ℑ𝔱'𝔰 𝔊𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔅�...

By addi_gurl

Andy Barber, a public name, one many knew, whether the reason was good or bad. When his family life falls apa... More

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔦𝔵 ☽
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ☽
SNEAK PEEK OF A LOVERS RUIN

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ☽

1.9K 53 4
By addi_gurl

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The sun had begun to hide behind the heavy rain clouds, water droplets starting to hit the ground rapidly as Addison sat on the couch in the living room, her knees pressed to her chest with a blanket wrapped around her, awaiting Leslie's arrival. She was trying to convince herself that she was just being paranoid, who would want to pay attention to a girl no one wanted. She was lucky Andy wanted her, who on earth would be hiding in the bushes taking pictures of her. Pulling the blankets tighter around her, she sighed gently, waiting for the familiar beep of Leslies car to alert her of the presence. When there was a knock on the door she quickly sprung to her feet, looking out the peep hole to see her best friends, a relieved sigh leaving her lips when she opened the door. "Hurry." She murmured, grabbing their arms and pulling them in, shutting the heavy oak door behind them, the familiar sound of the lock clicking shut sending relief over her body, if only she knew there were eyes everywhere.

"You think you're being watched?" Natalie asked, quirking her eyebrows as Leslie and her sat on the barstools, watching Addison move around the kitchen to brew them some fresh coffee, a sigh leaving her lips when she started the coffee pot. "You guys think I'm crazy." She murmured, turning so her back was pressed against the cool marble, both her friends shaking their heads. "Adds, your life is a literal hallmark movie, but like, not a good one. Nothing surprises us anymore." Leslie laughed, seeing her best friend relax. "That guy at the club gave me a weird feeling, he kept glancing at the butterfly tattoo you had me get on my twenty first." Addison explained, tucking her hands under her arms, the comfort of Andy's scent relaxing her. "It's that mob guy. Les she may actually be being watched." Natalie spoke, seeing Leslie's face pale. "You're not leaving this house without us." Leslie confirmed, seeing Addison relax, sending a smile to her. "You guys are the best."

Andy walked into Matthew's office, his black suit hugging his body tightly while his fingers fixed the sleeves on the blazer. "You called me in boss?" Andy asked, clicking his tongue when Matthew wouldn't pry his eyes from the computer screen. "Yeah, you're in charge for the weekend," Matthew stated, closing the computer slightly to shield Andy from what he was looking at, "I'm going out of town for a few days, a personal matter. Make sure everything is in shape by the time I return." Matthew spoke, seeing Andy nod, sitting down into the chair. "Sure thing, everything alright?" Andy asked, folding his hands in his lap, his black pants rough against the back of his hands. "Yeah, just a girl. Kinda thinking of settling down." Matthew spoke, pressing his tongue against the inside of his cheek. "I leave in an hour, get everything prepared for your stay, alert Jacobs. I'll be out shortly." Matthew explained, waving Andy off with flick of his wrist, bringing the laptop screen back up to look at the video feed.

In meer hours, Matthew had become infatuated with the girl that held Andy's heart, he wanted her, and if he didn't have her no one could. That little butterfly tattoo etched into his brain, resting on her rib cage right beside the little freckle on her left breast. He needed it, to feel her skin, to run his fingers over the ink that stained her skin. He wanted what Andy had got, a man who had just entered his life made him envious of everything that he didn't have. A girl who was obsessed with him, he suddenly needed it, even if it meant prying her from the cold dead hands of Andy Barber, he didn't think it would get to that point, she'd beg for him, like every other female in his life, she be on her knees begging to be loved by the man, or so he thought. He wasn't prepared for Addison's loyalty to the lawyer turned criminal, she was his, and he was hers, and she'd die before she gave anyone else the satisfaction to have her.

