All because of a Murder (Matt...

By JustaFangirl10

Y/n Granger was having a normal day until she decided to go to a book store in the muggle world. There, she a... More

Meet the People
Murder
Surprise Guest
Threat
Partners, Potions, and Quidditch
"Love" and "Death"
Roommate
Party's and Slumber
Blood
Meeting the Parents (partially)
The Rest of the Night
Morning After
Romeo and Juliet
Halloween Party
Waking up with you
A/N
When the fun's over...
Sky High
Detention
Noses and None
A/N
The Past Collides
2 Steps Ahead
Don't get your Parties in a Twist!
Memory Shift
Deadly Dinner
The Promise
The Wedding is On?
Living in the Moment
Truth or Dare
A/N
The Proposal
A/N
Christmas Break
The Library
A/N
My Wedding Day
A/N: NEW STORY!!!

Fine Line between Love and Hate

6.6K 113 125
By JustaFangirl10

As I walked out of the office, all of my friends were there. Hermione stood up the moment she saw me and ran over to give me a hug. 

"What happened? Is everything ok? What punishment did you get? Did you get expelled? Please tell me you didn't get expelled? SPEAK WOMEN! SPEAK!" Hermione screamed.

"If you would give me a chance, I would," I chuckled, "Nothing crazy happen. Yes, everything's fine.  Surprisingly, I didn't get a punishment. So, if you couldn't tell already, I didn't get expelled."

"Wait... What?" Mione asked, shocked.

"Mr. Riddle said it wasn't my fault, and it sounded like it was Mattheo's fault," I explained.

"Is that all he said?" Nicole asked.

No. 

"Yea. That was pretty much the whole conversation," I lied. I didn't want to lie, but I was finally in a good place with my friends. I just got Nicole back. It was like the old days, and I wasn't going to ruin it with something that probably isn't even true.

"Awesome!" my friends agreed.  As they walked out the door, I stayed put.

"Is he still unconscious?" I, hesitantly, asked.

"Sadly, no..." Nicole said, suspiciously, "Why do you ask?"

"No reason!" I shrugged.

As I was about to walk out the door, Luna pulled me back.

"It's ok," Luna smiled.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled, nervously.

"It's ok that you still like him!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied.

"Y/N, it's fine! People can be absolutely horrible to you, but you can't change your feelings in a day. The girls may not understand that, but I do! You can talk to me," Luna said, hugging me.

I opened my mouth, but before anything could come out: 

"What's taking you so long! We have places to be," Mia groaned.

"Coming," we yelled, together.

"Alright, well, breakfast is almost over, so let's eat before classes!" Hermione said, already walking away.

We all split up to our separate tables and rushed to finish a plate of food in less than 5 minutes.  I was almost finished with my bacon (A/N: sorry if you don't eat bacon) when my sister grabbed my arm and practically threw me out of the Great Hall.  Students were scurrying along the halls trying to make it to class in time. Hermione was dragging me through the halls when I remembered what class I was going to. 

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I can't go in there!" 

"Why?" my sister asked, but realization soon hit her. "Oh... I bet he won't even be there. You did break his nose, so they're probably keeping him for a little while. Just to recover."

"Madam Pomfrey can fix a break like that easily!" I argued.

"Yea, but you just got out of a meeting with his dad."

"So?" I asked.

"What kind of a father wouldn't visit his son? I bet they're talking right now! So, can we go?" my sister basically begged.

"Yea, I guess," I said, hesitantly.

We ran to class and almost didn't make it in time.

"You're late!" Snape shouted.

"Actually, we're early," Hermione beamed.  Right after she said that the bell rang.

"No one likes a smart ass! Detention, Ms. Granger!" Snape roared. "Are you just going to stand there? You've wasted enough of my class time! SIT!"

I looked up to see Mattheo sitting in the seat next to mine. I thought about running out, but that would just show I'm weak.  I'm going to sit there and ignore him every second of it. I'm not going to have some random boy run me out of an education!

I sat down, and he immediately tried to talk to me. He very quickly learned that he wasn't going to get an answer. It was almost like Snape knew what I was trying to do because...

"Today, we'll be doing some partner work. The person next to you will be your partner! Have fun," Snape laughed, a toothy, crooked smile directed straight towards me. 

"Sir, what potion are we doing today?" a girl from the Gryffindor side asked.

"Did I tell you that you could speak?! Ten points from Gryffindor!" Snape cackled.

Draco, quickly, rose his hand. 

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy?" 

"What potion are we doing today, sir?" Draco smirked.

"Amortenia," Snape replied.

