Way Back Home

By Kooknamari

Ranvijay, a Cold man by nature, battling the world and himself, gets tied up with a selfless shy girl, Nihari... More

Where my Home is.
The Salvation
Niharika- the first Rain Drop
Damn! A whole mother material.
Wildflowers over Roses.
Molester?
Too hot to resist
Butterflies and Snowflakes
Silence before the Storms
Author's Note
Romantic Ranvijay
The Date and the Interruption
I will hug your worries away
Lurking Dangers
It's You, Only You
Come to Me
I like me better, when I am with you
Dirty Waters
Feel me, with every fibre of yours.
I got You
Setting the Priorities
Lights Down Low (18+)
My little brother
Warmth and Betrayal
Heart break
I don't do Roses
And I tell you!
Question to Readers
Birthday?
Birthday Party
Fire in their breaths
How will it be?
Dumbo but mine
Our Love will keep us Going
Way To Home
That time of the month
You and I
Story Suggestion
Popped bubbles
You are my 🍯 to the 🌙
Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter (18+)

First Strike

2K 132 15
By Kooknamari

(Thank you for 530+ views and 96 votes, till now. This is a gift for you. Since, I have entered that part of the story where there are facing problems, and I try to write from a more realistic point of view, this might have some lesser romantic scenes of Ranvijay and Niharika, and focus more on their growth and love, their circumstances and surroundings. Also, as you have noticed, there are some new characters, portion of them will also be here. I am a learning writer, actually just a reader who writes to express her thoughts, pardon me for any mistakes, the comment section is open for any suggestion, criticism, anything. Thank you.)

_________________________________________________

Ranvijay, Niharika, Parth and Sunaina were enjoying their breakfast. Sunaina was blabbering about one thousand things happening in her life, and Niharika was stuffing pieces of sandwich in her mouth occasionally in between her continuous chats. She was alternatively feeding Sunaina and Parth. God knows, what Parth was understanding, but he was saying, "Haww, he did that, how mean!", "No no, Sunu masi, u deserve better." "See even this 10 year old kid knows, those buffoons don't!"

"Why don't you join somewhere else? You already know, how much fame you have. Your company is actually feeding on your name, still that MD of yours is favoring others. This shouldn't be the case, right. Why are you scaring change so much, it isn't like you don't have enough to sustain if things go south. But if this carries on, you will stuck in the same place." Niharika tried to console a raging Sunaina, who was angry on her company's management.

"It's not easy, you know. The fact that I started from there and I am emotionally attached to the place. I have although submitted a warning letter to the HR. Let's see." Sunaina replied.

Ranvijay suddenly joined the conversation, "It won't benefit complaining to the HR only. If you feel you are wronged, you can directly appeal for an investigation report on that to the CEO, atleast I have a department separately for investigations on employee's request. Employee satisfaction and security is an important factor for keeping the company stable. You should directly appeal to the CEO."

Both Sunaina and Niharika was stunned at Ranvijay's word.

"Your husband isn't that useless, you know." Sunaina mocked, to which Niharika snickered, "How much do you know my husband? He isn't what you think of him." Ranvijay smiled internally at his wife supporting him.

"Yes, Ranvi uncle is very brave, Sunu masi. Yesterday, he killed two cockroaches and threw them out of the window. They were even bigger than the one you got scared at, last time.He didn't even flinch when the ghost screamed in the movie, yesterday." If Ranvijay's was happy at his words, Parth's word made him ecstatic and proud.

A smile crept on his face, when he remembered Niharika and Parth clinging on him on both sides, scared of the ghost in the laptop screen. They were so scared that Parth hid his face in his chest on his lap, and Niharika hid her face in his shoulder, clinging to his arm. How much complete he felt at that time, being able to be someone, his wife hides in fear. May be this is what he was missing, a feeling of family.

Sunaina was happy from inside, finding her bestie happy, but she can't show that. Not in front of Ranvijay.

Nitin took Parth back home after breakfast. While Sunaina and Niharika chatted for some more. Ranvijay excused him to get ready for office.

(Niharika)                            ( Sunaina)

-Are you happy, Nihu?

-More than ever.

-Did he open up? What was that all about?

-Um, a lot. But it was getting too depressing all at once, so we decided to stop there. And the divorce, I think that too is his mother's plan. He made them after our marriage, thinking that I shouldn't be bound in the marriage, but annulled it as soon as he understood it's me who can handle him.😂😂😂

-That Wife of A dog, how much more impossible can he be.

-Btw, why did you go to his office that day? And who is your NRI friend?

-This ungrateful bish! Yah! I did all for you! You were being miserable without him. That's why I thought of giving that shit some piece of mind, which he sure is lacking. You know right, I can't see you pain.

- Thank you, that NRI trick worked. Who is it anyway?

-Mohit😂

-Hatt, Mohit is already married.

-Yess but your husband doesn't know that!

-Intelligent cat

-How dare you call me cat in front of him earlier! Eii eii, you know that day, I used a karate shot on one of his employee. That shit was way too much self boasting.

-😂 how did he look?

-Handsome tbh, but who does he think of himself to be that much proud about his beauty. He ain't Jin, so threw him on the ground.

Niharika couldn't stop her laugh. "Oops, mom calling. Bye, gotta go home."

Niharika bid her good bye, went to room and saw Ranvijay sitting on the bed, eyes blank and focused on the ground. His face was stoic, just like it turns when he is deeply disturbed.

Niharika silently stood in front of him, touching his shoulder, asking in a calm and gentle voice, "What happened?"

