I may look like him but I'm n...

By 1person_10

Bungo stray dogs various x Male reader Why and how are the two questions that are stuck in your head at this... More

A/N
Prologue
reference sheet
Gotta go gotta run
A cats demand
Barista jobs
Small assassin
The assassin and the cat
The comfort of an assassin
The port mafias dog
Activation
The cat has a car ?
Well, at least he doesn't maybe want to kill me anymore-
Is this an apocalypse!?

A book and a cat

16.3K 677 136
By 1person_10

_______________________________________________________________________________

You stare at yourself through the mirror, turning your head to get a better look at 'yourself'.

Your hands move to pinch yourself but you decide against it, smacking yourself instead. Fingers feeling cold and trembling on your cheek .

You lightly smack your cheeks as you keep staring at yourself. A weird feeling developed in your stomach, it twisted and turned .

You felt like throwing up, but you kept it unsure if it would be a good time to do that .

Swallowing a lump in your throat you stare at yourself for a few more minutes, playing with your new colored hair, before hesitantly trailing your eyes down the mirror to see your clothes.

A long tan sweater with a white collar shirt underneath, black sweatpants that were baggy at the ankle, and black sneakers.

You tried your best to keep your body from shaking more .

Seeing pockets in the sweatpants, you feel for anything inside them .

Nothing in the right pocket, but you find a flip phone in the left.

Taking it out with a cold,trembling hand, You notice the flip phone was an older model with a basic gray color.

Opening it showed the date: October 27, 12:47 pm.

Before you could do anything else you flinched and held your chest .

A ripping piercing feeling flooded your chest As you hissed with pain.

You placed your hands over the place.

Over the place that bullet took your life .

Or well, old life now .

The phone had fallen and clattered to the floor with a thump .

You hunched over holding your chest as you bit your lip from pain .

'I'm guessing this is what they call phantom pains ...'

As fast as the pain came, it left .

You sighed, rubbing your chest with your hand as the pain faded.

"I really hope i won't have to go through that death experience again...i feel sick just by being here now" you mumbled to yourself as you had reached over and picked up the phone .

You opened it up again, trying to distract yourself from the emotional and physical pains of having died and being revived .

You preferred not to shut down and internally have a mental breakdown right this moment .

It took a bit to figure out the functions of the phone, since it had been one of an older looking model.

And because your hands keep trembling, including your legs that hold you up .

Not finding anything else on it you quietly shut it before placing it back in the pocket .

Hesitantly, you glanced behind you where a bed seemed to be placed.

It had a dark brown headboard along with white sheets and pillows. The walls were a creamy colored beige as a nightstand was placed on the beds right and two normal sized balcony doors were on the left a few feet away.

You slowly walked over to the balcony doors as the sun's glow seeped through the curtains , pushing them away and you opened them to be greeted by the sun's bright light .

The sun shone in the blue sky but it seemed to be slowly starting to set .

You squint your eyes as you looked away "shit that's bright " once your eyes had been adjusted to the sun's light after being in the dark for a little too long , you glanced back before walking forward.

The sounds of cars beeping and people talking among other city noises flooded your ears as you looked down below .

"Having seen this in the anime ....it's weirder in person " you stared up ahead at the more city buildings that kept going on.

"Meow"

You flinched at the sudden intrusion of the sound of a cat .

Looking over ,on the balcony, a familiar looking calico cat walks owards you .

It's little paws step on the edge .

Slowly holding out your hand, it gently sniffs you for a bit before licking your finger, and then purring as you pet it.

You couldn't tell if the cat had trusted you so quickly because you didn't seem to be dangerous, or that it thought you were someone else...

You didn't want to think of the other .

There was a piece of paper attached to a red ribbon on the collar. You gently take it off the cat and open it to read it .

𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺

You blinked at it confused before feeling a nudge on your ankles .

Glancing down , the cat kept meowing as it pushed its head into your ankles , seeming to try and push you back inside.

"Oh right ...new identity problems " you take one last look at the city before stepping back inside .

Shutting the doors behind you, the cat seems to walk in as if it owns this place.

Its tail swayed as they jumped onto the bed , it walked around one spot before laying down and curling into a ball .

You stared at it confused before slowly putting the paper into the pocket of the pants .

You glanced back up at the other door before walking towards it, the cat seemed to not pay mind as you left .

Opening the door it let out a small creak , you walked down the small hallway fiddling with the cuffs of the sweater as you looked around .

There was a living room on the right side of the room, with a long couch, a small coffee table with a silver key and a remote placed on top, and a Tv with two windows to the sides.

Looking towards your left was a kitchen area, it had basic brown countertops and cupboards along with what you would assume to be a long table with two chairs that rested on the other side, out of the way to whoever used the kitchen .

