Let's go our separate ways

By FairoNeko

There is no dissatisfaction in, and with, life. If there is a chance to live again, why not? Although it is t... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66

Part 30

20 3 0
By FairoNeko

"It will be too suspicious if I go look for them, so I will wait for them to come to look for me instead," they will come flocking either way, so Flos have decided to accept the bounty hunting to generate more income, the insurance for retirement!

"Do you think they will still come to look for you later too?" Scale has heard about Flos sending a new bounty target to a Queen's Knight who then puts the person behind the bars; which happened in the morning. Now, at lunchtime, hearing Flos say this, Scale can understand her sentiment. Since those moneybags insist on delivering themselves to the door, then why doesn't she just accept them graciously?

Flos is pretty sure, "They don't seem to be the type that can think far ahead," which also can be translated as: yes because they don't ever learn

"It can't be helped that the intelligent among the descendants differ, because that lustful King did not care for intellect when choosing his lovers, being a ludicrous person himself," Scale can't help but sigh in sorrow at the loss of intelligent people with Royal bloodline whilst also outright dissing that lustful King

Isn't he right? Besides King Ray, who else is wise among the people with Royal blood? There are some clever people out there, sure, but they are also intelligent enough to leave this kind of horrible family.

Flos no longer gives comment or attention to that, the absurdity of the Royal Family. Anyway, "You are also working hard to put them in prison, right?"

"Of course," Scale assures Flos, "We have just started on the plan not too long ago, so it will take some time for the satisfactory result to transpire. But we definitely will get them all, because King Ray doesn't plan to go easy on the people who harmed Queen Viola,"

Flos nods, accepting Scale's assurance. Now that they have finished talking, Flos has also finished distributing the lunchbox, and the both of them start to eat on the couch in the office. After lunch, Flos brings up this topic again, by the way, having something she wants to know, "Who do they plan to put on the throne, replacing King Ray?"

"They want the throne for themselves," Scale answers with a smile, a smile that seems to be mocking the Royal Family, "Even though none of them is good at problem-solving or management,"

Flos raises her eyebrows, "Since there is no cooperation among themselves-"

"There is cooperation," Scale interrupts Flos to explain, "But these selfish individuals are just waiting for the right time to double-cross each other,"

"What will become of the Kingdom if they succeed?" Flos feels a tad horrified by that notion. Fortunately, or unfortunately, that poor soul did not live to see the end result after the coup d'etat.

"I wouldn't know," Scale answers seriously as he reveals his plan, "I would be in other Kingdoms by then,"

"You would abandon this Kingdom just like that?" Flos squints at this man who worked so hard but so easily abandoned everything. Flos also doubts, why tell her this?

Scale curls his lips, reaching out to pat Flos's head lightly, "You think they wouldn't try to kill me off if I insist on staying?"

Fair point. Flos flicks Scale's hand off her head, warning him, "Be careful of getting poisoned," courtesy of May-Day

Scale retracts his hand and widens his eyes slightly in surprise as he stares at Flos's hair, "Your hair produces poison??"

"Not my hair," Flos gives this man a look for his failure to recall the might of May-Day. Flos pulls up her braid, waving the tail of the braid to show off the 2 white pom-poms, stating matter-of-factly, "They can kill you and then Picky Eater will eat you,"

"Wow," Scale blinks at May-Day, not asking about Picky Eater that he doesn't know, and bravely reaching out a hand to poke the white pom-poms, "I had seen a little of these 2 in action. They are soft," after poking them several times, Scale is a bit addicted, "Feels so nice~"

Flos has given up on this man's lack of consideration towards his own safety, even after a fair warning, so she allows Day to sting the man's finger; without injecting poison, of course. Scale retracts his hand with a hiss, showing a pitiful expression at Flos. He wants to have the fluff too.

Flos turns her head and walks away after grabbing the empty lunch boxes. It's time for her to leave.

~~~

When Flos meets up with Rhythm that night, Flos is unceremoniously pushed to the wall as Rhythm blocks the young woman's escape route by putting his hands on the wall beside the young woman.

Flos looks up at her taller childhood friend who displays a very intense frown on his face, an expression that is rarely seen on this carefree young man.

Very seriously, Rhythm asks a soul question, "Flos, are you planning to be His Majesty the King's concubine?"

Oh. He hears that rumour then. Damn those Royal fools! "What do you think?"

Seeing Flos's annoyance at his question, Rhythm is relieved. The rumour is fake, as he thought. Flos is not a person like that, after all. From what Rhythm knows, Flos is more willing to be close to Her Majesty the Queen instead of His Majesty the King. However, the rumour still has to be confirmed by the person involved to be true or false.

Rhythm releases Flos then, putting a hand on his chest to express his relief. He does not need to stop the girl from escaping from answering his question, just in case, so he won't block her anymore, "Blue told me a rumour about you that was spreading in the Castle. It's about how you want to be His Majesty the King's concubine. Also to replace Her Majesty the Queen,"

The rumour is worse than what King Ray told her. Flos frowns in displeasure, "People believe that nonsense?"

"They believe it a bit because you have been visiting the King's office regularly," Rhythm points out, although he does not blame Flos for delivering meals to Scale, the King's aide, "Plus, His Majesty the King actually tolerates you, when he would just blast people off the Castle usually,"

"The King is not the only 1 in the office," Flos points out, shaking her head at these people's ridiculousness, "Besides, it's not like King Ray is always in the office,"

As for King Ray tolerating Flos... That's really only from their biased perspective.

"Although I have already decided; these people are really not asking for mercy, huh?" Flos shakes her head at these Royals' repeated affirmation of their absurdity, confusing Rhythm with her words

Flos then pulls Rhythm to sit on the sofa as she tells him what she learnt this morning, when he is busy teaching his apprentices how to be qualified gardeners. After listening to Flos's retelling, Rhythm understands and wholeheartedly agrees with Flos's plan, "They really deserve to be put in jail!"

Also, Rhythm is jealous of Flos, "You are earning a lot of money without me,"

Flos rubs her chin, "Do you think I can still earn more?"

Rhythm doesn't know that, but he knows this, "I'll assist you in this hunt, so share the bounty with me,"

Flos raises a hand, making the OK gesture. This pair of childhood friends then shake their hands to seal the deal.

