Who You Are | MHA/BNHA

By Kimzetsoul

[MHA x SakuraKinomoto!Reader] [Name]'s quirk is Clow Cards. Now they can transform into anyone from various e... More

you take the man out of the city (not the city out of the man)
and maybe i enjoy it just a little bit (does that make me insane?)
i'm anxious and nothing can help (and I wish I'd done this before)
catching my breath (letting it go)
where'd you wanna go? (how much do you wanna risk?)
if you don't like the way i talk (then why am i on your mind)
i won't just survive (oh, you will see me thrive)
and they're singing my praises (screaming my name out loud)
we give and take a little more (we give and take a little more)
you've changed my mind (you've touched their hearts)
just like fire (burning out of the way)
cause in the end (you are part of who i am)
perfect energy, yeah (we flawless, yeah, we free)
i say they're just the ones who gave me life (but I truly am my parents' child)
you're so addictive (full of sweets)
i'm a star, star, star (queencard, i'm the top)
no matter where I go (this is no home)
young, dumb, stupid (but who cares? but who cares?)
what's wrong with you, hey? (i know that you got a lot on your plate)
when the world is calling you (can you hear them screaming out your name?)
you held me down (but I got up)
shut your eyes (realize)
i don't know (maybe i'm just like this)
already told you (i'm right here)
between the lines of fear and blame (you begin to wonder why you came)
we clawed, we chained (our hearts in vain)
impossible game (i never signed up for this with my name)
sometimes I feel like giving up (but I just can't)
i remember tears streaming down your face (when I said I'll never let you go)
the dog days are done (here they come)
and now all i wanna see (is a sky full of lighters)
oh no!
whatever it takes
i'm worse at what i do best (and for this gift i feel blessed)
where's the person that i know? (they must have left)
and you'll ask yourself (where is my mind?)
whatever we go through (i'll be your armor)
god stood me up (and I don't know why)
and the engine's failed again (all limits of disguise)
take my breath away like magic, you're the show (i feel so mad)
kill 'em with kindness (go ahead, go ahead, go ahead now)

ooh-woo (i'm a rebel just for kicks)

2.6K 81 56
By Kimzetsoul

In the aftermath of the intense U.A. entrance exam, a week unfolded like a slow-motion montage for [Name]. Each passing day felt like an eternity, a relentless wait for the letter that would either usher them in joy or deliver crushing disappointment.

The mailman unwittingly became a regular visitor to [Name]'s daily routine, as they anxiously monitored the door for any sign of the coveted acceptance letter.

[Name] couldn't shake the thought that they might have landed on a peculiar post office watchlist due to their frequent, eager interactions with the mail carriers.

Ding dong.

The familiar sound rang through the air, and [Name] practically lunged at the door. Snatching the mail from the delivery person, excitement surged through them.

"Thank you! Bye!" Before the mailman could respond, the door was swiftly shut. [Name] rushed to their room, closing the door with a resounding bang. They winced at the noise, a reflexive reaction ingrained deep within them as they apologized to the door -a habit so deeply ingrained that it extended even to inanimate objects, like the poles they walked into.

They scrambled to their desk, hands trembling with a mix of anticipation and anxiety, as they tore open the envelope. However, instead of finding a traditional letter, a small, disk-like device tumbled out, making a clattering sound as it landed on their desk.

A confused noise escaped [Name]'s lips as they activated the device, and a hologram flickered to life. A disheveled-looking male figure appeared, his shaggy hair and black bodysuit exuding an unmistakable emo vibe. Dark bags under his eyes hinted at a lack of sleep.

"....hello, [Name] [Last Name]," the holographic figure droned, sounding as if he were recording the message under gunpoint. "You have passed the written exam with an 85%, and the practical exam with 85 points, 56 battle points, and 29 hero points. You have placed 1st and are in Class 1-A." The monotony of his tone suggested a lack of enthusiasm. "Done."

"Come on, Shouta! Show more spirit!" A male voice echoed from behind the camera.

