Who made me Penelope Judith?

By Chiron13

I was a person with a rather disappointing life. I had heart problems. I was hospitalized for a long time for... More

Prologue
1. The festival
2. Diana
3. The noble etiquette
4. The Empress
5. Tea party. Nobles. Lillian York.
6. Felix and Lily
7. Claude's troubles
8. The mother
9. One year later
10. Lippe tea
11. Flower crown.
12. Banquet
13. Dance
14. Sleepover
15. Santa Claude
16. Empress's orders
17. Apology
19. The magician's help
20. Waking up
21. Debut (1)
22. Debut (2)
23. Unravelling
24. Love you
25. 18 years old
26. Drunk
27. Broken
28. More heartbreak
29. Run
30. Athanasia and Jeannette
31. A complicated reunion
32. Athy
33. Meet Athanasia
34. After the marriage
35. Claude. Meet. Your. Daughter.
36. First steps
37. Lucas "babysitting"
Questions
Answers
38. School
38. More school

18. Lucas

4.3K 238 113
By Chiron13

"Roselia!!!!" I held my sister back by the waist "NO! All of you stop this!! It is not that big a deal!!! Roselia!!! LIA!!! C'MON!!!"

"NO!" Roselia screeched in a high pitched enraged voice, trying to free herself "BUTLER, PREPARE ME A CARRIAGE TO THE COUNTDOM OF COUNT KANTEGRUEL!! I NEED A WORD WITH HIS ADOPTED DAUGHTER!!!"

"NO BUTLER, STAY EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE!!" I shrieked after her as I still tried to hold her back by the wrist. "IGNORE ROSELIA!!! I'M THE ELDEST DAUGHTER YOU MUST CHOSE TO OBEY ME!!! Gee! Why is everybody making that big a deal out of this?! It's water not lava!"

Some maids poked their heads through the half opened door curiously:

"Help mehhhhh!!!" Roselia yelled to them "Take her off me!!!"

"LEAVE US!!" I screamed harder and they left. "We're doing perfectly fine!!"

It's been a week since that 'incident' happened, and only now did Roselia get word of this. I had asked Jane not to tell anyone since I didn't want to bother them with these kinds of news. Plus, the matter's already been very well taken care of by Claude and Anastacius. I guess one of those two must've been the ones to tell her.

"She threw you off a bridge!!" Roselia continued hissing like an angry cat "That disgraceful uneducated commoner-born trashy thing!! She's just the adopted daughter of a count and she threw a pureblood noble off a bridge!!!! I will take care of this Penny just you see!! I WILL SLAP HER SO HARD! I'll release the beasts of hell on her!! I'll show her what happens when-"

"NO. NO. NO!!!" I held her back and locked the door. "NO NEED!!! Claude and his highness already did!!"

"What did they just have a word with her and ask her to apologize?" She snorted.

"No...They did way too much already you don't need to rub salt in the wound." I sighed.

"Hmm? What did they do?"

"Anastacius banned her from his social circle. Claude...kinda...tattooed her...um face."

Roselia blinked confusedly at me for a while before she knelt down and started rolling on the floor like a 7 year old child-Wait, yeah she IS 7 year old.

"A tattoooooo!!!" She wheezed, hitting my carpet repeatedly, laughing like a commoner "On the face!!! PFFFT HHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA ah my gawdddddddeeeeee I can't imagine it oooooooooh that must be ho-rrrrrrrr-ible!!!! A tattoo on the face!!!!!! MEHEHEHHEHEHHE-"

Somebody banged my door very angrily and it burst open. Didn't I lock that?!

"Penny, Lia!!!" Roger stormed in, looking angry "Why are you even laughing about this!! This is serious business-"

"I'M NOT LAUGHING!!!!" I threw my hands in the air and then I pointed at Roselia "See? She's the one laughing! I'm not!! I don't find this funny at all!!"

"And you, Roger," Roselia pounced up and smoothed her dress "You're also overreacting!!! You should be angry at whatever her name is rather than Penelope!! She threw Penny in the water, not the other way around!!"

"That would've never happened if said-Penny followed my advice and stayed away from the goddamn crown prince!!!" Roger looked at me. 

Yeah yeah, I get it, everything is my fault...

"I. DID!!!" I shrieked back "He's the sticky one!!!"

"Then unstick him!!" 

God I'm tired of this family already. And it isn't even my real family. We are simply ridiculous.

