldenSapphire2

Himoko's POV

We drop off Sadem's things in my room back at the palace before heading out again, this time to go and meet up with Seren. We had a lot to speak about what has transpired over these past few days. Sadem was relatively silent as we made our way to her house, the teenager seeming to be lost in his thoughts. I didn't try to pull him out, his mind was probably still processing things that has happened.

For one: We found out about the lake, two: stopped the Earth Kingdom's Monarchy from being overthrown, three: jailed the person responsible for the said attempt at overthrowing, and four: Sadem was given the option to stay as a Dai Li Agent, or to solely be my personal royal guard. Which includes him having to move out from the Dai Li government-issued homes.

I may have had a lot on my own personal plate, but he was never used to things being thrown in his face like this, especially in a short amount of time.

Sadem deserves to process things, not go from just processing what has happened to the next big thing. And, with how our lives currently worked, could happen at any minute.

We come upon Seren's street, the area more quiet today, which I didn't mind at all. It was a telltale sign that the adults were out working their jobs, leaving Seren to most likely be home alone babysitting her baby cousin.

"Hopefully Seren has free time." Up to her house- I knock on her door, leaning back against Sadem. Sadem places his hands on the sides of my arms, supporting my weight.

A few minutes pass before the door swings open, and we see Seren's confused face appear, holding a sleeping baby in her free arm. "Hi- Siren and Sadem, hi. I wasn't expecting you two today." She corrected herself, we were in public even if we stood at her front doorstep. "Yeah, we need to talk to you about...stuff. May we come in?" She nods before stepping aside and letting us in. I pushed myself back upright, I walk inside the home. Into the den of truths.

---

3rd Person's POV

"Look Bosco, the Kyoshi Warriors are here to protect us. Aren't you excited?" The King tugs playfully on the platypus bear's cheeks, who yawns tiredly. The 'Kyoshi Warriors' watch this exchange, Ty Lee holding herself back from squealing over how cute Bosco was. King Kuei clears his throat, facing the three girls, appearing more serious now compared to seconds before.

"It's been a difficult week for me. My most trusted advisor, Long Feng, and his Dai Li agents tried to take control of Ba Sing Se from me." He confessed, Azula replying smoothly, "It's terrible when you can't trust the people who are closest to you."

"But there is good news. As we speak, the Council of Five is meeting to plan an invasion of The Fire Nation this summer. On the day of a solar eclipse." And just with those words, things are pushed into motion, the Princess of the Fire Nation's eyes widening. She fakes enthusiasm over his confession.

"Really? Now that sounds like a fascinating and brilliant plan." Princess Azula shares a look with her two trusted allies, gears turning in her mind. 'Looks like this will be easier than previously presumed...'

Katara stands in front of five military generals, Momo on her shoulder as she stands speaking with them about the invasion plans. "General Fong's base will serve as the launching point of the attack. In exactly two months, the Army and Navy will invade the Fire Nation on The Day of Black Sun." 'Two months... That seems so far away, and yet so close.' These two months of preparation for the invasion will fly by before she knows it. She watches him bend three earth kingdom markers across the sea on the map, and to the fire nation's capitol. A red marker stands in wait before being pushed over by Momo pouncing on it with accurate speed. Katara watches the other markers surrounding it scatters from the momentum the lemur left. "Or we could send in Momo to do some damage." She quips in amusement, "Cause the..." Her laughter fades at the sight of the unimpressed generals, "...sorry."

With a small wave of his hand, General How snaps the pieces upright. The startled Momo shrieks and races off the map, to perch on Katara's shoulder once more. "All we need is the Earth King's seal in order to execute the plan." General How places down a scroll, moving it to Katara. Katara grabs the scroll, bowing her head in respect. "I'll get these scrolls to him right away. Thank you, General How." Katara and Momo leave the generals' council room, heading out to the streets of Ba Sing Se in the Upper Ring. She wasn't too far from the palace, so it wouldn't take long to get this scroll to King Kuei to receive the seal for it.

The night begins to fall, the group of three sat in Seren's bedroom. Soon they would have to depart, it was coming to the end of the conversation; depart from the home before Seren's family spots them.

The risk of them being brainwashed was no longer an immediate threat, but with how the Dai Li operates- Sadem has the feeling in his gut they were still loyal to Long Feng. Especially the agents who worked immediately under him and in Lake Laogai.

Since Sadem has been down there, it feels like he is slipping in a way, memories are out of place but still present. When he would go to look back on certain details of this past month, his timeline would be off. Something he noticed when helping Himoko recount the events to Seren. She sat and listened, not giving any input, just sitting there on the ground with them, taking all of the information in. She seemed to be in a bit of shock as well, that things seemed to finally begin anew. Falling into place and being laid out on the path of a wonderful future.

When the last words pass the Princess' lips, is when Seren speaks finally on her thoughts, "So... Now what?"

"I'm going to ask permission from the new head of the Dai Li; Saber, to look at documents of pass arrests within the city, to see who has all gone missing since, or became one of the Joo-Dee's." Himoko informs, "There is still work to be done until Ba Sing Se is back to where it should have been before Long Feng and the Dai Li became corrupted."

"Aren't you worried that 'Saber' could be one of the corrupted ones?"

"We made sure that he wasn't, Sadem actually helped give advice to Kuei about who to make a new leader of the force temporarily." Sadem nods, that was an interesting conversation to have with the King. Really, it was just appointing someone that Sadem actually LIKED in the Dai Li rather than who he thought was more capable of being a leader. Seren sighs in relief.

"Is there anything that I can do to help?"

"Information would be helpful since you are living within the city and have better access to learning about rumors and missing persons. If you can, record everything down somewhere and let us know." Seren nods, "Will do my best!"

"Thanks for hearing us out, Sadem and I will try to be here tomorrow after we attend a meeting with the King and his generals." Himoko stands up from her spot on the floor, Sadem following after then helping Seren up. Seren looks between them before throwing her arms around them, pulling them both into a hug. Himoko smiles softly, returning the hug; her chin rested on Seren's shoulder.

"Stay safe you guys."

"Always," Sadem promises. Himoko is the first to pull away, smiling softly at Seren.

"If you need anything, you know where to find us." The two take their leave, a small wave of 'see you later' to the earth kingdom teen. She reciprocates it, knowing that she will see them again. This is only the beginning of Ba Sing Se's healing.

Himoko and Sadem walk back to the palace, the ex-agent, and princess such an unusual pair when standing next to one another, in tune with their steps and confidence.

As many worries and doubts Himoko may have for the near future, she knows that if they all worked together, anything was possible. She just had to keep that in mind for the unforeseeable future.

Walking past the citizens of this city, so carefree and ignorant to what has transpired in these past couple of days- it was bliss, and Himoko felt pants of jealousy hit her at the thought of living her life, ignorant to the horrors of the dark hidden behind the light.

-

Ty Lee stares in the mirror, wiping off the leftover makeup on her face as she prepares to rest in the evening. Mai sits close by her, having only just started wiping off the red eyeliner. Azula paces back and forth in the room, her face bare from any sight of makeup.

"We have been presented with an extraordinary opportunity, girls." The girl states out loud. Ty Lee teasingly replies, "Mai finally gets to wear makeup that's not totally depressing?" Mai rolls her eyes at the teasing comment. "Ha. Ha."

Azula walks up to the window, overlooking some parts of the city, "I'm talking about conquering the whole Earth Kingdom." Her close friends turn around in their seats, shocked at the declaration.

"For a hundred years the fire nation has hammered away at Ba Sing Se from the outside. But now we are on the inside, and we can take it by ourselves."

"Gosh, you're confident. I really admire that about you." States Ty Lee, Azula raising a brow as confidence surges through her from the compliment, inflating her ego. "From the inside, we're in the perfect position to organize a coup and overthrow the Earth King. The key is the Dai Li. Whoever controls the Dai Li, controls Ba Sing Se." She smiles wickedly at her dear friends, who nod slowly in unison, in agreement with her plan.

"What should we do about the Omashu Princess, then?" Mai questions, "It will be difficult to do both with all three of us, plus the Avatar."

"Yes, 'difficult', but not impossible. From the looks of things, Princess Himoko has her own personal guard, which may be tricky to get by him... However- Knowing us,"

"-We can do anything that we set our minds to!" Ty Lee interrupts optimistically. Her hand fist pumps the air before she hops off of her seat. Mai continues wiping away the dark makeup, currently dreading putting it all back on tomorrow in the early morning. How do Kyoshi Warriors keep up with this every day? True dedication. If it was up to her, she would never take it off just so she didn't have to deal with taking it off and then putting it back on again. But, that is only part of her dreams in the night, her life is made easy.

Azula retreats to the balcony, closing the door behind her. Breathing in the fresh air of the descending night, she wonders to herself of plans and ideas to unravel in the next coming days. She has always been good at strategy, one of her many strong points. She was praised for her fighting and bending by her grandfather, and her intelligence by her father. She holds those praises close to her heart, the golden child of the Fire Nation, the best out of the royal family-

It may seem like she was praised often because of her skills, when in reality... She wasn't. She was marked down as someone to be afraid of, to 'stay away from that little girl, she is dangerous' by teachers at her school, by other adults...by her own mother.

But, when she was praised by the two most powerful people in the Fire Nation at that time, it felt good. And pushed her to surpass all expectations. She learned that it is better to be feared than loved.

She just, never realized how sad and lonely living a life like that was.

---

Morning came and on the coast of Chameleon Bay stood one of the most infamous Southern Water Tribe Chieftans, Hakoda. He walks to the side of his only son, Sokka, who was staring out to the ocean waters awaiting outside of the bay. He seemed to be deep in thoughts, a perplexed expression on his face. One, Hakoda was familiar with.

"I recognize that look on your face, Sokka." Sokka turns, surprised to hear his father's voice. "Huh? Oh, hey Dad." Sokka did his best to sound enthusiastic at the sight of Hakoda, but his thoughts kept him from sounding excited.

"You don't seem like you are doing too great, something troubling you?" He remembers the conversation he had with Aang on the ride here before he was dropped off, speaking of relationships and the future. It was troubling to think about, however, he couldn't stop the thoughts.

Would talking to his dad even help? Maybe it would be different talking to someone who has actually had experience with relationships before?

It wouldn't hurt to try, right?

"Yeah, something is..." Sokka trailed off, pushing himself to gain the courage to bring it up with Hakoda.

Sokka didn't need to fret to gain that courage, Hakoda brought it up for him, "...You are interested in someone? Romantically, right?"

"How did you-"

"I recognize that look very well. The look of heartbreak and confusion." Hakoda rests his hand on his son's shoulder, slightly leaning down to look into his eyes. "Relationship troubles? Girl, Boy?" Sokka's face flushes, stepping out of his father's light grasp, shrugging off the embarrassment he felt. "Girl... I just don't know, Dad."

"You never know when it comes to winning someone's heart, especially in this day and age."

"Day and age?"

"It is hard finding love in the middle of an ongoing war, especially when you are standing next to the center of it." He alluded to his friendship with Aang, the Avatar. Sokka purses his lips at the mere thought of the current war, and how his father was right.

"Yeah, the war is keeping us apart. That must be it-"

"No no, son, that isn't what I'm saying here." Hakoda quickly corrects him, "It may be hard finding love in this war, but it isn't impossible, it doesn't keep people apart, it brings people closer together. Because, when there is danger imminent, then there-"

"The need to protect who you care about." He stares at Hakoda, deep in thought. 'I care about Himoko, a lot still. Despite everything that has happened, what we said in our last conversation and many conversations before that- I just can't seem to... Let her go.' His father watches the turmoil in Sokka's figure, body language showing the reclusion and doubt. Awaiting for an answer, a way to make things right.

"Sokka, have you ever heard of the phrase. 'Right person, Wrong time'?" Hakoda pulls him out of his thoughts, the phrase sounding familiar. "I think so?" Hakoda smiles gently, warmth in his eyes. "It means, 'You found the Right person, just not at the Right time'. This girl you are interested in might be the one; it just isn't the right time for you to be with her." Sokka laughs in solemn, shaking his head.

"Why does that make me feel worse?"

"Because the truth hurts, it is just what you make of it is what counts." He claps his son lightly on the back, gesturing for them to head over to help the other soldiers.

"Wait, Dad." Hakoda looks back, brow-raising. "Yes?"

"What if... This person I want to be with, isn't mentally or physically possible?"

"Then fight as hard as can to make it be possible. Love transcends all, no matter what. No one can ever take that away from you." Hakoda walks away from his son, fixing his posture as he presented himself off as the Chief that he was. Strong physically and Mentally. He was their leader till the end of time, just like the Chiefs before him.

