Matters of The Heart

By winteratheart__

'You are my favourite place to go, When my mind searches for peace.' ....... She opens the door and barges in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 | Annoying sibling
Chapter 2 | Gentleman
Chapter 3 | Heartless
Chapter 4 | Adorable
Chapter 5 | Scared
Chapter 6 | Protective
Chapter 7 | Amusing
Chapter 9 | Nervous
Chapter 10 | Shocked
Chapter 11 | Surprised
Chapter 12 | Excited
Chapter 13 | Engagement
Chapter 14 | Scared
Chapter 15 | Confused
Chapter 16 | Princess
Chapter 17 | Trembling
Chapter 18 | Uncomfortable
Chapter 19 | Beautiful
Chapter 20 | Intimacy
Chapter 21 | Whisper
Chapter 22 | Soft
Chapter 23 | Baby
Chapter 24 | Rumour
Chapter 25 | Claiming
Chapter 26 | Memories
Chapter 27 | Genuine Confession
Chapter 28 | My love
Chapter 29 | Evil grin
Chapter 30 | Luck
Chapter 31 | Romatic Life
Chapter 32 | Shower Together
Chapter 33 | Sin
Chapter 34 | Possessive
Epilogue✨
✨New Book ✨

Chapter 8 | Upset

6K 409 29
By winteratheart__

Throwing my bag on Zach's chair I flop on mine feeling tired even after taking the elevator, there are hardly 4 to 5 people in my department. I am sure most of them are just roaming around and at correct 9 they will be in like as if this is a classroom.

Throwing away all the no sense thoughts I concentrate on the piles of files in front me. I can't go empty hand to his office and get third degree insult by myself. I have to do something.

So with all concentration I take notes which looks quite easy.

"Oh my Goodness! Am I hallucinating or is that really you?" Zach face comes in view after 20 minutes straight on work.

Letting out a deep breathe of tiredness I rest back with a smile "Hi" I give him a smile and he nods looking perfect, handsome and cleanly dressed like always as he takes a seat beside me.

"How come this sleeping beauty opened her eyes early today? That sounds impossible to me" he taps his index finger on his chin thinking.

"I always wake up early so shutup" fishing inside my handbag I take two lollipops throwing one at Zach, I start opening mine.

He does not keep quiet but grabs the work I did and starts checking it out "Its 87% right? The designing one? Why have you written 78?" I look up when he points out some mistakes, clicking my tongue in annoyance over myself I quickly grab a pencil and scoot closer.

"Thankyou smart boy" I grin giving him my pencil and he quickly takes it and corrects my mistake.

"Hello Ziah" a deep shy voice comes from behind and I look at Zach annoyed knowing who it is, and he presses his lips together not to laugh at my pissed out face and I force myself to smile before turning to face the owner of the voice.

"Hey" I move a little back when I find him standing closer than he should. "I came yesterday to see you and talk to you but you were not there"he tells me with some disappointment in his eyes "She was with our boss yesterday" Zach speaks with a smug smile and I laugh awkwardly smacking his arm for interrupting me but I do not fail to see the way Mateo's jaw clenches and he fists his hand.

"Why are you always with him? Is he disturbing you? Did he touch you somewhere? Tell me did that piece of shit did something to you I'll kill him and rot him if he did something to you—" I quickly cut him off with a glare "bro calm your horses down, why are you getting so hyped up, he is not like someone your portraying in your mind, he is a very nice guy so please" I don't know why I am defending Ziyan here but the way he just now said he will kill him, burned me up. How dare he? I will kill him in many different ways he can ever think off before he does something to Ziyan.

"I-I am sorry don't get upset I was just trying to protect you" he acts all guilty now holding the arm of my chair and pulling me closer.

I don't like this guy sometimes for being so annoying, first he was very sweet, he used to come smile and ask about how I am doing and then he would say how I am the only friend he has in this whole building and as days passed he became annoying by asking me out multiple times even after politely declining the offer.

He is a sweet guy but sometimes I don't know what happens to him.

I have even saw him glaring at Zach every time he comes here. Even Zach has noticed that and I know he does not like this guy even a bit.

"It's okay" I give him a smile he smiles asks about how I am like always but finally takes a leaves. He drops a chocolate bar on my table "a man came and gave this with this letter" he drops a letter with a shy smile.

