GHOST SQUAD

بواسطة Firdosefk

With no memories of her past, Alice lives a new life with her best friend Tristan, while her ghost squad desp... المزيد

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1-LUNA
CHAPTER 2- MEMORIES
CHAPTER 3- HOME
CHAPTER 5- LOVE
CHAPTER 6- DAGGER
CHAPTER 7- INTUITION
CHAPTER 8- ANSWERS
CHAPTER 9-TRUTH
CHAPTER 10- FAMILY
CHAPTER 11- CHANGE
CHAPTER 12- POWER HUNT
CHAPTER 13- WIN
CHAPTER 14- FAVOUR
CHAPTER 15-DISGRACE
CHAPTER 16- MISUNDERSTANDINGS
CHAPTER 17- RELATIONS
CHAPTER 18- FIRE
CHAPTER 19- CURSE
CHAPTER 20- RECOLLECTION
CHAPTER 21- MATTER OF TIME
CHAPTER 22-UNREQUITED
CHAPTER 23- NEW CONNECTION
CHAPTER 24-WISH
CHAPTER 25-FAVOUR
CHAPTER 26-HEAL
CHAPTER 27-DRIVE
CHAPTER 28- LOST TIES
CHAPTER 29- DEATH
CHAPTER 30- CHOICE
CHAPTER 31-FRIENDS
CHAPTER 32-MOTIVE
CHAPTER 33-LIFE
CHAPTER 34- BIRGITTA
CHAPTER 35- PARTING WAYS
CHAPTER 36- DESIRE
CHAPTER 37- PROPOSAL
CHAPTER 38- CHANGE
CHAPTER 39-MIRACLE
CHAPTER 40- CONFRONTATION
CHAPTER 41-DREAM
WRITERS NOTE

CHAPTER 4- CRAZY

20 1 5
بواسطة Firdosefk

"Alice?"

Alice gave a start and bolted for the lamp on the side of her bed. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw a boy. Not just any boy, she realized he was the same boy from her dreams.

Alice immediately got out of bed, suddenly self-conscious of her grey night suit. Which was crazy since she was supposed to be screaming her head off. For all she knew, the boy could be a rapist or a serial killer. For some bizarre reason though, she fully trusted him. She was crazy, she decided.

Alice said nothing as the boy grew closer. As he did, she felt her pulse beat faster. The boy was really handsome she thought in some small part of her mind. The part that was not in conflict on whether to scream or not. 

The boy smiled. Alice felt as if her heart would rip out. "You are not screaming." He observed. Alice closed her eyes, drowning herself in the sound of his voice. She felt as if she had been dying to hear that voice. 

"That is a good sign!" The boy continued.

Instinctively, Alice whispered, "Knave!" She felt like smacking herself. What was happening to her? She opened her eyes, only to see the boy look stunned.

"You remember my name?" He asked in disbelief.

Alice looked at him in horror. "You are Knave?" She whispered, almost to herself. She looked at the boy pleadingly. "Who are you?" She cried. "Why do I see you in my dreams every single time?"

Knave smiled. "I was right!" He exclaimed.

Alice looked at him confusingly. "About what?" 

Knave looked at her intensely. "You do love me!"

Alice was taken aback. "What?" 

"Alice, listen to me..," He broke off, as someone opened her bedroom window and fell inside with a thump.

"Damn Vincent! Climbing windows is much harder than it looks like in movies." Said Tristan, in a strangled voice.

"How can one guy be so annoying?" Knave mused.

Immediately, Tristan got to his feet. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" He shouted, looking at Knave in  anger.

"Shhhh! Tristan, you will wake mama up." Alice chided.

"Luna never said her powers worked on normal people." Knave said rhetorically.

"Who is Luna?" Asked Alice in anger. Why was she angry when he said a girl's name anyway?

"Powers?" Echoed Tristan in horror. "Dude, you're the one who seems abnormal to me!" He said, coming to stand in front of Alice, trying to shield her from the other boy.