He hoped that one day, he could be as great as his father. Maybe then, he would be enough to be with the Princess of Omashu.

-

Inside of a brand new tea shop in the upper ring of Ba Sing Se, stood Uncle Iroh and Zuko standing side by side. Their new lives laying ahead of them. "Who thought when we came to this city as refugees, that I'd end up owning my own tea shop. Follow your passion Zuko, and life will reward you." Zuko smiles cheerfully, "Congratulations Uncle."

"I'm very thankful." Iroh's heart swelled in genuine happiness, things were falling into place. A new life for him and his nephew, the boy who has been through so much and is finally realizing what life actually is. It isn't spending it on a wild goose chase, for the honor to be given to him by a father who never cared about him. It was this, being with people who actually care about him and spending time with them.

"You deserve it. The Jasmine Dragon will be the best tea shop in the city." The promise slips off of his tongue before Zuko could stop himself, but at that moment he didn't care. He felt pride flood his chest, signaling happy chemicals. He was happy to see the old ex-general happy.

"No, I'm thankful because you decided to share this special day with me." He places a hand on his nephew's shoulder, "It means more than you know." Zuko looks from behind his uncle to his eyes, a short thought passing his mind before he acted on it. Enveloping Uncle Iroh in a warm hug, surprising the man. The hug was a surprise, but not unwelcomed as he returned it with no qualms.

Zuko claps his hands together enthusiastically after pulling apart from the hug, "Now let's make these people some tea."

"Yes! Let's make some tea!"

-

Mai sits at the top of the stairs in her Kyoshi Warrior disguise, close by Ty Lee is doing toe-touches while they waited for Azula to arrive. "I'm tired of wearing this girly disguise. I don't know how anyone can fight in this." Mai stated, staring at the uniform in disgust.

"Maybe that's why it was so easy to beat the Kyoshi Warriors and take their clothes!" Ty Lee beamed proudly. "How much longer do we have to serve the Earth King? If I have to clean up one more pile of bear poop, I'm gonna throw up." Ty Lee continues to stretch out her body, the acrobat warrior leisurely enjoying the peace they currently shared at the moment.

"Princess Azula promised we would go back to the Fire Nation as soon as we captured the Avatar. We just have to be patient." Mai whips around, shushing Ty Lee "Do you want the whole palace to know we're Fire Nation?" She speaks to her in an aggressive whisper. Ty Lee frowns, "Sorry." Mai rolls her eyes as Azula makes her entrance, donning the Kyoshi Warrior Uniform with confidence in her steps, "Good work girls." She glances to the roof, putting the remnants of retreating Dai Li Agents. She smirks, the plan in motion.

"I am sure the Dai Li will deliver the message.".

In the path of the forgotten, stood two people lost to time. An Air Nomad nun, the Guru. And an Airbender, the Avatar.

"The fifth in the chain is the Sound Chakra, located in the throat. It deals with truth and is blocked by lies. The ones we tell ourselves." Guru Pathik explains, his words soothing but strict, reminding Aang of someone in the forefront of his mind. Worried lines creasing across his forehead at the thought of them. "Guru Pathik, are there people besides Avatars and Gurus who have unlocked chakras before? Specifically this one?" Aang questions, Guru Pathik thinking for a moment.

"There have been many who unlocks chakras, the mind, and body when working together in regular to day life- It is very possible for a normal person to unlock one without realizing. Usually after overcoming some form of trauma to the body, physically or mentally." He began to explain, "When unlocking a chakra, as you know, it takes a lot of willpower to pull through it. When the body undergoes trauma, that willpower manifests itself as a defense tactic, aiding the person in unlocking the designated chakra unknowingly. However, it can be incredibly dangerous to do it this way, without someone to help guide you through it. You could end up being swallowed whole by the energy within, suffocated... This is why you are being trained to unlock these chakras, and not left to learn this on your own."

"Are you aware of something called, an 'Adversary'?"

"I am. When an Avatar and the Adversary exist in the same lifetime. They usually train together to unlock these chakras." The Guru pauses, remembering a key detail. "Quite actually, the first and most important one for the Adversary to unlock is this chakra."

"The Sound Chakra? Why is that?"

"When an Adversary is picked, it isn't based on lineage or nation they belong to, it is based on how many truths and lies they have told in their past lives that they don't remember. If there are more lies never told among the rest, then that soul will be the Adversary." He stares down at the swirling waters, watching the water flow calmly. "Adversary Himoko's soul will never reincarnate, to keep the balance of souls between lies and truths."

"Never- Never reincarnate? So she isn't like me?"

"She is the other half, less powerful but the same amount of importance. You two are Yin and Yang, balanced and discreet. You are the Bridge, she is the Exit."

"Himoko never went into the depth about what being the Adversary was."

"Because it is forever changing, duties of the Adversary. Spiritual connection is the major one, helping those among the spirit realm, while you help those among the living."

"That's why she is the Exit and I'm the Bridge." He nods, Aang quirking a brow at a sudden thought.

"Wait, then who is the Entra-" Guru Pathik interrupts him, "Time is running out, focus now on easing your mind, releasing your energy steadily, unwinding just like the flow of the river." He instructs Aang, the boy sighing softly, 'I will ask later' He makes mental note before heading to meditate, resting on a slab of rock in the middle of the flowing streams. He takes a deep breath in, relaxing his muscles and mind. 'Sound Chakra...Truth and Lies.' His mind wanders into the unknown.

"Why didn't you tell us you were the Avatar?"

"Because I never wanted to be," Aang spoke in the mist truths.

"You cannot lie about your own nature. You must accept that you are the Avatar." Guru Pathik guided him through the waves. Aang draws a deep breath in, slowly releasing it and closing his eyes once more. He is standing at a high peak, staring out into the fog. Wind brushes against his sides, ruffling his garments and hair (if he ever had any).

Aang stares down at the land below, deep into the caverns, searching for the truths of his life, and how to eliminate the lies. Be true to yourself, and not just true to others. Accepting who he is was a milestone in a hundred.

"Very good Aang. You have opened the Chakra of Truth." Aang blinks his eyes open at the sound of his guide's voice, smiling as he feels lighter. A weight being lifted off of his throat.

"Himoko you feeling okay?" Himoko blinks, stumbling a few steps as she zones back into reality. Sadem rests his hands on her arms, steadying her. "We can visit Saber another time, you have been unsteady all morning." Himoko shakes her head, "No. We need to speak with him as soon as we can about the-"

"Yes, 'as soon as we can'. That means as soon as YOU can," He pauses for a moment, resting the back of his hand against her forehead. "You aren't warm, so you haven't come down with a cold."

"It's nothing to worry about, I will get over it...whatever it is." Himoko proclaims, shrugging Sadem's hands away from her to continue walking, not allowing herself to space out again. Speaking to Saber was her major goal of today, getting those arrest reports and then comparing them to the missing person's reports. She needs to know how many people's lives were lost by the hand of the corrupted members of the Dai Li and Long Feng, and how many she can still save.

Sadem releases a soft sigh, "Don't hesitate to tell me if you are feeling dizzy." Himoko glances back at him, her guard's face showing his concern. Himoko reluctantly nods, agreeing to let him know that she would. If it would ease his worries.

They walk down the street, today more quiet compared to yesterday when the streets were practically filled with bustling busybodies and running children. A fresh of breath air.

Himoko hasn't heard from any spirits since yesterday, which was slightly worrying because she has what, three now of the elements? Her power would increase as she gathers more, and Ba Sing Se is the center of the Earth Kingdom. Seeing spirits were common here, tiny ones especially.

Unlike the North Pole, which was rich in spiritual energy. Ba Sing Se was like a gate, only letting a few in a time before drawing the bridge back up to block more from coming in. That was the best way she could describe it.

Her heels clicked against the stones she walked across, eyes slightly unfocused to keep herself balanced and standing upright. Sadem paid close attention to her, and her surroundings. Watching how she avoided the children running past them, dragging a wooden wheelbarrow behind, a toy. How her feet danced across the divets between carefully placed stones to create the path beneath their feet. Sadem has noticed since her arrival in Ba Sing Se, how she carried herself changed. Before- She was stiff and stern, displaying power and superiority. Adamantly showing that she was serious in her role as the Princess of Omashu, but pushing that agenda too much in order to get things done.

Now, she was carefree, loosening the reigns she had placed on herself, the agenda having been pushed, superior and powerful as the Heir of Omashu. Princess Himoko was comfortable in her role and showed that more and more in her actions and displayed body language.

When he first met her, he never would have thought he would never see the teenager blow raspberries at her cousin, the King. See her walk around with a small skip in her step, watching her lean down to pick up a tiny pebble just to toss it into the air- She has changed since her arrival in the city, for the better.

He feels like he has changed too, more confident in himself and his abilities. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind anymore, he knows now that his opinion is always welcomed and put into consideration. Himoko helped him realize, that he was worth it. He wasn't just another agent of the Dai Li.

Himoko falters for a moment, Sadem grabbing a hold of her arm to stop her from falling, "You okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." She reassures him, resting her hand on her forehead, "I'm still not warm, probably just dizzy spells..."

"That still isn't good. How about we get back you back to the palace so you can rest, I can take care of speaking with Saber and getting those documents." Sadem states, brows arching down. Determined to get her to agree.

"No no- I would rather we do it together, and I wouldn't want to have you walk into the Dai Li Quarters alone." He pursed his lips, thinking about the 'welcoming' committee he would gain from arriving without her by his side. It wouldn't be too pretty, especially at this time of day. He still remembered the different group's schedules, who would be out patrolling, and who would be hanging around the quarters.

He sighs, shaking his head, "You're right... But, we can still find another time to do it. Saber isn't going anywhere."

"Oh hi!" They turn surprised to see a flying lemur leap off of Katara's shoulder and onto Sadem's. Sadem jumps, startled by the sudden companion, wrapping his tail around Sadem's head, chittering happily. "Katara? Hi, what are you up to?" Himoko greeted her, the waterbender smiling softly.

"I'm just taking this scroll back to the generals, I got the Earth King to sign it. It's for war preparations." She seemed ecstatic as she talked, making smiles lift up on both Himoko and Sadem's faces. (A/N: In the show, the Earth King had yet to sign the scroll, but in my version, Kuei has already signed it)

"Glad to hear! It's nice to see Kuei able to bring himself out of his slump and be responsible again." Sadem nods in agreement before glancing down the street, "We are heading to the Dai Li Quarters, the Generals Building is on the way. We can accompany you if you want." Katara thinks for a moment, shrugging.

"Might as well, it's not like we are heading in two different directions." Sadem raises a brow as Katara hooks arms with Himoko, the group of three (plus Momo) walks the rest of the way down the street. The princess still feeling off and dizzy doesn't let that get in the way of having a light conversation with Katara, mindful where she was stepping.

"What does the scroll entail?"

"Permission to start slowing sending out troops from Ba Sing Se to General Fong's Base- For the Day of Black Sun."

"The eclipse?" Sadem questions, Himoko answering. "The Day of Black Sun for a limited time is when the Fire Nation will be at their most vulnerable. If we attack then, the chance of victory is incredibly higher." Himoko informs him, "We learned this when we visited the Fire Nation Temple and Aang spoke with one of his past lives, Avatar Roku."

"That is two months away, right?" Katara nods, "Two months go by quick, so we must start preparations now." She states.

They walk down stone stairs, Himoko's body slightly swaying as she made her way down. Katara didn't notice, but Sadem did. Keeping as much of an eye on her as he could while also being mindful of where he stepped.

"Do you smell that?" Katara sniffs the air, the delicious aroma of teas filling the air. "It smells amazing." She further commented, Momo chittering in agreement.

"I don't remember this building being a tea shop before, it must be relatively new." Himoko comments as Momo jumps onto Katara's shoulder to hang off of the bender. "What do you say Momo? A cup of tea before we get back to the generals?" Momo seems to nod his head, excited for tea despite the lemur never having consumed it before, or will.

"Tea sounds good." Sadem states before thinking, 'Maybe it will help Himoko feel better.' They walk into the tea shop, the room filled with customers enjoying their time there. Katara lets go of Himoko's arm, feeling a shiver rush down her spine hearing familiar soft humming coming from the back, in the kitchen.

"Table for five please-" Himoko quickly moves standing in front of Katara, hands pressing against her ears to muffle any sounds she may hear. "Himoko?" Katara is confused as a busboy calls out orders.

"Uncle, I need two jasmines, one green, and one lychee!" Zuko. Katara furrows her brows in confusion, seeing the worried look on her friend's face.