Shouta groaned, "Welcome to your academia, [Last Name] [Name]. Plus Ultra." He waved his fist lazily in the air, as if reluctantly participating in some party.

"Good enough!" The screen turned black. [Name] blinked repeatedly, unable to believe what they just witnessed. Until it finally sank in.

"Hell yeah!!!" Bursting with joy, they yelled, jumping up and down in sheer happiness.

"Oi! Keep it down, brat!" A voice yelled in irritation, the disgruntled complaint coming from [Name]'s next-door neighbor.

In the apartment complex, [Name] lived a life marked by the constant absence of their parents, who were often away on work trips.

"Whoops! Sorry, Konizaka-san!" [Name] replied back sheepishly, trying not to let the grumbling from the other side of the wall ruin the happiness of the day.

[Name] was determined not to let Konizaka spoil the joy of what was one of the happiest days they'd had in a long time.

After watching the acceptance video a week ago, [Name] was excited to start their first day at U.A. The school had quickly sent their uniform as soon as they received the acceptance disk.

Wanting to make sure they felt comfortable, [Name] emailed Principal Nezu about their preferred uniform. This made them feel confident as they headed into their first day of classes decked out in their uniform.

Principal Nezu happily agreed to [Name]'s request, making sure they felt comfortable at school. He assured them that there was a gender-neutral bathroom available on each floor and explained different uniform options for students to choose from.

A nervous sigh escaped [Name] as they stood before the door leading into Class 1-A. Mentally pep-talking themselves, they tried to summon the courage to step inside.

"...[Last Name]-san?"

Startled, [Name] let out a small squeal and turned around to find Jirou. "Oh, Jirou! You scared me!"

Despite the surprise, [Name] greeted Jirou with a warm smile, a hint of embarrassment lingering on their face.

"I am not surprised, you are just standing there," Jirou bluntly said as she twirled her earphone jacks with her finger.

With an awkward laugh, [Name] opened the door, gesturing for Jirou to enter first. Following Jirou into the classroom, [Name] scanned for an unoccupied seat.

Observing the name tags on the desks, a small smile tugged at [Name]'s lips upon realizing they would be sitting diagonally across from Jirou. It brought a sense of comfort to have a friend nearby. Sitting by the windows made [Name] feel like they were in an anime, giving them that special "main character" feeling.

Settling down, [Name] placed their bag on their desk.

"What do you think we'll be doing today?" [Name] inquired, turning to Jirou as they both arranged their belongings on their respective desks.

"Of course, we are going to orientation," Jirou mumbled, casually dropping her bag to the floor. [Name] hummed in agreement, their attention caught by the commotion unfolding near the door.

"Ugh, first day of school drama," [Name] grumbled in annoyance, eyeing a blond male engaged in a heated argument with another boy, the one who reprimanded Midoriya.

"Looks like we're in for some lively classmates," Jirou commented with a slight scoff, both of them watching the unfolding scene with a mix of curiosity and mild irritation.

They caught sight of Midoriya engaged in a lively conversation with Uraraka and Iida. However, what stole [Name]'s attention was the distinct, unmistakable presence of a sleeping bag.

It was a yellow sleeping bag, inconspicuously nestled behind Midoriya and company. They assumed it was the teacher as there were 21 students already. With a subtle smirk, [Name] realized they were the only one in the room who seemed to have noticed the unconventional homeroom teacher's presence.

Acknowledging the teacher's presence with a subtle nod, [Name] received a barely perceptible twitch of his eyes in response, indicating that their covert exchange had been noticed. It felt like a silent agreement between them, as they kept quiet about him for now.

"They probably would've noticed the teacher by now," [Name] remarked. Before Jirou could respond, a caterpillar emerged from the crowd of students, blocking the door.

"Oi, get in your seats," the command came from the caterpillar, and the entire room hushed as they turned their attention to him. He transformed from a butterfly into a human as he crawled out of his yellow sleeping bag. "About time you noticed me. Took everyone 5 seconds to quiet down and longer to notice me. Too slow." He nonchalantly pulled out a packet of juice, taking a long sip as he narrowed his eyes at the students.