Knave shook his head in what seemed like frustration. He rose on his tiptoes, trying to reach Alice. "Alice, I do not have much time but...,"

"Can someone explain what the heck is going on?" Shouted Tristan, cutting him off. Knave looked like he was about to kill him.

Tristan turned to look at Alice. "You know this guy?" He asked, indicating Knave with a hand.

Alice looked at him worriedly. "Yes and no!" She replied. "Tristan, I will explain everything as soon as I know myself, okay?" She said, coming to stand beside him. She indicated Knave to proceed. "Go on!" 

Knave nodded. "Alice, you have lost your memories because Cora..,"

"Who?" Asked Alice. The name itself made her feel angry.

Knave licked his lips. "Cora is your....," Suddenly, he vanished.

"KNAVE?" Shouted Alice.

Knave landed hard on a couch. With horror, he realized he was back at Luna's house.

"Did it work?" Asked Mike. All his friends, including Luna, were hovering over him.

Only Mendaline remained sitting on one of the couches, sipping tea from a cup. "Obviously not!" She said, as Knave sat up with a groan. "If he had, he would've returned smiling, not looking as if someone has just ripped his heart out!"

Knave looked at her. "Quite observant, aren't you?"

Mendaline shrugged. "Can't help it!" She looked at him. "But I am right, aren't I?"

Knave started to contemplate what their chances would be at killing Cora without the help of an egoistic witch.

"Knave, what happened there?" Asked Mike hurriedly, seeing Knave's expression.

"Tristan happened!" Snapped Knave. He got up angrily. "Alice remembered me! She said she could see me in her dreams!" He looked at Mike. "I was so close to telling Alice about Cora, but that idiot appeared and ruined everything!" Knave kicked the floor. "I failed!"

"You don't fail as long as you are breathing." Said Mendaline. She had put her cup aside, and was now examining her nails. "It's just a sign that there is going to be a next chance!"

When Knave said nothing, she got up and walked towards him. "You did say she remembered you, didn't she?" Said Mendaline, sounding uncharacteristically gentle. Knave nodded. 

Mendaline smiled. "That means there is a chance she might remember everything on her own." She laid a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Trust me, there will be a way out!"

"Can you not give me a few more minutes with Alice?" Asked Knave, his voice breaking.

He supposed he must be looking in so much pain, because Mendaline looked away. As if she could not bear to see him any longer. "I am afraid not!" She replied slowly. "I may be powerful, but whenever it comes to Cora I realize how useless my powers can be!" She gave a dead laugh. "Or me for that matter."

"You are not useless and neither are your powers!" Said Charlie. Mendaline looked at him with a little surprise, but said nothing.

"So now what?" Asked Luna. "If Alice does not remember everything before the power of the golden locket fades, she would never be able to defend herself from Cora."

"Then we only have one option left." Said Knave.

"What?" Asked Mike.

"Kill Cora before she tries and harms Alice!" He said, getting up. Before anyone could say anything else, Knave was gone.

"Is it possible that somehow I am sleepwalking too?" Asked Tristan.

"And seeing the same things I am?" Asked Alice. "Yeah sure Tristan, that's a thing!" 

They sat side to side on the bed, looking at where Knave had been standing just a few minutes ago.

"What if we're possessed and the boy is an evil spirit?" Suggested Tristan.

Alice took a deep breath, trying not to snap at him. She knew how he was feeling. He was probably terrified. Should she be feeling terrified too? All she felt was disappointment at not getting a chance to talk to Knave. They were still so many questions she wanted to ask him. And what had he said?

"You do love me!"

Alice closed her eyes. How could she not remember falling in love?

"What if the chocolates we had this afternoon were spiked?" Said Tristan, breaking her thoughts.

That was it, Alice decided. Tristan had a right to know the truth. She stood up and knelt opposite him, so their heads were levelled. She laid her hand on his.

"Tristan, there is something I haven't told you." Alice began. "I know it sounds crazy but...,"

Tristan cut her off. "You know you can tell me anything."