"We have to go." Himoko wasn't aware that Zuko and Iroh had gotten a new tea shop and moved, Sadem making brief eye contact with Katara before ushering them both out of the shop. Katara pushes back on Himoko, "What's wrong?" She is puzzled and slightly irritated. It was just a tea shop-

"I'm brewing as fast as I can!" Calls back Iroh, a smile on his face, unaware of the small ruckus out front. Katara steps on Sadem's foot, the guard grunting in pain as she landed on his pinky toe. She pushes past Himoko, just enough to see a familiar face. The Banished Prince, Zuko. She gasps, eyes widening in fear. 'He is here in Ba Sing Se.' She thinks to herself before being pushed back outside, Himoko and Sadem blocking her way.

"What is going on? Did you two not see that-" Himoko shushes her, placing her index finger against her lips. "Quiet. Do not freak out, we are in public." She warns, they couldn't cause more of a scene, not now.

Katara doesn't seem to understand the situation, why Sadem and Himoko stopped her from seeing Zuko in the first place, as she abruptly turns around, and takes off into a sprint.

"Katara-!" Himoko begins to yell before she shuts herself up, reminding herself that Zuko or Iroh could very well hear shouting, especially with a recognizable name. Sadem grabs Himoko's arm, stopping her from running after her.

"You still feel unwell, you can't run after her." Stated Sadem, Himoko shakes her head. "But if she gets to my cousin and tells him that they are in the city, things will go all out of disarray and cause a big commotion when we should be focusing more on preparing for the Day of Black Sun. Not on two individuals who haven't done anything wrong while staying within these walls." Sadem sighs, glancing back towards the tea shop. 'The Jasmine Dragon'.

"Sadem, run after her. Explain things to her if you won't allow me to-"

"No, I'm not leaving your side. I'm your personal guard, sworn to be at your side at all times."

"I can take care of myself, and besides I am safer with them than I am standing out here in the open. Just go before it's too late, when Katara puts her mind to something, she always achieves it in a quick manner." Himoko insists, urging him to walk away. "Is this an order?"

"No, this is a push in the right direction. Now go! I will be here until you return." Sadem is conflicted for a moment more, frowning as a pit settles itself at the bottom of his stomach, alarms blaring in his mind. 'Don't leave her.' His subconscious states.

"Princess, are you sure?" Himoko nods confidently.

"I am." He peers around Himoko, staring into the tea shop; catching a glimpse of Zuko catering to customers, content, no ill will radiating off of him. He focuses back on Himoko, the teenager smiling gently at him. She mouths to him, 'I will be okay'. And all he could do was nod, lifting his hand to brush fallen bangs out of her eyes. Promising to himself that he will be back by her side soon, ignoring how his subconscious screamed at him to not go, to not run after the waterbender.

He retracts his hand before taking off into a sprint, brows arching down, determined to reach Katara before she steps foot inside of the palace.

Katara's hand clutches the scroll with the King's signature on it, heart pounding in her ears as she runs down the halls of the palace, doing her best to not get lost at the moment, time was of the essence. He had to know right away that there was a threat within his city. Prince Zuko and the Ex-Fire Nation General, Iroh. Both royalty and incredibly dangerous. She didn't know why they were here, but based on past experience- It wasn't for anything good.

She spends more time running through the halls, mistaking openings for others, the throne room should be in the dead center of the structured palace, yet she just couldn't seem to find it as easily as before. It was like- something was keeping her from finding it. An invisible force. She shakes her head, no, it is just because she is frantic and not thinking clearly.

"Katara!" She hears the shout of her name, the girl turning to see Sadem running up to her, long strides and experienced training to sprint after others coming in handy in this chase. Her brows furrow, a springing question in her head. Why did Himoko and Sadem not seem surprised about Zuko and Iroh's sudden appearance? Of all people, they should have been following after her to warn the King... Instead, they actively tried to keep her from running to the palace, or even seeing them.

"Sadem-?" She lets out a squeak in surprise when suddenly Sadem's face was right in front of hers, gripping her shoulders.

"Don't tell the King, Katara."

"What? Why? There are threats within these walls that we can get rid of, I-I can't just let them be-" Katara began to argue, shrugging Sadem's hands off of her. "Yes, you can. Himoko and I were already aware of them being in the city, it is being handled." She scoffs, eyes-rolling. "Being handled? They are in the First Ring, closest to the palace! They are a threat to the city!"

"Okay granted we didn't know that they moved to the First Ring but-" She opened her mouth to comment, Sadem silencing with his next words. "-Princess Himoko has it handled. She came to an agreement with them, you know who she is. She would never purposefully put her home in danger."

"I can't trust that, Sadem! You have no idea what it was like being chased by Prince Zuko, how many times there were close calls where he almost succeeded and all was almost lost. Aang was in constant danger because of his imminent shadow following our every move. No, the King needs to know, and he needs to know now. Whatever Himoko is doing to 'keep her home safe' isn't enough." Katara turns on her heel and breaks into a sprint again, Sadem groaning; frustrated.

"Damn it..." He pushes himself to chase after her.

After many failed attempts to locate the throne room- Katara stumbles upon the grand door, pushing it open and running in, eyes looking for the Earth King. Running up to the throne, she spots the 'Kyoshi Warriors' kneeling close by, waiting for the King she presumed. 'I can trust Suki.' She thinks to herself.

"Thank goodness you are here, Suki. Something terrible is going on. The Fire Nation has infiltrated the city. I just saw Prince Zuko and his Uncle!" Katara informs 'Suki' as Sadem runs into the room, the guard freezing at the odd feeling in the air. Menacing. Venom. "We have to tell the Earth King right away!" He runs to Katara's side, chills running down his spine as he grabs her arm. "Katara..."

'Suki' rises to her feet, head hanging down low before uttering out, "Oh, don't worry. I'll be sure to let him know." She raises her head, and panic fills Katara's body at the sight of Azula. Momo leaps off of her shoulder with a frightened squeak, getting away as fast as he can. Sadem pulls Katara away from an incoming Ty Lee, who flips towards them in a series of flurried moves. Katara and Sadem go back to back, prepared to fight. Katara bends water out of her pouch and Sadem holds his hands in front of him, grounding himself. Ty Lee makes another advance, flipping over them before kicking in between, trying to separate the two. Katara whips water out at her leg, while Sadem erects a wall in front of him at the mere shiny sight of a sai dagger, the blades stabbing into the earth.

"Who are they?" He asks Katara, the girl not being able to answer as she is forced to move away from him, dodging as best as she can from Ty Lee's 'attacks'.

Azula watches in amusement, arms crossing. She doesn't make any advance to join in on the playing, finding it amusing watching the two fight her friends. Sadem slides his foot behind him, launching himself up into the air, and pulls out his own surveyor chains, whipping them down to Mai, wrapping them successfully around the girl. Azula frowns, 'He is quick...' She glances at Ty Lee, sharing a small look with her. The acrobat nods, advancing in quick cartwheels and front handsprings, flipping over Katara. But instead of landing and coming back to attack, she strikes at Katara's shoulder, hitting her in the connection chi points, blocking them. Her stream of water falters, dropping to the ground with a small splash. She follows, falling to her knees then her side.

"Katara!" Sadem yells, Mai still entrapped within the chains. The girl spins around, twisting the chains to get enough momentum to spin the other way and pull Sadem down to the ground, the guard distracted by the sight of Katara's paralyzed body being shadowed over by Azula, a triumphant smirk on her face. The last memory Sadem has before losing consciousness- Is the sight of a boot coming into impact with his skull. Katara frowns, eyes watering at the sight of Himoko's friend laying there, not moving.

-

"I'm sorry, but I can't let go of Katara," Aang states, his eyes saddened at the thought. To gain the ability to enter the Avatar State at will... He would have to let someone he cares for...go? All attachments to her? Would it even be worth it to let go of someone you love?

"Aang, to master the Avatar State, you must open all the chakras. Surrender yourself." Guru Pathik explains calmly, seeing the conflict on the young boy's face. "Okay...I'll try." Aang closes his eyes, focusing deeply as things zero in, entering the mind of the Avatar.

"Now, think of your attachments and let them go." Mountains can be seen beneath a sweet starry sky, colored blue and purple, whites lighting up his way to the image of Katara, swirling back towards the horizon before vanishing from sight, diminished by the white lights. The 'heavens' swirl in deep arrays of twinkling lights, stars blurring streaks passing through the mountain ways. They stop whirling, leaving only a blank sky. "Let the pure cosmic energy flow."

Up into the sky- aurora's of light flows, Aang floating into space about the planet they live upon. The aurora solidifies into radiance, forming a bridge beneath his bare feet. He turns around from overlooking the world, seeing a new one come into view. A planet, a star, a figure high in the sky of himself; hands formed as if he was holding a ball. The dark and yet bright figure had its arrows glowing bright, reflecting how he himself would look to others while in the Avatar State. Was this it? The final step to achieving total control?

Aang walks down the starlit path, shimmering radiance vibrating under him. He cautiously peers over the edge, a long way down he would fall if he were to decline this.

The closer he gets to the figure, the more his own tattoos shine. The figure descends slowly down, a sphere of light shimmering between its fingers appearing. Close...So close to achieving what he has been working towards. Katara would understand, wouldn't she? She has always been supportive of him. Letting her go, in order to gain this power to protect the world. Equivalent exchange, an idea bittersweet.

He reaches out to the figure, prepared to gain access, to feel all attachment to her wither away within his heart and mind- When a distressed scream interrupts him. Distracting him from the goal, his eyes glow...Vision appearing in his mind of Katara in chains, straining herself to get away, to be released from captivity. "Let me go!" She yelled out. No, he couldn't leave her. Not now, not ever. He quickly turns and runs away from the figure, the light leaving it before disappearing completely like the bright tattoos on Aang's skin. The bridge follows suit behind him, soon there was nothing left to stand upon. He plummets out of the sky, a scream ripping out of his throat.

His eyes open wide, jumping out of his state of weariness. "Katara is in danger! I have to go." He informs the Guru, breathing heavily in concern. He turns and races away, sliding down the roof of the tower. "No Aang! By choosing attachment, you have locked the chakra!" Pathik calls after him, a warning. "If you leave now you won't be able to go into the Avatar State at all!" Aang pauses for a moment, mulling over the information. He shakes his head, 'No, Katara is in danger. She is more important.' He thinks before continuing his descent down to Appa.

-

The wagon rolls down the path, the imprisoned Toph Beifong within. A loud clang rings out from the metal box she was thrown in earlier that day, encased inside material said to never be able to be bent by anyone. Xin Fu stops the wagon, drawing his weapon put from its sheath. Master Yu follows after Xin Fu, hopping off of their place at the head of the wagon, making their way to the rear.

Quizzical looks of confusion at the sight of the back of the metal box were ripped open. The torn edges resemble what it looked like if a wild and strong animal were to tear it apart. But nothing of that nature lied inside of it. It was a 'weak blind little girl' not capable of doing such a thing...to their ignorant knowledge.

"It's another one of her tricks!" States Master Yu, flabbergasted and high on alert. "There's a giant hole in the box. How's that a trick?" Xin Fu replies.

"It's not! It's the real deal!" Stated a strong-willed voice from behind. The two men turn, seeing the young earthbender standing in the middle of the road, a triumph grin on her face. Swiftly; she earth bends two slabs of earth, encasing them like a sandwich. Then propels them both into the prison she once was in. Toph leaps towards them, grabs the edges of the bent metal, fusing them together again while the two benders trapped inside watch in horror and confusion. 'Metal?' They think before the last crack in the metal was pushed together. Toph jumps on top of the box, raising her arms high to the sky in victory.

"I am the greatest earthbender in the world! Don't you two dunderheads ever forget it!" Toph stomps on the metal box angrily before jumping down to the road. The ground beneath her plunges downward in a wide circle raising her up to the top of the wave. She runs forward, riding the surge of rocks back to Ba Sing Se...

Azula is escorted by two Dai Li Agents, holding her arms tightly. The Princess held a present smirk as they walked to the cell, holding the esteemed ex-Advisor to the Earth King- Long Feng. She feigned outrage once they stood before his metal bars, 'struggling' against the agents who restrained her.

"What is this about? Your agents show up drag me down here? You will not treat a Kyoshi Warrior this way!" She states loudly, her skills of acting coming in handy. Long Feng smiles deviously, a sinister voice echoing off of the walls.

"But you are not a Kyoshi Warrior, are you?" He rises from his seat on the bench, "Princess Azula of the Fire Nation!" He tells Azula her title, the two villain's gears turning in their heads, implementing plans to be set out. Azula stops her weak attempts to fight against the agents.

"What do you want?"

"I want to make a deal. It's time that I regain control of Ba Sing Se. And you have something I need." A brow raises, curious to what she had that he wanted. "Oh?"

"The Earth King's trust." Azula furrows her brows, "Why should I help you?"

