Charm

By Midnight-life

Encanto is an amazing place where people are sweet and kind (well most of them) the place where you can live... More

NOTICE
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Hi!
THANK U!?

Chapter 2

11.7K 284 323
By Midnight-life

     ☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Maids job▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

'H-hola' I stutter and give a small wave to everyone.

The familia chuckle but the girls in the line didn't. I heard a gasp so I turn around to see a lovely old lady. She has grey hair and wore a maroon dress and proper dance shoes, she has tan skin and kind eyes. She walks over to me with open arms and suddenly her hands cup my face. One hand pinches my cheek and the other squishes my face. She pulls my face closer to hers as if to inspect me.

'Oh look how preciosa (gorgeous) you are, my my, you are definitely an option for my eldest grandsons wife' she states happily. I blush like mad.

'Mamá!'

The old lady who I presume is Señora Alma let's go of my face and turns to the lady who spoke. The lady had ginger locks with pale skin and a yellow dress and brown sandals she also had a cloud above her head?. She had an older man next to her who I presume is her husband, he has dark curly hair he also wore a yellow ruana with white trousers. He was calming down the ginger. A tall curly brunette stood on the other side of the ginger also trying to calm her down, she wore a bright red skirt with little yellow details at the bottom and had a cream bodes, she wore a concerned look on her face. In front of them stood two boys. One of them looking only about six years old. The little boy also has dark curly hair, he really resembled the older man. He wore yellow too. Next to him stood an older boy he seemed my age too. He has tan skin with light chocolate curls, he has freckles sprinkled all around his face, he has a tint of pink on his cheeks, he also wore yellow.

'What?' The old lady asks.

'You can't say that to any girl who walks in here!' The ginger states. The cloud on her head producing a little bit of thunder.

'Disparates (nonsense) she is a hermosa joven (beautiful young girl) she is definitely fit to marry Camilo!' She says as she waves her hand and who I presume is her daughter. The older boys face went even redder if that was possible, my face heated up too. Señora Alma turned away from her family and turned to face us. 'Now let me see all of you and see who is fit to serve here'

I quickly stood at the end of the line. My face still pink. There had to be at least twenty to twenty-five girls here. Señora Alma continues;

'Our familia has been given a miracle, and this miracle comes with responsibilities that our familia take care of, we have a big familia and with that comes big responsibilities, these responsibilities take time to do and so we do not have enough time to care for our dear Casita and each other I sadly add, this is why I put out the news for this job. This is a huge honour and privilege, and we trust the four who we choose today to be here and become part of the familia' Senora Alma states sternly. Four?. She continues. 'We will choose four of you today and the rest will leave, those four we choose will be put through challenges while you are here, these challenges will prove where you stand in this familia, now let us begin' she clapped her hands and suddenly the house came to life. The tiles moved us all around the place.

I giggled. I managed to stay on my feet while the other girls landed on their asses. Casita brought me back to the line again as Señora Alma came around to each of us inspecting us and introducing her familia. She finally ended up infront of me with her clipboard. I gave her a sweet smile and a respectable bow.

When I rose from the bow she also gave me a warm smile.

'Your name querida (darling) ?' She asks.

'Maria Sánchez, Señora' I reply.

'Encantador (Lovely) name' she says with kind eyes.

'Gracias Señora' I thank.

'Can you cook?' She asks with a raised eyebrow.

'Sí Señora'

'Can you clean?' She questions.

'Sí Señora'

'How old are you?'

'Fifteen Señora' she gasps in delight.

'I really could set you up with my nieto (grandson)!!' She says in delight and my cheeks heat up again.

'Mamá!'

'Oh hush' she says as she waves her hand at her daughter again. 'Could you tell me about your familia?, I don't think I've seen you around here before, I wonder if I know your padres (parents)' she says. I nod.

'I don't live in Encanto, I have never actually never been here before, I live about a day or two walk from here though, through the forest north, its a lovely trail' I explain as I picture the forest I have become so familiar with. 'As for mi familia (my family) it is normally just my older hermanos (brothers) and I, Manolo and Miguel, our Padre (father), Andre is normally searching for work as we aren't the richest familia, so when I heard of this job I was extatic' I smile at her. She smiles back at me.