"Go to the locker rooms and change into the P.E uniform," he ordered, presenting the P.E uniform seemingly out of nowhere. "My name is Aizawa, and I am your homeroom teacher." Aizawa-sensei donned a Cheshire grin, and a sudden realization struck [Name]: their homeroom teacher was the same person from the hologram video! [Name] couldn't believe their luck.

Aizawa-sensei's sharp eyes swept across the room as he inquired, "Also, who is [Name] [Last Name]?" [Name] promptly raised their hand, feeling the collective gaze of their new classmates shift toward them.

"Good. Nezu briefed me about you. Here's your uniform. Head to the gender-neutral bathroom to change. I assume you know where it is?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you very much." [Name] flashed a grateful smile, appreciating Nezu's commitment to accommodating their preferences and mailing them a map with all the gender-neutral bathroom locations.

"Good. You've got 15 minutes. Anyone who's late will face expulsion." Aizawa-sensei's stern warning injected a sense of urgency into the room, prompting a flurry of activity as students hurriedly maneuvered through the crowded space, anxious to make it to the locker rooms within the allotted time.

------------------

I hope everyone's here." Aizawa-sensei, his usual disheveled look on full display, stood before the class gathered on the open field. Students glanced around, silently confirming that all their classmates were present and accounted for.

"Good. We're having a quirk assessment now."

"But what about the orientation?" A girl with rosy cheeks voiced her surprise. As the crowd bombarded Aizawa-sensei with questions about his unconventional teaching methods, [Name] found their attention wandering.

"Fine. Whoever is at the bottom of the list will be expelled-" [Name] snapped out of their daydream upon hearing the uproar from other students. Aizawa-sensei, however, cut through the commotion, delivering a stern lecture about life's inherent unfairness.

"Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. It's the arch of the universe. Everything that comes to life eventually ceases to exist," [Name] mumbled under their breath, recalling someone else sharing those somber words with them. The other students were too engrossed in their own reactions to Aizawa-sensei's announcement to notice [Name]'s quiet reflection.

Aizawa-sensei, with his sharp observation skills, overheard [Name]'s quiet words. He couldn't help but be curious about the level of thinking [Name] displayed in reaching such a philosophical conclusion, which seemed more profound than what one might expect from a teenager.

"[Name]," Aizawa-sensei's voice cut through the chatter, drawing [Name]'s focus toward him. As the highest scorer in the exam, they were now tasked with demonstrating the rules for the upcoming assessment.

Agreeing with a nod, [Name] moved away from the group. Aizawa-sensei pointed them toward a white circle outlined on the practice field. [Name] absentmindedly hummed their favorite tune, the melody tinged with a touch of apprehension as they entered the marked circle.

"Good. What is your record for the highest throw?"

At that moment, realization dawned upon [Name]. The nature of this assessment became clear.

"42 meters, sensei," [Name] responded.

Aizawa-sensei nodded and then instructed, "Throw the ball, but use your quirk." He tossed the baseball at [Name], who effortlessly caught it and gently placed it on the ground.

The students whispered in confusion, but [Name] paid no heed. Retrieving their necklace from beneath the P.E uniform collar, they questioned, "Any restrictions, sir?"

"Only to stay in the circle," Aizawa-sensei replied.

A small smirk played on [Name]'s lips.

[Name] firmly clutched their necklace. "The key which hides the power of the Stars!" A radiant star pentagon materialized beneath [Name]'s feet. The other students looked on in awe, captivated by the unfolding spectacle. "Show your true form before me! I, [Name], command you under our contract. Release, Kageyama Shiego!" The key that dangled from [Name]'s neck transformed into an elegant staff.

A radiant glow emanated from [Name]'s pouch. The tie, securing the opening, unwound itself, and a vivid purple card gracefully floated out, hovering in front of [Name].

With a tight grip on the staff, [Name] spun it skillfully. Assuming a dramatic pose, they swung the staff, tapping the luminous card. Bathed in a brilliant light, [Name]'s attire underwent a magical transformation.

