Beating the Buzzer | Book 1 i...

By dontworryboutit123

Book One : USC series 18+ Ayanna Heart Reeling from betrayal of her ex, Captain of the basketball team for UC... More

Aesthetics
Face Claims
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
epilogue
bonus chapter +1
bonus chapter 2+

thirty-two

29.1K 639 273
By dontworryboutit123

" Kiss her boot."

The entire bar silently waited to see what he would do.

The guys watched in amusement as Dominic arched a thick brow, motioning with his eyes to get on his knees and follow through with his request.

" Look," Dominic huffed," It's either public humiliation or we could take this to the alley and you could get your ass beat. Your choice."

Rhegan looked fine with either suggestion.

I think she was just happy to see Dominic defending her because no other man but her father had taken up that role. She had only known one man's love and that was her fathers. I hoped that Rhegan was pushing the idea that she didn't deserve to be loved out of her mind.

It was her mother's abandonment that made her think that way.

If the person who was supposed to love and care for her unconditionally just up and left her at a young age, then anyone could do it as well.

" Outside it is." Dominic went to pull on the collar of the guy's shirt. Before he could reach him, the guy made the wise decision to drop to his a press a kiss to the tip of Rhegan's boot.

Up until the last second, Rhegan took a step back causing the guy to miss her boots and kiss the ground she walked on instead.

" I'm sorry." Rhegan smirked as the guy's lips connected to the ground. " This prissy bitch would rather your disgusting mouth not touch some very expensive boots. Kissing the dirty ground is a much better fit for you."

" Think twice before you decide to call a lady out of her name again." Her tone was honey laced with poison as he quickly nodded his head.

" What a fucking pussy!" Someone in the crowd yelled as the guy stumbled to his feet and made his abrupt exit out of the bar. A group of guys left a few minutes after him with their heads down.

" Some friends they are." Sade snorted as she averted her eyes and placed her straw in between her teeth, sipping on her Cosmopolitan.

" Look at who their friend was," Skylar chimed in. "I would be embarrassed too." Marcus appeared behind her, wrapping his hands around her waist as he dug his head into the crook of her neck.

She let out a squeal as her feet left the floor from him lifting her. " Hey!" He pressed a kiss to her cheek once he sat her firmly on the ground.

"What are you guys doing here?" Skylar turned around to face him. She stood on her toes to press a swift kiss to his lips in greeting. Marcus held the back of her neck with one hand, pressing a longer kiss onto her lips.

" We came here to cheer up Kyler's moody ass but obviously that backfired." He winced as he glanced towards a sulking Kyler who sat in the corner nursing his drink.

Jora, on the other hand, stood behind the bar as she mixed together one of her specialties. She looked happy at this moment, and a part of me knew that she was happy to see him, even if they both ended up in tears last night.

" Isn't it illegal for her to be behind the bar?"Marcus questioned as he pointed his pinky finger in the direction of the brunette that stood behind the bar.

" Yes, but her father is friends with the owner so she gets a free pass," I say as Jora hands a drink to Rhegan with a smile." And we get free drinks whenever we come."

" She looks happy." Carson sneaks up behind me as he snaked his arms around my waist. I lay my head on his shoulder to stare up at him. He lays his hands across my stomach as he presses a kiss to my forehead.

" Why didn't you tell me that you guys were coming here?" I pinched the skin on his forearm, finding muscle there instead of flabby skin. Carson lets out a sharp hiss as I release my nails from his skin.

He leans down, digging his chin into my shoulder as his breath tickles the inside of my ear. " That wasn't very nice of you, angel." Carson nips at my earlobe as he tightens his grip around my waist to keep me from squirming.

" I'll make it up to you later." I wink as the sound of feedback from the microphone is heard throughout the bar.

The person handling the mic winces before announcing that the sign-up sheet for Karaoke was out and for people to start picking out their song choices.

Rhegan and Elizabeth immediately ran over to the paper to scribble down our song options that we discussed on the drive over. Jora walked over a little while after them, her arms were now bare and free of her leather jacket.

" What made you guys choose Karaoke anyways?" I asked as I took a sip of my drink. Carson took the glass from my hands once my lips left the rim and placed his lips over my lip gloss stain.