Ranvijay lifted his face, eyes zeroed on her, "What I have fearing. I told you right, there is some unusual reports popping up and how I started investigation on it?" Niharika nodded. Last day when Ranvijay was sharing his inner conflicts, he did mention about his company and how he thinks someone is tampering with the information. He continued, "a call came some time ago, from Cyber Crime Department." He played the call recording, "Hello, Mr. Ranvijay Singh. Yes, we are talking from Cyber Crime Department. Someone has complained about you stealing information for manipulating deals. We would like to investigate the computers of your company."

"I don't know what I will do now. Already business is not going good, our company lost two big projects just because of two employees didn't do their part correctly in the last moment. How much more can I handle, say me? I am already working days and nights. In a month, there will be shareholder's meeting, any wrong decision, any wrong move on my part, will jeopardize my position in the company."

"Shhh, calm down." Niharika gently caressed his head in one hand, cupping his cheeks in the other, "Don't worry, you have worked hard. My mother always said, Hardwork never goes in vain. This is just a tough time, I am sure, you will get through this. You always did. And this time, I am with you too. And as far as position is concerned, how does it matter?

Ranvijay shook his head, "I am not alone this time, I have your responsibility too, I can't help being unemployed at this point of time."

Niharika interrupted, "Hey, I am as much your responsibility as you are mine. I am a full time professor for God's sake, I earn well, I can feed both of us three times a day, you won't need a job for that. I don't wanna be or will neither be a burden on you. CEO or not, Employed or not, YOU will always be my HUSBAND, my partner, my better half. ALWAYS."

Ranvijay smiled at her bringing her close in between her legs and placed his head on her torso hugging her waist, "It's not only that, Nanu gave me that company, when mom transferred all properties of father on Arjun's name. He believed in me, that I can and will keep his company and workers safe from any such money-hungry agenda. I can't go wrong and let it slip it out of my hand. I can't break his trust. It's like his last blessing to me. A part of the company's income goes to the hospital unit on Nani's name, if someone else comes, I don't know if they will keep it."

Niharika consoled him, rubbing his back and caressing his head, "Don't worry, You will get through this. I am with you, na. First contact a private investigator, then a hacker. Talk it out with your lawyer. Go step by step. Everything will be sorted."

Ranvijay hid his face even more in her body, "I did the first time you asked me to. I will see too it."

Niharika kissed his crown, "Yes my King, I know, you will beat them. You are my brave husband, right, kill them like those cockroaches, yeah?"

Ranvijay giggled a bit at the mention of cockroaches. His heart whispered to him, Thank God, I got married to you, Niharika. It's not like I never dealt with problems, but this time I feel stronger.

"If my assumptions are right, the Team of Head of IT is snitching and introducing those bugs. Can you imagine, what kind of havoc that can cause, having one of your heads in dirty water?" Ranvijay said to Niharika.

"Ei, you can talk to Sunaina, honestly. Trust me. She has hell lot of connection in the tech world, she can surely help you. Also, interview her. She is thinking of resigning, and you need a better Team Head for your company. She might help you." Niharika was confident about Sunaina knowing her ways were lethal and full proof at times of crisis.

"Like she will agree,"
"I will ask her, don't worry. Now get ready and go to office, I will go to college too. Text me or call me, if anything happens or you just wanna talk, okay?"

Ranvijay nodded. "Don't worry, I know my husband is innocent and he will solve this. Fighting!" She planted a kiss on his temple.

Ranvijay smiled and went to the office.

The day went on. The investigations were going on. Ranvijay submitted the reports of his internal investigation and security reports, to the department. He came back to Niharika's flat with some of his clothes and slumped on her couch.

She brought water to him and sat beside him asking about his day. He looked at her, and slid into the couch, keeping his head on her lap, mumbling, "Too much stressful."

"Okay, the dinner is ready. Freshen up and eat."

"I don't feel like eating, you eat. I will go and sleep."

She didn't say anything. He went to freshen up, and when he came out of the washroom, Niharika was sitting on the bed, with a plate of food. He sat in front of her, trying to understand what she was trying to do, she lifted her hand with a morsel of food, he slumped his shoulders,
"I told you, I am not hungry." "I know, but I am, and I won't eat, until you eat." Ranvijay accepted her hand and ate the food silently, while she fed him and herself.

When she returned to bed, after washing her hands, and keeping the plate, she saw him looking at the ceiling blankly lying down. She crawled to him, hugging his waist and keeping her head on his chest. Ranvijay too wound his arm around her, reflexively. 

(Niharika)                                          ( Ranvijay)
-What's bothering you?

-Arjun came by.

-What did he say?

-I should leave it to him, I am better off doing nothing.

-What's with you and Arjun? Were you too always like this?

-Not actually, we used to be inseparable souls. I love him a lot. He too did. It was all well till I left for hostel. It was dad's decision to send me off to the hostel. I did everything to make him proud. I hated coming to home during vacations. The distance ended our brotherly connection. He wasn't the same, he started getting irritated with my presence, may be because I was academically better than him. Then it happened, he attempted suicide. From then, everything turned vile on my side. Mom was guilty of not loving him properly, so she did everything to suffice him. He became hungry for money and power from then on. I miss my little brother, I left at the age of sixteen.

Niharika hugged him tighter. "I wish everything will be okay between you two, someday."

Ranvijay hugged her even tighter, "Hope so."

________________________________________________

Arjun's backstory from Ranvijay's side is out. Let's see what happens next.

Hope you liked it. Thank you for giving Way Back Home chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 44.6K 55
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...
6.3K 192 16
"I do believe in love and for me love is my passion and my reputation" - Soumya Rajput ---------------------------- I don't know about love, but If y...
473K 23.2K 63
For her, he is the light of her life. She never thought of leaving him. But unknowingly they got into a fight. He went out leaving her alone in the h...
204K 15.4K 41
Dhruv Malhotra: Business tycoon of India ,CEO of Malhotra & Co... He is the eldest son of the family..Someone who loves his family more than anything...