A Rejected Princess (Complete...

By Mys_AJ

"I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate and Luna." He didn't blink. He didn't show a spark of remorse. He... More

A Rejected Princess
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Author's Note
Epilogue
Sequel
Spin-off

Chapter Twenty-Eight

315K 9.9K 954
By Mys_AJ

Genevieve

I woke up in an empty bed. I frowned at the thought of Asher leaving again. I got out of bed and walked to the living room. Sunlight was shining through the open curtains as Jordyn played with Elise.

"Hey," I greeted her while walking closer.

Jordyn smiled at me. "Morning."

I picked up Elise and started tossing her in the air as she giggled. Even though she was born a few weeks ago, she looks like she's two. Werewolves age faster until they are five, then they age normally. Since Elise has Alpha Blood, she grows even faster than regular werewolves.

"Do you know where Asher is?" I asked Jordyn after I put Elise back down on the carpet.

"He had some pack stuff. Shawn was supposed to stay here, but he got a call from Asher," Jordyn replied.

"Why would Asher need Shawn?" I voiced my thoughts.

A huge smile spread across Jordyn's face. "His mate," she said simply.

Shawn finally found his mate. I know how much he wants a mate. He's dreamed about finding her. It must've been hard for him when everyone found their mates. Shawn's dad had him training to take over the Royal Beta title.

Instead of finding his mate, he was stuck at the pack house learning how to be a good Beta. After his training, he still didn't go out to find her. He said he would just "let nature take its course" or some shit like that.

"How long have they been gone?" I questioned.

Jordyn shrugged. "Shawn left an hour ago."

I wonder who his mate is. She'll probably be all nice and shy, but not around Shawn. She'll love Shawn, like all mates do. She'll love his short black hair, his cocky attitude, and his scent. What if she hates his scent? I know a lot of people who can't stand the smell of Shawn. What if she's like allergic to coconuts and whenever she smells Shawn, she like passes out or something.

"What's with that face?" Jordyn asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You look scared."

I shrugged. "Just thinking scenarios about Shawn's mate."

Jordyn laughed, but stopped when her phone started ringing. She grinned and held it up to me. "Your mate's calling," she sang, waving the phone in my face.

"You have his number?" I raised an eyebrow. I don't even think I have his number. And he's my mate! She shrugged and handed me the phone.

I answered the call and held it up to my ear. "Is Eve okay?" Asher blurted when I answered.

"Yeah. I just woke up," I said.

"Oh. Hey, babe," Asher replied.

"Don't 'hey babe' me. I woke up alone this morning."

"I'm sorry. There was some rogue business that I took care of. I'm coming back now."

"Mhm," I mumbled.

"I'll see you soon. I love you," Asher said before hanging up.

I took the phone off my ear and looked down at the blank screen. I will never get used to hearing those three words out of his mouth. I didn't imagine him saying it before. "Oh. My. God!" Jordyn screeched. "He said 'I love you!"

Smiling, I nodded my head. "He's been saying it for a while," I admitted.

"But you didn't say it back," she noted. I nodded and Jordyn tilted her head in confusion. "I thought you turned on your emotions though."

"I did."

"Do you not love him?" she asked.

"I love him," I assured her.

"Then why don't you tell him?"

I shrugged. "I guess I'm just scared? Like what if he cheats again, then it'll hurt even more since I developed these feelings. I think that if I tell him how I feel, then I won't be able to get back from that. I would be too deep in what we have, and I would be the one hurt in the end," I blurted.

"Oh, sweetie," Jordyn said softly. "You have nothing to be scared about or worry about. Asher loves you. I can see it when he looks at you. You're the only thing that matters to him."

"So you think he's changed?"

Jordyn nodded. "He will never intentionally hurt you," she said with pure confidence.

A few minutes later, Scott walked into the living room and greeted us. "Princess Genevieve. Luna Jordyn."

"Hello Scott," I replied.

"Do you need help with something?" Jordyn asked.

Scott nodded. "There is a girl here to see the princess. She said that her name is Hope."

She said she will find me. Kind of creepy if you think about it. "What does she look like?" I questioned. Just because he says Hope, doesn't mean its the same girl. I'm not taking chances here.

"Long blonde hair and blue eyes," Scott answered.

I nodded. "She can come in."

Scott left to get Hope, while Jordyn picked up Elise. "I'm gonna give her a bath," Jordyn announced.

I nodded and sat on the couch to wait for Hope. "Genevieve," her soft voice said from behind me. I got up and greeted Hope.