A tingle shot from my stomach down to my core as I watched his tongue flick out and wet his bottom lip. He took it a step further as he brought his tattooed hand around my neck, the coldness of his rings met my skin as he brought the glass to my lips.

" Drink." His command was soft yet it held so much dominance as I placed my lips onto the rim of the glass all while maintaining eye contact with him.

"Good girl." He swiped his thumb over my bottom lip before bringing it to his lips, sucking the remnants of the liquor off of it.

" Dear Jesus," Sage grunted in playful annoyance," I'm sure the bathrooms are open if you guys want to get each other off." She winks as I flick her off.

" Don't be a bitchy because Derrick's upset with you at the moment." It was her turn to flick me off as I blew her an air kiss.

" He isn't upset with me," she mumbles,"We just had a minor argument which ended with him leaving me on read."

Carson snorted, causing us to avert our attention to him."What's so funny?" Sade arched a brow in Carson's direction. His hands were removed from his waist as he lifted them in self defense.

" Campbell is a petty son of a bitch." Carson laughs as Sade rolls her eyes. " You'll be hearing from him tonight." Marcus assures as he and Carson get called over to the sign-up sheet by Abel.

Kyler sits on the stool twirling a pencil in his hand as he lets the guys decide what songs they would be doing. His shoulders were slumped and he looked as if this was the last place he'd want to be right about now.

Every now and then I would catch him watching Jora over at our table. She was having a conversation with Audrey and Elizabeth as she stirred her straw around her drink. Every now and then her gaze would flicker to Kyler when she was sure he wasn't paying attention.

Sometimes he wasn't looking in her direction and sometimes he was. Her chest would rise as she inhaled a deep breath before sending him a soft smile. Kyler would always drop his gaze first and go back to fiddling with the pencil in his hand.

He didn't bother to hide the torture he was going through, while Jora was doing a good job of keeping hers buried under that thick skin she had developed over the years.

Sade and I joined the rest of the girls at our table as the guys hopped on to the stage. I sipped on my dirty martini as they distributed the mics to each other and the familiar intro of Diddy's I need a girl, Pt.2 played throughout the sound systems in the bar.

I guess Kyler, Abel,Dominic, and Xander  would be the only ones singing this sound since Carson, Marcus, and Haze sat in the stools behind them.

The lights around us dimmed as the lights on stage brightened. I put my drink on the table as the girls and I clapped and cheered the guys on.

" Is anyone else prepared for the worst?" Elizabeth asked as she glanced around the table.

" Yes." We all responded through enthusiastic smiles as we gave them a thumbs up.

To our shock they started off pretty well. Somebody was a little bit off with the harmonization but it was better than expected.

Kyler and Abel took the first verse. The girls in the club swooned over Abel's vocals. One chick went as far as trying to reach up and touch his lower ab area. Abel jumped back with a laugh as he wagged his finger.

" Oh, fuck no!" Elizabeth grabbed her drink and shooed us all out of the booth.

She waltzed in front of us as we headed towards the stage and not so subtly jutted the girl in the side. " Bitch!" The girl spat as we turned to see her drink had spilled on her top.

" Oops," Elizabeth covered her mouth to hide the smile that was forming on my lips. " I guess I'm taking the supportive girlfriend role a little too seriously over Karaoke, huh?"

Rhegan and I exchanged proud smiles at Elizabeth's slickness. Elizabeth dropped her hand as her face was now stoic. "Sorry about the top," she tilted her head to the side as she waved goodbye with her fingers wiggling.

" Buh-bye now."

I like bitchy, possessive Elizabeth.

The girl scoffed as she walked away mumbling to her friends who extended glares over their shoulders at Elizabeth.

We turned around to see Dominic now on the mic singing Ginuwine's part. I found it ironic considering that he gave Rhegan a lap dance to one of his songs. I nudged Rhegan in her rib cage as she playfully shoved me away.

" Shut up, yaya."

" I didn't even say anything." I defended as she glared at me accusingly. " But you were thinking it," she said as she turned to see Dominic throwing her a wink.

The area was dim but if I knew Rhegan, I knew that there was a hot blush forming on her face right about now.  I threw my arms around her shoulder as she hid her face in my neck.

" I'm so fucked," she sighs into my neck.

" You are." I smile as Kyler raps to Diddy's part with Xander. 

My ears burned as the girls in the crowd screamed at the top of their lungs for them. They were pretty good, I wouldn't deny them that. You could tell that Kyler was really coming out of his funk while he was on stage. There was a hint of a smile coming out at the end of their performance.

Skylar held onto Jora's waist with her chin hooked over Jora's shoulder. Jora clapped for the guys as some of them switched off mics.

Xander handed Carson a mic as he came on stage. The intro to Forever by Drake came on as Sade turned to face us.

" I could've sworn that we signed up to go on before them." Sade brought to our attention as we squinted our eyes at the boys.

" Those motherfuckers," Jora gasped in outrage." I guess we'll just have to do better than them." I stated as they nodded in agreement.

We were too busy going over who would be performing what song that I didn't pay attention to Carson turns until I heard his voice rapping along to what was Eminem's part.

" Okay, Mr. Snowman!" Skylar and Sade applauded him.

" Go white boy! Go!" I yelled as he laughed into the mic. A smile spread on his face as he crouched down, gripping my chin as he rapped the lyrics to me.

When the song ended, Carson hopped off of the stage and attacked me in a bear hug. " You're such a supportive girlfriend, baby." I laugh as he presses my lower half against him.

" I aim to please." I say before the girls pull me onto the stage.

" Just like I aim to please you later." He winks as he takes my spot in front of the stage.

I bite on my forefinger as I watch her grab the mic from Sade with a smile. Sade smacks her ass as she walks away from her. Ayanna flicks her boob before they run towards the rest of the girls.

The music starts which I soon recognize as a Destiny's Child song.

" How much you want to bet that Jora takes the Kelly Rowland verse." Abel says as we all turn our attention to Kyler who seemed enthralled in the girls singing and dancing on the stage.

I was barely listening to the conversation when Ayanna took her turn at the mic. The light reflected off the top as her body rolled onto Rhegan who was holding her waist. She had a nice singing voice that I've only ever heard when she thought that no one was listening.

I would usually wait until she was done to sneak up on her and surprise her. She would always get this look of embarrassment on her face that I thought was just adorable.

Cupping my hands together, I cheered her on as she smiled brightly. My cheeks started to hurt from grinning like a fucking idiot.

" She definitely is." Dominic chuckles as Elizabeth hands off her shared mic to Jora. We all collectively huddled closer to Kyler as she started singing.

His cheeks heated up as she smiles sweetly at him as she sung the verse, word for word, without breaking eye contact with him.

"Didn't mama teach you to give affection?
Know the difference from a man and an adolescent."

" Ahahaha! Yes!" Haze screamed as he jumped on Kyler's back." Sing it Jora! Sing!" We cheered her on as Kyler cracked a smile, shaking his head as she blew him a kiss.

They're so in love with each other. He couldn't even be mad at her because he fucked up— not her.

The group dates would be fun as soon as Kyler got his shit together.

" You're doing amazing, sweetheart!" Xander cheers as they finish their first song. The crowd around us laughs as the girls shake their heads in his direction.

I push through the crowd to get another drink during their second song. I watch Ayanna sing with the girls from afar as I wait for my second drink of the night.

While I waited for my drink, two girls approached me looking like carbon copies of each other. I could tell that they weren't related and they weren't sisters either. It was honestly quite creepy because they were practically the same person.

" Hey!" One greeted as she stepped in front of me, twirling her hair around her finger as she ran her beady gaze trails down my body.

I shiver slightly in disgust as she steps forward a little bit. The barkeep slides my drink to me just in time for me to make my escape and find my way to Ayanna who had just got off of the stage.

"Hi." I grab the drink and sidestep her.

"Goodbye."

" No wait."

I tried to push through the crowd to get away but ended up getting yanked back by the arm. My drink spilled all over my top in the process. "Yo!" I shouted as the drink ran down my arm and onto the ground.

" What the fuck is your damn problem?" I slammed the glass onto the counter as the barkeep quickly handed me some napkins.

The two girls reached for some and began to extend their arms towards me." No. I don't need your help. You've done enough." I snap as they laugh it off.

"No, let us help." They insisted as they reached for me again.

" Do you not understand what the word no means?" Ayanna came in front of me, halting their movements as she crossed her arms.

" We were just trying to help." One snapped back as she and her friend stared Ayanna down.

" I think it's pretty clear that he didn't want your help. Now do us all a favor and get the fuck away before you embarrass yourselves even more." She pointed to the opposite side of the club.

How could something that was supposed to be a fun night to cheer our friends up, turn into a night that involved two altercations.

" Whatever slut." The other rolled her eyes as they turned away.

" You wish that I was a slut." She said low enough just for the four of us to hear." Maybe next time you should make sure that he has a girlfriend before harassing him, or any other guy for that matter."

With a huff they went stomping away. I struggled to keep my amusement in at their childish and bratty behavior.

Ayanna turned around with a smile on her face as I approached her. Her hands pinched the wet material of my shirt in between her fingers as she frowned.

" You're all wet," she says as my mind takes a trip down the gutter.

I hook my hands around her thighs as I set her down on an abandoned bar stool. She opened her legs allowing me to step in between them. I lifted her chin, tilting her head back to give me better access to her pretty lips.

I pecked them once, twice, and then three times before she broke out into fits of giggles.Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pressed the right side of my face against her left side to whisper in her ear.

" Are you wet, Angel?"

The feeling of her breath hitching against my body had a satisfied grin spreading across my face. Ayanna released a heavy breath as I pressed a chaste kiss to the side of her cheek before pulling away.

" You don't play fair." She poked her finger at my chest as I faced her now. I enjoyed the flustered look she had on her face as she tried to avoid my eye contact at the moment.

" You're so fucking cute." I grip her thighs as she meets my gaze. Pinching her chin, I bring my lips down on hers once more.

" I love you."

She rolls her eyes as she pulls me forward," I love you more." She pressed a kiss to my lips once more.

" And for your information." She licks her bottom lip as she stared at me with innocent eyes that were not so innocent at all. " Your little performance on stage got me all types of hot and bothered."

" Oh yeah?" I asked as I gripped her waist.

" Yeah." She laughed as I began to tickle her sides.

" Okay lovebirds," Jora claps as the group follows her over. "We're going to get food now. Are you guys going to sit her and give each other fuck me eyes or are you going to join us?"

Knowing Ayanna, she was probably hungry and not turning down an opportunity to eat. " Yeah." I answer for her as I help her off of the stool.

We all gathered up our stuff and left the building.

" Wait!" Xander yelled. " No one paid the bill."

" Don't worry about it!" Jora shouted as she and Sade ran towards the awaiting escalades in front of the bar.

" Who is her father again?" Haze asked as we watched her get into the car.

" Gabriel Sanchez." Ayanna answered before kissing my cheek. " I'll see you in a minute," she says before entering the truck.

I wave goodbye as we watch the truck pull off.

" Gabriel fucking Sanchez," Xander freaks out as we turn to face each other. " She must really love your stupid ass Kyler." He chuckled as Kyler flicked him on the forehead.

He was right.

Gabriel Sanchez literally held the power of our careers in his hand. He was not only a business man but he sat on the committee for the NBA draft.

" How could she love me when all I do is hurt her?" He questions. " I wouldn't even be mad at her if she decided to go that route, I deserve it."

" You're such a fucking idiot, Ky." I punch his arm playfully. " You may have fucked up, but Jora clearly cares for you enough to not threaten your career." Kyler shrugs as we head towards the G- wagon.

" I like her hair." Haze says after a few moments of silence.

" So you have a thing for redheads?"I teased as he flicked me off.

" No. I have a thing for redheads named Audrey Serenity Lake Sinclair." He stated proudly.

" How do you know her full name?" Abel questioned with an accused tone. " Don't worry about it." Haze replied as we reached the car.

Strange kid that one.

HEEYYY!!!

It's a double update!!! The next chapter will be out later on tonight.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!

I love you to the moon and back, alexis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...
134K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
568K 24.4K 106
We're not in love. Our past is a dumpster fire. The best we are is friends with benefits... without the friends' part. Jake Harrison, USC's star quar...
59.6K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...