The Lucarelli queen

By diane9113

When left at the altar Haley decides to go on a trip to Europe to find her true self. Her plan takes a diffe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 17

12.3K 258 9
By diane9113

1 week later

Italy

I landed in Italy and got off the plane and went to collect my bags. When I got my bags and went out the departure - arrival area I saw Bella already waiting for me. She ran to me and gave me the tightest hug which I returned.

''I missed you so much'' Bella tells me while still hugging me.

''I missed you too'' I say to her with almost tears in my eyes from how happy I was to see her.

''How was the flight?'' She asks me.

''Boring, I feel so tired and my back hurts'' I whine to her about my aching back and she just laughs at me while I stretch my back. 

''Let's get you to the hotel'' She tells me and helps me with one of my bags.

We get to the car and she had taken one of Riccardo's cars. As we got in Riccardo's scent mixed with fresh car smell entered my nostrils and made butterflies tickle my stomach. It made me miss him even more and I wanted to see him, talk to him, see how he's doing.

We drove to the hotel that Bella had booked for me and it was fancy, and I could see that she spend way too much money on it.

''You know you could of just gotten me a simple hotel somewhere out of the big city?'' I tell her raising my eyebrows.

''No, because if Riccardo will find out I put you in a 'simple' hotel he would kill me'' She tells me and I tense up hearing his name. I roll my eyes at Bella's voice calling me back to earth. We get to my room and she helps me settle in.

''I got you a dress and everything for the ball tomorrow so you don't have to worry about that'' She tells me and I give her a smile.

''Thank you Bella, it means a lot'' I give her a hug.

We go to the couch and catch up about everything that has happened while we've been apart. It wasn't long after that I felt sleep come over me and I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

''Go to sleep, you need to be well rested for tomorrow and I'm gonna go and I'll see you tomorrow morning'' She tells me and gives me one last hug before she leaves.

I walk in the bedroom and shut the heavy curtains that cut out all the light making it pitch black in the room. 'Perfect' I think to myself and get in my PJ's and go to sleep away my jet lag.

The next morning

''Wake up!'' I hear Bella's voice and just as I go to look she pulls open the heavy curtain making the sun rays beam in my face.

''Close the curtains Bella'' I tell her squeezing my eye's shut and placing my hands in front of them.

''No, you have to get up and we have a lot of things to do'' She tells me and pulls me out of the bed by my hand.

''Go shower and come eat breakfast'' She tells me.

''Fine mom'' I respond and go to the bathroom.

I get in the shower and feel the warm water run down my body, I wash my hair and shave. I get out in my robe with a towel around my wet head and go to eat breakfast which Bella had taken care of. I sit by the table with her, the table being filled with foods.

''This is too much food for the two of us Bella'' I tell her letting out a sigh thinking what a waste of food this was.

''Oh stop it we will feed the rest to the homeless'' She tells me, making me wonder if she was joking or being serious.

I eat some food that I though was the most appetizing and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and dry my hair. I put on some jeans and a sweater and went back out to see Bella.

''We have a nail appointment at 11am, then makeup at 2 pm and hair at 4pm'' She tells me all the thing's we need to get done.

''Now come on or we're gonna miss our nail appointment'' She tells me and pulls me to go get dressed and we leave the hotel and go to the nail studio we were getting our nails done at. Bella had told me that my dress was baby blue so I went with some white almond shaped not too short but also not too long nails that made my hands look delicate.

We then left and went to get a quick lunch before running back to the hotel where we would get our makeup and hair done.

The makeup artists came and I showed him what type of make up I wanted. I had chosen a simple makeup look that looked really natural.

He put some golden eye shadow on my eyelids making them stand out a bit but keeping it natural. And for lips he went with a nude shade and some lip gloss over it.

Then just as the makeup artists were finishing up the hairstylists came and started doing our hair. My hair was straightened to perfection and we left it at that as Bella had said that it would match really well with my dress.

Then it was already 6pm and the ball starts at 7:30pm. It was time to get dressed. I got my dress and it was beautiful, it was indeed baby blue and it had a flowy skirt and a corset type top with some embroidered flowers. The dress was matched with some white simple heels and a white mask that had white butterflies.

''Wow you look amazing'' Bella tells me with her mouth wide open while she stares at me.

''You look at yourself, you look like a princess'' I tell her looking at her pink dress that was big and puffy.

We go to give a hug to each other. We really did look beautiful.

''Are you ready?'' She asks me knowing I was worried.

'Am I ready?' I ask myself knowing I was so close to seeing everybody I left three moths ago, I was about to see Riccardo. He for sure wouldn't know who I am with the mask that Bella had chosen for me, but did I really want him to not know I was there? Was I really going there to see him and move on or was I going there to see if he still misses me like I miss him? All these thoughts run trough my head but I shake them off and go to answer Bella.

''Yes I am ready'' I tell her and she gives me a reassuring smile.

''Let's go then'' We go to leave the hotel where a car was waiting for us.

''Now remember, when the security asks you your name you say 'Melanie Hernandez' '' Bella reminds me as we drive to the mansion where she lives and I once stayed.

''Don't worry, it's gonna be alright'' She tells me seeing my nervousness grow as we get closer and closer to the mansion.

We drive in the mansion's driveway and there already was a line of cars in front of us and by the big entrance of the house there were fancy dressed men and women getting out and going in.

''Now put on you mask'' Bella tells me while putting on a mask on herself. I go to do the same as she asked me to.

I take one deep breath as we drive up to the entrance of the mansion and a man opens the door for us giving Bella a hand to get out and then he does the same for me. Bella waits for me as I hop out and I look up at the big mansion that I had missed so dearly and my heart racing knowing that no one other than Riccardo was somewhere in this mansion.

''What's your name?'' I hear a guard ask me interrupting my thoughts.

''Melanie Hernandez'' I say not looking away from the mansion.

''Alright miss, have a great night'' He tells me as he lets me past the security.

Me and Bella walk in the mansion all the memories rushing back to me. How could I pretend I was a stranger when I knew every room of this house and every person that stayed here.

''Let's go to my room while all the guest arrive'' Bella tells me and I give her a nod following to her room.

We pass the room that was once mine and I could smell a strong perfume coming from it, probably Natasha's perfume. It made my heart break knowing she was staying in once my room, but also made me happy knowing that she and Riccardo didn't share a bed.

''You can take your mask off now'' Bella tells me as we enter her room and I do that as it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world.

''I'm gonna go get something you wait here'' She tells me as she walks in her closet.

I stare at the big painting above her bed, realizing I never really looked at it that good when I was living here. I hear the doors behind me open and I hear a familiar voice.

''Bella?''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 767 100
[Complete] (Editing) Isabella Perez, from a mafia family, in search of a better start in life, runs away from her family and moves to New York for b...
26K 707 21
Esther Marie Lucarelli is a born mafia princess. By day she goes by Marie Moore and by night she is Esther Lucarelli. Only the closest to her know Es...
291K 9K 26
• They were nothing alike and yet had everything in common. He saved her and she saved him. They saved each other from each other.• Derek Roman . He...
65.8K 3.6K 39
Could you run away from your destiny? Rick almost managed it. He could seem like the boy next door, but he had a big dark secret. He ran away from h...