[Name] donned a traditional male gakuran uniform, the dark fabric emphasizing their aura of mystery. White sneakers adorned their feet, and a neutral expression, typical of their card-like demeanor, graced their face (for fun they like to act as their card).

Seemingly indifferent to their surroundings, [Name] concentrated their powers on the baseball at hand, a shimmer of both purple and blue enveloping them and the ball.

Aizawa-sensei's interest piqued as he watched the captivating performance orchestrated by [Name].

Without a sound, [Name] tapped into their abilities, propelling the ball forward. A thunderous boom echoed through the air as the baseball rocketed skyward, vanishing into the distance without a trace.

Aizawa-sensei, glancing at his measuring device, saw the numbers steadily climbing, surpassing an impressive 900 meters.

"[Name], stop. I'm aware you could extend this, but we don't have all day."

"Sure, sensei." With a deliberate gesture, [Name] ceased their esper powers, causing the shimmering aura surrounding them to dissipate. Aizawa-sensei unveiled the measuring device, revealing the remarkable distance of '1259 meters'. Gasps and murmurs of awe spread through the students like ripples on a pond as they digested the astonishing figure.

"Now, utilize your quirks to the fullest. Plus Ultra," Aizawa-sensei declared with a mischievous chuckle, sending a wave of nervousness through the assembled students.

Test 1: 150 Meters

[Name] let out a thoughtful hum, assuming a calm posture as they awaited the cue to unleash their esper abilities. A quick glance identified their partner for this intriguing "race" - a young woman with long, flowing black hair, radiating an aura of confidence. She confidently rode a scooter, likely created using her unique quirk.

Fascination flickered in [Name]'s eyes as they pondered the nature of their classmate's ability. 'This should be interesting,' they mused, determined to figure out if they are right.

"I wish you the best of luck," [Name] offered a sweet smile to their competitor, their competitive spirit emerging for the challenges ahead.

"O-Oh, you too!" The female responded, mirroring [Name]'s smile.

"I know I will," [Name] declared with confidence. This side of them only comes out when they are competing with others.

The teen appeared surprised by [Name]'s confidence. However, before she could reply, the bot signaled the start of the race. A swirl of purple and blue hues surrounded [Name], and in a blink, they reappeared at the opposite end of the track.

"0.10 Seconds," the bot screeched, confirming [Name]'s remarkably swift feat.

With a confident smirk, [Name] walked towards the group of students, eager for the next exam to begin. They didn't dwell on the girl's performance, instead scanning the crowd for Kaminari and Jirou.

"Wow! That's so manly!" exclaimed a male with striking red hair styled into two horns, his sharp teeth reminiscent of a shark.

"Thank you. I'm confident you'll do splendidly too," [Name] replied, offering the male an encouraging smile.

'You wish,' [Name] thought, a haughty smirk internally.

"Thanks. I'm Kirishima Eijirou," Kirishima beamed. [Name] winced a bit at the radiance emanating from Kirishima.

"Nice to meet you," [Name] said, introducing themselves. "I'm [Last Name] [Name], and please use they/them pronouns." They glanced around, hoping to spot their friends and excuse themselves from the conversation, feeling a wave of social anxiety wash over them.

"That was impressive, [Nickname]!" A male with striking yellow hair and a streak of black called out to [Name]. They beamed as they noticed it was Kaminari.

[Name] grinned, "Thanks, Kami. I'm looking forward to seeing yours and Ji's."

"This is such a drag," Jirou sighed as she followed behind Kaminari.

The four students found themselves engaged in conversation as the assessment continued.

Test 2: Grip Strength

"540 kilograms?! What are you, a gorilla?" The boy with black hair and a plain face spoke, standing alongside Kaminari and the shortest boy [Name] had ever seen, addressing another male with a face mask and silver hair. He somewhat resembled Kakashi from her Clow Cards.

