꧁Dᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ Wɪᴛʜ Tʜᴇ Sᴛᴀʀs꧂ (Dem...

By Aurorasol1

꧁In a world with a constant war between humans and demons, (Y/n) Hagakarē is one of the many people who have... More

꧁Travelling꧂
꧁First Encounters꧂
꧁The Trio꧂
꧁The Hashiras꧂pt1
꧁The Hashiras꧂pt2
꧁The Trial꧂
꧁First Mission꧂
꧁Demons꧂
꧁Dance of the stars꧂
꧁The Talk꧂
꧁Mitsuri Kanroji꧂
꧁Flexibility꧂
꧁Inosuke Hashibira꧂
꧁Entertainment District꧂
꧁The Entertainment district pt2꧂
꧁Day in the Night꧂
꧁The Plan꧂
꧁The Girls꧂
꧁Oiran꧂
꧁Underground Base꧂
꧁Upper Moon 6꧂
꧁True Forms꧂
꧁Two꧂
꧁Tactics ꧂
꧁TeamWork꧂
!!AUTHORS NOTE!!
꧁Stay Alive꧂

꧁Rengoku Kyojuro꧂

710 21 1
By Aurorasol1

Inosuke crouched next to me and patiently listened to me as I slowly told him what happened. Surprisingly, he didn't interrupt once. He just listened.

"At least your alive! We're all alive too! Let's all just keep living!" He jumped up as if he were excited. "I'll go tell the others you're here!" He patted my head gently before running to the others with a laugh.

I paused for a moment to think.

Wait what. Was that actually Inosuke?! Or was that a dream? Has he ever been that soft before? Is he sick? Am I sick? (_)

I had officially lost everyone in my family. I couldn't even save one of them. Demons. It was those damn demons. Was I going to be next? Besides, I was the only one keeping my family bloodline from ending. There was no hope for me or my family anymore.

Why did I have to be the one to survive? I should've been the one to die.

I coughed as blood dripped out the corner of my mouth. My arms weakly held my body as I slowly bled to my death. That was until something touched the middle of my forehead.

"Don't think you can get away with dying so easily!" A very confident voice told me.

I looked up to see Rengoku stood over me.

"Relax. Find exactly where you are bleeding in your mind. Heal it yourself." He ordered.

What was this guy talking about?

So I did what he requested and closed my eyes.

Find the bleed. Find the bleed.

As soon as I found it, I grit my teeth - using the rest of my energy.

"Relax." He repeated.

I got the hang of it and stopped the bleeding soon after. I had to tell him about Akaza before anything bad happened; but there was a slight problem - I couldn't even move my lips since I was drained of energy.

Rengoku laughed. "You did it! Maybe even quicker than Tanjiro over there. How did you even end up in this state?"

I looked up at him then at my finger which was pointing towards the trees Akaza escaped to repeatedly until I thought he had the idea.

Please let this guy be smart.

"Ahh. I see. There is a surprise for us behind those trees!"

I think I'll just die right here.

"I understand what you are trying to say completely." His voice sounded serious this time. Much more deep and more emotionless than the other time.

He picked me up as I moved to grip my scythe and took me further away from the trees. He instead brought me back with the others.

Tanjiro was sat on the ground, obviously concentrating about something, while Inosuke and Zenitsu helped people from the train.

"(Y/n)!" Tanjiro called out. "I'm so happy to see you're okay! Well not physically but you're alive!"

"She's not in the greatest condition." Rengoku said as he put me back on the grass. "She will definitely take time to heal and and will probably have to go through rehabilitation."

Go through... what now?!

"But we have one last thing to cover."

The sound of a sword being pulled out of a sheath filled the air. I had so much information I still had to tell them, but I just couldn't bring myself to talk. At this rate, we were all at risk of dying all because I was too weak.

A shiver went down my spine. I knew exactly what was going on.

Breathe...

Concentrate...

Hope...

"Don't use your technique! You'll reopen the wound!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Star breathing; Fourth Form; Around the World." I just managed to say quietly.

꧁꧂

My head rested on Tanjiro's lap as he made sure I didn't lose consciousness at any moment. Zenitsu and Inosuke watched Akaza and Rengoku fight from afar. But apart from that, something else moved from behind us. Who was it?

"Nezuko-chan~" Zenitsu ran out of my sight with this weird look on his face.

"You haven't met my sister have you, (Y/n)?" Tanjiro asked.

"Sister?"

A girl appeared and sat next to the boy. She had a pink kimono and long brown hair with orange tips. Her eyes were pink and she had a bamboo muzzle on the mouth.

This is what he was hiding in that box. No doubt it's a demon. I need to kill it!

"Wait no! She's a good demon. She has never eaten or hurt anyone for a couple years now!"

"Did you just... read my mind?"

"I can smell peoples' intentions. I can practically smell anything."

"Then who's going to win this fight?"

He took a moment closing his eyes and smelling the air. His eyes shot open and looked towards Rengoku.

"He... he's doing okay! And about earlier... how did you know to protect us?"

"It's a secret." I smiled gently.

It wasn't really a secret anyways. During my training, I had always been taught to sense other people, demons and even objects. It was practically almost the most important thing I had to learn.

Akaza had charged straight towards us and attempted to punch Tanjiro right in the face. Good thing I did what I did.

"Wow! You have some great potential!" We heard Akaza talk to Rengoku as they stood opposite each other. "How about you become a demon! We can fight like this for eternity!"

Rengoku didn't reply. Blood run down his face from his forehead but he still held his sword right.

"How is he doing?" I asked.

"It's really hard to tell. It's almost as if they have just 'stopped' their scent." Tanjiro explained.

I sighed. "Fine then."

I slowly got up from Tanjiro's lap and stood up, leaving my scythe on the ground.

"Inosuke. Hand me a sword."

"You shouldn't be up yet!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Make sure the 'fire guy' doesn't get involved." I say before I'm handed a sword.

"What exactly do you need this for? Oh I get it! You're going to fight the demon with it - or even better you're going to fight me with it!" Inosuke declared confidently.

"You're sword is a very peculiar shape, leaving more damage to the opponent. This will do."

"You're very crazy. I like it." Inosuke laughed.

"I was banned from using this method but I have no choice. Do not get close no matter what." I warned them.

I walked away from the two, getting closer to the fight. I had to rethink everything one last time.

I have about 5 seconds to do this. If I do this wrong I will surely die. I don't really care but I have to save all of these guys. Remember, breathe, impale and 5 more seconds to talk. Got it.

"(Y/n)! What are you thinking?!" Tanjiro shouted.

Breathe...

Concentrate...

Destroy...

As I breathed in, I held the sword above my head. It was now or never. I just had to endure it.

I forcefully stabbed myself by my heart with the sword.

"Star breathing; Seventh Form; Dance of the Stars." I said before pulling out the sword again.

꧁꧂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.1K 32
⁺◟kamado tanjiro x reader . . . ︎ꜜ ❝𝙔/𝙣-𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣~𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙞𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙏𝙖𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙧𝙤❞ . . . Y/n is a second year at Demo...
70.8K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | slow...
15.9K 362 23
Sakura Hirai is a 20 year old girl who lives down the mountain from the Kamado family where she has looked after their children for years after the F...
58.2K 1.3K 69
Asami Kaneko was saved by the Love Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji, when a demon attacked her home and, much like many people in this demon ridden world, he...