"You tell him to piss off I can't!!! And he's nice so I don't want to make him sad!!!" I growled "Seriously Whitey, you're totally out of your mind right now."

"Yeah Whitey-" Roselia huffed.

"And you too, Lia!!" I glared at her before regaining my calm "I never asked for her face to be tattooed. I didn't really even need her to be punished!! But do you think I can control the two princes of this empire?! NO, no I can't. They do whatever they want and that was what they did!!! So STOP complaining about their actions to me!! I already yelled on Claude for what he did anyway!!"

Which wasn't easy task because he yelled back and then pretended to be a soft cute fluffy ball of 'I only did it for your sake so you're not allowed to get angry at me. Just check out my super concerned face, calm down and come give me a hug'. Which unfortunately worked on me. At the end we just hugged it out and I literally had to repeat to him that I'll try never to get pushed off a bridge again. (Not that I could actually control that but whatever makes him feel happy)

"You yelled on the illegitimate second prince." Roger raised an eyebrow.

...

Well yeah!

...

"Well I'm certainly not the first one to do it." I shrugged. "I disapprove of what he did too you know."

"And you're letting him get away with it."

"Um...1st, him and his brother are royalty." I stated the obvious reason why I'm letting them get away "2nd, lady Meredith isn't even an acquaintance of mine. 3rd, I like both of them a lot so yeah."

He stared at me blankly.

I sighed and added: "Also, on Claude's defense, you sorta have to admit. The tattoo was really cute."

"It was on her face, Penelope."

"On her face..!!!!" Roselia wheezed in the background. What's wrong with her sense of humor?!

"It wasn't on her forehead or her nose or anything it was on her cheek. And it's small." I said.

"You're defending Claude just because he's your fiance aren't you." Alpheus stated.

"Well the tattoo was esthetically pleasing to me too." I shrugged. "And also, YES, we're engaged and I don't need you going around spreading rumors about him being violent because it'll reflect back on me too. Well even if you did, people wouldn't believe you since everyone looks down on him. Yeah aha take that. So, why are you so worked up about lady Meredith? Are you her friend or special friend-..."

"Well I'm at age to get a fiancee. Before she threw you in the water our parents wanted us to get engaged. We met a few times before our parents could make up their minds." 

Oh...oh...OH.

"Oh no Whitey-boy!!" Roselia went up to his nose and said menacingly "You're not marrying the one that pushed Penny into the water!!"

"Well now that her reputation was 'somehow' damaged by the two princes, my father sure is reconsidering!!" Roger spat. "They don't know the story of  how that happened, how she suddenly got a tattoo and how his highness suddenly declares her out of his social circle!"

"With such a bad rep now I doubt she'd even be able to marry one day." Roselia snickered.

"Hey Lia, tone it down." I hushed her "Well I have to say she sorta brought this upon herself...I'm not resentful that she threw me off a bridge but she still did what she did. But cousin dearest, if you want something enough, you have to fight for it."

If Meredith turns out to be the mother of Ijekiel, then I'll bear with it. I have no idea who duchess Alpheus is. I really have no clue at all. I don't want Roger to marry someone else by default and deprive this world of our boy Kiel. 

"Ha." Roger released a deep sigh "I guess-"

But something exploded into my room. Roselia and I immediately scrambled behind our new living shield, Roger Alpheus. Yes we know we have those special hairclips with self defense spells, but still. Whitey himself took a few steps back, dragging us with him.

"What the-" 

Why is nobody knocking on my door nowadays?! Why do people always invite themselves in?!

"Hey Penelope." The infiltrator said.

"Y-Your highness?!" I gasped as we saw Anastacius's neutral face that clearly stated 'I teleported into a lady's room and it's totally okay'.

If Roger and Roselia weren't here I would've hit him in the face with my pillow.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Roger, Roselia, if you'd be so kind to step out for one sec..." Anastacius said.

"This is sorta my housssss-Yeah we're going to step out, good day to the future sun of Obelia." Roselia said as she pulled Roger out.

Once they were out, I looked back into those blue jeweled eyes with a hint of red.

"Stacy, what happened." I asked in a serious voice.

"So...Um, I just came to say...Arrrgh...Hey do you know what divine beasts are?" He asked, tilting his head onto the side.

"Those things that...um..." I searched into my memories "Um aren't those the things born from excess of mana...um thingy. Y-yeah that thing there the thingy..."

