The Quintessential quintuplet...

By shadowmonarch325

I am including Kiyo x Quints here. He will tutor them and slowly they will fall in love with him Kiyo will be... More

Prologue
1. Advanced Nurturing High School
2. The Quintuplets
2.2 Tutor
2.3 S- system
3.1 New life
3.2 Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for waiting
3.3 Swimming race
3.4 Sisters
4.1 Class of defectives
4.2 Preparations
4.3 Victim of Pride and Envy
4.4 TWO-FACED ANGEL MEETS THE DEVIL
4.5 What it means to be a human
5.1 Midterms (PREPARATIONS)
5.2 Midterms (TEST PAPERS)
5.3 Midterms ( THE AFTERMATH)
5.4 Victory Celebration
VOLUME 1 SS: THE BIRTHDAY
6.1 Sudden invitation
6.2 First Love
6.3 Horrible Human being
7.1 Summer Vacation On A Cruise!?
7.2 A sudden announcement
7.4 SPECIAL EXAM! PART 2
7.5 Special Exam! Part 3
8.1 Failures of Yamauchi Haruki
8.2 Class-C's Strategy
8.3 Rivals
8.4 Dismay
Spoilers
Spoilers 2
Spoilers 3
Spoilers 4 Kiyokei wholesome
8.5 The devil's Soliloquy
8.6 The Curtain Rises
8.7 The masterplan
9.1 Another Exam?
New story
Spoilers for yr 2 vol 7
9.2 Nino joins the Exam
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 1
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 2
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations part 3
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 4
9.3 Rules of the Exam
9.4 A deal

7.3 Special Exam! Part 1

3.9K 179 104
By shadowmonarch325

Ayanokoji POV

"Huh? Special test? What do you mean?"

 Almost everyone in our class asked some variation on that question. We'd all thought this was just a class trip, only to be hit by this surprise attack. Our summer vacation was a product of the school's goodwill, but that had been an illusion. We plummeted from relief into stark tension.

 "The test commences now and lasts for one week, concluding on August 7th at the year's end. This test will determine if you can live on a deserted island together as a group. In addition, I should warn you that this special test is both practical and realistic, designed based on real-world corporate training."

"What the— we barely had time for a break, and now we are having a special exam. This school is annoying." Muttered Nino who was just standing beside me on the other side.

"Living on a deserted island. Does that mean we're not staying on the boat, but the island?"

Some students from Class B and C voiced their obvious concerns. 

"You are correct. During the test, you will not be allowed to board the ship without a suitably justifiable reason. It will be necessary for you to fend for yourselves on this island while you are from creating a place to sleep to preparing food to eat. Once the test starts, each class will receive two tents and two flashlights. You will be provided with one box of matches. There is no limit to the amount of sunscreen you can have. Each student will be provided with one toothbrush. As a special case, girls will be allowed to have as many feminine sanitary products as they'd like, without any restrictions. Please ask your respective homeroom teachers for those. That is all." 

With that, the teachers began distributing the items.

Ike and some other students were protesting, but the teachers reprimanded them. Yamauchi tried to sneak off to the ship, but Mashima-sensei caught him and gave him a glare. He told that he will be expelled next time, which made Yamauchi pale.

"Kiyotaka,  what now?" asked Miku. 

Sigh! Should I help them? I don't want to but I think I should because getting low points would risk these girls their expulsion, which I do not want. I need to make sure to stay low. I need to risk my peaceful life here. And also, from the request of certain someone. I need to win this exam. (A/N: Yes, it's Chabashira, but the theme of blackmail is different here. And, don't comment before you know what it is.)

'Risking my freedom to protect my freedom, huh? How ironic'

"Wait until they tell us the rules," I replied.

"Haa, I see. You are so discontented with the exam." Mashima sensei said.

For some students, they want to enjoy the beach, taking a break from school. But, after the sudden announcement of the exam, many students were discontented. It was obvious.

"However, please do not worry. It would make sense for you to have complaints if you were being forced into a harsh situation. However, even though we're calling it a special test, there's no need to think about it in such unhappy terms. In the coming week, you can go swimming, or hold a barbecue. It wouldn't be a bad time for you to occasionally have a campfire and chat with friends, either. The theme of this special exam is 'freedom', after all."  He added.

