My Knight In Shining Armor

By Cyber_TechDude

(Edited Description: May 13, 2022) Where People take royalty too highly, leadership and friendships are made... More

Information
1. A Promise Is A Promise (Prologue)
2. Royal Academy (Greetings To The Escort)
3. Short Class (Philip Is Biased)
4. Time For A Lunchbreak (Philip Didn't Get Lunch And Break)
5. I Now Have Two Friends (POV You're Philip)
6. A Masked Man (Da Bad Guy!)
7. An Encounter With The Popular Student (Like Cliches)
8. The Garden (You Are Welcomed)
9. The Library (Why Is He Here?)

10. The Memories They Whisper (Heal It With A Song)

477 19 13
By Cyber_TechDude

Summary:

-It's time for Philip to shine.

-Philip could hear voices, yet one seems to be much clearer. Why is that?

-Hit me with that Angst!

-The Masked Man is still very Mysterious

-Philip and Russia have a chat

-Bits and pieces of flashbacks to taking the throne

-You non-filipino people about to learn our language today!

____________________________________

~Third Person's POV~

"The Masked Man..." Philip whispered, touching the engraved title of the book as he studied its contents. The golden design on it certainly piqued his interests, the familiar designs he knew he's seen before but never thought about. His eyes lingered at the book cover, a mask similar to that of the ones seen in theaters, oddly enough similar to...

His brain adds automatically, and he held back the unnerving feeling.

Like the night before...

Shaking his head, he noticed that the book already had a red bookmark stuck between the pages. He was curious, but then he thought about it for a moment... wouldn't that be like spoilers for him?

Reluctantly, he made the decision to place it back in its bookshelf, rightfully so. He'd respect whoever was recently reading this and place it back until the bookmark was gone. He has been taught to become a better person. Morality is the key.

Smiling confidently to himself, he was about to place it back, when suddenly, a strange voice whispered.

"Read the story, until you know what's to come by the end of it," with that being said, the teen jolted in suprise, throwing the book upwards on accident. And of course, he did not react to it positively. Frantically, he rushed at the other side of the bookshelf after hearing the loud plop.

He hoped that he wouldn't get in trouble for throwing good literacy, books are precious treasures of knowledge.

The voice continued to whisper.

"Once you've reached the climax, you may never be the same again,"

He flinched, 'There it goes again!'

"Once a story ends, do you think it's the beginning?"

'Where is this coming from?!'

"We're all the heroes of our stories, meaning, we're also a villain in someone else's story."

'Who said tha- Actually, that hit hard,' his pace slowed and he quickly looked everywhere for the source. He looked left and right but to his despair, found no one.

It continued to whisper, however more unrecognizable to hear on what they're saying as they grew loud and messy, creating a round of hissing, agonizingly scrambling his brain at the stressful noises being produced.

Terrified, he slowly backed off, covering his ears from the deafening volume of which is probably not heard by anyone but him as they whispered similar words he was able to catch up. His brows creased in utter confusion.

These words... they don't sit right with him. Yet... they seem familiar?

...Crown...

He refused to wear his father's crown...

"Bloodline cut..."

He was the only one left.

"Throne..."

Refused to claim what he didn't deserve.

"A cycle..."

He frowned at that, 'A cycle?'

A story...

What?

A sword...

What...sword?

The heir...

Beneath the garden of wisteria, lies the other side of the barrier...

He snapped open his eyes.

A knight...

The memory flashed into his mind's eye, followed by a deep voice that came to disrupt that thought, louder than all than the others, with a dark chuckled accompanying it.

It's voice laced in mockery, "Are you enjoying this? Your highness."

He swiftly turned around to the source of the voice, recognizable and clearer than all the others.

He saw no one around however, and he cautiously prepared a more careful stance, something he had been taught about self defence after the war ceased. His face scrunched up in dissatisfaction, the whispers wouldn't stop replaying.

'Why am I suddenly hearing voices!?' He asked himself in misery painted across his face.

"Well, you don't seem to look so well." mused the voice. "Perhaps leaving you alone wasn't the best idea, was it not?"

Philip raised a brow in response.

"Ah nevermind."

"How... are you in my head?" he roughly whispered, his eyes overshadowed by his vibrant colored locks of bangs.

"Hm?"

"No... why are you in my head?" he asked, holding back the desperation that would hang off of it.