I only had two words in my vocabulary for divine beasts in the world of Who Made Me a Princess and that was Dog and Thingy. I do recall Athanasia's divine beast. His name was Blackie or Raven or...that thingy there. I'm more familiar with the term divine beast in the webtoon My Gently Raised Beast.

"Yeah, the thingy." Anastacius agreed. "Born from one person's soul due to the excess of mana in them and could be re-absorbed after a while."

"Okay..?" 

"Claude has one." he stated.

"Oh that's neat. He didn't tell me though." I hummed.

"Well he didn't even know." Anastacius nodded "My mother imprisoned it and now she sorta killed it."

I almost stumbled back to the statement. 

"W-what?" I stuttered, recalling Athanasia's many problems due to her encounters with her divine beast. Didn't she get into comas and stuff..? My voice is failing me "And C-Claude?!"

"Why do you think I'm here?" 

Before I knew it, I had grabbed Anastacius by the collar and threw him on the floor before almost crashing on him myself. I guess Meredith must've been the same, yanking me off the bridge. Anastacius is a solid guy, yet I threw him on the floor rather easily. 

"He's not d-dead is he?!" I asked, tightening my grip on his shirt.

"What?! No!" He shook his head "But I'm about to be if you don't release me soon enough!"

I released him and his head fell back onto my floor hardly.

"Ouwie." He grunted.

"So how is he?!" I asked hurriedly.

"First of all, get off me. Or we could stay this way. Actually let's stay this way. This is nice." He said.

"Ugh" I said as I got off him "Speak."

He seems offended that I'm giving him orders but he looks like he'll just go with it.

"Since that doggy died, Claude's soul reabsorbed it." He explained to me as he sat up groggily. "He's unconscious but he's not supposed to die. Which is cool."

"Him being unconscious or him not going to die?" I asked.

He didn't answer me. I don't find him being unconscious cool at all. Great, now I'm just worried.

"So he's in a coma. When will he wake up?" I asked.

"I don't know if he will. Felix's just a crying mess." The prince shrugged cluelessly.

"You're just here to tell me this?" I asked, feeling angry at him but at the same time angry at myself because I shouldn't be angry at him because he's done nothing wrong and just came here to warn me because he's actually nice deep down. Why am I thinking so fast? Normally my thoughts are always well lined up.

I know Claude will be okay. Because it's Claude. I mean...Claude de Alger Obelia am I right? But why do I still feel so distressed. My heart is literally killing me right now. (In this life it's a metaphor, in my old one it wasn't).

"Well if you want to come over now you can." Anastacius said.

"Okay." I nodded on spot as I took out a winter cape "Let's go."

"Wow you're in a hurry." 

"Stacy, I'm engaged to him. What do you think." I growled at him.

"Sure." He said as he took my hand and explained "So now you're going to go kaboom and we'll appear in front of Claude's room."

"I already teleported multiple times." I said dully, poking my hairclip.

"Aha right." 

He took us to the Emerald palace in the old wooden hall where Claude and his mother resided. The first thing I heard when my senses recovered was some soft sniffles when I saw Felix sitting on the ground against Claude's door, knees up to his chest, face wet. 

"Felix." I said as I knelt down next to him "Hey."

"Heya." He said, and his voice sounded a lot like a whimper.

Clearly he wasn't in a mood to converse with anybody. I entered Claude's room. He was indeed very unconscious. Still, he didn't look asleep, his face had some sort of tight expression that I found hard to meet.

"Claude..." Why does my voice sound so broken..?

I know I won't lose him. I guess it's just the idea of him being in pain that horses me.

"God, Claude." I said as I took his hand and sat by him on the bed.

Anastacius, who had followed me in initially, suddenly left the room hurriedly. 

Claude didn't react to my touch. His temperature was normal, although I expected it to be more or less feverish. This is the most unkind situation I've met ever since I came here. I'd rather Meredith throw me in the water a few more times repeatedly through eternity rather than see Claude like this. I hate this situation. I hate it I hate it I hate it.

He makes me want to get sick too, just to join him, know what kind of thing he's dealing with right now.

Hey. What about once he wakes up I barge in his room like he did in mine and just scold him for having his divine beast killed and falling into a coma? I'll make a real big deal out of it. I'll tell him I want to tattoo the Empress's face. 

I wish nothing more than that.

"God, when will you wake up dummy..." I squeezed his hand "You better not make me wait too long for my revenge or I'll scold you about that too." I let out a desperate sob "What could I even do in this situation..."