"Because I can get you the Avatar." Azula pauses, thinking to herself for a moment. 'Now, that is intriguing.'

"I'm listening." Azula and Long Feng smile wickedly

---

Himoko paces back and forth, waiting for Iroh and Zuko to finish cleaning up for the evening. The princess feels anxiety biting at the back of her mind, her throat scratchy as she refuses a drink of tea from Iroh, the old man's eyebrows furrowing with worry. "You haven't drunk anything since your arrival, it isn't good for the soul to be without a good hot cup of tea." Iroh insists, Himoko mildly glancing at him before looking back to the entrance of the tea shop.

"Sadem has been gone for the whole day, he would have reported right back to me as he promised the second everything was okay," Himoko states, Zuko carries a tray of dirty cups and places them on the counter next to her. "He is a Dai Li agent, right? I'm sure he can take care of himself." Replied Zuko, not sensing just how worried the teenager was.

"You mentioned earlier that the government in Ba Sing Se was corrupt before today. Perhaps something happened in regards to that?" Himoko shakes her head, "It would be impossible. The Dai Li was corrupt because of Long Feng, but surely the corrupt members wouldn't have made their move so quickly after their leader was thrown behind bars. They are meticulous and conniving, they would have waited a few days at least. And besides, there is no leverage by taking Sadem. He isn't a part of the Agents anymore."

"But he is your guard." Iroh rests his hand on Himoko's shoulder, gently squeezing it. Zuko watches Himoko stare at her wrist, where a bracelet she wore was. For as long as he has known her- He has never seen her take it off, was it a sentimental keepsake?

This ignites warning bells in his head, "Don't go back to the palace tonight." Himoko blinks in confusion.

"What? Why? I have to go back sometime before my cousin worries and sends out a search party for me-!"

"I agree with my nephew. Don't go back to the palace tonight, because if Sadem. As loyal you tell us that he is- hasn't been back to retrieve you. Then something happened between here and the palace, or even within." Himoko opens her mouth to argue before a man enters the building, Himoko blinking as she recognizes him as someone from the palace based on his clothes alone. 'There is no way they would have just sent one person to look for me.' She thinks. Zuko thinks the same, stepping in front of her to hide the princess from view. Iroh walks up to the man, the messenger handing the scroll to him.

"A message from the royal palace." He opens it as Himoko peers over Zuko's shoulder, watching the messenger leave just as quickly as he appeared. Once he was out of view, Zuko and she walked forward to Iroh. "I...I can't believe it."

"What's wrong?" Princess Himoko asks, worried based on the tone he was using. Iroh doesn't reply, staring at the words on the paper in shock.

"What is it, Uncle?" Zuko asks him, Uncle Iroh taking a small deep breath in before stating with elation- "Great news! We've been invited to serve tea to the Earth King!" His happiness is short-lived as he sees Himoko standing in front of him.

"Invited to serve tea to the Earth King..." He hands the letter over to Himoko. She takes it and Zuko reads along with her what was said.

"We welcome you to serve your wonderous tea to the Earth King, Kuei. Tomorrow at 11 am sharp, you are invited. Your ruler, Earth King Kuei." Her brows furrow, staring intensely at the signature.

-

Kuei signs off another document, wiping the sweat that was beginning to drip off of his brow. Feeling fatigue rush through him. Princess Himoko lies in wait to be handed another document to add to the pile, helping her cousin with the neglected paperwork that has built up since Long Feng's imprisonment.

"How many more do we need to do?"

"Half a stack, and then you will be done and have to attend another dinner with the generals," Himoko states, shaking her head as she lets out a small laugh. "This is telling me that you need a new advisor, and desperately."

"But who can I trust at this point?" King Kuei states, signing his name again and having it to Himoko. Himoko stares at his signature, thinking of her answer.

She looks back up at Kuei, making eye contact with his confused gaze. "Yourself."

-

"This isn't his signature." Himoko states, "This is most likely a trap."

"We will trust your judgment, you know him best," Iroh states, smiling sadly. 'Not a real invitation from the King.'

"Then who sent it?" Zuko asks, gesturing for Himoko to hand the scroll over to him.

"Someone who knows how to mimic his signature very well, at the top of my head that would be Long Feng. He would sign off these as the King for years. Only in recent days has Kuei been handling the paperwork, I have been helping him organize what needs to be signed right away or what not to sign." Himoko informs them with the explanation of how she recognizes the signature in this letter to not be the King's.

"Then we aren't going tomorrow." Zuko looks to his Uncle, who nods before he stops, thinking for a moment.

"Does this mean that Sadem didn't reach Katara in time?"

"No, this is something entirely else. If Sadem didn't reach her in time, they wouldn't be this underhanded with dealing with you two. They would know who you are and send guards or agents to your door, not a non-bender messenger. And then formally invite you to the palace to serve tea to the King?" Himoko states, the princess sighing heavily.

"What happens if we were to decline?" Himoko shrugs, "I have no clue, there is nothing on the letter that says anything about declining an invitation from 'The King'."

"Alright you two, that is enough for tonight. Let's finish closing up shop, we will figure this out in the morning. Princess, you can stay here with us, we live on the top floor." Himoko nods as Zuko leaves to close the doors to the shop, locking them. "No more unexpected visitors, for tonight." He mumbles under his breath.

Iroh gestures to the back of the kitchen, where a door was. "This leads up to the living area, I can finish cleaning things down here. Nephew, help her settle in." He rolls his eyes but nods, walking back to the kitchen and opening the door for Himoko, the staircase leading up being shown off. Himoko bows her head at Iroh. "Thank you."

"It is no problem at all, this is the least we can do after you kept our secret for us, allowing us to live a new life." Himoko smiles softly at him.

She walks up the stairs with Zuko following after her, the short-tempered prince quiet. Seeming to be mulling over his next words. He knows that he has been doing better since his ailment, but just how better? He doesn't feel that rush of anger anymore at the sight of Himoko, before whenever he would see anyone remotely connected to the Avatar, his vision would be painted in red. One thought repeated in his mind, 'Capture the Avatar, Restore your Honor.'.

He wanted this to work out, not for him. But for his Uncle, he deserved peace after being dragged across the world for years and years. It felt like an eternity ago since he was banished.

He wondered how Himoko felt, her home was seized by his own people, now to live in Ba Sing Se till the day word comes. Whatever word that is, is up to fate to decide. He didn't know which one she would prefer.

They are both royalty from two different worlds, he was hated and garnered as a traitor by his people. While she was the hope for hers, loved dearly. He was of royal blood, and she was adopted into it, from a culture supposed to be long dead in the ground.

They enter the living area, Himoko seeing the main living, comprised of a table, a mantle, rugs, and a few pieces of furniture. Not surprising, as Iroh told her off-script that they only moved in a day or so ago.

There were three extensions of rooms on either side of the entrance, one for Iroh's room, and the other was Zuko's she presumed. He showed her where the bath was, next to Iroh's room and he pointed down the stairs, saying the restroom is in the hallway connected to the stairs. A weird layout for living, she thinks to herself.

Although she can't say much since she has lived in palaces for pretty much her whole life.

"I'm going back down to help my uncle, call if you need anything," Zuko states, turning around to head back down when he hears his name.

"Wait, Ponytail." He blinks, the familiarity with the nickname. He looks over his shoulder, watching the heir stare back at him.

"Thank you for your hospitality." She smiles at him kindly.

Zuko feels warmth flood him, his mind flashing back to the peculiar dreams he had when he was sick. Bells chime in his ears, and for a moment he could have sworn he saw a bright blue within the air bender's eyes.

He shakes his head, bringing himself back to reality. "...You're welcome." He nods his head at her before taking his leave down the stairs.

-

"The Earth King and The Council of Five do not trust the Dai Li. They imprisoned your leader, Long Feng." Azula speaks with strength and authority in her voice to the gathered corrupted members of the Dai Li. "Soon they will turn on all of you, and eliminate you. Seizing power today is a matter of life and death." The threat hanging over their heads, anxious eyes belonging to a few members of the Dai Li glance at one another in their peripherals. Azula embarks down from the pedestal she stood upon with her trusted allies, holding her hands behind her back.

"The coup must be swift and decisive. The Earth King, and each of the five generals, must be taken out simultaneously. Long Feng has placed you in my command while we overthrow the government." She walks toward an agent with a scar on his cheek, stopping in front of him. The agent held eye contact with her, not backing down.

"If I sense any disloyalty, any hesitation, any weakness at all, I will snuff it out. That is all." She dismisses them. She waits until the Dai Li agents retreat to do their tasks before heading back up the steps, Ty Lee standing in wait to pour her a cup of tea.

"Nice speech Azula. It was pretty and poetic, but also scary in a good way." Ty Lee compliments her.

"Yeah, I thought you were gonna make that one guy pee his pants," Mai added.

"There are still a few loose ends. The Avatar, and my brother and Uncle..." She trails off in thought before Ty Lee pipes up.

"Also Princess Himoko! The Firelord wants her dealt with too, right?"

"Not exactly, 'dealt with' like the three prior, more so...captured." She smirks, "Hope the Princess is packed for warm weather.".

-

Himoko lays on the sofa, pulling the blanket up to her chin, and stares at the ceiling, faintly hearing the clambering of Uncle Iroh and Prince Zuko in their rooms as they got ready to sleep for the night. She has been laying here for the past half hour, unable to rest. Anxiety filled her brain on Sadem's whereabouts, on Katara's whereabouts. Were they safe? Were they together or alone? Many thoughts and ideas ran through her mind on what could have happened, leaving her restless and searching for answers in a place it couldn't be given to her.

She lays there for minutes more, the moonlight passing through the window overhead of where she slept. The sight of the rays calmed her, reminding her of home when she would sit out on the training ground and watch the moon rise and the sun disappear. Peaceful after a long day of working on her abilities to defend herself and learn as much about her people's culture as she could.

Even then, she still doesn't know much about the past Air Nomads, the Fire Nation didn't just rid of an entire nation, they destroyed her entire culture. The only living connection she has to what it was like back then was Aang- but, he couldn't spend all his time teaching about their people. He had more important responsibilities.

Himoko turns to lay on her side, staring out at the empty room and hallway, lights off and relatively silent besides the soft snores coming from Iroh's room. Her brows furrow as she attempts to close her eyes and fall asleep, even just for ten minutes would progress to a good night's rest. The imminent threat of tomorrow looming over her head. She sunk into the sofa's cushions, curling with her knees against her chest until she was in a ball of fatigued limbs.

Her body was tired, but her mind was wide awake with thoughts.

She mumbles under her breath, "Please be okay..." She wishes into the universe, airing out her worries before sitting up. She wasn't going to fall asleep any time soon.

The princess stands up from the sofa, bare feet hitting the cold flooring sending a shiver down her spine from the chill. The floorboards softly creak underneath her weight as she begins to pace around in circles, willing to tire herself enough to just pass out.

"Sadem is okay... Katara is okay... They are both very strong and can handle themselves... Everything is going to be fine..." She wills to herself, taking a few deep breaths. 'In through your nose, exhale slowly out of your mouth...' Himoko closes her eyes, relaxing her stiff shoulders.

Deeper and deeper she thinks before she halts in her steps, ears beginning to ring. The city is as quiet as the dead in a graveyard, not a crack of someone awake, animals in slumber and rivers flowing below. Her eyes open as she turns to stare at the moon again, "What can I do... La?" Her frown deepens before she releases a soft chuckle. "Not even talking to La, what am I doing... He isn't there." Her head shakes, black hair whipping in her face before hanging over her eyes as she looks down at her feet.

Talking to someone who isn't even there, present to give advice. She could call out to Yang-Chen, to La, to King Shoi-Ming. But; none could answer her question. To predict or see the future.

Will they be alright? The fate of her friends, of her home and kingdom.

Who was responsible for this anxiety and fear? The one sitting at the head of the table at the 'family' dinner guiding the shop to their demise.

A creak in the floorboards not by her own weight sends her spinning, whipping around, and blowing a gust of air to the perpetrator, knocking them flush against the wall. "Woah Woah hey!" She blinks, seeing now that it was just Zuko. She sighs in relief, ironically. 'Breathing in relief at the sight of the Fire Nation Prince, what has this world come to.'

She retracts her hand back down to her side, bowing her head. "Sorry, I was lost in my own thoughts." Zuko wipes his arms, chucking to himself. "I can see that...You look really pale." He suddenly made the observation, his singular brow quirking up as he takes steps towards her. Himoko flinches at the feeling of the back of his hand on her forehead, unintentionally pushing her bangs out of her eyes. "You don't feel warm."

"I have been off all day, don't mind me." She states out loud, recalling back to her unstable center of gravity before coming to the tea shop. 'Damn it... We never talked to him about the missing persons...' She thinks, grabbing a tuff of her hair.

