The Microphone ◊ IM5

By yellowhoodies

Completed. The Microphone is the most popular singing competition in the United States. Teenagers across the... More

Chap. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 17
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Chap. 21
Chap. 22
Chap. 23
Chap. 24

Chap. 12

231 5 1
By yellowhoodies

"Do you want me to look with you?" Asked Cole.

I entwined my hand with Cole's and slowly nodded. He gave me a reassuring smile.

He helped me stand up. He put his arm around my shoulders and we started looking for our names.

~~~~~~~

Hours later, IM5 and Sarah had already found their names. I still hadn't found mine. I was about ready to give up.

As we looked, no one wanted to make eye contact with me. They knew I didn't make it, and so did I. It was useless to keep looking. We had searched almost the entire building.

"Come on," said Cole, "we still haven't looked in the ceiling."

"The ceiling? I'm sure it's not there. It's over, Cole."

"It's not. Trust me."

I reluctantly followed Cole up the stairs.

"Wait!" I said, about halfway up, "what if my name isn't there?"

"Then I'll freaking go to the judges and punch them in the face."

I laughed, he always knew what to say.

When we got to the roof, there were three envelopes. Any of those could be name. I slowly approached the first envelope.

Sean O'Donnell

I grabbed the second one.

Vocal Power

Then, I slowly approached the last envelope. I breathed in deeply and opened it.

Marley Ryan

I dropped the envelope and screamed out of relief and joy. Cole ran to me, carried me, and spun me around.

"See?" He said, "you were worried out of nothing!"

I laughed, "You were right, thank you." I said while hugging him again.

He grabbed my hand and we left the roof together.

~~~~~~~~

"That was probably the worst experience of my life." I said while a camera man interviewed me.

"So, Marley, there are rumors that you're dating another contestant, is that true?"

My eyes scanned the room, Cole was laughing at something one of the guys said.

Were we dating?

I mean, we've kissed and went on two dates, but we haven't made anything official. I sighed.

"I don't comment on my personal life, thank you." I said, then left.

The camera man nodded, then went to interview more people. I went over to the guys.

They were joking about how one time Will went inside the girls' bathroom instead of the boys'.

"It was a mistake!" He said while laughing.

I was still a bit shaken up about everything that happened. Suddenly, Cole took my hand. I loved those little things that he did to make me feel safe and happy.

I just wanted to make it official.

I want Cole to ask me to be his girlfriend.

I want him to be my boyfriend.

Because, I think I'm starting to love him.

~~~~~~~~

"You'll end up together, you'll see." I told Sarah.

"I just want Will to look at me the way Cole looks at you."

I blushed.

He looked at me?

"I have a plan." I said with a smirk.

"Nooo, Marley Ryan, I swear-"

"Relax," I said interrupting her, "it's just to find out if he likes you or not."

"I don't want to be involved, Mar. I don't want him to think I'm obsessed."

"Sarah, you're beautiful. I'm about 99% sure he likes you. And when I'm right, you'll thank me."

"What about the remaining one percent?"

"It'll be gone when my plan works and I'm proven right."

"Fine, but don't screw up."

"It hurts that you don't have enough faith in me." I said while laughing.

She playfully pushed me, "Just do it."

~~~~~~~

What Sarah didn't know, is that Will had already admitted that he liked Sarah, just not to her.

He admitted it to me when I asked him a few days ago, and he asked for my help.

We decided that he'd sing to her, like Cole did to me, but in a different way.

I'd take Sarah to the stage and there, he'd sing 'Little Things' by One Direction before asking her out.

The rest of the boys of IM5 would sing in the back and would do some cool harmonies. Will would sing lead.

I was way too excited.

And Sarah had no idea.

~~~~~~

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

"I'm not in the mood, I just want to lay in bed and wallow in sadness." She answered.

"Okay, you're getting me depressed. We can go to the movies or something."

"Where I can see romantic comedies where couples live happily ever after, while my love life stinks? No thanks."

"Dude, that's enough. I'm not letting you die in your bed because one guy won't ask you out."

"Fine, but only one movie."

I smirked. She had no idea what was coming.

~~~~~

Sarah, like me, took a long time to get ready. I was trying to be patient, but I was way too excited.

"Come on, dude!" I called.

"You can't rush the beauty process."

I rolled my eyes, I loved her sense of humor.

She eventually came out. She looked beautiful, perfect for the occasion, actually.

We made our way downstairs, when we were at the lobby, instead of going outside, I made a left turn and went to the stage.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just go with it." I said with a smirk.

When we got to the stage, the boys were setting everything up.

"What's going on?" Sarah whispered as we sat down.

"You'll see." I said with a wink.

The boys sat in stools at the far back of the stage. Will stood up and grabbed a microphone.

He smiled, looking into Sarah's eyes. I turned to see her blushing with the biggest smile on her face.

Will started singing:

'Your hand fits in mine like it's just made for me

But bear this in mind, it was meant to me

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me...'

Sarah cupped her face with her hands, she was in total shock. I smiled, this moment was perfect for Will and Sarah.

'I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile

You've never loved your stomach or your thighs, the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I'll love them endlessly'

As Will sang, Cole looked directly at me, and I looked at him.

I guess this is 'the look' Sarah was talking about, and whether she realized it or not, Will looked at her like that all the time.

'I won't let these little things

Slip out of my mouth

But if I do

It's you

Oh it's you, they add up to

I'm in love with you

And all your little things'

Will stopped singing and Sarah ran to him. They hugged for what seemed an infinite amount of time. I smiled.

I think they just figured it out.

They're meant for each other.

~~~~~~

Hey my lovelies!

I'd like to thank everyone for reading this story.

Also, I felt that this story hadn't really touched Marley's worries and stress, or any part of her emotional side. So, I felt like I had to show it. It was also the perfect opportunity to show how much Cole cared for Marley.

Here's a pic of Melissa Benoist singing, that's how I imagine Sarah. Check it out!

Preview: Double dates and they tell what the competitors have to do for the first round.

Unedited.

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395 28 28
Lauren is in a abusive relationship and runs to her brother for safety! What happens when and old friend turns out to be a new love for her ? Read an...
5.8K 100 29
"1 2 ur the one that i want 3 4 5 6 7 sh!t 8 is the bullets if you say no after all this" ...
7.9K 330 50
Sequel to Young Wild Girls! The band Young Wild Girls are living in a house and going on tour with IM5 and one of the boys of Them 7 Boys. How will t...
10.6K 254 29
Roxy Ramone is not the typical teenage girl. She's beautiful as her friend Dalton Rappattoni says, she's smart, she's got some street cred, and she's...