Everything related to mana was out of my reach to control...

"You stupid idiot. Can't you fall into a difficult trouble where I could actually help you?" I said "Where anyone could help you. Why did it have to be something you must overcome alone...At least something where at least a doctor could tell me how you're doing. God this is the most stupid thing you've ever done." I took a second to dry that tear that wouldn't stay back "Even stupider then when you decided to tattoo Meredith's cheek. Yes this is totally your fault, dummy. If it was my own fault that I got pushed into the water, it's also your own fault that you fell unconscious. Yep. Your fault."

I really want him to wake up and retort. But he stays still...

"Why must you do this..." I sighed "Why must you be like this...Your mother must be-...Oh. Your mother...!!!"

I let out another sad sigh as I tried not to cry. The only shoulder I wanted to cry on about Claude being unconscious was Claude. And Diana's actually. I don't know why but the thought of her is very comforting. But both options were unavailable.

"I-I'll..." I stood up "I'll be back Claude. I'm on and by your side. Always. Pretend I never left, okay?"

Can I get an answer?

...

No?

...

Please?

...

Ok

...

:'(

"I'll see you later, Sleeping Beauty..." I sighed.

I stepped out sadly and sat down next to Felix.

"Hey." I repeated "How's miss Adriana doing?"

"She's stressed out." He said tiredly "She wanted to check on him but...Well you know that she can't."

I nodded sadly.

"It's understandable you know." He continued "Everybody tells her to lie back down or she'll be even more tired, but nobody could tell her how Claude was doing." He choked back a sob "Because nobody knows."

There's one person who should know.

Lucas.

I felt some sort of jolt in my bones.

Okay...But...Where...Is...He...?

Think Penny, THINKKKKKKKK. I need to remember his debut.

Athanasia was the one who found him in the Emerald Palace's gardens...While chasing down Raven...She grabbed his hair (I think?). And she woke him from his deep slumber.

Okay deep slumber...

But are we talking 400 years of magically induced sleep or are we talking about one dude passing out for a whole day due to laziness combined to exhaustion? Both cases sound like deep slumber to me. But if we're talking the 1st one, then I have the option to go out and find him before Athanasia. 

But should I? I ship Lucathy and they need their meet-cute!

YES. WHATEVER. THIS IS CLAUDE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. 

I'M worried, FELIX is worried, and HIS MOTHER is worried. Do I need more reasoning? No I don't. I'm not even sure I'll be able to find him anyway. I buckled my cape and ran off.

"Penelope!" Felix ran after me "Hey! Where are you going?!"

"Outside!" I said.

"Don't throw yourself in the water Penelope!!" He yelped "I know that'll make Claude come back from his coma just to yell on you, BUT DON'T DO IT!!! It's worth it, BUT DON'T DO IT!!!"

"Why is there nobody sane in this palace?!" I sighed as I kept running "I'm not trying to drown myself to spite him or anything!"

"Then I know you're sad but don't throw yourself in the water out of grief! He's not dead yet!"

GOD!! I am not going to take a dive!! I go in there once and now he assumes I like doing it?! His mind isn't functioning correctly.

"FELIX, you're supposed to be SMART!" I growled at him, stopping in my tracks and grabbing him firmly and shook him "Get a hold of yourself!!! Right now, EVERYBODY needs you to remain calm and collected!!! Start thinking rationally again I beg of you!! You're just about as unconscious as Claude is right now. The difference is that you're saying nonsense. NOW SNAP OUT OF IT!!"

"Y-Yeah okay." He shook his head.

I brushed my brown hair back to the side and sighed, annoyed. My name is Penelope Judith and currently I'm the only person with a brain standing in the Emerald Palace. Probably.

"Felix. Go back to Claude's side. Or go to Adriana's and just...be there for her." I sighed.

"Why do you want to go outside?" He asked as he took my hands off him.

"I-..."

"You?"

Think fast think fast Penelope!

"Have you heard the myth of the Magician of The Tower-" I blurted out.

"Uhm it's no myth, he exists." Felix frowned.

"No! The myth...uh...saying how he's in a deep slumber somewhere in the gardens of the Emerald palace."

"No-...You're going to find him?"

"No, I'm out to get the unicorn that's been haunting Antoinella a few days back. YES I'll search for him!! He knows what's going on with Claude!! Well, he's SUPPOSED to know! I just...I don't like him so still that way, having something wrong happening inside him and nobody knows what it is!" I said. 