"Funny you asked that," the voice chuckled dryly, "It's just that I've noticed you've been reading a book about me. And well... as flattered as I am with you wanting to know me better as your fellow assassin," Philip rolled his eyes, "I think it's best to say that you're one little cheater."

"If I recall, you didn't seem to have mentioned any rules at the time," he glared at nothing with crossed arms, thankful there weren't any people here to thing he's delusional. "So generally speaking, I think it's fair that I could atleast have some knowledge about you, is it not?"

The man chuckled amusedly this time, echoing in his mind as the whispers slowly died down for their conversation, thankfully.

"Clever thinking there, I guess I was in a hurry at the time. The laws don't apply that much to me anyway, aside from that, I thought for certain you wouldn't do such a thing for a day. You were such a nice boy." he claimed with a fake offended tone, Philip obviously getting frustated by it all.

"Well since you're here, aren't you gonna steal the book away from me or something?"

"Do you want me to?"

Out of utter confusion and the error occuring in his brain, the question was to say... really sudden.

"Well...no..." he mumbled.

Casually as if this were a normal conversation, the voice blatantly responded with this, "Well then I won't. Besides, you outsmarted me so I might as well give you credit for it." he laughed all carefree, and Philip could already imagine him shrugging if he were physically here, "You're probably the first victim I have to actually amuse me."

Philip pretended to not have heard that. It was better off letting it fall off on deaf ears anyway. He chuckled nervously, "Hehe... thanks, I guess?"

The man's laugh halted instantly, intimidatingly so. The silence that followed making it all the more uncomfortable. Philip didn't dare make another unnecessary reply that would lead to unwanted trouble because of his mistake, some people even when usually joking around should sometimes be taken seriously.

Flatly, the voice started, "Truthfully, I didn't only come here to torment you."

Philip stood up, raising a brow as he heard that.

He heard the other clear his throat.

"My boss is a very impatient man turns out. It seems that he requests for your presence by the end of the day." Philip grew rigid at those words.

"I heard that it's gonna be a full moon tonight. It'll be a fine meeting to set up, I'm sure!" The masked man didn't seem to be bothered by it all, in fact, he seems a lot cheerful about it.

The sound of clapping resounded reaching both of his ears, making him unable to detect which direction he's in. Perhaps it's telepathic communication like those books say?

He squinted his eyes.

Ah, then does that mean the assassin's a psychic?

"No I'm not."

Philip jolted.

"Y-you could hear my thoughts!?" yelled Philip in bewilderment, immediately slapping a hand on his mouth. Suddenly he paled at the new discovery.

HE WAS FACING AN UNKNOWN PERSON WHO'S ABLE TO DO TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION! IS THIS REALLY WHO HE'S UP AGAINST!? HE COULD BE HEARING HIS THOUGHTS WHEREVER HE IS WITHOUT HIM EVEN KNOWING! HE MIGHT HAVE EVEN STARTED THIS STALKING HIM THING WAY EARLIER THAT HE REALIZED-

"You're thinking too loudly. And don't you dare address me to someone as lowly as a stalker," he glared and a huff could be heard. "My standards are high I'll have you know."

Such manners, Philip had to avoid his thoughts from voicing them. "Then if that's the case, then how did you manage to talk and know what's in my head all of a sudden?"

The other hummed as if considering it.

"I'm not sure you'd understand such a high-level secret kept from the public, but it seems my work here is done. I'll be leaving now."

"Wha-HEY! Are you seriously gonna leave just like that!?" pointlessly yelled Philip as he nearly whined at the unfairness.

And he was just getting the information he's been needing!!

"Why yes. I've done my job, now all you gotta do is do yours. That's all and remember, arrive at the same location by 7 P.M. sharp, don't be late~" he added in a singsong tone, fading out of his ears as he fell through silence unheard.

The voices including the masked man's vanished within an instant, making Philip nearly stumble through his thoughts as he listens into the sound of quietness. Unfortunately he wasn't one to back down just yet.

"No, wait-" a huge painful pang felt strickened through his chest, making him gasp sharply as his knees greew weak. His eyes blurred and he breaths started to go in a fast pace, hardly adjusting to the light as he looked at the red carpeted floor with foggy eyes.

He couldn't feel a thing.

It was all so numb.

Perhaps if he were to get stabbed he probably wouldn't feel it in this condition.

Is this how anesthesia felt like when it's used?

He's certain he's going to collapse before he even gets his hands on the book!

"Philip-san!!"