"I'm an idiot..." He grabs her hand, gently pulling her fingers out the folds of her hair. "That much is true, but don't dwell on it." Her brows furrow, hearing his heartbeat quicken before returning back to normal.

"What changed?" She asks, looking back up at him.

"What do you mean?"

"What changed since the last time I saw you? You seem...different." 'Another mystery for me to solve.'

Zuko purses his lips together before answering as best as he could. "I'm trying, to be a better person. To be someone new, some things helped me realize that what I was doing wasn't getting me anywhere. I kept spiraling and spiraling more and more into anger and anguish. I couldn't let go-"

"-Of your honor?" He nods solemnly, "Yeah...that..."

"If it helps any, Zuko." The banished prince holds eye contact with her, "You have already regained it, by just trying to be a better person. Honor isn't something physical that can be given to you, honor is something that you yourself gain when you are ready to be perceived as the better person." She shrugs, squeezing his hand with reassurance.

"That's what my Pappi tells me anyway."

"He sounds like a smart man." She nods in agreement, smiling sadly. 'I miss him.', "He sure is." A tear slides down her cheek. How could have Zuko been that way before, forgetting that they were all human with emotions? He never thought about how the Avatar or his friends felt while he was chasing after them, only focusing on himself. Watching the salty tear glint in the light of the moon helped him further learn about what it means to be honorable, to be a good person.

If you told him a week ago, or even a year ago him that he would throw his arms around the Princess of Omashu and bring her into a hug, he would have laughed in your face.

Himoko accepts the hug, burying her face into his shoulder and allowing tears to fall.

Uncle Iroh smiles in his sleep, in his dreamscape he lives in a world where everyone was together and happy, with no rivalries or torment of war in the fray. If only the moon from this night never left, and that sun never rose high in the sky signaling the dawn of a new day.

---

The sun rises as the son of fire wakes, golden eyes opening before a yawn rips out of his throat. He turns onto his side, grumbling under his breath in annoyance at the thought of getting up. He didn't get much sleep last night, having spent most of his night talking with Himoko until she fell asleep on the sofa. It was a comforting night, one he won't ever forget in his lifetime. But man was he slightly regretting allowing himself to stay up for so long.

He reluctantly pulls himself out of bed and gets dressed in his uniform because pausing, should he get dressed in it? Or were they going to go to the palace? They had to decide before 11 am.

Zuko shrugs, putting the rest of his uniform on, 'Guess I will find out soon.' He thinks before opening the door to his room and walking out, sniffing the air to the smell of breakfast. He furrows his brows, 'Wait...' His eyes widen before he rushes down the stairs and into the kitchen. His Uncle may have been a master tea maker, but when it came to the actual food, he was one of the worst at it.

He accidentally slides on the floor once he hops down from the last stair, the sight of a girl standing before a boiling pot helps ease his beating heart. Breathing out a sigh of relief.

"...Morning?" She is confused by his distress, the prince clearing his throat. "Sorry, thought it was Uncle who was cooking."

"He left to go and buy some things from the markets, he should be back soon." She taps the ladle on the surface of the pot before placing it down on the counter, "Thank you." He tilts his head, confused.

"For what?"

"For last night, staying up with me. And for letting me cry on your nightshirt." She laughs nervously, smiling at him. There it was again, the warmth.

"It wasn't a big deal no need to thank-"

"It was a big deal for me. Helped me place things in order in my head." Himoko states genuinely to him as the doors to the tea shop open, Uncle Iroh walking through with a basket of ingredients. "I'm back!" He calls.

"Uncle? What did you need from the markets?"

"Just a few things, since Her Highness and I have come to a decision." Himoko is handed the basket of ingredients, Iroh placing his hand on Zuko's arm. "We are going to the palace." His eyes widen in shock.

"What? Why-"

"It is most likely a trap, but they don't know that we know that it is one. It was quiet last night, I couldn't hear anything in the city. Not a faint whisper or the scuttling of rats in the sewers." Himoko remarks.

"Ba Sing Se is never quiet, it's a warning of what is to come. But, as long as we stay together; Everything will be alright." Iroh informs him.

"Okay so, we are willing to walk into a trap?" The sound bender nods, "Not exactly, 'willing to walk into a trap'. Since we already know that it most likely is. It's more so- Going to the palace and seeing what is going on. Neither Sadem nor Katara have returned here. It's been a day since we last saw either of them, they have to be in the palace somewhere unable to leave."

"Rescue mission?"

"If it comes to that, yes." Iroh clears his throat, "I know that I promised a new life for us, with no conflicts or anything tying us back to who we once were. But..." He trails off, Zuko seeing the look in his eyes. 'We can't turn a blind eye to those in need of help.' The prince thinks before Himoko grabs bowls out of the cupboard, pouring the concoction she made into them.

Hours past before the first sign of the fateful day comes in the form of a carriage being drawn by an ostrich horse. The three glance at one another before eyes set on Himoko, who nods to confirm that it was a carriage from the palace. The man on the animal doesn't speak or even gives them a glance, staring directly ahead.

They enter the carriage and take their seats, Iroh placing his bag next to him while Himoko fidgets with her bracelet, honing in on the sounds of the streets. Pinpointing where they were based on that.

They were being taken to the palace, so that much was true. Her knee bounces up and down, waiting to hear any red flags. Zuko leans forward to whisper to his Uncle, in case the chauffeur had a wicked hearing. "Uncle, you ready?" Iroh nods, "The most important question, is are you ready, dear nephew?" Zuko couldn't reply with an answer.

The carriage comes to a halt, the family pair waiting for Himoko.

"We are at the palace, I hear the sliding of metal." She speaks, and they exit as a triple.

"Many times, I imagined myself here, at the threshold of the palace. But I always thought I would be here as a conqueror...instead, we are the 'Earth Kings' personal guests, here to serve him tea. Destiny is a funny thing." He states, keeping up appearance for anyone nearby who may hear.

"More ironic since I am here." Himoko pipes up, earning a genuine chuckle from Zuko. "It sure is." As they were about to enter the main palace area and gain entry- A Joo Dee appears seemingly out of thin air, scaring Himoko as she didn't even hear her coming. "I shall escort you to the Earth King, Tea Makers." Iroh nods, looking back at the teenagers before they followed after her as a group. 'This Joo Dee didn't even spare me a glance...' Himoko thinks.

She leads them to a decorated house on the palace grounds, shrubbery surrounding it. Himoko recognizes it as one of the guesthouses that have been laid empty for years, designed for people high in power to stay at when visiting Ba Sing Se. But, Ba Sing Se rarely got those types of visits now. Since the walls were erected.

'Serving tea to the Earth King in a guest house... Totally not suspicious at all.' She sarcastically things since she couldn't say it out loud.

Joo Dee leads them in, bowing and then making her departure. Unusual, Joo Dees that Himoko has seen before made it this mission to stay with the people they were ordered to look after, not leave immediately once at their destination.

Himoko walks around the room while Iroh and Zuko take their seats at the table, opening the bag and pulling out what they needed for the 'tea with the king'. Kuei wouldn't ever personally invite someone to the palace and then send for someone to direct them to a guest house...It seems like they didn't know their cousin at all.

She is high on alert, listening for anything coming their way. So far, it has been quiet. But Himoko knows that just because it 'seems quiet' doesn't mean that it actually was. She learned it from working with Sadem as her guard, who was trained to be an expert at stealth. The epitome of being as quiet as a dust mite.

"Siren, take a seat," Iroh speaks her commoner name instead of royal, the girl shaking her head as she gestures to the door behind them and then to the slide on their right. It takes a moment for Iroh to understand, the old ex-general expanding his own awareness as he pours another cup of tea.

"What's taking so long?" Zuko questions.

"Maybe the Earth King overslept." Himoko stiffens, 'Silent as mice.' Her head turns, hand resting on her staff. The slide to the right, opening and closes as Dai Li Agents walk in. Himoko takes a step forward, standing directly behind the two firebenders while the agents circle around them, formation. "Something's not right," Zuko mutters under his breath. Himoko feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand tall when a new figure enters the room, a girl younger than her, but the familiarity of her voice is striking. "It's tea time!" 'Suki' states in a mocking tone.

"Azula!" Zuko shouts as he rises to his feet, blocking Himoko's view of the girl. 'Azula...?' She doesn't know who she is at first.

"Have you met the Dai Li? They're Earthbenders, but they have a killer instinct that is so Firebender, I just love it!" '...Never mind I remember now.' Himoko whips her airbending staff off of her back, 'Crowned Princess Azula of the Fire Nation.' the painting of a little girl flashed in her mind. Iroh grabs the cup he just poured and stands up beside them.

"Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname the 'Dragon of the West'?" He asks his niece, the steam from his tea rising high in the air. Azula examines her nails, speaking boredly. "I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, Uncle." He smirks.

"It's more of a demonstration really." Iroh takes a sip of his hot tea, unbothered by the blistering contents of heat. Zuko glances at his Uncle, a small nod, and then grabs Himoko, forcing them both to duck as Iroh exhibits controlled firebending, releasing fire from the pits of his stomach. Like a dragon.

The agents shield themselves with their gloved hands and hats. The fire blinds their vision and the smoke clouds their judgment as the triple make their escape. Zuko bursts through a wall with a strong blast of fire, urging Himoko to run ahead of him. Two Dai Li agents follow after them through the hole in the wall, firing small rock finger pieces at them. They barely miss Zuko and Iroh, embedding themselves into the wall.

Himoko leads them to a different part of the house, hoping to lose the agents on their tail with her maneuvers. Unluckily for them, this layout of a house on the second floor didn't have any windows to burst out of. So they had to get creative and cause property damage.

Her feet slide against the flooring, pointing to the wall. "This leads out to the garden, can one of you-" Iroh doesn't give the princess a chance to finish, breaking down the wall with a mixture of fire and lightning. He jumps out, landing on one of the shrubberies.

Iroh stands up and dusts himself off, beckoning for the two teenagers to follow after him. Himoko glances behind them, hearing the Dai Li agents steadily approaching. Seemingly they lost track of them, giving them a chance to escape with no more incidents.

"Come on. You will be fine!" Iroh states. Zuko glances at Himoko, then back to where they came from. His mind-shifting, recalling back to one of the conversations he had with the princess last night. 'I can't let this continue.' He thinks before shouting down to Iroh. "No. I'm tired of running. It's time I faced Azula!" Himoko's eyes widen, gripping his sleeve before he could take off running.

"No! We have a clean getaway, Zuko. We have to go while we still have the chance." Himoko tries to reason with him, eyes wide with fear for his safety. Zuko shakes his head, ripping his arm out of her grip.

"Then the cycle repeats, I have to break the cycle." Eye contact, golden eyes, and hazel eyes. She sees the confidence in him, and he sees the worry in her. Himoko hears the agents on the right path to their location, and she closes her eyes. No choice but to let him go and do what he needs to.

Zuko utters a small, 'thank you', before breaking out into a sprint down the hallway. Himoko taps her staff on the ground, opening her glider. She jumps down and lands more gracefully than Iroh.

The pair, losing their triple. And down the garden of the palace, they went.

An Air Nomad Descendant and an Ex-Fire Nation General fight in the garden belonging to the Earth King sounds like a good lead-up to a joke, a great joke even. Until you see the flames and the hands made of rock, in the mix waves of sounds and air flinging about. Not a good joke at all when you are in the very front row seats of the show.

Himoko hasn't fought others in a while, feeling herself getting out of breath while Iroh seems to thrive off of the danger and battle, concentrating on protecting them while also making advances to leave.

Himoko could easily fly them out of there, make an escape. If only Iroh wasn't twice the size of her, and if only she had been born with superhuman strength. She has carried Sadem before, and Katara and Sokka (separate situations) but it was a whole new game when it came to the old man fighting alongside her.

They had to make their escape on foot, Himoko aiding them with knowing the layout of the palace after many hours of walking within these walls when she was bored and looking for entertainment.

She distinguishes a fireball when she hears the whisper of a voice in her mind, glancing down to the earth, watching it begin to ripple. Iroh glances at Himoko in his peripheral, a green aura making its presence known around the heir before a wave of the earth is sent towards oncoming agents, planting them against the cement wall.

'King Shoi-Ming...' She thinks while Iroh is left confused, unable to dwell on the oddity further as Himoko grabs his hand and pulls him along with her, running past agents who failed to get even within five feet of them; being sent back by more waves of earth. The Earth Spirit was paving a path for them to escape swiftly.

When they reach the outskirts of the palace walls, Himoko falters, feeling her head become heavy and lose her balance. Iroh catches her before her knees buckle under her. "You alright?"