"But why would he slumber in the gardens of the Emerald Palace?!" Felix asked.

Okay. Good point. How am I supposed to know?! I just read a manhwa man, I just read a manhwa...

"Well how about you ask HIM about it?" I shrugged. "You said it yourself he's real!"

"Yeah but he's been missing for at least a few decades..."

"Well duh! Deep slumber!" I said as I turned my heels "Now I don't like wasting my time... So I better start!"

"Coming with you!" Felix said.

"Really?"

"Better than sit down and weep like a child." He shrugged "I want to be useful to Claude too! This is better than nothing!"

"Cool!"

We ran outside. Happily for us it isn't a cold day.

"Okay...Is there anywhere that the staff never goes normally?" I asked as we stared at the vast domain of the palace.

"Does it say so in the myth? It's gotta be more precise..." Felix hummed.

"Let's say somewhere adults never go but a young girl chasing down her divine beast finds the place mistakenly..?" I said 'randomly'. 

"Does it say so in the myth?"

"Yeah...In the poem." Now what am I even talking about.

"The poem? Do you think you could tell me the exact verse?" Felix said.

"Y-you're...You're asking me for poetry? Aha I-I...Um I'm afraid I forgot." I said nervously.

"Oh..." Felix looked down, disappointed and hopeless.

"Oh no no don't look like that!" I said hurriedly "I-It was...Agh...I-It was:

Young girl there could be led,

By help of her divine pet."

Now what the heck. God this is ridiculous. I'm not a poet. I don't normally have such a confused mind but just the image of Claude-...I've never been this agitated enough to spit out rhymes...Claude, I'll be putting all this on you once you woke up. So beware of that, de Alger Obelia. You'll suffer my wrath once you open those damned eyes of yours.

"Never heard that one. Are you certain about what you just said?" Felix asked while I was busy internally giving Claude reasons to stay asleep.

"Um yeah. Totally." I said "I was thinking a bush...Somewhere children would play?"

"There are bushes near the lake. I remember Claude having almost went there once but the staff kept telling us that it was off limits." The knight hummed.

"Cool. Let's go." I said.

"Um...it's...Off limits?" Felix pointed out.

"Since when has that stopped me?" I raised an eyebrow "Bring me there! I'll take on entire responsibility! I promise."

He finally nodded with energy, determined, and led me towards the lake where we crossed the bridge to where Lucas was supposedly.

"Ugh slush..." I groaned as we stepped into almost melted snow. The servants didn't pelt out this part of the domain. If Lucas was over here, he'd be buried down in snow. That'd be yuck. I felt suddenly disgusted, but I didn't back down. "I hate slush...So gross."

Felix too, made funny expressions, but we still stepped forward with the same determination.

"What if there's something dangerous?" He asked as we walked in.

"Well you're a knight." I chuckled.

"Okay. Fair."

"Hehe. It's pretty great that you're here Felix. I think I would've broken down by now if it weren't the thought of embarrassing myself in front of you keeping me composed." I elbowed him.

"I would've told Claude about that the second he woke up." He laughed dryly

We had very different plans for Claude once he wakes up. 

Suddenly, I heard a twig snap and a flash of black and white.

"Um..." I tugged on Felix's sleeve "Felix. Is Sultana supposed to be out in early spring?"

"Sultana?" Felix looked at the same direction as I did. "N-No! The cats were supposed to stay inside! Butler John said that cleaning the mud off them was worse than walking through hell! And they could get sick or worse! God! I can't believe they're out!!!"

"Fine...Let's bring them back in before they get all muddy." I sighed.

"I don't think the Empress deserves to sleep with two spotless and clean cats tonight on her pillow after what she did to Claude today." Felix stated in a serious voice.

"Well they're plenty wet already. It'll already be 3h of work for John to untangle that fur." I said "They'll get sick too. We should go get them."

"But the magician-"

"Felix. I know. But it'll be cold once night falls, c'mon." I nudged him and we went towards Sultana "Here kitty kitty kitty psp psp psp."

"Meow?" Another meow was heard behind us.

"What?! Antoinella too?!" Felix gasped "Oh come on...What's with bad things happening today?!"

I tapped his shoulder.

"Get Sultana. I'll take Antoinella." 

Here I am, doing the Emerald Palace's Staff's work for them. If I didn't genuinely care about these two cats, I would've let them spend the night out here out of spite against the Empress.