[Name] glanced at the device meant to measure students' strength and clicked their tongue in disapproval. Opting to showcase their own strength, they activated their powers and squeezed the device, unintentionally breaking it. They showed no surprise at the outcome, appearing rather unfazed by the turn of events.

"Whoops," [Name] deadpanned as they used their telekinesis to levitate the broken device, presenting it to Aizawa-sensei.

Aizawa-sensei grunted, recording the maximum strength on the device. "Don't worry, the school will replace it."

[Name] nodded, feeling a slight sense of relief knowing they wouldn't have to pay for the repairs. It would've been strange if U.A. couldn't replace a device after witnessing the destruction of numerous robots during the entrance exam.

"That is so cool! My name is Sero Hanta!" The unassuming boy exclaimed as Kaminari and the diminutive individual marveled at [Name]'s score.

"Sorry. I stole your fans," [Name] casually shrugged, eyeing the student who resembled Kakashi.

"Take them. The name is Shoji Mezo." The newly introduced Shoji nodded appreciatively at [Name]'s nonchalant acknowledgment.

Test 3: Standing Long Jump

Aizawa-sensei laid out the objective, and [Name] found themselves contemplating the extent of their demonstration.

After a short internal debate, [Name] opted to perform a jump, landing a few feet away from the sandbox with a subtle shimmering glow. The tests seemed manageable for [Name] up to this point. However, they couldn't shake off the worry about challenges that might test their stamina. In this transformed state, resembling Kageyama Shigeo, aka Mob, [Name] was aware that endurance was a weak point. The looming uncertainty of such tests burdened their mind, knowing it could be an area where they might struggle. Unless they used their esper abilities for that part.

Test 4: Repeated Side Steps

Feeling a wave of nausea, [Name] couldn't shake the queasy sensation after pushing their powers to the limit, becoming a blur during the test. Despite the discomfort, they couldn't figure out who secured the first-place spot, especially after witnessing the midget's clever strategy of using the balls from his head to maneuver through the challenges, making him unstoppable.

Test 5: Ball Throw

[Name] found their attention waning, only perking up when it was time to cheer on Jirou and Kaminari during their turns. However, the one who truly caught [Name]'s interest was the girl who managed to score infinity! The thought even crossed their mind of attempting the same feat, maybe utilizing Chuuya's powers instead.

As the final participant, Midoriya, stepped up to the white circle, they couldn't help but notice the anxiety in the green-haired boy's demeanor. [Name] had attempted to inquire about Midoriya's quirk before but was met with evasion, prompting them to stop asking. Gripping the ball, Midoriya prepared for his throw.

The announcement of '46 meters' left [Name] puzzled, as the boy's throw didn't seem particularly remarkable. [Name] even rubbed their eyes, momentarily questioning if they had seen the boy's arm glowing, indicating the use of his quirk.

"I erased your quirk," Aizawa-sensei declared, his hair fluttering as it seemingly detached from around him. [Name] felt a surge of excitement, likening the sight to Dazai's clow card. The prospect of becoming a fan of Aizawa-sensei loomed on [Name]'s horizon.

The enthusiasm waned as Aizawa-sensei delivered a harsh critique. "That entrance exam must have been faulty this year if they let someone like you in. Seeing as your bones break after using your quirk. Newsflash, on the field, something like this will definitely lead to someone getting killed." The boy seemed affected by the words, and [Name] could swear they saw tears welling up in his eyes.

[Name] couldn't dispute Aizawa-sensei's rationale, acknowledging the validity of his concerns. If the kid continued breaking his bones, pursuing a career as a hero seemed impractical. However, as a teacher, wasn't Aizawa-sensei supposed to guide and assist his students in mastering their quirks? They grappled with the swift dismissal, unable to fathom why people were so quick to write off others without giving them a chance.

"I could already tell you can't control your quirk. Do you really plan to break yourself and have other heroes come to save you?" Aizawa-sensei's glare intensified, directed at the green-haired boy.

"That isn't my intention-" the boy attempted to defend himself.