'I honestly expected to end up in hell or heaven after I died ,,but then again I was never the religious type 'you glanced around before a black box caught your eye .

It rested on top of the fridge , you reached over to it after you had walked closer .

Opening it, an envelope was inside along with many extra sets of keys that hung on a silver bangle, each label with a different city and lastly,another note .

You silently went over to the table on the other side of the countertop and sat in one of the chairs , your body slowly relaxed but was still on edge along with the feeling of nausea and other negative feelings .

You took out the envelopes as you counted the yen .

Your eyes widened at the yen, that was the equivalent to seven hundred dollars , you recounted just to make sure .

Once you made sure for that second time, you quietly slipped the money back inside before leaving it inside the box and took out the note .

𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘹 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐𝘵'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 .

You stared at the paper before folding it up , you held it in your grasp before glancing over at the key bangles .

Particularly at the one where Tokyo was engraved on it .

'...I definitely need to leave this city at some point ' you sighed a bit and placed the note back into the box .

But you did get a tad bit curious at the mention of another object .

You walked back down the mini hall back to the room and walked to the closet .

The cat opens one of its eyes as it glances at you from its sleeping position on its bed .

You open both of the doors to see a shelf with a folded black hoodie and a hat that was the same color that rested on it , a backpack rested on the side of them with only 2 hangers that were hanging on the pole above .

The bottom shelf was empty as they both were built on the left side of it .

And as if it was carved for that specific space, an empty squared corner was on its right .

A few umbrellas or boots would probably fit there instead but .

Another box slightly larger than the other one laid there, its box was covered in what seemed to be slight dust .

You tilted your head a bit at it and reached out a hand to it .

The feeling of nausea intensified as you felt goosebumps rise on your covered skin .

You flinched back as if you had been hit and your hand was stinging with pain .

Although you did not know why you reacted that way .

Your body certainly did .

You backed away from it , glancing away before shaking your head and shutting the doors closed .

Backing away from it you decided to pay attention to the nightstands where a few stacks of books were laid and a pen .

You flip through the pages only to find blanks, you close the book and put it down on the nightstand.

You picked up the final one but this time it had a title on it .

'I am a cat '

You blinked at the title before slowly glancing at the cat .

It was the same type as the one on the cover .

It paid no mind to you as it laid their sleeping .

'Maybe .. a bit of light reading will help ?' You sat down on the edge of the bed as you opened the cover and began to read .

The book started with words .

The authors name have been scribbled out .

━ ✾ ━
'*'
" I fucking take that back " you mumbled as you placed your head in between in your knees that were raised to your chest .

During the reading , you had sat down onto the ground where your back leaned against the bed .

The book hung on your fingertips since your arms laid over your knees .

The sun had gone , and the moon had come along with the stars and cool breeze outside .

The only source of light you had was the small lamp on the nightstand.

You raised your head up slightly where your face was still half hidden behind your knees but you were able to see your eyes .

At the end of the book though .

The cat drowned in the end ,

It died .

Just like you had .

But it accepted its death .

Unlike you who had no choice but to and accept your demise .

You sighed as you bit your lip trying to not cry from the overwhelming feeling of loss and kept telling yourself to not break and finally cry over some idiotic book that had a same ending as yours .

You then stood back up and placed the book on the nightstand.

The cat had been laying on the bed the entire day .

You glanced at the window where the moonlight shone a bit through the curtains .

Kicking off the shoes, you then lifted up the blanket , the cat had stretched a bit before moving down to the edge .

You laid on the bed before putting the cover over yourself as you curled up into a ball .

There was no noise .

No noise of your siblings laughing .

No noise from your parents talking .

No noise .

Just silence .

And warm wet tears flowed down your cheeks as you kept quiet .

In the end .

You had silently cried yourself to sleep .

In the later hours of the night you felt sick .

Sick to your stomach .

And ended up gagging as if you were puking in the bathroom as you cried .

The cat stayed by you throughout the night .

Trying to serve you a form of comfort.

Besides,

Getting a second chance at life doesn't mean it'll be easy to adjust and forget the old one .

Au Notes
Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoy the new rewritten chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 488 33
Y/n L/n is just your average lover of anime. Especially Bungo Stray Dogs. One morning, they find out that they're in the Bungo Stray Dogs universe! H...
28.2K 604 20
Name Kaito Takahashi, i am just an ordinary guy who loves reading Novels and mangas and Games . Also i am an otaku, and you won't believe it but, i g...
3.6K 192 19
I of course do not own Bungou stray dogs nor any of the characters, just the storyline! Nor do i own this wonderful art! There are also no manga spoi...
65.1K 2.5K 19
"Never play with the feelings of others because you may win the game, but the risk is that you surely lose the person for a lifetime." Love is as com...