"...Yeah, I'm fine." She insists, seeing blurry shapes. "Here, climb on my back." She doesn't argue against it, letting Iroh carry her and continue their escape out of the palace, running far away from what became Himoko's second home.

-

"Katara's fine." King Kuei states, sitting inside of his throne room. Blissfully unaware of what has just transpired on his grounds. "You have nothing to worry about." He repeatedly reassured him.

"But, in my vision. I felt so sure that she was in trouble." Aang was adamant about what he saw, his visions in the past have never once failed him.

"Well, she met with the Council of Generals to plan the invasion. And since then she's been off with your friends, the Kyoshi Warriors." King Kuei tells him what he knows, remembering the day prior he sent her back to give the generals the scroll he signed. And then was informed by one of the guards that she was with the Kyoshi Warriors.

"See Aang? She's with Suki. They're probably back at our apartment right now, talking about makeup or something." Sokka rests his hand on Aang's shoulder, his full trust in Suki.

"Ok, maybe you're right..." Aang trails off, his gut feeling not leaving.

"Believe me, if there was any danger at all, Bosco's animal instinct would sense it." Bosco the platypus bear raises his head, blinking his big round eyes. Ignorant to any danger.

"Is Princess Himoko here? Maybe Katara is with her." Toph asks and King Kuei nervously laughs. Now, that was a missing person in his eyes.

"She and her guard left to speak with the current Head of the Dai Li, Saber today." Toph blinks, sensing the lie. A half-truth.

"Alright, let's head back to our place. Thank you for your help, Your Majesty." Sokka bows his head and Kuei nods, "Of course, always here if you have questions. I will have one of my messengers send word to the Kyoshi Warriors that you are back and looking for Katara."

"Thanks! That will be helpful." Sokka replies then turns around and leave the throne room, the two benders following after him.

-

Katara is pacing around the cave of crystals, jennamite. Something she was familiar with from her stay in Omashu. But these crystals seemed more...alive. Was the best word she could find to describe them.

A rumble in the earth breaks her out of her thoughts, sorting out plans in her mind on how to escape, rock slides to the side like a door, a Dai Li Agent poking his head through. "You've got company." A new body is thrown into the crystal prison with her. Katara is worried for a moment, seeing the earth kingdom clothing they wore until his body stops rolling, coming face to face with Prince Zuko.

"Zuko?!" Surprised to see his face, the door of rock closes; leaving them alone in the cave.

"What on earth are you doing here?"

"Got captured, how else do you think?" Her brows furrow in anger, "Where is your uncle?"

"Safe, he got away with Himoko."

"Himoko?" She remembers Sadem, eyes widening in fear. "Oh no, where is Sadem. He wasn't thrown down here with me."

"Sadem? You mean Himoko's guard?" Any anger or resentment Katara felt dissipates, worry taking over. "Was he with you when you were taken?"

"Yes! He was chasing after me to stop telling the Earth King about you being in Ba Sing Se, and then I found the Kyoshi Warriors instead but they turned out to not be the actual Kyoshi Warriors and we were captured and-"

"Woah hey hey, breathe." Zuko stops her from hyperventilating, coaxing her to calm down. "He is a Dai Li Agent, or was, he can take care of himself where he is. Everything is fine. Let's worry about ourselves right now, okay? Not someone who we don't even know where they are." Zuko reasons with her, and Katara takes his advice. 'In and out...' She thinks, regulating her breathing. 'He is right, Sadem is okay.'.

-

The group enters the house they were staying in, the place empty and off-putting. "There's no one else here." States Toph, not seeing anyone present with her feet beside them.

"Katara is in trouble! I know it!" Aang speaks, millions of thoughts coursing through his mind on what could have happened to her. Who could have taken her? "Oh no." Sokka airs out before Toph shushes them. "Wait, someone's at the door." Toph points back at the door, a steady smile on her face. "Actually, I know who it is. It's an old friend of mine." She states as the person finishes knocking on the door. She slides it open, seeing Iroh standing before them, an unconscious Himoko on his back.

"I need your help." Iroh states as Aang and Sokka release sounds of shock at the sight of the firebender on their doorstep. And not just any firebender, the brother to the current Firelord. And on his back, the unconscious Heir to Omashu. The two didn't waste time as they rush over and help Himoko down from Iroh's back, Sokka holding her as he carried her to the middle of the room, where Aang rolled out a mat to lay her on. "What happened?"

"She collapsed suddenly after...I'm not even too sure myself." Iroh confessed. Aang whips his head around to Toph. "You guys know each other?" He asks in reference to Toph and Iroh. Toph replies with answers, "I met him in the woods once and knocked him down. Then he gave me tea and very good advice." Iroh sheepishly rubs the back of his head before bowing slightly.

"May I come in?" He asks for permission and Toph nods, allowing him to enter the house.

"She doesn't have a fever, just unconscious," Sokka mutters to himself, Aang coming back in from the kitchen with a bowl of water and a small towel. The avatar frowns at the sight of his friend who he considers his sister. She didn't appear sick, which was odd since Iroh said that she suddenly collapsed.

"Princess Azula is here in Ba Sing Se." The familiar name lifts off Uncle Iroh's tongue, Aang looking back at him.

"She must have Katara!"

"She has captured Sadem and my nephew as well." Sokka frowns, patting Himoko's forehead with the now damp towel. 'How did that happen? Sadem was supposed to be at her side at all times...' or was it a blessing in disguise that he wasn't? Because then she could have been taken too.

"Then we'll work together to fight Azula, and save Katara, Sadem, and Zuko," Aang announces with vigor.

"Woah there. You lost me at, 'Zuko'." Sokka begins to argue against it. Iroh's frown deepens but sighs nonetheless in understanding.

"I know how you must feel about my nephew. But believe me when I tell you there is good inside him." Iroh takes a few steps further into the house, reaching Sokka to place his hand on the teenager's shoulder. Eyes pleading with his to accept. Sokka removes Iroh's hands off of him, shaking his head. "Good inside of him isn't enough. Why don't you come back when it's outside him too, okay?" Coughing interrupts the small altercation of beliefs. Sokka turns his attention back on Himoko, who seems to be choking on her own spit. He rolls her onto her side, lightly hitting her back to help her.

"What's wrong with her?" Aang asks and Sokka can't answer. He was clueless about anything medical, Katara was good at that stuff; he wasn't.

But he will sure as hell try if it meant helping Himoko. Iroh clears his throat, "Have her sit up and lean against something, it will help her not choke on her own saliva." States Iroh, Sokka looking around the room for a moment before opting to just lean her against his body. Himoko's head resting on his shoulder.

"What happened before she collapsed?" Toph asks Iroh, sitting down beside Sokka.

"We were escaping from Azula and the Dai Li Agents, in the garden of the palace. Her Highness and I were fighting alongside each other when... I don't know, it looked like she was bending... But that can't be possible. She is an Airbender, is she not?" Aang's eyes widen, having the answer to his questions.

"Himoko is the Adversary, she is supposed to make deals with four spirits, one of Air, of Water, Earth, and Fire. We know that she has Air and Water so- What was she bending?" Aang asks the man, drawing the conclusions.

"Earth."

"She got the Earth Spirit then. They must have been helping you two escape- But why collapse all of a sudden afterward..." Sokka thinks to himself, muttering under his breath of possibilities. Aang recalls back to his many conversations with the Guru, one sticking out to him like a weed in a field of flowers.

"It is forever changing...duties of the Adversary...spiritual connection...helping those among the spirit realm..." Bingo! He has it.

"Her body is adjusting with the flow of change, that's why she suddenly collapsed! She wasn't ready yet to use the powers of the Earth Spirit. She wasn't grounded." Aang looks to Toph, remembering his lessons with her. 'In order to bend earth, you must be with the rock, solid as a rock. Himoko probably didn't get a chance to learn that principle.' He thinks to himself.

"Alright, now that we figured that out... How do we wake her? It will be too dangerous to leave someone here with her alone." Sokka asks everyone, readjusting Himoko's body, feeling her arm slightly twitch.

"I don't think we need to worry about waking her anymore." Toph remarks with a small chuckle. A few beats of stilled silence before Iroh sees the slow opening of eyes, drowsy. Aang moves closer to Himoko and Sokka, grabbing one of her hands.

"Himoko? Hey hey! Himoko!" The princess moves her head, feeling how stiff her neck became after sleep. It takes a few moments before she fully registers where she was, and who she was with.

She feels solid warmth pressed up against her back, and warm gazes fall upon her. Worried about her wellbeing. Her eyes open fully, of hazel and strokes of soft blue glinting in the light cascading from the opened window to the right of them. Himoko recognizes the decorations of the house before she truly grasps that she was in the company of friends.

"Can she hear us?" Iroh asks. Aang snorted in reply. "Oh, hear? Yeah, she can hear anything and everything." He unintentionally praises.

"What is..." She clears her throat, Iroh taking the time to leave her side to get her something to drink.

"You are safe. Sorry if we scared you." Sokka apologizes gently. Himoko pushes herself to sit up straighter, becoming more awake by the second. Aware of what was happening.

"Katara is in trouble. All of Ba Sing Se is in trouble." Aang drops the bomb that Himoko held at the back of her subconscious. The feeble attempt to ignore the troubles of her life failed, she couldn't rest any longer. She had no time to adjust to this portion of her life. She had to keep moving, flowing down the river with no hopes of ever crashing down the waterfall.

"Working together is our best chance," Aang speaks more directly to Sokka, who was opposed to helping Iroh save his nephew. Speak of the man, he enters the room again and hands Himoko a freshly brewed cup of tea, slightly rushed but it would help get the job done in helping her scratchy throat.

"I brought someone along who might be able to help us."

"Who?" Himoko airs out her question while Iroh heads back outside. Aang and Toph follow after him, coming upon the bounded and gagged Dai Li Agent just sitting on their front porch.

Back inside- Sokka moves his arms around Himoko, hugging her from behind. "You scared me..."

"I'm sorry..." She apologizes, "But, I can't treat..whatever is going on with me right now. We have to focus on saving them from her."

"From Azula?"

"I have never seen her before, only in paintings from when I was little learning about the royal families across the world." He nods, reaching up to brush hair out of her face, putting it behind her ear. "Drink up, I have a feeling we may be moving soon." Sokka reminds her to drink the hot tea that was at the perfect temperature. Iroh was a hidden gem in the art of tea-making.

"...the crystal catacombs of Old Ba Sing Se, deep beneath the palace." Her eyes widen 'Where they stayed before the walls were erected.' She thinks to herself, the face of King Shoi-Ming appearing in her mind for a brief moment. Himoko pushes herself to stand up, Sokka quickly following after her to help support her weight if needed. She walks out to the front porch, "You said the crystal catacombs, right?" The Dai Li Agent quickly nods his head, intimidated by the look on her face.

"I know where to go. I can ask him for directions." Himoko states, Toph furrowing her brows. "Who is 'he'?"

"One of the many greats in my family of intricate royals, King Shoi-Ming of the Earth Kingdom." Sokka's jaw slowly drops to the floor, in shock.

"Isn't he, you know, dead-" Toph begins to debunk but catches herself, "Oh wait, Adversary-"

"Stuff. Yes, he is the Earth Spirit." Aang frowns in worry, "Would you be able to...uh do your Adversary things?" Himoko nods, "Yes I can, what happened before won't hinder me from asking for aid. Let's focus on saving them." Aang reluctantly nods in agreement.

"Tie the agent up in the attic, his comrades will find him one day." Sokka orders to thin air, Toph taking the initiative by stomping on the ground and quite literally, sending the agent up to the attic, crashing through the boards of the house. "He is good." She smiles triumphantly.

"Alright..." Himoko breaths out a few controlled breaths, taking steps away from the porch, closing her eyes. 'King Shoi-Ming... Anybody... I will need your help today.' She thinks to herself before turning around and opening her eyes, collecting herself. "Back to the palace we go!" The group follows after her.

-

"Well, what do ya know. There is an ancient down there, but it's deep," States Toph, her hand pressed to the ground. Himoko walks around the front of the palace, noting the vacancy of the place. 'No agents nearby, too busy probably following Azula or Long Feng's orders.' She thinks before beginning a small explanation of why the underground city exists.

"Before the walls could be erected, they built a tunnel system deep underground and created a city with their most skilled earth benders at the time. They didn't see the light of day for months, even a year or two, before the walls were all successfully erected under the Fire Nation's nose. Granting them a way to rebuild the nation, a safe haven for all to come who were under the Fire Nation's rule against their will. The underground city stayed deep below, a part of history and nearly forgotten by many."