A sudden shout cut through his train of thoughts as he adjusted himself to look at the direction where the voice was located.

Japan worriedly stared back at him, running towards him hurrily. Once in front of him, he grasped the others hand tightly, some technique he learned to gain a person's attention when he or she's in distress. It's comforting from what he's heard.

The younger panted, eyes slid completely shut. Japan considered calling the academy's doctors but then thought against it.

This isn't the time for that, he has to handle this himself first.

"Hey, Philip-san... Are you okay?"

Philip gasped.

"Oh! I apologize for asking such a stupid question," Japan apologized quickly.

Frantically, he held the younger's shoulders tightly, slightly shaking him as he did so. Calmly as he could, he proceeded to comfort him. "Philip-san, listen to me, follow my voice okay? Inhale..."

Philip obeyed. Breathing in.

"Exhale..."

Breathe out.

"Inhale..."

Breathe in.

"Exhale..."

Breathe out.

Japan smiled.

"Feeling better?"

Philip nodded slightly.

"Good," Japan sighed in relief, placing a hand on his chest as his heartbeat gradually calmed down back to its normal rythm, "My, you nearly gave me a heart attack. I heard a shout earlier so I came as fast as I could. When I finally came, you started hyperventilating."

'Since when did I shout?'

"Hm? What's this?" Snapping out of his line of thought, he noticed that Japan was holding a book, a familiar one at that.

"The masked man...? Oh, I haven't finished reading this one yet, how silly of me to have forgotten," sheepishly he chuckled, flipping a the page where he left off.

"It's already been a year."

"A year?"

Red and sparkly eyes now locked on his, the older teen smiled brightly than he's ever seen the tired man do. "It's quite an interesting tale. Perhaps you'd be of interest? I highly recommend it," he offered, showing off the book's cover as he leaned it close to the younger's face, making the other slightly back off.

A step back made him stagger backwards, losing balance as he fell on his bottom. Japan already coming to his aid as he assisted him in getting up. "You're quite the clumsy one," he laughed half-heartedly, pulling up the boy to stand on his feet.

Overwhelmed, Philip sighed it off, not realizing how shaky it sounded. Japan paused.

His brows creased in worry.

"You look... distressed," the older teen frowned as he held the other's shoulder comfortingly, "do you not feel well? Should I get a doctor? It's not that far from here so we could be able to reach the place before-"

Interrupting the worry that would go on, Philip suddenly asked him, "The bookmark is yours?"

Japan blinked.

He...wouldn't dare leave a question ignored.

His frown slowly lightened, as he answered with the same level of calmness, "Why yes. Not many come by to the library anymore, and because of that, I've been reading a few of these books since I'm probably the one of the few people who would," he raised a brow.

"Was this the book you've been reading?" he questioned, analyzing the book before nodding at it in recognition.

"Well, I haven't really read it yet since, the bookmark-" the younger was then interrupted when the other asked him politely as ever.

"But do you want to read it?"

He stood stunned, his jaw agape as he stared at the calm man as if he were some kind of God. He wouldn't lie. He could never.

Nervously he spoke his words carefully, "Well, yes. It's...interesting."

Japan smiled warmly.

"Then the book is yours."

_

(Italic= Flashbacks)

(Unbold texts with brackets= English translation)
_

"Philip! Bumaba ka na nga! Tinatawag ka nina Tatay. [Get down already!]" A voice came by his bedroom door, not welcoming the one who owns the bedroom whatsoever.

Philip, on his king-sized inside his very own pillow fort hidden away from the world, all but pouted at him at the window of his fort, and stubbornly answered. "Ayaw ako! [I don't wanna!]"

"Wag ka ngang maging makulit! Magiging hari ka nang paglaki at ito ang iyong pagkakaugali? Diyos ko Phil. [Don't be stubborn! You're gonna be a king when you grow up and this is how you're gonna act? My God Phil.]"

"Hindi naman ako magiging hari! Wag ka nga magsinungaling sa akin Martial! [I'm not even gonna become a king! Would you stop lying to me already Martial!]" Philip had the guts to raise his voice to him, burying his face on the pillow as he attempted to hide from the his brother's gaze.

Said Martial flinched at the lack of 'Kuya' into his name like Philip usually placed.

He was about to scold him about it, when suddenly he heard something slip past his younger brother's mouth.