"Even if it's not your intention, I'm saying that someone will bear the brunt of your actions because you have no control over your quirk whatsoever. No one has the luxury you would create on scenes. Heroes and civilians alike can't just come to save you when you break your bones like a doll. Sorry, kid, but with your power, you aren't suited for hero work." Aizawa-sensei's words landed heavily, and the kid looked on the verge of breaking down.

[Name] struggled to comprehend the weight of Aizawa-sensei's words. While they understood his perspective, the notion of a teacher essentially telling someone to give up felt disheartening. Shouldn't a teacher be dedicated to helping their students improve? Wasn't that the essence of U.A.-to mold them into heroes?

Unable to contain themselves, [Name] shouted out to the kid, "Oi!"

Ignoring the startled looks from the class and Aizawa-sensei's disapproving gaze, [Name] focused on Midoriya, who gasped in surprise.

"The moment you consider giving up, remember why you fought so hard to begin with!" [Name] exclaimed, their eyes clenched shut, pouring their heart into their words. The green-haired boy gazed at [Name] with appreciation, as if their encouragement had reignited a flicker of hope within him.

As Aizawa-sensei observed the change in the boy's demeanor, he sensed a shift occurring within him. The mood in the room seemed to lift as others absorbed the impact of [Name]'s heartfelt words. Aizawa-sensei, though typically stern, harbored a glimmer of hope that he hadn't made a mistake in offering the boy another opportunity.

"Heh, seems like you've got some people in your corner. Don't disappoint them, and especially me," Aizawa-sensei grinned, tossing the ball to the boy. "I returned your quirk. You have a second shot. Hurry up and throw the ball."

"Wow! That's so manly!" Kirishima exclaimed, pumping his fist with sparkles dancing around him.

[Name]'s face warmed at his words. "I just spoke my mind."

[Name] watched intently as the boy prepared for another throw, noticing the strained smile on his face yet detecting a glimmer of gratitude in his eyes.

With a subtle nod, [Name] silently urged him to give it his all. The green-haired student took a series of deep breaths before launching the ball into the air. As his index finger glowed and the ball accelerated to its maximum speed, gasps of awe resonated throughout the room. Despite the uncertainty surrounding Midoriya's quirk, [Name] couldn't help but feel confident in his abilities. They couldn't shake the thought of why Midoriya had been hesitant to share his quirk with them, but they remained convinced that with the right guidance, he had the potential to become an exceptional hero.

"...705.3," Aizawa-sensei announced to the class.

"Aizawa-sensei," the greenette turned to face him, "I can still move." He let out a shaky grin, demonstrating his ability to move his hand.

"This kid," Aizawa-sensei mumbled to himself with a manic grin, unnerving some of the students.

The moment took an unexpected turn as a blond kid suddenly started shouting out of nowhere.

As the blond boy shouted in disbelief, using his quirk to propel himself at Midoriya, [Name] tilted their head in confusion. Midoriya had introduced himself as Midoriya Izuku, not Deku. It was possible that Deku was his real name, but [Name] found it hard to believe that anyone would willingly go by a name like 'Deku.' They briefly wondered if Midoriya had changed his first name to Izuku, perhaps to avoid the implications of a name like Deku. However, [Name] quickly dismissed these thoughts, realizing that the truth behind Midoriya's name wasn't as important as the situation unfolding before them.

"Leave him alone," [Name] said, bringing up their palm and using their powers to halt the blond boy in his tracks.

"Oi! Let go of me, Bitch!" The barking Chihuahua yelled, attempting to use his quirk on [Name].

However, [Name] maintained a tight hold on him, and soon, explosions erupted from his palms. A few moments later, the blond boy squawked, realizing that his quirk seemed to be nullified.

"Hah?!" The boy yelled.

"Stop it. Don't make me use my quirk repeatedly," Aizawa-sensei explained, his hair floating in the air.

[Name] made a mental note to observe the signs of Aizawa-sensei using his quirk. It could prove useful in the future.

"We are wasting time. [Name], let him go. Let's start the next exam." Aizawa-sensei nodded at [Name], appreciating the assistance. [Name] 'tsk'ed as they released their hold on the blond kid.