"Knowing the knowledge of your own people and their history makes way for a great ruler, someday." Himoko turns at the sound of Iroh's praise, the ex-army general bowing his head. Toph earthbenders a small crater into the ground, leading down to the catacombs of a lost past.

"We should split up. Aang and Himoko, you go with Iroh to look for Katara, Sadem, and the angry jerk...no offense." Iroh shrugs his shoulders, "None taken." Momo chitters as he hops down from Appa and onto Sokka's shoulder.

"And I'll go with Toph to warn the Earth King about Azula's coup." They all nod in agreement before dispersing, leaving Aang and Iroh alone with the girl on a mission to save her kingdom and friends all at once. She breathes out slowly, eyes closed as she breathes in and out, preparing herself to call upon him for aid. This would be the first time specifically calling him, and not him coming to her unannounced, she wondered what it would be like conversing with a spirit when there was an audience present. Although, having Aang on the sidelines watching wouldn't be too much of a drastic change for him.

"King Shoi-Ming of Earth, I call for your aid." Whispers cling to her skin, a green aura surrounding her form. Iroh watches in shock as he feels a shift in the air. While Aang watches in amazement. To have such a power to call upon a spirit whenever you needed aid was remarkable. Aang may have been able to connect to his past lives, but not in a way that Himoko can.

A body of green essence materializes before them, standing tall and strong was the spiritual figure of King Shoi-Ming. Neither Aang nor Iroh could see his face, pulling a blank. But in Himoko's view, she can see all of him. A quirk in her current power as the Adversary. Perhaps one day, she will be able to fully materialize a spirit so everyone around her can see.

"I have come to your aid, what is that you need, Adversary Himoko?" He questions and Himoko points to the hole Toph made that leads down to the underground city. "Guidance, more ways than one. You have been here as a spirit for many years, can you show us the way through the catacombs of a lost city?" She questions and he lets out a hearty chuckle.

"A question that doesn't need to be asked, even long after a ruler is gone, they must keep tabs on their people." He states and Himoko nods in understanding. The spirit turns and begins to lead the way through the tunnels of loss. Aang earthbenders every once in a while to lead the way through, switching off with King Shoi-Ming when he had to direct them to a new route down the tunnels. It was quite dark down here, the only light source coming from Iroh's hand as he held a small fire.

"So, Toph thinks you give pretty good advice. And great tea." Aang begins to speak small talk after he does another turn of extending the tunnel. "The key to both is proper aging. What's on your mind?" Iroh replies while Himoko listens to the rumbling of the earth shifting, most likely from their earthbending.

"Well, I met with this Guru who was supposed to help me master the Avatar State, and control this great power. But to do it, I had to let go of someone I love, and I just couldn't." Himoko's brows raise, "Aang you didn't master the Avatar State?" She questions him, wondering if she heard that right. Aang nods solemnly.

"I didn't... I couldn't go through with it."

"Perfection and power are overrated. I think you were very wise to choose happiness and love." Iroh subtly praises Aang as the group stops and King Shoi-Ming takes his turn in extending the tunnel. Himoko rests her hand on Aang's back, staring down at him with a small smile.

"If you were have chosen to let go of the people you love, then you wouldn't be the same Avatar that we all know and adore. You made the right decision Aang." Himoko informs him with clarity. Aang continues to frown, doubt in his veins.

"What happens if we can't save everyone and beat Azula? Without the Avatar State, what if I am not powerful enough?" Aang continues to worry over a decision already made, Iroh seeing the boy in turmoil states his advice, the best that he can.

"I don't know the answer. Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving..." King Shoi-Ming bends the last bit of earth stuck between them and the underground. A spectacular green light shining through, "You will come to a better place..." Himoko takes off into a sprint, spinning around in the cave of jennamite.

"This is all jennamite!" She releases a laugh, reminded of home. "I never thought I would ever see a big cluster of jennamite like this again!" Aang smiles widely, seeing her happiness radiate off of her.

"...watching the princess of a new world enjoy the things many would overlook." Iroh finishes his sentence. Himoko walks up to one of the clusters on the ground, breaking off a small fragile piece. "These ones seem more sturdy than the ones back at home..." She thinks out loud before turning around and tossing one to Aang. The Avatar catches it, watching it glint under the green light, showing him his reflection.

"These caves housed our people." King Shoi-Ming gestures to the wide-open area, two platforms separated by a channel of water- with a waterfall on the wall in the near distance. Himoko could imagine her people of the past walking through here, living here while they waited for the day the walls were finally built and finished. A sanctuary. They walked down the stairs and into the wide-open area.

"Where would they be held?" Aang asks, referring to Katara and them. Himoko listens to the twinkling of the crystals, sparking an idea...well not exactly an idea, as she has done this many times before.

"King Shoi-Ming, how big is this place?"

"The tunnels stretch out till the second ring of Ba Sing Se." She nods and takes a deep breath in. "Okay, looks like I'm going to have to use sound bending again." Aang's eyes sparkled.

"You are going to listen for them?" Himoko nods, "I am. I did it for Appa, but I was above ground and he was under. I don't know how accurate I can get when we are all underground."

"As accurate as you can make it be, Adversary." King Shoi-Ming helps build up her confidence, Iroh taking a stride to the left of them, pointing down a different tunnel.

"Let's head this way first, let us know if you...hear anything, Your Highness." Himoko nods and they walk their way down the tunnel.

Himoko listens for the group of three imprisoned, yearning to hear even just a small voice from either of them. The gentle but strong-willed Katara, the guard who helped her believe in herself to be the Princess she was always meant to be, and the traveling banished prince, hellbent on regaining honor that he already had.

Her hearing stretches out, invisible waves bouncing off of the cave walls, listening to the cracks of termites eating old wood, the slithers of worms and snakes within the walls, the breathing, and heartbeats of her companions.

Himoko pauses, coming to a halt in her stride. Aang looks back at her, brows furrowing. "What is it?" He asks.

"I hear voices talking... But, there isn't a path that leads to them." Himoko states, turning her body and walking to the wall, pressing her hand against it. "They are in this direction."

"Then we will just have to make our own path!" Aang states, nudging the princess out of the way to start creating a new tunnel.

Himoko directs them through, King Shoi-Ming assisting with making sure the place doesn't collapse on top of them, creating support beams over their heads. This area was old and fragile, how it has yet to collapse they didn't have any idea. Maybe the forces of fate keep this place upright.

They burst through one last wall, debris clouding their vision as Himoko's hearing heightens, the voices of Katara and Zuko recognizable.

"Aang!" Shouts Katara, running towards Aang and bringing him into a bone-crushing hug. Himoko runs into the cave, looking for a certain guard while Iroh runs up to Zuko and hugs him around his shoulders. Himoko's breath hitches, panic in her eyes.

"Sadem? Sadem?" She shouts out for him, the earthbender not present. She turns to Katara, the happiness of friends being reunited short-lived. "Where is Sadem?"

"I-I... I don't know, I have been alone until Zuko was thrown down here-"

"Uncle, I don't understand. What are you doing with the Avatar!" Zuko questions his Uncle, clearly upset. Aang retorts back in annoyance. "Saving you, that's what." Zuko snarls at Aang and attempts to longe at him, Iroh grabbing his nephew and holding him back.

"Stop it you two! Sadem is missing...and if he isn't here with you. Then he is somewhere else, he is in danger." Himoko shuts up the two from further fighting. "Put your little squabble aside and focus on helping me figure out where Sadem is so we can all get out of here safe and alive!"

"We will find him." King Shoi-Ming tries to calm her but she brushes him off. His spirit disappears, sensing her need for his aid was no longer present solemnly.

"Sadem was a Dai Li Agent, and then became my personal guard. If he is missing, then it isn't good for him when the Dai Li are a part of the reason why there is a coup going on right now! They had to have taken him, there is no way that they didn't-"

"Himoko calm down, breathe." Katara hesitantly walks forward, resting her hands on either side of her friend's head. Seeing her eyes brim with tears. "We are going to find him, I promise you."

"Go help your other friends. We'll catch up with you." Iroh tells them, bringing his nephew off to the side to speak with him. The three run off, Himoko swallowing up any tears that threatened to fall. 'Sadem...please be safe.' She begs before shaking her head.

They run down the tunnel Aang made earlier and run out of the preexisting tunnel that led out to the main area where the waterfall was at.

"We have to find Sokka and Toph." States Katara before Himoko suddenly stops, whipping around and rotating her staff, softening the blow of sudden firepower coming from behind. Aang erects a wall of stone to protect them, the remaining fire smacking it with great force. Katara runs around the charred wall and bends the water in the channel, charging for Azula and bringing a wave to crash down on her. Azula deflects the attack, creating a cascade of fire, the two elements merging together. Evaporating into steam.

Himoko listens for Azula, hearing the patter of footsteps heading to the right of them before the figure of the Fire Nation Princess launches herself off of one of the jennamite crystals, sending three balls of fire towards the triple. The small group distinguishes them all with their respective elements, Aang and Katara bending a water stream and Himoko whipping air at the fire, diffusing it. Azula lands on a piece of rock jutting out from one of the large columns. Aang shoots his fists forward and brings his hands down, sending a shockwave through the ground and into the column, destroying it. Pieces of rock flying out. Azula releases a gasp of shock before she drops down between Aang and Katara, pointing her fingers at both of them. Azula looks back and forth between the two of them nervously, waiting for their next move. Himoko comes from the rear, sprinting towards Azula behind her. She engages in a fight of fists with her, aiming for her least defendable areas before being pushed back by a shot of red. Blasting her back into Aang, clambering them into the ground.

Himoko and Aang scramble back up to their feet, Himoko's brow arching as she watches Zuko walk closer to them, prepared to send another shot of fire at Azula if he needs to. "Could you have aimed a little more towards Azula and not at me thank you!" Himoko quips with a smile. Zuko briefly spares her a glance, his heart rate accelerating. He winces at the thought, 'No more running away.' He thinks to himself, his eyes looking between his sister and the avatar. '...I have no honor..' He defines his self-worth before shooting a blast of fire at Aang. Aang reacts just in time to protect himself, airbending a spiral around him. He deflects the flame that sends him back. Azula smiles a surge of pride for her brother to turn against them and join the fight with her. She twists her body and attacks Katara. Katara bends water out of flash, extinguishing the fire.

'...You made a mistake, Ponytail.' Himoko thinks to herself, twirling her staff around before slamming it down on the ground, a shockwave of air splitting apart fire, lightning, and water. Zuko blinks a few times, a faint image of a silver dragon towering from behind her blocking his image for a moment. He shakes his head and gets back into focus. Capture the Avatar. He has to.

"Oh, would you look at that! My favorite Princess has made an appearance." States Azula mockingly and Himoko taps her staff with her finger, ignoring the other royal, glancing at the crystals. 'Call upon them when in need, in correspondence to what they can do'.

"I call for aid, King Shoi-Ming." She mutters under her breath, energy releasing.

Zuko assaults Aang with a rapid barrage of fireballs. Aang quickly runs around in a circle at high speed, creating a whirlwind that blocks the attacks. Aang comes to a halt and throws his chest out, sending a gust of air in the shape of his body. Zuko doesn't get a chance to deflect, the strong gust hitting him down to the ground. Aang leaps forward and attempts to attack Zuko with a blast of wind, but Zuko rolls out of the way and counters with a blast of fire towards Aang's legs.

Aang jumps out of the way, hauling himself into the air, and hops from column to column. Zuko gets back up to his feet when he gets slammed from the side, knocking to the ground by a sudden wall of earth.

After being pushed to the ground for the second time, he looks up to see the perpetrator of the assault. Seeing the princess who he helped fall asleep the night prior. He cringes at himself, pushing off of the ground, and gets in a stance to fight. Himoko stomps on the ground, sending up two pieces of earth, punching them towards him. Zuko dodges them as he makes moves to get closer to Himoko. The Adversary doesn't pause in her own advance, ripping holes in the ground to send at the Prince's head. She couldn't believe that this was happening, her heart feels saddened at this outcome. After everything? He took the side of a family that doesn't care about him, over someone who actually did?

She knew that Iroh didn't put him up to this, she thinks inwardly as Zuko throws a fire punch at her, and she ducks, swinging her leg under him. He hops over the limb, grabs her shoulder, and attempts to throw her back. An invisible force keeping her stable. Zuko growls, irritated before swinging his arms around, creating whips of fire. Forcing Himoko to move out of the way if she didn't want to get burned. She blocks a stray whip with a wall of earth, huffing tiredly.

"What was the point of this? You are doing nothing but repeating the cycle!" Himoko states as Zuko destroys the rock barrier with his whips. Himoko jumps out of the way. "I have to do this." Zuko doesn't need to reply to her, but he does anyway. At least, then he will be able to give some clarity on what he felt. Why he was doing this. But the words just couldn't seem to leave him, stuck in limbo as he fights against someone he could have maybe called a friend.