"Gago..." when Philip muttered the word, Martial had his jaw dropped, gasping at what he heard as he stared in bewilderment. On instinct as a fellow big brother he is, he immediately took the initiative on snitching on him.

Philip realizing what he's done, quickly slapped a hand to his mouth. Panicked at the sight of Martial already at the door, he jolts, immediately scurrying sround his fort as he punched his way out, running to the traitor who is by the way his older brother.

Clumsily and hurrily, he reached for his house slippers.

Martial cupped both hands at his mouth, increasing the volume as he shouted, "NANAY! SI PHILIP NAGMURA! [MOM! PHILIP CUSSED!"

And with that the older prince made his cue to make a run for it, a smug grin on his features as Philip followed with an angry aura.

What brothers are for?

"MARTIAL!! Bumalik ka nga rito para masapak ko ikaw!! [MARTIAL! GET BACK HERE SO I CAN BEAT YOU UP!]" The younger prince threatened pointlessly, fist raised as he somehow manages to run with his small legs as fast as Martial. The boy's face was scrunched up in anger, thought not the least hit intimidating. Just a child on tantrum, no issue.

The elder one scoffed.

"Di mo nga kaya akong masuntukan. [You can't even land a punch on me.]" He swiftly dodged to the left to avoid a house slipper thrown his way before picking up his pace.

"MARTIAL!"

Martial laughed, free and warm.

_

_

Japan stamped behind the cover of the book as a sign of approval before closing it in a gentle manner, giving the other a sincere nod as he lent it to him. "You should be able to return it if you wish, it's no issue," he waved it off with a kind smile. Philip already melting at his kindness.

However, the older teen's expression suddenly dropped, his smile shifting into a frown as he proceeded to avert his gaze. His eyes were suddenly overshadowed by his bangs, something Philip didn't like looking at.

"Um, Japan...?"

"Philip-san, I apologize," apologetically, he bowed lowly, his forehead hitting the desk making Philip jolt at the sound.

"H-huh?"

At a fast pace with a blink of an eye, Japan suddenly clasped his hands together with his, making him jolt in surprise.

"I haven't noticed that the signs have disappeared. I must have wasted your time already," the older teen's frown deepened as he stared at the younger student in disappointment to himself evident in his eyes.

Philip frantically said, "Wha-no! It's alright. I don't mind, really. I still have plenty of time to spare anyway."

Japan hummed with narrowed eyes, not trusting the excuse in the slightest. Arching a brow, he checked the clock on the wall, the time having written all over.

"It's... 1:30 already..."

"..."

No reponse had been heard.

Concerned for the other's sudden silence, he glanced at the younger face, checking to see what his reactions are.

Unfortunately, his face was totally blank.

To be honest, Japan was a little scared.

"...Philip-san?"

He heard a gulp, "...Uh Oh."

Japan sighed in relief, before bowing his head on the desk once again as a sign of apology, "I-I'll accompany you in your class! I've already delayed you enough so I might as well admit to the teacher that I'm the cause of your lateness, surely that would avoid you to get scolded."

The younger panicked, flailing his arms, "I don't need it! It's not even that important!"

"None sense, I insist," he halted, and Philip noticed the confused gaze that shifted on his features as he stared down at his small figure. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Is that really all? I was certain you've been in the Fantasy Genre Section for 30 minutes."

Philip shook his head in response, expressions now upset.

"I see..."

The older student stared at his figure, his face giving out like he was wincing, the pain of it made him feel with sympathy. "That seems rather unfortunate. Does anything you pick not a book of your taste except this one?"

The younger student shook his head in response, his head lowered down in defeat as an imaginary dark cloud hung over him. Japan cleared his throat, noticing the upsetting facade that clouded.

"Well, if we had the time, I'd give you a recommendation, but... as of right now-"

He grabbed the younger student's wrist without warning, shocking the other as he proceeded to ran out the door in a smooth and fast motion. Phil noticed a confident smirk on his features, the first time he saw on the calm senior's face.

"I think it's best if I tell you after your class ends, don't you agree?"

_

_

"Uhh teacher? If I may ask, why are all the other classes in here?" Philip found himself raising a hand in question, regarding the many gossips and countless of students in the Music room gathered around.

"Yes, teacher, I think I'd like to know as well," Japan smiled calmly, rather darkly but thankfully unnoticeable, "because if I'm correct, if this was a class known by everyone then I'd be very well informed of it." he straightforwardly snarled at the end of his sentence making Philip flinch at the sudden change of tone. Britain sighed wearily at that, rubbing his eye as he walked towards the student.