"Thankyou" I tell him waiting for him to leave "I'll go now, we can meet later" when I give him a nod he smiles and rushes out.

"God he is so cute annoying" with a huff I rest back on the comfortable chair, Zach laughs nodding but picks up the chocolate and unwraps it to eat.

I ignore the letter like always since I am used to it and also my friends think the gifts I get are also theirs.

"Your lucky Zi, you have an admirer and also a stalker who is sending you gifts almost everyday since last six months" I grin with a nod feeling some what special rather than feeling scared.

I don't know who that stalker is who gifts me all sort of gifts everyday and their are hundreds of letter thrown in the box which I have in the corner.

"Your happy that your being stalked?" Zach raises his eyebrow looking amused "I am not being stalked Zach, he has never scared me or done anything to me in the past six month so how is he being a stalker? I think he is some rich fellow who has lots of money and don't know how to spend it so he is wasting on me" I nod while telling him what that man really is.

"So your basically telling me he is your sugar da—" with a gasp I hold my hand up high so he does not complete his unholy sentence "shutup you jerk! Why is your mind always filled with filth?" Giving him a good two minutes glare I again sit back not before snatching the chocolate bar to eat up but hear his annoying laughter.

"Joke apart Zi but I think you should say this to our boss who knows in future what will happen? So keep him updated since he is your friend too" he speaks a little logically and I am already thinking of wasting 20 minutes in talking about my sweet stalker and then proceeding to show my work so he does not get alot of time to check it.

"Ziah!!" A loud gasp of surprise leaves my lips and by body Automatically stands up hearing my besties voice "Zoe!" I push the shocked Zach aside to run towards my friend who I am seeing after so long, I last met her in her sister's wedding and again now I am meeting her, that's more than 48 hrs.

"How is my love doing?" Squeezing her in my arms I grin at her "I am doing great!" She pulls me in while giggling but stops on her track and so do I when I look up I see her blushing really hard while looking forward and who she is looking at is non other than our Zach buddy who is shyly peeking towards us—

Astaghfirullah! Children nowadays!

I pull her towards Zach who gulps with red cheeks gosh I so want to take a snap since this is a very Rare moment "hi" he speaks in a low soft voice "hey" Zoe tucks her hair behind her ear, looking like a red tomato all of a sudden.

These kids are crushing over eachother since last year but they don't have guts to ask out for a date and that's how this shy cringe moment takes place almost everyday in our office.

"Can you guy stop that? My eyes are cringing really hard" I gag dramatically only to earn a smack on my head by Zach and a shy giggle from Zoe "where is Alia?" Zoe asks me but the lover boy has to answer.

"I saw her in the canteen eating breakfast" he gives us some new information "okay now go sit and don't interrupt pur girls time, I have lots of things to talk to my friend" I shoo Zach away and that stubborn kid rolls his eyes annoyed.

Pulling her chair closer to mine I ask her to sit, while taking a seat myself totally forgetting about the work I should do.

Our Vp walks in and gives us the same moral support speech which we can say even without any mistake with our half opened eyes at 3 at night. We say 'yes boss' in unison to the utter nonsense she spoke.

And after it was done I quickly turn my seat towards Zoe, dragging Alia in and telling her how our boss is literally planning on kicking me and how in her absence all my co-worker planned my death infront of me and how I broke my leg not forgetting to give a good two seconds glare at Alia who giggles like a brat.

In the middle of the chat Our boss asks Alia to go back to her seat and glares at us so we do our work, but I have lots to say and lots to hear too so we continue.

I tell her everything except that incident which happened last night, I know it will scare and worry them so I do not tell anything about it.

"Ms Omen?" I close my eyes hearing this omen and Amen as if she is in church for the 100th time "Othman" I correct her while standing up. She ignores me like always and speaks flipping my calm world in no second.

"Boss is calling you" my eyes widens into the size of a baseball hearing her, and it snaps towards the watch only to see it's sharp 10:30, I really want to know if he sets alarm for every freaking thing!

Oh god! I have one paper in which only hardly 5 lines I have written.