'And your Mamá?' She asks. My eyes widen. I shuffle my feet in discomfort.

'Oh..ehm...mi Mamá (my mother) she......she died shortly after I was born so I didn't get to know her very well' I mutter. I heard a few giggles from the line of girls next to me. I drop my head so Señora Alma doesn't see my eyes brim with tears. A hand lifts my head, Señora Alma gives me a sweet smile.

'I bet she was an increíble mujer (amazing women)' she says as she cups my face. 'Do you like kids?' She asks out of the blue. I raise an eyebrow.

'Sí Señora' she smiles at my answer and ushers the little boy from earlier over. The kid comes over cautiously. He cradled a little stuffed jaguar in his arms. I smile a bit wider and I bend down onto my knees so I am at the same height as him. He buries his face in his teddy. 'Hola pequeño (little one), my name is Maria, what's yours? ' I greet. He raises his head a bit.

'H-hola M-maria, I'm Antonio' He stutters. I giggle.

'I love your teddy' I say. His head springs up from his teddy jaguar.

'Really!' He asks happily.

I nod. 'I love jaguar's they are so pretty'

'I know! They are my favourite animal! Mariabel made me this!' He says pointing at the young girl who let me in earlier. She shyly waves. I wave back.

'She did an amazing job! What other animals do you like?' I ask. When I ask him this he breaks out of his shy shell and starts talking away to me happily about every animal possible. He told me so many facts about each animal like most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale. I never knew that! I smile brightly at his enthusiasm.

'Bueno (okay) Antonio, why don't you go back to the others and you can talk to Maria later, bueno? (Okay)' Señora Alma says as she comes over to us with a soft expression. Antonio pouts. I giggle.

'I promise to talk to you about animals once I'm done this interview, bueno?'

'You promise?' He clarifies. I chuckle and lift him into my arms and I twirl around with him in my arms and he is a laughing mess. I stop and look down at the giggling boy.

'I promise Antonio' I say and smile, he returns it with his own and gives me a big hug, I hug back then place him down. He runs over to his Mamá, Papa and hermana and hermano. They four have big smiles. The ginger looks over at me and mouths 'Gracias'. I give a small bow back. Señora Alma stands infront of us all again. I gulp.

'Well this has definitely been interesting day, so before I continue with introducing mi familia to you all properly, I have chosen the four who will be staying here' she says. My breath hitches and I close my eyes in anticipation. She starts naming girls off of her clipboard. 'Sofia Lopez, Olivia Garcia, Victoria Ortiz' those three girls burst out into squeals and they hug each other in delight. 'And last but not least....' I held my breath. 'María Sánchez!' She says. I let go of the breath I was holding. I smile in delight. I jump up and down.

Suddenly two arms were wrapped around my waist. I look down and see Antonio with a huge smile on his face.

'Yay!' He squeaks, I giggle and pick him up.

'Your not gonna get rid of me that easily buddy boy' I say as I tickle his sides. His laughter fills all of Casita. I soon stop as he was loosing his breath. I place the boy back down to the floor. He grabbed onto my hand. I look up from the boy and see the three girls that had been picked along with me had been glaring at me this entire time while Señora Alma and her familia had been staring at us with soft expressions. I smile.

'Gracias Madrigals'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 202 15
After the encanto broke and the miracle died, Mirabel Madrigal ran away feeling guilty. Everyone was desperately looking for her, but nobody found he...
9.9K 266 24
Mirabel is tired of being known as the disappointment of the family and is tired of everyone complimenting the other's gifts while she doesn't have a...
90.4K 2.5K 23
ᵉⁿᶜᵃⁿᵗᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ The Madrigal family who lives somewhere in Colombia, who has a magical gift Y/n who is younger than Mirabel by tw...
5.6K 152 22
Bruno Madrigal had been living in the walls of Casita for 10 whole years. He lost a lot of time. Returning was very awkward for him at first, not bei...