Antoinella saw me step towards her and bolted away.

"Antoinella!" I grumbled as I ran after her "Come back here kitty! This is not a game! I'm not going to eat you!"

"Penelope!" Felix called after me, but I still raced after the damn cat.

How is the cat so fast running without shoes in the snow!?

"Antoinella!!! If this keeps up, I'll leave you in the snow!!" I said as I avoided a branch that could've blinded me. "Damn cat! Now I know why butler John despises you! You evil little thing!"

Antoinella stopped for a while and looked back at me.

"Okay!" I said as I approached slowly with caution "Now who's a good kitty cat? Who's a nice kitty kitty?"

Not Antoinella. 

She resumed her crazy run through the bushes and I immediately jogged after her.

But then she stopped again. But she didn't look at me.

"Mraowwwwww-" I heard her meow.

"Gee kitty. I have other things to-Wait." I said as I recognized the scenery "I saw this place in the-...I know where we are."

The scenery was just a little bit different from the manhwa due to the season changes. But I'm in the right place. I know it.

Young girl there could be led,

By help of her divine pet.

Who said it had to be Athanasia and Raven? It could very well be me and Antoinella. And bruh I invented that short poem myself. Am I a prophet now? I feel all giddy. I'm anxious.

"Antoinella! You're a genius!!" I clapped my hands excitedly "You're the smartest of your kind!!"

"Mrow mrow."

I walked deeper into the bushes. Antoinella followed me but she kept a few cautious feet away.

And then I saw Lucas.

Not how I imagined however. He wasn't covered in snow and sludge, snoring on the ground or something like that. He was very well kept in a mana energy bubble that floated a few inches above the ground, not touching the snow. He looks exactly like how he did in the manhwa when Athanasia first saw him! He looks...Well he looks dead. But I looked closer and his chest heaved up and down.

Oh my god! It's Lucas!!!!!

I stood there, almost breathless. Antoinella came and rubbed herself against my leg.

"Okay." I gulped "I should do something."

Antoinella rubbed herself harder against my leg.

"Okay okay okay..." I said "Uhm...Should I wake him-No I shouldn't wake him! I should...Oh my god brain, function!!"

I've never been this way before! My mind is in pieces! This is all Claude's fault! He'll hear what I have to say about falling in dangerous medical predicaments again! But god I just want him to wake up. I just want to hear him say he's okay. God just let him wake up soon. Please. Just get him back into his original state!

"I'll wake him up." I decided as if Antoinella understood what I said "Whatever, nothing bad could come from Penelope Judith interacting with Lucas right? Right?" I smiled nervously "Oh whatever here goes nothing. Is there a limit to how much I'm allowed to change the timeline?! Jesus Christ, here I am talking to myself...Omg I can't deal with stress."

I walked towards the energy bubble thingy.

"Meow."

"Okay okay." I touched the bubble, and it glowed so hard it almost blinded me. 

I took a few steps back as I felt Antoinella jump up to my coat in a flash of panic. Her claws dug deeply into the fabric. I understood her fright. 

Once I've blinked the colors out of my eyes, I looked down. The magician of the tower, Lucas, was here. He was still sleeping, but on the ground. 

Wow he's beautiful. Long silky black hair...Pale unmarked skin...Lean frame...And wow those richly designed clothes.

AH FOCUS PENELOPE!

I knelt down near him in the sludge (whatever, he's the one lying completely in it) and poked his side. (OMG THIS IS LUCASSSSS!!!) Since I didn't get a reaction, I poked his face.

And his eyes snapped open.

"YIKES!!!!" I yelped as I bounced back quickly, Antoinella letting go of my shoulder and going into defense mode behind me. "Ahhhhh omg omg omg omg! Yikessssss what did I do?!" I mumbled, a hand on my mouth so that he didn't hear my ridiculous mumbling. 

It's just Lucas, it's not a big deal...

But wait yes Lucas IS a big deal.

He sat up groggily and put a hand on his forehead. He didn't look in a good mood. 

Is it me or I really never thought of a scenario where he would want to kill me..? Ah that'd be bad. Was this a mistake?! Then I need to speak first before he starts with a menacing 'who are you'? I need to chose my first words carefully. 

"Are you okay, mister?" I asked, putting on the warm smile of a 9 year old child.

Once he was done rubbing his forehead, Lucas looked at me.

"You disturbed my sleep." He stated.