"Someone wanted to have some Girls time, now go have some boss's time, he will be waiting for you with few good insult words on the tip of his tongue" Zach snickers like a jerk. Is he really my friend? I don't think so.

"I have done nothing! How can I forget this?" I whine throwing my legs and hands up and down in frustration "what's wrong?" Alia peeks from her desk looking all cute with that big glasses landing on the bridge of her nose.

"Aly, Zach, Zoe...if I come dead from the room please do cry over my death and tell Mamma and Abbu that I love them even if they made me feel adopted most of the time" I sniff wiping my invisible tears but hear loud Awe's from my girl besties.

"We will tell Ziah don't worry, I will also tell boss how you day dream about him most of the time" he pats my head but I smack it away with a growl.

"Bye bye" I stand up biting my lips in nervousness of being killed with his dreadful words. They wave at me and Alia sweetheart even wraps her arm around my neck and gives me a tight kiss on my cheek as assurance.

Grabbing the only sheet in which I have Scribbled few points, I gather all the files in my hands not before throwing one on Zach's face for laughing at my misery just because I shoed him away from his girl.

"Bye boss" I wave at my boss who is checking her nails, she and her obsession with nails. She carelessly nods and I walk through the hall while planning on what I should do as I enter the room.

First I am gonna tell him about my sweet stalker and then I'll give him the lollipop I have tagged along with me and then we can go to work, I am sure he will be stressed out after hearing about the stalker so it's a plus point for me.

Let's get it Ziah, you can do it.

I wave at Max who smiles when his eyes lands on me, he waves back and goes back to work and I drag myself to the devils room.

Knocking on the door I wait for a 'Come in' and when I hear it, I push the door open only to find the overly handsome cousin of mine seated on his big leather chair with a calm expression rested on his face, his coat is gone and his sleeves are folded up to his elbow with few upper buttons undone.

"Good Morning boss" I give him my biggest grin and he needs to act cocky so he only give me a nod with his eyes on me as I walk in.

"Do you want coffee?" I show some gratitude over nothing but he shakes his head "Thankyou but I don't want one now Ms Ziah" oh god not with this Ms. Ziah and shit, I always find him intimidating whenever he speaks in that low 'I am the boss' tone and with that Ms Ziah I actually forget lots of things.

"Your notes?" He taps his desk asking me to place it on the table "I umm actually have something to say" I start my plan "related to business?" He asks raises his eyebrow and I bite my lower lips so hard that I am sure it will bleed any time soon "huh? Umm No" He hums nodding.

"Let's finish with this first and then we can talk okay?" I find myself nodding my head at his request which sounds soft very soft that nobody can do otherwise than nodding.

"Your notes Ziah" Anxiety hits me like a sharp wave of ocean and I can feel myself floating back at how hard it hit. He eyes drops on my lips which I am chewing like a gum and down on my finger which I am fiddling out of nervousness, I know he understands I am feeling nervous so he sits back but does not drop his stare "Ziah?"

"Please don't yell at me" I blink my eyes which are are getting teary but when I hear a sigh escape Ziyan's lips my heart clenches cause I can tell he is disappointed, very very disappointed.

"I am sorry" I mumble looking down at the desk not able to look into his eyes which are staring straight into mine "I'll ask you this last time give what you have written now Ms Ziah or you can make your way out of this building at this instant" he speaks with an edge on his tone as if he is telling me he is not liking this shit I am doing—but I am not acting...I am seriously nervous anybody will, even a very strong women will.

I gulp my dry throat before forwarding the paper and placing it in front of his desk were he asked me to, I look up only to find my eyes snapping down when I see him throwing fireballs on my way.

He takes the paper in one hand and silently reads it and within few seconds he drops it back—there was nothing much to read anyways "did you take one and a half hour to write this?" I flinch and stumble back when stands up, I do not reply only glare at the ground gulping the hot tears which is building behind my eye balls.

"I am talking to you Ziah" he tucks his hand in his pocket standing infront of me I can tell his features are hard and he is very serious and upset now, anybody would be I don't blame him for being upset.

"I am sorry" I mumble stuttering when he takes a step closer "I did not ask for any apology here, I asked you if you are only capable of writing five lines and taking notes of hardly 5 pages in a time spam of one and a half hour? If yes then I don't want such dumb and useless people in my building working for me" he tells every word clearly and I can feel the heat and anger in his voice but his voice is nowhere near loud nor he is speaking with disgust.

