My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

By queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... More

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 83.

928 45 4
By queensofsupreme

Annette's POV.

I kept crying in my room the whole day. I know my mother made the deal with Elijah so the case would disappear and no one would ever find out about it but I miss my children. I want my babies back since everyone knows I am still alive.

"Annette." My mom entered my room.  "You need to change your clothes, it's so smelly and there's blood on it." 

"What's the use of changing when I am not going anywhere." I mumbled. 

"Sweetheart, crying in your room the whole day won't get you anywhere in life. Trust me, Elijah doesn't even know you are crying right now so stop crying." 

"But mom I want to be with the kids too. They are young and they need their mother." I said. "Mom, I left my children with Elijah because I didn't want to be a bad mother by taking them away from their father."

"I know honey. You always put others before yourself." She sat down on my bed. "Come lie on my lap." She said so I lay my head on her lap. "Annette in life sometimes we need to use our loved ones to get what we want. Sometimes we have o do everything we can to make sure the family stays together so rather than crying here in your room you should be thinking of getting help from the people closest to Elijah rather than doing it all by yourself."

"But mom everyone hates me right now no one will help me."

"Everyone is just a bit angry that you disappeared." She massaged my head. "But there is someone that would do anything for Elijah even if he hates you."

"Oliver can't help me because Elijah will convince him and turn him against me." I said and she pulled my hair. "Mom!"

"Annette use Benjamin, not Oliver." She rolled her eyes. "Sometimes I wonder if you have a brain." 

"Mom!" I pouted.

"I'm joking kiddo." She pulled my cheek.

"Mom, how should I get Uncle Benjamin's help."

"Well, Benjamin loves Elijah and Benjamin knew you are alive so start thinking about those two things. Love and Lie." 

"I still don't get it." I told her.

"Honey, Benjamin loves Elijah a lot which means he would never want Elijah to find out he knew you were alive before Elijah was kidnapped." She said. "So ask him to help you get closer with your children and in return you will keep that secret."

"I don't know how you come up with these ideas mom. Do you really think it will work because Uncle Benuamin will take it as a thre--."

"Don't think much about what Benjamin will think about you." She interrupted me. "Honey, you won't even tell Elijah his father knew you were alive if Benjamin turns you down." 

"That's a good idea." I said.

"Yes. So remember every game like this usually has two players, it can never be only one player so start thinking about Elijah as your opponent and win against him, don't let him get rid of you so easily. And keep in mind that you are my daughter, the most kind hearted person on this planet and no losing to Elijah."

"Yes mom." I agreed. "I won't lose my babies to anyone, I just want to be with the fam but grandpa--."

"Don't think about him." She quickly said. "I know how to convince him to be on your side and to forgive you for breaking your promise. So just focus on yourself and your family."

"Thank you mom." I got up and hugged her. "Can I help you with your life too?"

"Annette, no one ever needs to help me. You see, I have been in this game for too long. I always win against everyone. It was first my dad who was against Marko, then his family that hated me, and now it's Marko who is angry with me." She smiled. "I can handle my husband and very soon he will go back to the caring Marko he used to be. Just don't worry about my relationship with your father."

"How long will the lie about your pregnancy keep you happy?" I asked.

"It's temporary." She patted my cheek. "I lied at that moment because I was just scared our family would break because of your fake death but I promise I will tell him soon. I will tell him about the pregnancy soon." She smiled. "No more lies and keeping things from your father."

"You the best mother in the world." I told her. "I love you so much." 

"I love you more." She kissed me. "Call me if you ever need help." She left me alone in my room.

I took the car keys from the table and my coat before leaving the house. I need to ask Uncle Benjamin to help me. After all, I did help him save his son.

I miss going to his company, I hope he is still there. 

I arrived at the company so I quickly put my coat on. I look horrible but I am sure people won't care.

I entered the building and everyone that saw me kept staring at me. I really do look horrible, I have to start showering and getting a good night sleep. 

I took the elevator and went straight to Uncle Benjamin's office. 

I knock on his door before entering. 

"You look horrible!." He said and I giggled.

"That's how you greet me, Uncle." I pulled the chair and took a seat.

"What are you doing in my office? Annette, you look horrible." He said. "Get up, that chair isn't for you." 