"Himoko." She hears a whisper from Aang, her good hearing present, "Move in 3..." She doesn't give Aang a chance to continue counting down, kicking herself off of the ground and onto her glider as a large stalactite comes crashing to the ground, Aang on top of it. Debris floods the cave, pieces of rock flinging out and crashing into clusters of jennamite. Zuko is blown back by the shock wave and his body hits a crystal cluster. Himoko safely hangs in the air, waiting for the cloud of debris to disappear before making her next move.

Azula and Katara are standing across each other, passing the channel of water running between the two platforms. Katara bends the puddle on the ground and lobs it at Azula, knocking her to her knees. Azula attempts to get back onto her feet, the waterbender bends the water around her body, two long tentacles attached to her arms. She lifts them high into the air as Azula leans forward and thrusts out her firsts, releasing a blast of fire. The fire is extinguished as one of Katara's water tentacles wraps around Azula's outstretched arms. Katara flings her other water tentacle down to Azula's leg, successfully trapping her. Katara raises her arms to fling Azula into the air when Zuko swings his body up, gathering energy at the soles of his feet. As he lands back down, the flames whip over and slice through the water tentacles. Freeing his sister.

Caused by Zuko's momentum of flames, helps clear the rest of the debris before Himoko sails down on her glider with a nosedive. She outstretches an arm, grabs the back of Aang's shirt, and tugs him out of the crater caused by the falling stalactite.

Azula smiles at her brother before turning her attention up at Himoko who flies away with Aang, landing on top of another column as he gets his wits back after the fall.

"Hey hey, you okay?" She lightly whacks at his face to help him out of his dizzying daze. Aang clutches his eyes closed, groaning softly. "That probably wasn't a good idea on my part..."

"You think?" Himoko smiles before Aang glances down at Azula, spotting her spin around, blasts of fire igniting at the bottom of her feet. His eyes widened, "Uh oh." Himoko nods wrapping her arm around his waist then they were flying off again. Azula punches a few blasts of fire after the two Air Nomads, attempting to shoot them down. She fails the first couple of times until one just slightly knicks the top of one of the wings, starting a small sweltering fire. 'Damn it.' Himoko thinks, closing her glider and letting her and Aang just fall to the ground, bracing their falls with airbending.

Himoko tosses her staff away, no use in putting out the fire when it was more than likely it was going to be set on fire...again.

"Now this is interesting! Two of what I need just standing in front of me on a silver platter." Himoko quirks her brow, sharing a look with Aang.

"We aren't toys for you to play with." Himoko begins, "But we will be sure to dispose of you like one." Azula growls at the subtle threat, raising her hands up and pushing them back, blue fire igniting behind her. Himoko takes a step forward in front of Aang, prepared to protect him. Instead, the avatar walks around her. "No. I can do this." He bends down into a stance.

"Aang you don't have to prove that you can beat her-"

"I know." Aang smiles, "But there is only one Princess of Omashu." Small explosions rocket Azula towards them. Aang raises his arms and earth bends jennamite crystals to cling to his body. A suit of armor made out of pure jennamite. He puts both arms forward and slides over the ground, coming at Azula head-on. Both look like they are about to collide until Azula jumps up then slams down, the energy that was focused at her feet and hands colliding with Aang, shattering the armor with flair.

"Aang!" Himoko yells as she begins to run to where he was flung to when a sharp attack of fire blocks her way. Himoko looks to her left, watching Azula walk towards her with a smirk on her face. "No no no... You might as well just give up here, dear princess. There is no point in fighting for your 'friends' anymore." She snidely comments, Himoko ignoring her. Azula rolls her eyes, "Fine... If you want to be that way, good luck trying to protect two people at once." Himoko's eyes widen as Azula runs off, heading towards Zuko and Katara. She looks back to where Aang was, seeing him struggle to get back up.

"King Shoi-Ming, materialize." She urgently asks before running after Azula, 'Help Katara!' She manages to think before a ripple of the earth carries her off of her feet and into the air, heading to Aang. Only, it doesn't work.

Azula jumps from the crystal cluster, shooting a large blast of fire down at Katara while the waterbender attempts to deflect Zuko's own attack as well. Failing and being blown back, colliding the jennamite behind her. Katara falls to the ground, unconscious. Azula smirks, "Finish her off, Zuko." She whispers to her brother. Zuko feels his blood run cold at the order. 'Murder...?' Zuko clenches his fist, 'No, that isn't who I am.' He thinks, conflicted.

"Aang, hey look at me." Himoko grabs Aang by the shoulders, wincing in pain. "I know things are very confusing right now but we- We have to get Katara and get out of here. It isn't worth it to continue fighting." Himoko tells him, watching Aang agree and nod.

"No, you are right. This is getting nowhere." Aang breaths out a huff of air, standing up straight to see Katara laying on the ground, her unconsciousness (temporary) startling him. He grits his teeth, furious. "Get Katara and get out." He mutters before launching himself and Himoko dozens of feet into the air, an enormous dust cloud following after them. Himoko diverts away from Aang, attempting to get to Katara in a different route.

She is stopped by three suddenly appearing Dai Li agents, blocking her way. Behind her, Aang slams his body into the floor, cracking the stone ground and bending a mound of moving rock towards Zuko and Azula. When he gets close enough to engage in a fight with them, a Dai Li agent jumps in front of him and lifts his arms, destroying the mound Aang was on. Dropping the Avatar onto the floor. Aang picks himself up, wearily, and looks around, seeing his sister figure fighting three Dai Li Agents at once. Himoko uses airbending to keep them at bay, trying to look for an opening to get to Katara. But the girl instead keeps getting pushed back, further and further away from her friend until the three agents join the fray, circle around her and Aang, with the two Fire Nation Royals standing tall in front of them.

"There's too many." Aang looks at Himoko, and she looks back. Himoko breathes deeply, staring at his eyes that used to be so full of hope. All that is left in their wake was fatigue, confusion, and conflict. Neither of them knew what to do, but they had to do something if they planned on getting out of here. And living the rest of their lives out.

Silent conversation, agreeing upon something that may not work...but they had to try.

"The only way is to let her go." A memory of Aang's plays out in his head, staring at the floor. He sighs sadly, "I'm sorry, Katara." He whispers, only Himoko could hear. With one last nod, Aang turns around and bends crystals from out of the ground, creating a tent over him while Himoko moves her arms around in circled motions, blasts of fire and rock heading their way. She deflects the dangers, protecting Aang while he meditates. Starting his journey back to unlocking the chakra that blocked him from mastering the avatar state.

The crystals begin to illuminate behind her, the beginning of entering the Avatar state. For the first time, Himoko feels more connected with Aang than any other time. The other half of the bridge. 'He is doing it.' She thinks as she deflects more rocks, not noticing Azula slip away from her sight, disappearing behind a blast of blue fire. Around and around she bends the air before she feels the ground under her begin to rumble threateningly.

Himoko stops her bending, jumping up into the air just as a strong explosion of spiritual energy escapes from the crystal tent, Zuko and the Dai Li agents shield themselves from the blast, a pillar of light strikes up through the top of the tent and into the air, piercing the area with a blinding light.

Aang's body floats up just as Himoko lands back on the ground, smiling widely in astonishment, feelings of hope returning to her body. 'We will get out of here.' She thinks.

Avatar Aang has succeeded in unlocking the Avatar State to use freely, at the cost of any earth attachments.

His novelty and sacrifice are short-lived when a bolt of lightning strikes his body and soul.

"Aang!" Himoko screams out in pain, feeling like something was being ripped out of her, forcefully detaching itself. The green aura that has been presently swirling around her from King Shoi-Ming's Spirit dissipates. Aang's body begins hurdling to the ground while Himoko stands there in shock, unable to grasp what happened. Frozen on her feet, and tears in her eyes.

'The Avatar and the Adversary are connected in more ways than you could never fully comprehend.' Yang-chen's words ring in her ears, a constant ringing that drives her to her breaking point. Grief striking her heart and soul, the horrors of now being alone; once again. Aang was attacked by Azula while he was in the Avatar state, there was no going back. He was gone, he and the Avatar state was gone. A thread snaps spiritually, and Katara in the land of the living travels over to them on a huge wave, stampeding those in her path as she manages to catch Aang in her arms.

Anger.

Anger.

Flourishes out of her veins, she steps out in front of Katara and Aang; hiding Katara's tears from the girl who took away their light. She refuses to lose another person to the Fire Nation... Bringing her arm back in a swift motion as she gathers energy then slams it down onto her wrist. A blockage of air erects between them and the left-standing firebenders. The pair advances, attempting to get their blasts of fire through, proven futile as the blasts of fire reflect back at them. Like a two-way mirror with no exit. Just an entryway. They dodge their own blasts, Zuko's brows furrow in confusion. 'Where is this coming from?' He asks himself. He didn't understand a lot about Himoko, about who she was or what she was. But the power she was displaying- Why wasn't it present before?

He didn't know, nor did he have time to contemplate further on the complexities of Princess Himoko when an unexpected opponent jumps down from a cliff, landing between Himoko's impenetrable wall of air and his niece and nephew.

"You've got to get out of here! I'll hold them off as long as I can!" Himoko glances back at Katara, nodding with her. She allows the wall of air to fall, helping Katara up and carry Aang. Iroh fights off the enemies, blasts of fire filling the battleground of the lost city. Himoko feels bitter nag at the back of her throat, holding herself back from joining in on the first with Iroh. Aang was hurt, severely hurt. The word caught in her throat, the idea of him... She shakes her head, joining Katara in the water as they rush over to the waterfall. Probably the only way out at this point.

Katara bends a rising and twisting current that lifts them up, cold water sliding down Himoko's back. 'The Avatar Spirit...It's truly gone, isn't it?' Himoko thinks to herself, a frown on her face that will be stuck there indefinitely. 'Sadem...where are you?' She thinks, knowing now that they won't have a chance to look for him. She couldn't cry right now, no more tears were left to shed. She left...broken.

Iroh ceases his defense, surrendering himself once the three were out of danger. He smiles sadly, recalling hearing the conversations of the night before. The two royals from different worlds conversing about anything and everything, unaware of how truly things got scrambled the day after. He wishes he could go back in time, to join in their conversation, give his usual advice and small lightheartedly quips. And watch them laugh.

He is encased into a jennamite prison, knowing that fate had other plans for him.

It has been a blur since leaving the lost city, somehow in between they found the others and are now flying on Appa, Himoko resting against her cousin's side, feeling like her soul was ripped in two. Sokka glances back at her, and then at Katara who rests Aang against the back of the satchel, pulling out a vial of water from the spirit oasis at the north pole.

Millions of thoughts ran through her mind, where do they go from here? How do they heal from this? Was there any hope left for them?

Himoko rests her hand over her heart, closing her eyes. How does she tell them that the Avatar Spirit was gone...

Azula sits upon the throne of Ba Sing Se, sliding her hands on the marvelous golden armrests, smirking to herself. 'Fit for royalty.' She thinks.

"We've done it Zuko. It's taken a hundred years, but the Fire Nation has conquered Ba Sing Se." She speaks to her brother who stands next to her. Zuko stares regretfully at the ground, feeling awful. "I betrayed Uncle..." He thinks to himself, '...and I betrayed Himoko.'. They could have been friends. He could have fought with her, with the Avatar, with everyone against his sister. But instead, he chose to regain his honor over the possibility of that.

"No, he betrayed you. Zuko, when you return home, Father will welcome you as a war hero." Azula states as she stands up, placing her hand on her brother's shoulder. "But, I don't have the Avatar. What if Father doesn't restore my honor?" He asks.

"He doesn't need to, Zuko. Today- you restored your own honor." Zuko turns away from his sister as she walks away, leaving him in his own thoughts. Closing his last chapter, and beginning the new one as a new person... For better or worse.

End of Book 2 - Sound Waves.

Happy New Year, see you next year in Book 3.

Sound Reflection.

Word Count: 21,490

Page Count: 61.9

Leave questions in the comments for me to answer about the chapter! -Golden

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

39.2K 1.4K 60
Karissa Sinclost, a mage with a particular trait inherited from two mages. Trials, pain, tears, joy and laughter paints her days, and perhaps even lo...
3.6K 82 13
Y/n L/n. The youngest of the Twelve Princesses. She lived somewhat happy in the palace with her father and her eleven older sisters in the Enchanted...
When Two Worlds Collide Від Alexis Brionna💜

Підліткова література

156K 6.8K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
34.9K 863 19
(Danny Phantom fan fiction) Morgan, a fourteen year old teenager, is moving to a lovely place called Amity Park. She is so exited to be attending her...