He regarded Philip, "Prince Philip, could you..." he trailed off, and Philip jolted.

"Oh, it's alright, I'll just-go." he mumbled nervously, before quickly running off to the crowd of his class.

Britain returned his attention to Japan.

"Now, don't be mad at what I'm about to tell you," he sighed, fixing his top hat as he placed his hand on rim of his hat.

"Although I do apologise for notifying you at such a late notice, but the situation has gone complicated, and to answer your implied question," he noted the still pointed glare directed towards him.

"...We can't tell it to students including you."

Japan snapped.

"What!? I don't mean to sound selfish but, I'm part of the student council! I need to know!" Japan was interrupted when a finger was placed at the middle of his mouth.

"Ssh! You better lower down your voice child, you're gonna draw too much attention from the students."

The other slowly nodded.

"Now, if you want to continue talking, It's best that we go outside the gym don't you agree?"

"You don't need to be polite, this is an issue I rather know than regret not knowing," Japan strides off to the exit, leaving some of the class confused.

Britain merely shook his head.

"You're a persistent one aren't you?"

_

From the crowd, there shouted America with a huge grin spread across his handsome face, waving his arms widely in greeting, which by the way gained the attention of the other classes that crowded him because of his superhuman charismatic aura that seemed to emit from him naturally. "Ayo Philip! How's it goin'!?"

Philip subsequently ducked, giving a shy nod in greeting before finally returning back to his class who lined up well as the others. He could already hear the gossips and whispers spreading across the entire room.

Quickly he found the only person he could rely on. There stood Russia, his mouth somewhat creating a small frown that he's sure he would have missed if he weren't lingering on his face longer than he should. Shamefully, he coughed. Ignoring a few stares that he received his way as he stood next close to the taller man.

He had decided within the week, he very much enjoys the company of the man somehow. They don't talk as much, but they do spend a lot of time together.

Naturally, he gave him a light smile in greeting, "Sorry I'm late. I didn't know we were having Music Class."

Russia brushed it off, "It's alright, we weren't informed of it either, until now of course."

He took a glimpse of the book the other held in his hand protectively, "You've been in the library I'm assuming?"

"Oh, yeah," he showed the book in his hands, the title making him feel slightly uneasy as he ran his finger through the engraved words, with a touch of gold polished into the cover of its rough surface.

For an old book, he had to admire at how it still held off long enough to look like it's just published recently.

He noticed Russia sneaking glances at it oddly, but didn't speak.

_

"Alright, as you all know, the classes that have gathered here in the Music Room was left unannounced and sudden, however, I assure you, nothing is wrong." Another round of gossips emerged, panicked and confused. It hurt her head. Quickly, she made the excuse given to her by the principal.

"And as to fill in you students on the news to lessen your stress levels, the teachers just found an issue in the vents," the noise and strong emotions begin to lessen.

She sighed in relief.

That's good. It's a good thing principal thought of making up a white lie. As expected, the man who gave peace among the world would never let a ruckus of panic ensue. It would be like replaying the previous World War

She shuddered at the memory.

She gulped, gaining her composure, "They're already dealing with it so it's best if you all tone down your concerns for today's lesson," she smiled, the corners of her mouth not reaching her eyes.

"I apologize for the lack of seats but there's no need to worry, the seats are on their way. So I ask of you all, please wait patiently as I-" then she shrieks. It's as if she saw an abomination up close, making most of the students jolt in surprise and shock at the sudden volume and action.

They realized later on that a few students were sitting on the floor. Five in total to be exact.

"America! Stand up right now!"

"But why?" America closed to whined.

"Why? Britain won't be pleased if he were to see your behavior."

"Pfft, Dad can think what he wants, I had my fair shares of acting like this and I don't think I ever hear him complaining about it." Then he just straight up glares at her, sunglasses or none, his intimidating aura left the others to scoot away. "Plus I can do whatever I want. To be king means to be free. I stand by that," he huffs, his aura dissipating in an instant as if it were never there in the first place.

Flabbergasted at that statement, she didn't talk back.

Britain's son sure had guts, she'll give him that.

"Never mind," she then regarded two of the people sitting. "King Russia and Philip! Please stand up right this instant. Prince Philip is excusable but I at least expected you to learn the laws of royalty."