"Ziah if you stand here being all nervous and scared you will be thrown out of this building now so look up and answer and I am not joking at all" I gulp looking up only to find his eyes staring straight into mine and I quickly lower it to his chest.

"I am sorry..." I mutter under my breathe "I don't need any apology Ziah, I asked you if you are capable of doing only this" he shakes the sheet in front of my eyes and I flinch back at that action.

"No.." my voice barely audible, just because the room is filled with pin drop silence he heard and in response I hear him humming "okay, so you're telling me your capable of doing more?" I nod when he questions me.

"So how many days or months do you need to show me what your capable of? Cause if you can write only 5 line in one and a half hour I am sure you will analyse and make a presentation in six months" he mocks in most insulting way and I am so near to shedding large amount of tears but I hate to cry infront of someone and after crying rivers and fountains infront of him yesterday I won't be able to live if I cry again.

I take a deep breath to prove myself and not look like a failure "Till the evening" I look up straight into his eyes "till the evening I'll prepare the whole notes of everything and even the presentation" my self respected has been hurt so much that I am blabbering out like an idiot.

"Don't promise me something you won't be able to do Ziah" He raises his eyebrow not trusting me and I don't blame him for not trusting me, I have done nothing that he can be proud of so I'll be doing it now.

"I will do it" he nods looking down and if I wasn't so humiliated I would have noticed the small smile which appeared on his face. "Hmm, if you don't.." he takes a step forward standing very close to me now "then I assure you this time I won't be lenient with you, you will receive you resignation letter right on your desk tomorrow or else you will be send to the the third department of marketing and I hope you know what you have to do there?" He speaks in a dangerously low voice and that was enough to shudder my soul from anger and disappointment on myself and Of course I know what we have to do in the third department, attend some useless calls and get insulted by the other employees since they look down on you for being no useful for the company. And the most important thing is that is where Mateo works.

I nod turning my back to grab all the files, and wiping my face angrily when and ugly drop of tears escapes my eyes.

Not daring to turn and face him I get all the things and rush without even a goodbye.

"Hey" I stand near Max desk where he is working on something "Are you working here or inside the cabin for today?" I ask him and he adjusts his glasses to look up "Hi Ziah, I will be doing my work here today since she is absent" he points at his secretary's desk "um can I use your cabin for today? You know I won't be able to work with all my friends gathered around me so..if you don't mind—" he stops me with a bright smile.

"I understand, you can stay in my cabin and also you can use my laptop if you need anything" I smile nodding at him "Thankyou Max" I forward the lollipop towards him, the one I was holding tightly in my palm everytime Ziyan spoke "Ah No No thankyou you eat" he shakes his head giggling.

"Please I insist, a small thankyou from me" he shakes his head chuckling but takes the lollipop and after waving at him I walk inside the neatly organised cabin.

Taking a seat on his seat, I take a deep breath before rubbing my face to not cry like a freaking kid and show him what I am capable off.

Cursing under my breathe, I look straight ahead where Max and Ziah are giggling on something, and she even gives him a freaking candy, he is not a kid for godsake.

And why the hell was I so rude to Ziah today! She is a kid Ziyan, after her college she straight away joined my company and she is just 21 inexperienced girl, I shouldn't have been so hard on her.

But the way she said she will do it, was the only thing I wanted to hear, I want to promote her to higher position and if she keeps on acting like an irresponsible employee how am I going to do that.

Ofcourse I am partial here, and I don't feel guilty for that, It is also her company and she has all rights to be in a higher position but the problem is she doesn't take my words seriously and that's why I had to be hard on her.

She enters Max's cabin and starts doing her word but my heart clenches when I see her wiping her tears, the reason why she is crying is because of me being a jerk, I should have scolded her more sweetly rather than being a real jerk this time.

I press the bell to call Max and I see him rushing in through my glass wall, where I can clearly see what they are doing but they cannot see what I am doing.

"Yea sir?" He walks in after knocking "Why is Ms Ziah in your cabin?" He turn to look at the glass wall were Ziah is adjusting her hijab "Eyes here Max" I growl glaring at him "I huh—sorry Sir, she said she didn't want her friends disturbing her she asked me if she can work in my cabin so I said yes" he stutters after hearing my rude voice.

"Hmm, get back to work, and do not enter your cabin for today" he nods gulping before rushing out, something has gone wrong with me why the hell was I getting angry on him when he did nothing but helped her.

I take a seat forcing myself to not think about the girl who is upset because of me but Since I cannot do anything about it I reply to the email which I received earlier.

4 hours Later

I glare at the glass wall were I see Ziah still doing her work, without taking a break—and it is all because of me. Freaking hell.

God this girl holds the power of driving me crazy always.

I ring the bell twice Impatiently waiting for Max to enter who rushes in "yes boss?" He breathes heavily "Go ask Ziah why she is still working when break time was over half an hour ago and tell her not to skip her lunch" he looks at me with wide eyes and peeks at Ziah but snaps his head back "what are you waiting for Max? Go and ask her and do not tell her that I said you to ask her did you get that" glaring at the poor soul who is nodding at everything I say I sit back.

He rushes out and knocks at Ziah's door who quickly adjusts her scarf and asks the person to get in, they talk for a while and Ziah giggles at something shaking her head and soon Max was out and he enters my room.

"Yes?" I raise my eyebrow waiting for him to update me "Sir she is saying she is not hungry and that she will eat later...I am sorry sir" he stutters and apologises for No reason but I am getting so angry on myself because again I am the reason why she has skipped her food.

"Order what you always order for me for lunch but add another box to everything and also add crispy chicken" I tell him and he nods quickly rushing out.

Letting out a deep breath I stand up when I see Ziah breaking her knuckle and resting back, probably tired after working continuously.

Not able to see her so much stressed out, since she is not use to so much work and if all of a sudden if I put so much work on her shoulders she will probably faint from over working.

I get out of my room and I walk straight towards Max cabin, ignoring Max who quickly stands up seeing me and other employees who are working. Without knocking the door I get inside but here her gasping loudly and then relaxing when she sees my face.

"What the hell are you doing?" I walk towards her but see her blinking her eyes cutely "huh? Working?" She looks back at her work "why did you skip your lunch?" Her eyes widens when she hears me and quickly looks around probably looking for a camera, god she comes to my room for almost everyday but still she is not aware about the tint glass walls from where I can see most of the employees working.

"Get up" I hold her arm pulling her up knowing she won't do that by herself "Ziyan I have work to do, I did not complete" she whines loudly and I ignore her dragging her towards the door after shutting the laptop close. I take a look to see if her hijaab is properly wrapped before holding her hand and taking her out.

Few gasp of surprise can be heard from my employees and I see Ziah turning and clinging onto my arm so she doesn't face them "god your crazy!"She whines punching my back and I only leave her hand when we enter my office.

She gives me glare before flopping on the couch and after heaving a sigh I do the same.

"I'll eat later I promise" she whines and I hum in response "you will be eating with me and till were have you completed?" I rest back but see her scooting closer with a bright grin "I have started doing the presentation, you'll love it" she grins and giggles shyly when she sees a smile forming on my face looking at the way she is getting excited she grins uncontrollably.

"That's great" I pat her head but I wish I could run my finger through her hair. "I know I am great" she rests not before flipping her hair and I chuckles quietly at that giggling to myself 'mentally'. This is the Ziah I look out for.

"You said you have something to tell me what is that?"

*****

A/n:Ignore the mistakes please I have updated in a hurry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 1.3K 19
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏 π’Šπ’“π’“π’†π’‘π’π’‚π’„π’‚π’ƒπ’π’† 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 π’Šπ’ π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕" ✿✿✿✿✿ Epiphany β€’ ΰ€…ΰ€Ήΰ€Έΰ€Ύΰ€Έ β€’ Ψ§Ψ­Ψ³Ψ§Ψ³ ...
273K 8.3K 11
Okay, you've probably read too many secretaryXboss stories right? I mean, if your boss is totally handsome, any sane woman would probably have an inf...
9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
661K 37K 35
" I don't wanna blink, cause I am afraid to miss even a second of your cuteness" β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ I throw my head back while laughing out loud at the girl who...