"Am I needed here, Princess?" Scott asked. I shook my head. "I will be out front."

"Did you figure out what the message is?" I asked Hope.

She shook her head. "I asked the Moon Goddess about it. She just said that I will figure it out in time."

I groaned. It is never the right time for anything. I'm supposed to do a certain thing at a certain time in my life. Everything is planned out for me and its like I'm not even living anymore. I feel like the Moon Goddess' puppet.

"I'm trying really hard to figure it out," Hope said. "I still don't even know who 'he' is."

"He imbalances life," I repeated the last part of the message. "How can someone imbalance life?!"

Hope shrugged. "Maybe he's like dead, but living at the same time?"

"Like a zombie?" I asked while giggling. Zombies don't even exist.

Hope rolled her eyes. "Maybe he's immor-"

"Stop!" Asher's Alpha voice echoed through the castle. I strained my hearing to hear a soft whimper made by a female wolf.

She sounded scared. "Asher?!" I shouted while running toward the front doors. Asher was standing in front of the castle in a protective stance. Scott was off to the side, letting Asher handle the situation. Shawn was across from Asher growling and pushing someone behind him.

Both guys sneered and growled at each other, their wolves were close to the surface. "Asher," I said softly. It was like he was in some trance as he was focused on Shawn.

I saw a small figure hiding behind Shawn. "Shawn," I said raising an eyebrow at him. He ignored me and growled at my mate again.

Suddenly, Ingrid took over. I felt claws extend out of my hands and my canines grew. It was like I was shifting, but not all the way. This never happened before, Ingrid never had full control. I had no idea what was gonna happen. I was in the back of my own mind watching the scene before me.

Shawn's gaze snapped towards me and his eyes widened. "Eve?"

I loudly growled and the ground started to shake. It scared me, but not Ingrid. It was like she knew what was happening. She knew what we were doing.

"Babe," Asher said softly. "Calm down." I felt the claws go back into my skin, and Ingrid slowly gave me control.

"What the fuck was that?!" Shawn shouted at me, still in a protective stance in front of a person. Like he was protecting them from me. I narrowed my eyes at him and growled lowly. It wasn't as loud as my first growl, but the ground faintly shook.

'Ingrid. What is happening?' I questioned my wolf.

'Hope will explain,' Ingrid responded before going into the back of my mind. Wolves are so helpful- please note my extreme sarcasm.

I slowly approached Shawn to look at the person behind him. He pushed her farther back and growled at me. I used a strong voice to shout, it sounded stronger than Asher's Alpha voice. "Move!" When he didn't flinch, I shouted louder. "Now!"

Shawn whimpered and had no choice but to bow his head in submission. He slowly inched away from a small girl. "Please don't hurt me," she pleaded with tears running down her face.

I shook my head at her. "I'm not gonna hurt you," I said softly. "What's your name?"

"B-Britney. I-I'm Shawn's m-mate," she stuttered.

"I'm Queen Genevieve," I introduced myself. Then I actually heard what I said. I just called myself queen. I referred to myself as the future queen, but now its like I was claiming the title. I'm no longer a princess. I'm the Queen. I didn't have that much time to ponder over it, because Britney spoke again.

Britney slightly bowed her head. "I-I'm sorry for c-causing trouble."

I shook my head. "It is fine. Would you like to explain what's going on?" I questioned.

She stood up straight and glanced at her mate. "I thought I smelt something, so I started running. Asher blocked the entrance and shouted. Sh-Shawn got mad and..." she trailed off.

I nodded in understanding. "What did you smell?"

"I thought I smelt my sister," Britney said quietly.

"But she's dead," Asher said from behind me.

I slapped his chest. "Don't be so blunt about it," I scolded him quietly so only he could hear.

"There is someone's scent here though," Asher said while sniffing the air. "Who's here?" he asked.

"I have a visitor," I stated. "Her na-"

"Seleta?" Britney whispered while looking behind me and Asher. I turned around and saw a pale-faced Hope standing between the doorway.

Britney ran towards Hope, but Hope backed away. "You're not supposed to be here," Hope said.

"What?" Britney asked. "What's going on?" Hope just shook her head and ran into the castle. "Seleta!" Britney shouted and moved to run after her, but Shawn stopped her. "Let go of me!" she thrashed around in his arms. "She's my sister! Let go!"

"Brit," Shawn said softly. "She can't be your sister."

"That's her, Shawn. That's my sister," Britney whispered.

Shawn frowned and his arms tightened around her.  "Your sist-"

"She's right," I stated, cutting off Shawn. "May I speak to you alone?" I asked Britney. 