"You have it so dark in here." Natalie sighed, setting her coffee on the table before moving to open the blinds, seeing Addison physically tense at the motion. "It's alright, we're here, if anything weird happens, we'll take care of it." Leslie reassured, placing her hand on the back of Addison's head, who was resting against her leg on the couch. "Yeah, I'm just being dramatic." Addison laughed gently, watching Natalie open the rest of the curtains, the storm becoming ever present as wind howled against the trees, shaking them, branches swinging wildly, the power was sure to go out, the uneasy feeling settling in again when she realized that Andy was in Boston until further notice, her heart pounding against her chest. Leslie took notice of Addison's eyes locking on the swaying trees, placing a hand on her arm, grounding the girl as she closed her eyes, letting out a shaky breath. "We're here, nothing is going to happen." Leslie reassured, feeling Addison nod while Natalie smiled gently, "I'm going to get our stuff out of the car." Natalie stated, seeing her friends nod.

Stepping out into the rainstorm, Natalie noticed a car sitting across the street, the black Cadillac had tinted windows so dark you couldn't see anyone in it, the rain pounding against her head made her decide to drop it, only to look up and see the car racing down the street when she stepped closer to Leslie's car. Bushes rustled behind her, startling her to the point where her breath locked in her throat, rain soaking her hair as she looked around, deciding to just blame it on the wind, unloading the car quickly. There was something uneasy about being outdoors in a rainstorm, especially when your best friend feels like she's being watched. The shutter of a camera caused Natalie's head to whip up, quickly looking around to where the bushes were moving again. "Who's there?" She called, freezing as a gun was pressed to her back, a tall body towering over her from behind, a large hand covering her mouth. "Say anything to mariposa, and you die, understood?" The gruff voice spoke lowly in her ear, his breath so hot she could feel the his words. "Understood." Natalie's shaky voice came out, muffled by the hand covering her mouth. "Good, go before I change my mind." Matthew smirked, watching the girl pick up the bags rushing inside.

With quick steps, she quickly shut the door as soon as she got inside, making sure the lock was secure, before she leaned against the door, trying to catch her breathing, her chest was heaving quickly as tears spilled down her cheeks. "Nat?" Addison asked, sitting up to look over her shoulder, seeing the girl shaking. "Hey, what's going on?" Addison asked quickly, both Leslie and her springing to their feet, quick strides allowing them to cross the expanse of the house, Addison placing her hands on Natalie's shoulders, allowing the girl to collapse into her arms. "Maybe we should have William and Jackson stay with us? Addison's right, somethings off." Natalie mumbled quickly, shaking from the cold air and fear that was running through her veins. "Yeah, of course, I can get the rooms set up." Addison nodded, seeing Leslie lean down to Natalie's eye level. "You okay?" She asked gently, Natalie forcing a small nod while they all sat on the floor in the foyer, just being there in silence for their friend.

Andy was sitting in the office of Matthew's mansion, the mahogany oak covered every inch of the room, decorated with sports memorabilia and family portraits. Four generations of men controlled this very mob, which had easily become the most untouchable crime family in the New England area. The ding of Matthew's laptop bringing Andy from his thoughts, the illuminated screen catching his attention, furrowing his eyebrows as the security footage played on the screen, with closer examination he realized it was his house, Addison sitting on the floor with her friends confirmation that Matthew had hacked into his home security. Curiosity got the best of him as he clicked on Matthew's email, hundreds of photos pouring in of Andy's girl, in 24 hours, Matthew had managed to collect hundreds of photos of him and Addison, but also of every girl the mafia members had been with. He was shopping for a girlfriend, from the girlfriends of the very men who worked for him. "Jacobs!"