Pretend to be clueless...Pretend to be clueless...

"Oh?" I tilted my head onto the side. "Oh I'm very sorry!"

"Aish. It's already done." He said, looking very irritated "Who are you?"

"My name is Penelope Judith sir." I said.

"Where am I?"

"The Emerald Palace." I explained "Outside. We're in early spring so...That's why there's slush."

"Ah." He said.

"Why were you sleeping, mister?" I asked.

"That's none of your business. Do you have any mana?" 

Oh yes, I remember him being all worked out about having depleted his mana and not having enough power from the manhwa when he woke up. He wanted to eat Raven for that precise reason. Well he can eat neither me nor Antoinella, we have no mana. But that doesn't mean we're safe. 

I need to interest him with something he'd want.

"No. I don't have mana." I said as I spot an opening on how to get Lucas to help Claude "But my fiance does!"

"Who is your fiance? Is he a member of the royal family?" Lucas caught on.

"Yes sir! His name is Claude."

Lucas made a perplexed face.

"Who's Claude? I don't recall any-" He looked pretty confused "Was I-...I was missing time. Did I sleep through a revolution?!"

I shrugged, putting on an innocent child face. How was I supposed to know?

"Who is his father?" He asked.

"Um... emperor Aetvum?" I asked. "Claude has a big brother named Anastacius."

"The last one I remember is Aeternitas..." Lucas frowned.

Ah yes, that evil bastard.

"Then it appears you missed time, mister." I said.

"How could a member of the royal family be called 'Limping'?" Lucas snorted as he stood up unsteadily. "Society sure has changed."

"Do you need help?" I asked as I stood up with him.

"PENELOPE!!!" I heard Felix yell.

Antoinella bolted towards the sound of his voice.

"That your friend?" The black haired frowned at me.

"Um yes." I said "He's Claude's guard."

"Is that Claude of yours here too?" Lucas asked in a sweet manner all of a sudden.

I guess he wants to eat Claude's mana...

"Um no..." I said, putting on my sad face, which wasn't hard at all "Claude is very sick. They say the Empress just killed his divine beast so he isn't waking up. He has mana troubles."

Get the hint, Lucas, get the hint. 

"Oh? That's interesting." He smirked.

Now the final act!! "Mister, you seem very powerful! Is there any way you could help him?! He's not waking up and I'm very worried! Do you think you could help him?" I pleaded.

"Hmm..." Lucas seemed to be thinking.

PLEASE SAY YES!

"Of course." He finally said "Shall we go see your friend right now??"

"YES!" I immediately said "I mean... *fake cough* ahem ahem y-yes! Thank you very much sir!"

"Antoinella you little-" I heard Felix curse and finally his puff of red hair appeared. Sweet Antoinella, you led Felix to us. "Penelope!" He exclaimed as he emerged from the bushes with Sultana and Antoinella in his arms "And this-" he looked to Lucas.

"Y-Yeah." I cut him off "This is a very powerful mister I found in the woods that could help Claude."

Before Felix could react I sprang forward and fake hugged him.

I whispered in his ear: "This is indeed the magician. He has no idea I came here on purpose to find him. Just let him believe we're clueless children who don't know who he is. To us he's just the powerful guy who could tell us what's up with Claude, okay?" Then I spoke more loudly "SO GLAD YOU FOUND ME FELIX!!"

"Can we hurry up kids? I wanna see how your friend is doing."

Well someone's hungry...

I felt relieved. Perhaps Claude would wake up soon? I just hope that at least Lucas could tear that painful look on his face down, maybe help him rest more peacefully. Just something positive you know.

"Y-Yeah. Right this way sir." 

--

I didn't proof read this yet because... well...11:57pm right now. (UWU) I know there are a few mistakes, but I'm lazy and I just...you know...posted this on spot since I don't know if I'll be in the mood to edit tomorrow morning. It's still Christmas break so I'm rather active. This paragraph will disappear once I'd re-read this chapter (So in an eternity :). If you could spot any mistakes, please tell me!

(Yo it's 12:02 now)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 358 8
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tìrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
31.2K 870 21
In the world of Kim Iseul, a lonely and depressed child, life has been nothing but a series of abuse and neglect. Her parents and friends have subjec...
1.4K 117 14
🌸in the side story of lovely princess novel 🌸 a new character was introduced we get introduced to the first princess Claude first daughter before...
414K 16K 51
Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter only to dot on his niece. Life is truly un...