Britney slowly nodded her head. "I'll see you later," she told Shawn before following me into the castle. Shawn frowned, but didn't follow.

I sniffed out Hope's scent and followed it through the castle. We walked through hallways and rooms, until I found the library, where her scent was the strongest. I led Britney into the room full of books, and I saw Hope leaning against one of the shelves.

"Seleta?" Britney said softly.

Hope's head snapped up. "You're not supposed to be here," she told Britney.

I saw that Britney was on the verge of tears. She didn't let any fall though. "Why not?" she questioned.

"No one is supposed to know I'm here. She told me to keep it a secret," Hope answered as she looked back down.

We fell into a silence, but it wasn't awkward. It was more sad, like no one knew what to say to each other. For the first time since we entered the room, I spoke up. "I think Britney supposed to be here. The Goddess made her and Shawn mates, and she specifically sent you down here. She wouldn't have made them mates if She didn't want your paths to cross," I mused.

Hope thought about it before nodding in agreement. "This doesn't change anything though. I have a mission, and that is why I'm here," she stated.

"So you are her guardian," Britney said quietly. Hope nodded. "So you...." Britney trailed off.

"I died," Hope said.

"How?"

Hope sighed and pulled her long blonde hair into a ponytail. "I found my mate. He was an alpha of a pack of rogues. I didn't care about him being a rogue and leading rogues. I loved him, but he didn't want me. I thought it was just some act so he wouldn't seem weak in front of the rogues. I was wrong." She wiped away some tears and continued. "He started hitting me, so I ran away. Then he found me and he killed me. My own mate killed me," Hope started sobbing.

Britney sucked in a large breath before walking over to her sister and engulfing her in a hug. "I'm so sorry," Britney whispered.

After Hope calmed down, she looked up at her sister. "You've grown up so much" Britney nodded. "I missed you," Hope muttered.

"I missed you too," Britney said before they started hugging again. "I love you so much." I quietly left the library, letting them have their moment. Asher and Shawn were leaning against the wall outside the door.

"Were you guys listening?" I asked.

Shawn nodded before walking away from the library. Asher walked towards me and wrapped his warm arms around my waist. I buried my face in his shoulder and inhaled his citrus-y scent. "I'm sorry for leaving this morning," Asher mumbled as he pulled away.

I quickly pecked his lips. "Its fine." I moved to walk away, but Asher picked me up by my waist and threw me over his shoulder. I squealed as he started running down the hall. He pushed open my bedroom door and tossed me on the bed. "I could've walked here," I stated.

"But that wouldn't be fun." Asher jumped onto the bed, making me bounce up. I giggled as he hovered his body over mine.

He used his elbows to hold himself up. I stared at his flexed muscles and his hard chest. I moved my gaze up to his eyes that were filled with desire and lust. He moved his face closer to mine until our lips were barely brushing.

"I have to speak to Matthew," I mumbled.

"We can do that later," Asher said before smashing his lips on mine.

I felt him shift on top of me, and his hand made its way into my hair. He gently bit my lip and I opened my mouth, letting him deepen the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him impossibly closer. I moaned as his tongue tangled with his. I felt like I was on cloud nine. But of course we need oxygen.

We pulled away, and I was panting. My lips felt cold without his connected to mine. But Asher didn't stop kissing me. He trailed kisses down my jaw and neck, until he reached the spot where he would mark me. He lightly sucked the spot, earning another moan from me.

He stopped and studied my face. I answered his unasked question. "Mark me, Asher," I said breathlessly. Ingrid has been telling me to let him mark me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be marked yet. But my conversation with Jordyn had given me more confidence.

Right as the words left my mouth, Asher face was back in my neck. He kissed the spot before extending his canines and sinking them into my skin. I didn't feel pain at all. I felt safe and warm. After a few seconds, Asher pulled his teeth out of me and licked my mark. I marked him and licked the open wound.

We pressed out foreheads together, as we both struggled to get air into our lungs. "I love you, Eve," Asher said. I smiled then gently pressed my lips to his.

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6M 330K 34
As an Omega, the lowest-rank werewolf in any pack, Claire is confident her smoking hot Alpha can't be her mate. But she's wrong -- not just about him...
555K 13.7K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...
456K 16.5K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...
28.3M 1M 59
Highest Rank: #1 in Werewolf | A Featured Wattpad Novel Her mate didn't want her, so the Alpha King claimed her. WARNING: multiple chapters are PRIVA...