"Huh? The theme is freedom? I'm so confused, right now?" Said Itsuki. I can sense that question was for me.

"But, this theme reminds me of certain someone," said Ichika with a devilish grin while looking at me. 

Even though this was a test, we were free to play. The contradiction confused the students, and our doubts only increased. 

"As a major part of this special test, we've decided to distribute 300 points to each class. By using your points well, you might be able to enjoy this week's special test just as you would a normal trip. We've also prepared a manual just for that purpose." 

Mashima-sensei received a booklet that looked to be a few dozen pages thick from another teacher. 

"This manual lists all of the ways you can obtain points. It also explains where to get drinking water and food, as well as essential necessities. If you wanted to have a barbecue, it explains how to prepare the equipment and ingredients. We also have numerous tools for you to be able to enjoy playing in the ocean to the fullest." 

Gradually, the students' grim expressions grew calmer.

"When this special test period is over, each class' remaining points will be added to their total class points. Your point totals will reflect this change once summer vacation is over." 

As he spoke, a gust of wind blew across the beach and kicked up a cloud of dust.  

Mashima-sensei's words were the greatest shock of the day. In previous examinations, they'd measured things like our academic abilities. Naturally, this was advantageous for students with a fundamentally high level of academic ability. Each time, we in Class D were forced into situations where we'd lose class points. However, the rules were completely different this time. This test was designed in a way that didn't create too much of a gap between Classes A and D. 

"So if we can endure this for one week, then starting next month we could see a huge increase in our allowance?!" Ike asked. 

And, blah blah blah. I will just skip this part

***

After the explanation that was given by Mashima-sensei, we faced another crisis. 

That is how to use points?

Most of the girls and some boys including Hirata were fighting whether to use the points for toilt or not. But the girls won due to Ichika and Itsuki and Yotsuba convincing, Nino and Miku giving deathly glares to boys.

Honestly, I don't care. But for girls having hygiene is important. So I don't mind using points for the toilet.

After that,

We left the toilet under the scorching sun. The inside of the tent would've been like a steam bath. (A/N: Poor toilet-kun.)

We walked from the beach toward a gigantic forest. One of the boys looked visibly shaken.

 "Is it really okay for us to go in there? We might get really lost. I can't see into it at all." 

That was precisely why we had the roll call rule and the emergency button installed on our wristwatches. We had to cooperate. If we didn't work together, then we'd probably end up panicking and spending our points as they grew on trees. 

"Wow, Itsuki-san. You are really amazing, aren't you? You take on everything that comes your way, even if you dislike it." 

"Umm, thank you." Itsuki thanked the girl

"You know what, Yotsuba-chan is also great. She is stronger than most of the wimpy boys. Look there even now, she is helping Hirata and Ayanokouji-kun." 

"Yes, she is the stronger one." Said Itsuki.

"Honestly, those wimps shouldn't even compare themselves to the likes of Yotsuba." said Nino

Hirata, still carrying the tent, walked ahead of Itsuki's group, who looked at him with admiration except for Nino and Itsuki. Incidentally, I was helping carry the luggage, too. I also carried the simple toilet made out of folded cardboard. I'd determined that if I didn't help now, extra work might come my way later. For the time being, I wanted to preemptively give the impression that I was helping. 

Nino was thanking Hirata for how he helped when we were fighting at the toilet, which Itsuki also commended him. Nino's not that hostile towards him nor does she fawn over him like the other girls. She just stayed neutral towards him. Itsuki was speaking about the future plans for the exam with Hirata.

Horikita, who was isolated from the other girls, calmly followed the group from the back. She would occasionally act as though she were going to stop, but then immediately started walking again. I slowed down a little bit until I was walking side by side with her. 

"Not in a good mood?" I asked. 

"To be honest, I'm depressed. These kinds of things just aren't for me. Life on an island seems primitive, and worst of all, I can't be alone." 

Enthusiastically joining in a group effort was far beyond Horikita's capabilities. I thought it would've been good to make an effort to fit in capabilities. I thought it would've been good to make an effort to fit in, but it would've been pointless to say that to her. I relented. 

"You know, what you said to me before might end up being true." 

Horikita wore a look of slight amusement. "This test will likely fall outside of my academic abilities. I'd determined that Ike-kun and Sudou-kun would be hindrances, but they took the initiative to go out searching. I wasn't able to do anything, because I kept debating what action to take. If they'd started moving quicker, they probably would've been able to find something useful." 

"Maybe. More importantly, though, are you okay?" 

"What do you mean?" She glared.

 I quickly said "Nothing," and averted my gaze. While talking with Horikita, I felt someone watching my back. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Sakura and Miku,  the former who was walking away in the back. When she noticed that I'd turned around, she got flustered and looked away.  Miku was pouting at me.

What did I seriously do? Does she perhaps hate Horikita? Does she not want me talking with her?

"What's the matter?" Horikita asked.

"Oh, nothing." Maybe I was being too nosy. I turned back around. 

"I wonder what the other classes will do. I've been curious about their movements. If Classes A and B intend to obtain as many points as possible, then we'll need to prepare as well. We can't let the difference between us widen." 

Horikita wore a serious expression on her face. In that respect, she had extraordinary resolve. Currently, we were separated from the other classes by a wide margin based solely on our academic abilities. 

For Horikita, who aimed to reach Class A, this was a fight she absolutely could not afford to lose.

"Reaching the top sure is tough, huh?" said Miku who caught up with us. She is panting very hard that she is sweating from head to ankles, which was quite alluring to look at. I averted my gaze.

"Are you really okay?" I asked her.

"These kinds of things aren't my forte." 

"Why did you run toward us, then?" asked Horikita.

"I'd thought you are trying again to blackmail Kiyotaka." Blurted Miku. She is blunter than Nino.

"Nonsense, I won't stoop that low." 

"I don't trust you."

They both glared at each other. 

Horikita sighed and asked, "I thought what Chabashira-sensei said back then was a joke, but are you really not at all interested in moving up?"

She probably knows Miku knows about me

Chabashira-sensei had probably said something about that back when she encountered Horikita and me in the guidance room. 

"It's not particularly weird or anything, is it? It's not like Ike and the others are gunning for Class A or anything. If we got an increase in our allowance each month, that'd make me happy. If I'm lucky, maybe we can even reach Class A." 

"With this class, it's impossible Kiyotaka" Geez, Miku can probably kill someone with her words.

"The time will tell us, Miku." 

"Why did you choose this school?" she asked me. 

"Well, can't I just say the same thing? To shamelessly make use of the privileges the school offered me." 

"I see." This time she sounded blatantly dissatisfied and regarded me with a sharp side-eye. I thought that Horikita had enrolled here to be at the same school as her older brother. She wasn't aiming for Class A for her own sake, but rather, sought her older brother's approval. Her ambition differed from most others.

Moreover, Miku was showing the face "are you kidding me." The quints probably know the essence of my abilities.

But, still, I can't let my peaceful life stray away from me.

"It doesn't feel good to have someone pry into your past," she said, forestalling me. I'd intended to dig deeper, but it looked like she'd immediately understood my true intentions. I'm trying to understand my past, or should I say this person's past, by thoroughly analyzing and breaking down people. 

"I'll tell you this: Chabashira-sensei leaked the information. Don't misunderstand me. All right? Besides, we're still not friends. Don't forget that." 

"Don't worry. I'm not really thinking about friendship." 

"Yeah, getting friends with you is the same as committing seppuku." Miku backed me up.

"Grr. You Nakano Quintuplets sure annoying." said an embarrassed Horikita whose face is filled with anger

This exam has already become troublesome from the start.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

CHAPTER 7.3 ENDS

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS.

I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER.

PLEASE VOTE

AND ALSO FEEL FREE TO POINT OUT MY MISTAKES

I STARTED READING BEELZEBUB MANGA. IT'S FUNNY AS HELL. IT'S ON MY TOP COMEDIC MANGA NOW AS THE SAME AS GRAND BLUE.

JUST GIVE IT A TRY

PUBLISHED ON - 1ST JAN 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.2K 7
This fic is simply about the characters from the original story COTE responding to Kiraishin's fic titled "Classroom of the Elite: The Unfamiliar Fam...
15.4K 325 6
Disclaimer:- * English is not my native Language *Classroom of the Elite does not belong to me.. *Its just a fanfiction, and all the characters of...
67.5K 1.9K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...
8.7K 326 14
""So, Mr. Ayanokoji, have you had any changes in your emotional state over the past few days?" I ask the boy right in front of me." The Whiteroom is...