"I-I'm sorry! It's just that-my legs were just..." he ignored the stares sent his way as he shifted uncomfortably. "I was in a rush and my legs gave out from all the running."

"I vouch for him Miss!" A voice from Japan shouted with a hand raised.

Philip could feel their stares piercing through him and he mentally groaned at his misery. What torture it is to have unwanted eyes on you. He could never come to understand popularity like how America handles it.

"Oh, Japan. I see," hesitantly she nodded before sighing, yet still held a smile defeatedly. "Alright, Prince Philip. You're excused. However I expect you to not act this way the next time I see you. Royalty musn't sit on the floor, it is considered an indecent act." Her face slightly scrunched up when she stated those same repetitive words.

"King Russia you..." she received a glare sent her way. "Understandable, please do as you please."

Still intimidating as ever. Children of the late Soviet Union sure are built different.

"Prince Indo and Prince Malay, please stand up."

"What? But we're tired too!"

"No excuses stand up," she glared sharply at the two.

"I don't have time for empty excuses," she dully told them, not backing down anytime soon.

Later on, Indo and Malay did as they were told, begrudgingly while mumbling curses like children after their tantrum together.

The teacher all but smile, as if she wasn't scaring shit outta children.

"Now allow me to introduce myself, my name is India, I ask of you to regard me as your teacher, not as a queen. Pleased to meet you all," She lifted the edge of her skirt and did a curtsy, mannerisms were taught well to her after all.

_

_

"Sorry po..." two boys apologized, the younger sincere while the older said it as if he was forced. Both boys nursed the swelling at their foreheads, a critical hit for slippers to target, super effective against younger children.

Their father, the king, Katipunan loomed over them with an authorative aura, eyes overshadowed intimidatingly with crossed arms. The person that stood behind him was none other than the eldest brother among the three, Del Pilar is his name.

He appeared to be... amused at the sight of their punishment, as always. Their sibling relationship has always been like this so even though both Philip and Martial want to smack that smirk out of his face, they stilld on't have the strength to fight back to their strong big brother.

Del shifted his smirk into a fond smile.

But they do have guts, but Del could never have the heart to actually injury them, intentionally or unintentionally. He's a disciplined and handsome man of the princes, a hearth throb among the many people of the kingdom, shining like the light to freedom. Philip and Martial would soon as well, and he's scream in pride for his younger brothers' growth

"Mabuti't wala ang nanay ninyo, masasapak tayo pagalam niya ito. [It's a good thing your mother's gone, she'll beat us up if she finds out about this.]"

He regarded Martial.

"Martial, kung anong magagawa mo, huwag mong sabihin si Philip ay nagmura, alam mo nakakatakot ang babae na iyon kapag naalam niya nagmura ang pinakang bunsong anak niya. [Martial, whatever you're gonna do, do not say anything about Philip cussing, you know how scary thta woman is if she finds out the youngest of her sons cussed.]"

"Itay [Dad]," he flaltly reminded him, "asawa mo siya. [she's your wife.]"

"Alam ko yon. Nakakatakot parin siya, sige? [I know that. She's still scary, okay?]" he shuddeered at the thought of her wife glaring daggers at him once.

"Hoy! Di puwede magbribe ang hari [Hey! It's not allowed for a king to do bribery]," Del stated, having heard the shispering conversation clearly.

Kati quickly shushed him, "Ssh! Gusto mo baga makita kung gaano nakakatakot ang nanay mo? [Ssh! Do you even want to see how much scary your mother can get?]"

"Hari ka pa rin. At pag sinabi ko ito kay inay, makukuha mo na iyon. [You're still the king. And if I say it on mom, you're gonna get it.]" Del scolded, the king. The irony right now.

Kati felt betrayed.

"Del, anak naman! [Del, son come on!]"
_

_

"To start of our lesson, can anyone play an instrument?"

Without even knowing it, Philip answered, "I could play the guitar." He heard himself speaking before quickly shutting mouth.

"Could you please care to demonstrate, Prince Philippines?" India smiled kindly at him.

Would be rude to say no, so understandably, he accepted, "Oh uhhm, o-of course."

He nervously smiled, sucking in a deep breath with his eyes glinted in sheer determination.

He held the guitar tightly in his hand, memories rushing back to him as he closed his eyes, and let his fingers do the rest.
_

_

"Gusto ko marining ikaw magguitara! Dali na! [I wnat to hear you play the guitar! Come on!]"