Following the incident with Midoriya, the rest of the test unfolded for [Name]. They found themselves struggling as they moved through the different exercises. The sit-ups and push-up tests were particularly challenging for them, and they knew they hadn't performed as well as they would have liked. However, when it came to the long mile test, things took a turn. [Name] discovered that using their telekinetic powers to glide around the track made the task considerably easier.

Finally, Aizawa-sensei gathered the students for the final results.

"Here are the final results," the teacher declared, projecting a hologram with the rankings. [Name] anxiously read the scores from the top of the list. By this time, they had changed back into their P.E. uniform.

1. [Last name] [Name]

2. Yayorozu Momo

3. Todoroki Shouto

4. Bakugo Katsuki

5. Iida Tenya

6. Tokoyami Fumikage

7. Shoji Mezou

8. Ojiro Mashiro

9. Kirishima Eijrou

10. Ashido Mina

11. Uraraka Ochaco

12. Koda Koji

13. Sato Rikido

14. Asui Tsuyu

15. Aoyama Yuga

16. Sero Hanta

17. Kaminari Denki

18. Jirou Kyoka

19. Hakagure Tooru

20. Mineta Minoru

21. Midoriya Izuku

A heavy sigh escaped [Name] as they perused the name of the student who secured the last spot. Aizawa-sensei's threat of expulsion had been palpably real.

Switching off the hologram, Aizawa-sensei directed his gaze at the class. "By the way, I was lying about the expulsion."

An eerie silence settled over the class as they absorbed the revelation.

Aizawa-sensei's justification echoed through the room, "It was a rational deception to bring out the best in everyone."

"What?!" A collective chorus of exclamations erupted from everyone except [Name], who couldn't help but roll their eyes at the sheer gullibility displayed by their classmates. It seemed as though no one had stopped to consider the teacher's track record, which was surprising to [Name], to say the least.

"Obviously, it was a bluff," remarked the girl [Name] had raced against in the 50 meters.

"Don't be naive," [Name] retorted. The girl gasped in shock at [Name]'s statement.

How could she be so wrong?

A hush fell over the room as everyone turned their attention to [Name]. "Haven't any of you heard? Aizawa-sensei expelled an entire classroom of students last year. The only reason we're still here is that Aizawa-sensei sees something in each of us."

The revelation rippled through the students, sparking disbelief and whispers.

"That's pretty cool! Knowing Aizawa-sensei sees us as future heroes is awesome!" Kaminari cheered, pumping his arm into the air.

Aizawa-sensei rolled his eyes and said, "Even if I did, don't let it get to your heads. We're done for today. Grab the handouts in the classroom. Make sure to go over them. I'll answer questions about it tomorrow during homeroom."

The fatigued teacher then turned to Midoriya, "Midoriya, take this note to the nurse's office. Heal up, everyone. Tomorrow is packed with rigorous tests. Prepare yourselves."

After Aizawa-sensei left, everyone buzzed with discussion. Some students were still processing the intensity of the day's events. [Name], however, found themselves at the center of attention as their classmates turned towards them with curious expressions.

"Hey, [Name], how did you know about Aizawa-sensei expelling a whole class last year?" Kaminari asked, his eyes wide with curiosity.

[Name] chuckled. "Well, it's not some secret I have. I just read about it on the U.A. forum a while back. People were talking about the toughness of one of the homeroom teacher, Aizawa-sensei. It just didn't say his pro-hero name, which is understandable."

"Wait, you knew that?" Kirishima exclaimed. "And you didn't tell us?"

"I didn't think it was a big deal. Plus, Aizawa-sensei is probably trying to motivate us. Teachers do that, you know?" [Name] explained.

Jirou chimed in with a chuckle, "So, you're like an undercover information agent or something?"

[Name] grinned. "Nah, just someone who spends a bit too much time on the internet. But hey, it's good to know what we're getting into, right?"

The classmates nodded, with some still trying to wrap their heads around the notion that their teacher had expelled an entire class in the past.