~~~

The eve before a storm. Dark clouds cover the sky. Although it's already daytime, there is no sun nor its guiding light.

May-Day are all puffed up.

"What a humid weather," Rhythm leans on the window as he watches the sky

Flos is preparing the breakfast to be sent to Scale. Rhythm is not helping so he is not getting any. What even is he doing, getting up early to bother her in the kitchen.

"I'm going with you, of course," Rhythm rolls his eyes at Flos, "Don't tell me you forget our deal last night,"

"Don't you need to teach your apprentices?" Flos gives her childhood friend a look, "Also, I am not preparing your breakfast," she reminds him

"Prepare mine too, I will eat with you and Scale!" Rhythm protests heartily, going to Flos's side to bother her to prepare his share, "Also, the apprentices. I will give them the day off. Tomorrow off too, since it looks like it's going to rain,"

"Isn't it a good time to hold indoor lessons?" Flos eyes Rhythm critically, "Don't be lazy,"

"I want to earn more money!" Rhythm won't listen to Flos no matter what, "I will follow you!" at Flos's unwavering gaze, Rhythm succumbs, "I will hold the lesson after breakfast to before lunch, and after lunchtime,"

Rhythm is adamant in following Flos to bounty hunting the Royal Family, huh? Can't blame him, really. Flos hasn't heard about the price for each bounty, but figured since they are the King's nemesis, it shouldn't be cheap. As stated, Rhythm is jealous of the additional wage Flos earns so easily.

Flos really has no plan to cook more for Rhythm, so she will just take Scale's portion for Rhythm. They can share breakfast, no problem.

"Is this mine?" Rhythm accurately finds his lunchbox, "So little,"

"Cook your own breakfast," Flos narrows her eyes at his repeated complaints while waving her left hand, threatening Rhythm with Lashes

Rhythm pouts at Flos, but does quiet down. Flos rolls her eyes at him before ignoring him in favour of packing up. Afterwards, Flos and Rhythm make a trip to the inner garden to meet up with Blue and Rhythm's apprentices 1st. After all, rhythm needs to let them know about the new schedule for the past few days.

Blue the escort Knight, still in full body armour, meets them and greets them, which they return. Afterwards, as Rhythm goes to talk to his apprentices, Blue stares at Flos. Flos looks back at him, tilting her head in question for his staring.

How to say it. Because May-Day are all puffed up, Flos doesn't want to hang them as a hair tie behind her back. That's why Flos has May-Day braid her hair in 2 then tie the braids up to become low buns. From a distance, it does look like Flos is covered in white fur on the neck, right?

People must be thinking the white fur is fluffy, right?

The savvy Rhythm never tries to touch May-Day. The giddy Scale has already touched May-Day. What will Blue do now? Which category does this Queen's Knight belong to?

Blue stares at the white fluff on Flos's hair, but maybe because he is on duty, he doesn't do something a Knight shouldn't do. On the contrary, Blue asks about Flos instead, "Are you okay?"

Is she okay? Flos thinks about it and recalls what Rhythm said, hearing the rumour from Blue. If that's what he asks about, then Flos can assure him, "I'm fine,"

Blue doesn't react visibly, but Flos hears his relieved sigh emanating from the helmet. Towards Flos, Blue really hopes, "Don't be troubled by the rumour. We are working on stopping it from spreading outrageously,"

The rumour is not only about Flos, but about His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen. Naturally, they will work hard to not let the rumour spread widely. Flos can understand and accept this arrangement.

Because Rhythm is talking to his apprentices, and Blue is talking with Flos a little further from them, Blue has no idea what Rhythm tells his apprentices. As he watches the young man come back to join Flos to send the breakfast to the King's aide, Scale, this escort Knight is surprised.

"There is no lesson today, Mister Rhythm?" Blue asks the florist

"There is, but I will start the class late," Rhythm assures the Queen's Knight, "I'm going with Flos to earn pocket money,"

"Pocket money...?" the way Blue repeats those words sounds like he is questioning how Rhythm is going to earn the pocket money with Flos

"Rest assured, it's legal and approved by His Majesty the King," Rhythm has no intention to involve Blue, a Queen's Knight, in the incoming skirmishes with the relatives of the King

"Is that so," having not known about this legal way to earn pocket money beforehand has Blue confused. However, he doesn't do anything to alleviate his curiosity.

Continue Reading