'Oh, come on!' I thought to myself.

I grabbed my potion book, and swiftly, turned the pages. I, finally, found the ingredients for Amortenia.

"I can get them," Mattheo offered.

"No, thanks. I wouldn't want you leaving anything," I growled.

I hustled over to the potion ingredients and scanned over them all. I grabbed everything I needed and got started. 

"Are we ever going to talk about this?" Mattheo asked.

"If you would read the instructions, we wouldn't have to talk about it," I snapped.

"Please, Y/N!" 

"What do you want from me?! You just left me there!"

"I'm sorry~" he started.

"No, I don't want your apologies! Why did you leave me there?"

He was silent.

"You wanted to talk, so let's talk! Why, Mattheo? Why did you just leave me here? Why? Answer me damn it!" I yelled causing the whole class to turn to us.

"Well, since your sudden outburst, Ms. Granger, I think a ticket to detention would help you settle, don't you?" Snape said.

"It was me, professor. Not her," Mattheo chimed in.

"I don't need your help, Riddle! Back off! I'm not a little princess that needs saving, and you're certainly no damn prince!" I growled.

"Both of you; hallway! Now!" Snape roared. "Handle this on your own, and come back when you're done wasting my time."

When we stepped into the hallway, he didn't waste a second.

"I'm sorry!" 

"I already told you. I don't care about your apology. I just want to know, why?" I asked.

"I can't tell you?"

"What do you mean; you can't tell me?!"

"You just have to trust me," Mattheo said.

"Fine, Mattheo. Screw you! Well, I have a grade to get," I sighed. Mattheo grabbed my wrist before I could reach the door.

"I did it for me!"

"Imagine that!" 

"Snape threatened me..."

"What do you mean: Snape threatened you?" I asked.

"He said that if I didn't get up and leave at that moment that he was going to get me expelled, and he said that he would make sure I never saw you again."

"Wait~ But, why would he do that?"

"I swear! Please!" Mattheo pleaded.

"I do believe you! Now, let's go in there and finish that potion!"

Mattheo stopped talking and just looked into my eyes.

"Can I have that kiss now?" Mattheo asked, finally.

"I think that can be arranged," I said, pulling him down towards me. Then, just like that, our lips locked. We made it quick so we weren't caught, but it was passionate. 

"Well, we better get back in there," Mattheo said as our lips departed. He was looking down with that cute smile of his.

As we walked back into the classroom, all eyes were on us. Although, neither of us let it faze us. 

"We have a lot of work to do before the end of the class, so let's split it up!" I said, optimistically. 

We divided the work equally and managed to finish the potion before half of the class, somehow. Mattheo tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at the chalkboard.

'When you're finished, have both partners smell it, and write what you smell down."

"Do you want to go first?" Mattheo asked.

"Uh~ sure!" I replied.

I inhaled, deeply, and let the scents consume me.  I closed my eyes, so I could focus more. 

"I smell..." I started, "smoke."

"Ok," Mattheo said, as he startled scrawling on a piece of paper.

"Firewhiskey? I think," I said, adding a laugh.

"Alright," Mattheo said, quickly writing it down (like before).

"Old books!" 

"Are you sure it isn't leather?" Theo asked, finally looking up from the paper.

"A lot of old books are made from leather, so it's probably both," I replied.

"That true. Didn't think about that," he agreed.

"Your turn!" 

"Wow!" he said, with wide eyes.

"What?" 

"Vanilla; a lot of vanilla," he laughed.

"I can't judge her for that. Vanilla is a very tasteful flavor in my opinion."

"Is that so?" 

"It just so happens to be one of my favorites!" I laughed. "Now, hurry up and keep sniffing!"

"Alright, alright," he chuckled, holding his hands up as if to surrender. "Burning fire, and..." 

He paused.

"Also, old books!"

"I like her! When you figure out who she is, tell me!" 

"Alright, I will," Theo smiled. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 1.6K 20
Valentina Black loses her mother and little sister after they were murdered in their home one night. She then gets dropped off to her father's helpe...
12.3K 924 9
Although Eva always knew that being killed was a possibility in her line of work, she never expected to be greeted by a deity that had only been know...
2.5M 51.4K 92
๐™Ž๐™ช๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ, ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™š ๐™ค๐™›๐™› ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™. "๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™€๐™ฃ๐™ฏ๐™ค, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™–๐™˜๏ฟฝ...
15.1K 235 24
In her fifth year, Y/N Granger meets the new guy Mattheo Riddle. They get to know eachother and get closer and closer to eachother. Everything seems...