Alice smiled and nodded. "I have been having these dreams lately in which I have seen that boy." She saw Tristan's brown eyes widen. "All I know is that his name is Knave!" She continued.

Tristan looked as if he had realized something. "That was the same name you had addressed me with earlier." He remembered.

Alice nodded. "But I did not know who he was at the time."

Tristan shook his head. "So what, is he some sort of your long lost lover?" He said. There was an edge to his voice that Alice had never heard before. He almost sounded jealous.

"I don't know!" Replied Alice gently.

Tristan remained silent for a long time. Finally, he asked, "So what are you going to do?"

Alice looked at him. "I am going to try and find Knave!"

Tristan looked worried. He grabbed her hands. "Alice, perhaps whatever happened was for the best."

"What do you mean?" Asked Alice, wondering why he suddenly seemed so scared.

"Maybe it is good that boy, Knave disappeared. I think it meant that you two were never supposed to meet!" He replied.

Alice jerked her hand away from his. "You mean I should not try and find out answers and just pretend like tonight never happened?" She demanded, unable to keep her calm anymore.

Tristan looked as if she had slapped him. "I am just saying that the answer you might find could take you away from me!" He shouted.

Alice looked at him confusingly. What had gotten into him? Perhaps he did not want to lose his only friend.

Very carefully, she said, "Tristan, I will always be your best friend no matter what! But I got to find out why my....,"

Tristan made an impatient noise. "That is the problem!" He stood up abruptly. "Gosh Alice, do you not see it?"

Alice stood up and looked at him curiously. "See what?"

Tristan chuckled, though it felt like he were in pain. "You're an idiot Ali!"

Alice crossed her arms. "I am an idiot?" She asked incredulously. "You're the one whose been talking in riddles for so long!" She shouted, not caring if her mother woke up. "Why do you not want me to meet Knave?" She demanded. "What do you mean the answer could take me away? I have no....,"

"I LOVE YOU!" Shouted Tristan suddenly.

 Alice did not dare say anything. She just looked at him with wide eyes as he continued, "I have been since the time we were at school, but from these past few days that feeling has just gotten deeper!" Tristan looked at her sadly. "And when I saw how that boy looked at you, I could tell that he loved you and now I am scared that what if you start loving him too?" He gave a dry laugh. "I know I sound selfish, but I can't help it. Alice, I really love you!" He said slowly.

Knave's voice suddenly echoed in Alice's mind. "You do love me!"

It was too much for Alice to take in. She almost fell back. Somehow, she made herself sit down.

"Alice, please say something for goodness sake!" Tristan begged, looking at her pleadingly.

"It is late and I am too tired! Please go home Tristan." Alice said.

He looked at her worriedly. "But Alice...,"

"Please Tristan!" She cried. Tristan looked at her for some time, before reluctantly jumping out her window.

Alice remained how she was, still trying to process what had happened.

"I LOVE YOU!"

"And when I saw how that boy looked at you, I could tell that he loved you and now I am scared that what if you start loving him too?"

"You do love me!"

"I can't help it. Alice, I really love you!"

Alice hugged her knees as she broke into tears. If what Knave had said was true and if she did truly love him, she would hurt Tristan. The only person she had loved and trusted her whole life. What if Knave disappearing was for the best? 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

~Enchantress~ بواسطة itspandala

الخيال (فانتازيا)

54 1 10
Dominique thought she was no more than ordinary before she soon discovered her more than extraordinary abilities. When a malevolent force threatens t...
Spellbound بواسطة Bear Matthew

قصص المراهقين

31 0 1
After the accidental death of their best friend, Hayley, three girls, Savannah, Parker and Faye all changed. Savannah left town, Faye lost all her we...
376 7 15
A close group of friends is forced to participate in a strange game. With each member of the group being captured one after another, will they be abl...
197 1 16
A girl is surviving through a zombie outbreak. During that time she finds a group of people being attacked by zombies and saves an injured boy. In or...