"You really haven't changed a bit." I smiled. "I missed you uncle."

"Trust me, I didn't." He mumbled.

"I heard you cried at my funeral." I laughed. "I didn't know you loved me so much."

"I only cried because I didn't want Elijah and Sofia saying I hate you which I do." He smiled. "So what are you here for?"

"Help." I answered. "You promised to help me if I ever need help so I need you to help me now."

"I never promised anything, I just asked you to do a small favor for me and you did." He smiled. "And thank you for that, kid."

"Uncle, Please." I begged.

"Fine." I knew he would agree. "What do you want me to help you with."

"It's a small favor, I just want you to ask Elijah to let me see my children." I said and he laughed.

"It's a small favor." He mimicked. "You a funny kid."

"They are my children!" I stated.

"You left them." He said. "Annette you can't leave your children and expect people to let you in their life whenever you want. It's like giving your kids up for adoption and coming back a year later to claim them when you never wanted them in the first place."

"There is a difference. I never give my babies up for adoption." 

"That's right." He shook his head. "You just left them and faked your death. Do you know that your kids could've ended up in an orphanage if they were not Carsons? Annette, the two families even fought over the kids so you are indeed worse than someone who gave their kids up for adoption and came back for them."

"Uncle please." I begged.

"I'm sorry, but you have been gone for so long, a lot of things changed. Elijah is mature, he is also overprotective of the kids. He won't listen to me." 

"Well, I did help you save him." I said. "Uncle, I would still be dead to everyone if it wasn't for you."

"Say that a bit louder so that people can hear you."

"Come on Uncle." I said. "At least meet me halfway."

"Meet you halfway? Annette you didn't even do anything to be met halfway. Elijah can't even see your face and you told the media there is a custody fight so kiddo you just made Elijah hate you more not love you so I can't help you."

"Well, imagine if I also tell everyone you knew I was alive before everyone else and you decided to hide it from everyone else." I said.

"You want to blackmail me?" He smiled. "With what proof?"

"I have enough proof on my phone. Even the text messages between us." I hate doing this but it's my only option.

"Really?" He opened his drawer. "This is your proof." He showed me my phone. "Take it and show it to everyone." I tried to take my phone from him but he dropped it on the floor. "Sorry." He started stepping on my phone. "I did wipe your phone but I enjoy breaking stuff."

"Uncle, why are you doing this to me?" I asked. "Wouldn't you want your children to have their mother?" 

"My kids already have their mother." He replied. "I am really sorry Annette but I can't help you when you not helping yourself."

"Forget I even asked for your help." I got up. "Thank you for nothing." I left his office. Everyone is giving me different advice. Mom thinks I should use Uncle Benjamin and Uncle Benjamin thinks I should help myself.  No wonder they don't like each other. 

I saw Elijah coming so I went into the PA's office. I can't believe they didn't get a new PA. Maybe I can apply for the job?

Elijah went past so I came out of the office. I wonder where he went? Did he perhaps go to Uncle Ben? I need to go back and see for myself. Maybe I can eavesdrop and find out about their project and then I can tell everything to Kai who can help me get close to Elijah. I knew I could help myself. 

I stood outside Uncle Benjamin's room. No one is coming so it's safe to listen to their conversation. 

"Why do we have to talk about that thing, Dad." I heard Elijah. I miss his voice so much but what thing is he talking about

"Come on Eli, you really don't expect me to believe you hate her ." Uncle Benjamin said. I can't believe Elijah calls me a thing, that disrespectful spoil brat.

"I really do. In fact, I am going to be attending her funeral soon." He said. I really hurt him a lot, I wish he knew the truth and the fact I never wanted to leave him.

"She didn't die Elijah." Uncle Benjamin told him. "And she's the mother of your children." 

"Dad she only carried my children, she's not their mother." Why the fuck does he have to be so fucking stubborn. If it was the other way around I would've forgiven him. 

I saw Kai coming so I ran to him. I can't let him interrupt Uncle Benjamin and Elijah when they are talking about me. What if Uncle Benjamin never gets another chance to convince Elijah to let me see the kids. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 4.6K 28
Book 2 of The Mismatch series. *** When the 'dead' ex is back in his life, leaving him with many...
141K 3.8K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
2.1M 61.4K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
2.5M 93.5K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...