And with that, the first day of school came to an end.

[Name] hurriedly ran up to Midoriya's retreating form and said, "Hey!"

Midoriya turned around in astonishment.

"O-oh, [Last Name]-san," Midoriya mumbled. "It's nice to see you again, and thank you for back there. I am glad we're in the same class!"

[Name] shook their head, "No problem, and I am happy about that too. Let's walk together!"

Midoriya nodded, but before he could say anything, someone else called out. The duo turned around to see Iida waving at them.

"Oh! Hello, Iida!" Midoriya greeted.

"Hello, [Last Name], Midoriya!" The boy greeted them as they began walking together. "Has your finger healed?"

"Yeah, thanks to Recovery Girl," Midoriya replied, showing his bandaged finger. Iida nodded in approval.

"I was taken aback by Aizawa-sensei," Iida said with a thoughtful expression. "I even thought 'this is the best of the best' and everything. I didn't think our teacher would lie to us."

"It wasn't a lie though," [Name] pointed out. "He just wanted us to go all out."

[Name] avoided mentioning the fact that Aizawa-sensei was targeting Midoriya when he mentioned the expulsion. Midoriya had enough on his plate; it was better not to add more to it.

"Hey! Wait for me!" A female voice called out to the trio.

"Are you guys going to the train station? Wait for me then!" The girl smiled at them. Unnoticed by everyone, [Name]'s cheeks warmed up at the girl's smile. So far, all their classmates were good-looking, except for that midget. He gave them the creeps for some odd reason.

"You're the infinity girl," Iida noticed.

The cute girl didn't look the least bit bothered by the nickname. "My name is Uraraka Ochaco. Your names are Iida Tenya, [Last Name] [Name], and...Midoriya Deku, right?"

"O-Oh! My name isn't Deku!" Midoriya looked frazzled by Uraraka's introduction.

"Huh? But the Bakugo kid called you "Deku, you bastard" or something like that?" Uraraka taps her chin in thought as she explains her reasoning.

"Uh...my name is Midoriya Izuku. Deku is something Kacchan calls me as an insult," Midoriya said as he scratched his cheek, blushing.

"An insult," Iida empathizes.

"Doesn't that sound like Dekiru...you can do it?" [Name] interjects. "I assume that is what Uraraka is going for."

"Yeah! That is why I kinda like it." Uraraka rubs her nape as she sheepishly smiles.

"I'm Deku!" Midoriya covers his face to not display he is blushing.

'Well isn't that easy,' [Name] thought.

"Midoriya," Iida said in confusion. "You are accepting that even if it is an insult."

[Name] nods in agreement.

"It's like the Copernican Revolution," Midoriya mutters out in embarrassment.

"Oh! [Last Name]-san I have a question about your quirk," Uraraka steers the conversation away. [Name] hums as Uraraka took that as a sign to ask. "What is that mini-performance all about?"

[Name] brings out their necklace from under their shirt. "It is used to bring out my clow cards. I have quite a collection from over the years."

"Clow cards?" Iida adjusts his glasses.

"Yeah, it is basically cards that have their own attributes and powers." [Name] gave an overly simplified version.

And like that [Name] gives a simplified version of their powers as they walk to the train station.

------------------

Edit: 11/10/23

Note: Redid the writing which I hope everyone likes and also added a few new scenes to flush out the chapter better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.9K 14
โ€ขยฐ. *เฟ โ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ, ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ง๐?โž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง...
100K 1.9K 6
[ ๐—ฉ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ! ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—›๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ข ๐—”๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐— ๐—œ๐—” ๐—ซ ๐—™๐—˜๐— ! ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฅ , ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ, ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข ] โ...
79.9K 1.3K 15
Just a book about our favorite BNHA characters! I DON'T OWN THE CHARACTERS OR THE ARTWORK (unless I specifically say I drew it) Published 4...
39.2K 811 45
U.A has officially started up once again, with the Sports Festival coming up Y/N is determined to give it his all during it, but what if the journey...