The man walked in quickly, freezing as he saw Andy staring at the computer screen, a large lump in his throat. "Yes sir?" Jacobs asked nervously, his hands fidgeting as he rocked back and forth on his heels, looking anywhere but the man in front of him. "Where is Matthew?" Andy asked, obvious frustration radiating off the six foot adonis of a man. "I don't know, I swear!" Jacobs spoke quickly, sputtering over his words while he threw his hands up in the air as to show defeat. Andy quickly reached for his gun, pulling the safety off and pointing it at Jacobs, his face hard. "Where. Is. He." Andy asked again, punctuating after each word, his voiced laced with so much venom they could've killed on the spot. "I really don't know sir, he threatened my girlfriend if I asked!" Jacobs cried out, closing his eyes expecting the bullet to pierce through his skin. Slowly opening his eyes, seeing Andy set the gun on the table with an exasperated sigh. "Keep eyes and ears out, he's shopping for a girl from our girls, theres hundreds of photos on here." Andy spoke, seeing Jacobs nod before rushing out.

Addison and Leslie had coaxed Natalie to the couch, sitting down on either side of her while she sat stone faced, clearly processing whatever happened outside, her hands were locked with the two girls on her sides, tears still quickly spilling down her face. "Addison, what does Andy call you?" Natalie asked, choking on her words while Addison reached up wiping the tears away. "It depends, he calls me kitten and his little mariposa." Addison spoke gently, her voice as sweet as honey, causing Natalie to smile gently, relaxing back on the couch, causing both Addison and Leslie to look at each other completely confused. "Nat why are you asking that right now?" Leslie asked, running her thumb over the back of Natalie's hand. "I was just curious, are they still having the winter fair tonight?" Natalie asked, seeing both Addison and Leslie nod slowly. "Let's go, come on let's get ready." Natalie smiled, trying to bring the conversation away from what had happened outside. "In the rain?" Leslie asked, her brows furrowed together while Natalie nodded. "Come on it'll be fun."

An hour later, the three were walking around the winter fair, hot apple cider resting in gloved hands providing warmth as they shopped the stalls, being covered by the gazebos set up. The rain had slowed, only a slight sprinkle while the fairy lights lit up downtown, the lights dancing around the street. Excited chatter filled the air as couples laughed, families cheered, friends chatted amongst each other. Addison's head was on a swivel, not only uneasy about the events that transpired earlier that afternoon, but to avidly avoid Tommy and Laurie, her heart stopping when she heard the familiar laugh of her sister. "It's okay, we're here." Leslie whispered, taking Addison's hand while Laurie cheered, noticing her sister. "Addison!" Laurie squealed, dragging Tommy over to her sister. "Laurie, do you really think she wants to talk to you?" Leslie asked, her and Natalie forming a barrier between Addison and her sister. "She's still my sister." Laurie spoke gently, seeing Addison look up at Tommy, a broken expression resting on her face, Tommy opening his mouth to speak before quickly shutting it. "Laurie, let's not make a scene," Tommy whispered, taking Laurie's hand, tugging her away, "have a nice night."

Addison let out a shaky sigh as her sister and her ex disappeared into the crowd, pulling her coat tightly around her, smiling at her friends. "I owe you guys." Addison laughed, following the girls to the next shopping both, bringing the cider to her lips. "You do, so you're gonna buy us these earrings." Natalie teased, Addison's laugh filling the air as she fished out her card. "Sure it's the least I can do." Addison responded, taking the earrings from her friends and walking over to the cashier, a smile on her lips as she paid, before heading back to her friends. The sound of leaves crunching behind her made her pick up her pace, the paleness of her friends faces alerting her that her fear of being followed was true, Addison stopping inches in front of them while they reached out for her. Addison froze as the deep voice rang out, tears pooling in her eyes instantly, her heart pounding in her chest as she heard the word.

"Mariposa." 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 1.7K 22
Questioning her ex lover in front of her mother and the grand jury. Savannah Canavan isn't the only person in the courtroom keeping secrets. As far...
16.9K 849 11
Trying to make the best of your new life, you do your best to ignore your new husband whose work puts you in danger everyday, but your husband and ma...
17.6K 860 15
~Completed~ Allison Matthews is a close family friend of the Barbers. During the crumbling of their marriage, Andy Barber seeks refuge in Allison's a...
137K 6.2K 39
She was his first love, and soon he finds out she was also his biggest regret... With Laurie and Jacob away for the weekend, Andy Barber attends his...