Del raised a brow, a playful smile on his face as if he didn't take the younger one seriously. He really didn't.

"Talaga? Akala ko interasado ko lamang sa paglaban. [Really? I thought you were only interested in fighting.]"

Philip pouted angrily, hitting his shoulder, "Iyon ay para kay Martial! Gusto kong matuto ng pagguiguitara tulad mo! Maganda pakingan kapag ikaw ang naggagamit. [That's Martial's thing! I want to learn to play the guitar like you! It sounds great when you play it!]"

At the compliment, Del sheepishly grinned, scratching the back of his head.

"Edi sige, kung gusto mo. [Fine then, if you wish.]"

_

_

He visualized the lyrics in his mind, his fingers automatically moving in sync to what he's imagined his father playing the same song in good rhythm.

_

_

"Hindi! Hindi! Mali iyan! [No! No! That's wrong!]"

"Masama ka lang magturo! [You're just terrible at teaching!]" Philip was then hit on the head.

"Sinusubukan ko! [I'm trying!]"

_

_

A smile tugged his lips, and he carefully did his part, in the middle of a song.

_

_

"Paborito mandin ito ni nanay. [This one is mom's favorite.]"

"Edi kailangan ko na talaga matuto! [Then I really need to learn it!]"
_

_

He started to hum along without even noticing.

_

He strummed the guitar for a few moments before finally strumming last few notes. A fond smile slipped past his lips as he did so, the smooth texture of the instrument sending him huge waves of nostalgia.

A melodic symphony came to an end to the dissapointment of the other students, and having his attention back to the crowd, Philip had to hold back the embarrassed blush that would soon cover his face all red and tomato-like.

Eventually, a round of applause echoed throughout the entire room, some whistling like they were in a stage filled with thousands of audience.

Philip didn't even try to hold back his blush anymore, it was all too nice for him to receive. And to add it all up, he timidly bowed his head low with a low mumble of thanks, averting his gaze from the people as he held back the urge to scream.

America laughed at the reaction, Japan chuckled, and Russia smiled slightly.

_

"That was a beautiful performance you showed us, Prince Philippines. Well done." Clapped the Music Teacher with a proud grin on his face.

At the compliment, Philip could only give a nod of thanks.

_

"That was an awesome play you did back there bud! You really hit me with the feels you know! Pretty everyone else did too."

Philip couldn't help but chuckle.

"Thanks, I really haven't played in a while so I was kinda nervous I'd do terribly-"

"For reals? That was like-THE BEST GUITAR PLAY I'VE EVER HEARD IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC!" America yelled cheerfully, hypercative energy practically radiating from such cheer.

"It's been a while since I last played..."
_

\

_

"So if you don't mind me asking..."

Philip stopped mid bite in his sandwich.

"Can I ask you... what's your relationship with America?" Russia questioned, forcing out the name with a hiss. Thankfully enough, Philip hadn't noticed it.

Lowering his sandwich, he seemed to ponder over that for a moment, before answering as if he was unsure, "Oh, well, we haven't been friends for that long... if he thought we're friends that is..." Russia raised a brow, "I mean, I don't want to jump to conclusions but perhaps the proper answer is that... truthfully, I want to befriend with him..."

With a determined gaze, he stood up.

"And I will, soon," he declared proudly without shame before chomping on his beloved sandwhich with much force than necessary. He chewed on the contents, slowing down a little as he took in the yummy flavor that contained. Afterwards, he smiled brightly with puffed cheeks.

"Mm! Wow, this sandwich is really good," he bit on it once more, taking his time on chewing as his features crossed pure bliss.

Russia blinked at the sudden shift of personality.

Huh, at first he looked like a shy kid not wanting attention at any cost, then the next thing you know he's acting like the hero of the story in one of those story books.

He won't lie though... Philip looked... cute.

Was that the right word...?

...

Yeah that was the word. He was sure that's one thing to decipher the prince beside him who seemed to devour his sandwich unprince-like.

Little did he know all of this was the cause of books.

To be continued...

_______________________________________

Word Count: 5855
Published: Jan 30, 2022

Author's Note:

AAAAAAAANGST!!! LOOOOORRE! Take that for a plot! I am so hyped!!

I hope I can update more but dang, writer's block has got a bat behind me and all.

Hope you all enjoyed that long chapter! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 583 27
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
145K 14.8K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
597K 995 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭
220K 4.9K 71
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad