꧁Day in the Night꧂

"If we spend anymore time here, we might reach after dark." Tengen told us.

"I guess we should leave then?" I said, but he had already gone and was down the road from us already.

"Try to keep up! Otherwise forget coming with me!"

"How is he so fast?!" The other three shrieked.

"Quickly, go. I'll catch up soon." I walked away from the trio and made my way into the butterfly mansion again.

I needed to send an urgent message to Kanroji-san before leaving and making her worried. So I held out my arm and waited a couple seconds before a light weight could be felt. It was my Kasugai Crow.

"Please give this message to Kanroji-san: I'm sorry for any inconvenience but I have been forced to go on a mission with Tengen Uzui. I do have a few favours however; please get my someone to sort my uniform out. I really need something that doesn't show this much. And second, tell Lady Shinobu to take care of Tengen if he comes back alive - for kidnapping me that is. That's all then. Regards, (Y/n) Hagakarē."

The bird squawked and rubbed its beak on its chest before taking off again. I hoped Kanroji-san would get the message.

I had to catch up to the others before I lost them for good. Oh well.

Concentrate...

Breathe...

Hope...

"Star Breathing; Third Form; Universal Time Stop."

꧁꧂

I had been running for what felt like years. I could see Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke in the distance trying to catch up to the Hashira, Tengen. He was way ahead of the boys anyway but not too far. I had to hurry up.

The sun was right above my head and beaming down intensely. It wasn't too hot or too cold - it was the perfect temperature for me.

I continued to run down the path and tried to catch up with the others. Thankfully, I did after like an hours run. We had stopped in a village with very little people in it; I didn't even know if it was counted as a village anymore. At least there were people, horses and most importantly - wagons.

"We thought you weren't gonna make it!" Tanjiro noticed me behind the trio.

"Oh wow, that was quick." Zenitsu informed me.

"Do you have super powers?! Fight me!"

"Enough playing around! Hop on." The Hashira ordered us.

There were wagons waiting for us not too far away. People stood in front of them and was definitely going to pull us to our destination. This was gonna be one hell of a ride.

So we all got on the wagons, Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke sat on one whereas me and Tengen both sat on separate ones. I was happy I was on my own wagon but it would've been easier if me and Tengen had just shared one - but who cared anyway?

Hours passed before we had any sight of any village or city but to my surprise there was one large city that was approaching us. The sun was setting rapidly and the sky grew darker with every moment that went by.

The city grew larger and larger before we reached the main entrance of it. There were lights everywhere as well as people. Women stood on balconies, in windows and on porches as mainly men and tourists roamed the streets.

The lights covered every street and no place was dark or distant from people. Sure I had seen many cities but this one... was on a whole other level. Not to mention this place gave off a very eery and lustful sense beaming from it.

As we entered deeper into the city, I noticed more people staring at us - I wondered if the others had noticed too. I felt really uncomfortable but at least this wouldn't last forever; I hoped.

"Listen you four." Tengen said from the wagon in front of us. "Don't do anything you will regret. We are only here to solve this problem so stay in your carts."

I watched as the trio in front of me jumped out one by one chasing after each other. What more did I expect from them really?

But as the wagon went even further into the city, a nice smell started to form in the air. It smelled like... takoyaki! That was not something I got to eat often. I jumped out of the cart and followed the smell to a nearby shop filled with all kinds of food. Hopefully Tengen wouldn't mind. 

"Takoyaki please!" I asked the man impatiently.

"500 yen then."

"Too bad you can't eat it." A voice came from behind.

"What?-" next thing I knew, I was being dragged across the floor by Tengen.

He placed me down back near the wagons and told to to stay in my place as he went to find the other three.

Damn.